Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Sacituzumab Govitecan (Trodelvy)

Options

Comments

• nicolerod
    nicolerod Member Posts: 2,877
    Options

Anyone know the name of the THICK stuff they give for nausea /diarreah for the premed it tastes really gross....

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

My Trodelvy approval finally got through so now I'm just waiting to hear about when I can start treatment. Nervous with the switch. I've had very minor side effects with atezolizumab+abraxane/taxol so I'm weary of the change. Wondering if these are my last good days, kwim?

• nicolerod
    Options

if you tolerated abraxane as well as you did i wouldnt worry i just re started Monday

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

moth: I popped in to see if you had heard anything yet. I hope you get a start date soon so you move on. I also hope you tolerate it well and have good results.

• moth
    Options

hi Elderberry, just heard today. I start Jan 26. Have to go to a private clinic, different than the one I was getting tecentriq at, so it will be all new. And they couldn't fit me in to the one close to me so I'll be driving to south delta, ugh.. Oh well. Glad that I get a chance to try it & hope it works

• Peachy77
    Peachy77 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I'm newly diagnosed with MTNBC in November of 2021. Mets to liver and bone. I've really only just started treatment so am not eligible for trodelvy. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts. It's so helpful. I originally had HR positive Her2 negative in both breasts back in 2017. Bless you all

• moth
    Options

Hi Peachy, sorry you find yourself here but it's a great resource. Are they starting you on chemo + keytruda/pembrolizumab? Have you had your PD-L1 test yet?

I'll be back with a link to the post I made on the mTNBC thread about treatments for us.

Ok here it is:

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

Hope to see you on that mTNBC thread as well

• elderberry
    Options

moth: That's a fair bit of a drive. How often will you have to go? I hope it works for you. You've endured so much!!

• moth
    Options

Elderberry, it is Day 1, Day 8, a week off & start again. I'm still hoping eventually they'll switch me. The other clinic is near Mundy Park so waaay more convenient & there are some in New West & Bby too. Apparently they don't have the specialized staff at all the clinics right now & this chemo can cause allergic rxns etc so...

And I'm getting $14k of drugs every 3 weeks for free so there's that.

I have driven myself to some of my chemos and immunotherapy before but this one requires benadryl which makes me super loopy so dh will need to take me. Frigging covid complicates everything as only he or my kids can drive me

• nicolerod
    Options

Hi Peachy sorry you have to be here...I too was ER+ HER2- originally now TNBC

• nicolerod
    Options

Is anyone here on Facebook??? If you are I encourage you to join the Trodelvy group on there its really good and alot more information than this thread. :)

• moth
    Options

Had my first trodelvy infusion today. So far so good

• elderberry
    Options

moth: Hi. Took a break from the threads. I hope you can get treatment in NW or Burnaby. Big sigh of gratitude you don't have pay for this. Who could? How are you now?

• nicolerod
    Options

Moth glad you had your first infusion..they say IF you will have side effects they will kick in once pre meds wear off so like days 4 or 5.... What premeds did they give you and how long did they run the actual infusion?

• moth
    Options

nicole, I got ondansetron po and 20mg of dex iv. That's it. Ran trodelvy over 3hr. No issues. I'm on oral dex yesterday and today. I guess this weekend things might start going sideways - hope not but I'm prepared

I did join the FB page & read thru the group posts. Thx

• moth
    Options

Elderberry, I need to go to South Delta for it. It was ok commute last week so hoping it stays that way. I'm feeling good so far, thx for checking in on me!

• moth
    Options

I had oral steroids for day 2 & 3 and felt fine then. When the steroids stopped the fatigue was crushing. I've been in bed all weekend though I did get up to walk with olive once each day.

I hope it's working. I hope I start to get some energy back

• Hollyli1202
    Hollyli1202 Member Posts: 122
    Options

Hi Moth - I had my first infusion of Trodelvy yesterday! What a loooong day. I had premeds of Tylenol (650mg), benadryl (25mg), pepcid (20mg), dexamethasone (8mg), and zofran (8mg). Today Day 2, I seem to be feeling ok/good. I have not taken any anti-nausea meds. I am debating as to whether or not I want to take the dex, as they said it helps with nausea symptoms. No diarrhea (yet). I am expecting - if it hits - it will come after the zofran wears off as it's a little constipating. How are you feeling?

