Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211

Compliments of the Pennysylvania Turnpike.

• illinoislady

If pictures say a thousand words, V.P. Harris has just smiled a million essays.

• illinoislady

Thank goodness I quit buying BoarsHead meats. Due to salt restrictions, I was buying some of their lunchmeats but stopped some time back. Glad I did now.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Thank you Pete..

• illinoislady

Ick.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

New bangs are even more pronounced in this picture.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Hmmm, a little treason anyone.

• illinoislady

From THE Other 98 %.

The last time Dementia Don got spanked this hard, he paid hush money for it 

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170
    edited September 11

My dog, Pumpkin is organizing a movement which she hopes will gain national recognition:

KANINES AND KATS FOR KAMALA !
    Yes, I dislike the intentional misspellings but I told her that in this case I will let it slide 🤣

• illinoislady

Miss Pumpkin is a real cutie and I wish her much success. I am horrified that any Presidential candidate (no matter who they are) would use such a despicable reference in a debate or anywhere else. Then again, considering the fact that it is FG who exists to divide and conquer, it is not so surprising. Still as a former and somewhat still, rescuer it just upsets me no end.

Noted I'm sure is the meme about all the Hattians living in the U.S. who can vote. FG pays no mind to things like that. You have to do some research to discover that.

Don't know if any recall but things were mentioned (I don't even recall the exact references) something to the effect of FG not having any WH pets like so many have had, and he showed I think some disdain at the idea of his gracing an animal with that kind of favor. He doesn't give that to anyone but himself. My take at the time was that he considered animals filthy, un-trustworthy and would detest sharing ANY space at all with them. I don't think the last son had any pets at home, but I don't know about the others. The two oldest boys are wild game hunters (choke-choke) so in my mind I would think not — but I don't really know. I've never heard mention.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,272

Jackie - love the Wheel of Fortune.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164

If you're looking for a good break from the political shenanigans, DH and I just finished season 1 of KAOS on Netfilx. It's fun to see Jeff Goldblum really acting instead of the charming ham that he's cultivated for so long. The writing and acting are fantastic.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,498

Congratulations to us on now 1001 pages. Great minds think alike! 😉

As we were watching the debate, DH kept yelling, "Mute his mic!" and I keep yelling, "Let him talk. The more he does, the stupider he sounds!"

• ruthbru
  • ruthbru
  • ruthbru
  • ruthbru
  • illinoislady

What Mary Trump had to say about Trump:

Dominance and Catharsis

We’ve been waiting a long time for that, haven’t we—the validation, the satisfaction, the sheer joy of watching a man who so richly deserves it to be humiliated, eviscerated, and dominated.

Not only did Vice President Kamala Harris expose my uncle’s weakness on the debate stage last night, which left him seething with rage and reduced to sputtering incoherence, she also gave millions of us something we have needed for almost a decade — catharsis.

And Harris did it in a way that was not just masterful, it was almost surgical. She dominated Donald from the outset, crossing the stage to his lectern and forcing him to do something he did not want to do—shake her hand. (I confess, I did not want her to shake his hand—not because I thought it was a tactical mistake, but because I didn’t want her to have to touch him.) And then, while addressing policy issues and giving us substantive answers to the moderator’s questions in a way that underscored how incapable Donald was of doing the same, she slid the knife in again and again. She told him to his face in front of the world that he is a disgrace. She looked at him with bemused condescension, pity, and outright contempt. She called out his lies and, worst of all for him, she mocked his rallies:

I'm going to invite you to attend one of Donald Trump's rallies because it's a really interesting thing to watch. You will see during the course of his rallies he talks about fictional characters like Hannibal Lecter. He will talk about windmills cause cancer. And what you will also notice is that people start leaving his rallies early out of exhaustion and boredom.

Donald never recovered from that accurate and damning assessment of one of the most important metrics by which he measures his worth This bit of rhetorical evisceration, which happened at about the 25-minute mark, undid him and he spent the next hour defensive, desperate, and flailing.

We needed someone to call out Donald’s lies in a context he did not control. We needed someone to set the record straight while he had to stand there and listen. Harris did that while laying out his decades’-long patterns of racist, corrupt, and disturbing behaviors that are utterly disqualifying.