• nayda985
    nayda985 Member Posts: 270
    Options

Trodelvy is working for me so far, which is great. My last 2 scans have been clear. But the side effects have been kicking my but. I told my onc that i needed a break after receiving the good news from my last scan. We agreed on 4 weeks off from chemo. Which has gone by too fast, because I restart chemo on the 11th. I have been feeling great these 4 weeks.

The diarrhea kicked my but, I kept becoming severely dehydrated to the point that i couldn't urinate for days and my potassium was very low I kept having to get iv potassium for 4 hours which so long, I would be at the cancer center all day long. When I could urinate it came back so fast and painful. I was miserable.

This time I am going to take the anti diarrheal meds before chemo and hope this helps. My s/e's usually kick in on day 2. My past chemos, I would rebound after 4 days. But on this chemo it takes me 7 days to rebound.

Just happy I am still here living ya know, and I thank God every day. I turn 40 tomorrow, so happy to see another year.

• nicolerod
    Options

nayda....do you have liver mets? If so do they or did they hurt? If so, did that pain stop and if so, after how many infusions did it stop?

• moth
    Options

Is Trop-2 Expression Associated With Benefit From Sacituzumab Govitecan-hziy?

"Although greater efficacy was observed among patients with medium or high Trop-2 expression, patients of all Trop-2 expression subgroups benefited from treatment with the agent, as compared with physician's choice of therapy"

https://ascopost.com/issues/february-10-2021/is-tr...

• nayda985
    nayda985 Member Posts: 270
    Options

@nicolerod - when the tumors came back last july 2021 - i had 1 or 2 in my liver, my stomach, and lungs - no they weren't painful, maybe because of the pain meds i currently take...i did 3 months of trudelvy and they were gone.

• nicolerod
    Options

Thanks Nayda

• naggi79
    naggi79 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi there,

I’m currently on my fourth cycle of Trodelvy and it ha been ok. I do have dizziness and vertigo at times, but it’s manageable. My labs haven’t dropped that much and I’ve been lucky to not have gotten diarrhea so far. I do drink Kefir probiotics daily, I believe it helps. I do get occasional abdominal discomfort, but nothing to bad. So far, the side effects have been ok. I must say it’s been easier than A/C and when I did taxol/carboplatinum/ and keytruda.

• nicolerod
    Options

Scans tomorrow and Tuesday results Wed....please I need PRAYERS!!!! I don't believe the Trodelvy is working but I am PRAYING THAT I AM WRONG!!!

Thanks Sisters!!!

• moth
    Options

Fingers crossed for you Nicole!!!

• moth
    Options

My Cycle 3 will delayed by a week, same as Cycle 2 was, because of low neutrophils. I'm getting a 25% dose reduction and will be adding GCSF as well. Hope it does the trick.

Overall I've been feeling good, my LFTs are all looking very good. Elevated LFTs were the first sign last fall that the abraxane+tecentriq were starting to fail so I'm hopeful that trodelvy is working. Seems lots of people had a dose reduction & it remained effective so I hope that's true for me.

Are Nicole & I the only ones on this drug on BCO atm?

• nicolerod
    Options

Moth I started at 75%.

• moth
    Options

So my scans are not great. New growths in liver & lung & a suspicious thing on my kidney too... But

She said she talked it over with another oncologist & they both felt it was reasonable to stay on Trodelvy for 2 more cycles to see how I do. I had a 5.5 week gap between the last scan in Dec & actually starting Trodelvy (because of insurance delays) and so she's allowing for the possibility that those new lesions popped up in that interval & she wants to see if Trodelvy might be working after all. Not happy with the scans but what can you do.

Trodelvy only works for 1/3 of the people who try it so maybe I'm just in that other group.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 681
    Options

Sorry to hear you didn't get the results that you were hoping for. Glad to hear your MO reached out to an associate for another opinion. It's nice to have an extra set of eyes to review your treatment plan. Sending good vibes that with these next 2 cycles you will have improvement. Best wishes.