For over nine years, this country has been in thrall to a cruel and deranged man who cares only about himself. His constant war on truth and basic human decency has worn us down, demoralizing those of us who care about other people, who want a better world, and who crave a leader who exhibits empathy and understanding.

We’ve been waiting for somebody in a position of authority to stand up to Donald in a way that would matter, that would loosen Donald’s grip on power and perhaps even undo him. Instead, we’ve watched helplessly as the entire Republican Party bent its knee to him; as corrupt judges give him a pass; and as the illegitimate super-majority of the Supreme Court ripped up the Constitution in order to give him, this man who has earned nothing and deserves nothing, more power.

Robert Mueller, in whom so many people invested so much hope, failed to meet the moment. Merrick Garland didn’t even try. Finally on Tuesday night Kamala Harris channeled all of our frustration, all our fear, all of our rage and put that pathetic man in his place—and he knows it.

The only way Donald knows how to prove his strength is to tear other people down. The only way he feels superior is to treat people with contempt and cruelty. Vice President Harris has been showing us a different way. Last night she proved not only that she is a kind, brilliant human being, but also that she knows how to deal with bullies and liars. And she made it look so easy. 

It’s hard to pick which moment of the night was the most gratifying—it was, after all, an embarrassment of riches—but I think perhaps the most important moment came after Donald lied about how “everybody wanted” Roe v. Wade overturned. Harris, who has spent the post-Roe era actually talking and listening to American women, delivered a rebuke that resonated deeply. 

You want to talk about, this is what people wanted? Pregnant women who want to carry a pregnancy to term, suffering from a miscarriage, being denied care in an emergency room because the health care providers are afraid they might go to jail, and she’s bleeding out in a car in the parking lot? She didn’t want that. Her husband didn’t want that. A 12 or 13-year-old survivor of incest being forced to carry a pregnancy to term? They don’t want that.

I felt the anguish and righteous anger in those words. Women all across America felt that and, hopefully a lot of men did, too.

As we know, debates don’t win elections, but Harris’ brilliant performance definitely answered questions many Americans still had about what kind of leader she is. She proved that she would be ready on day one. We can’t depend on that, however. There are too many systemic anomalies that give Donald the edge. No matter how low he goes, tens of millions of people continue to support him.

So, we need to finish the job and make sure Democrats up and down the ballot win in such massive numbers that Donald’s claims that the election was stolen will be believed by nobody but his most deluded followers. We also need to make sure that President Harris has Democratic majorities in the House and Senate so she can make the kind of sweeping changes necessary to fix this deeply broken country of ours.

• 1946taco
    1946taco Member Posts: 283

exbrnxgrl - Mutz will join!

• ruthbru

After doing his research, Bruno is ready to enlist!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited September 12

I totally and absolutely love when Pumpkin makes an appearance on our thread! She is so adorable! Who’s a good girl? Her’s a good girl!

And then the bonus of Mutz and Bruno! They understand the assignment!

I enjoyed the piece by FG’s niece, Mary. While much has been said about Kamala’s handshake with FG, it was one move that did not surprise me at all. It did surprise me that FG thought he could start the debate by trying to throw her off and not shake her hand. Even tho he is physically bigger than she, it made him look sooo small. It showed how the many men of his generation are not capable of seeing women as equals. They are not prepared for it, they think their old ways of putting women in their place will work.

I think my favorite part of the debate was Harris’s description of FG’s rallies: “I'm going to invite you to attend one of Donald Trump's rallies because it's a really interesting thing to watch. You will see during the course of his rallies he talks about fictional characters like Hannibal Lecter. He will talk about windmills cause cancer. And what you will also notice is that people start leaving his rallies early out of exhaustion and boredom.”

Says so much.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

Speaking of handshakes, there’s a video of Biden, Harris, FG, Vance, Shumer and Bloomberg at a 9/11 service yesterday. At one point, Harris and FG reach out to shake hands with each other. FG tries the dominance trick of trying to pull her towards him and she firmly resists. Perfection.