Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211

Damn good questions….

• illinoislady

Speaking of polls, I think Nate Silver is putting a lot of stock in polls right now and not paying much attention to all the things we are hearing about Reps. crossing over — for any reason to Harris. He says he thinks FG could win with s blowout. Funny, then that we are hearing entirely different things. That said — how could anyone be too sure of things with all the lies, suppressions, dirty tricks, Russian influences and other things that we deal with in this day and age. How much wt. has Nate Silver given to those things and is that why he sees things as he does.?

I am concerned and will be until the debates and the election are done. Idiots in Congress sound like they are going to impeach Walz. If you ask me that is some real fear at work. I can't imagine someone as savvy as President Biden and V.P. Harris not doing a very proper vetting of a V.P. candidate and I feel certain they did. I have read a couple of times where the other side is getting VERY fearful listening to lunatic FG spout some of the craziest stuff ever, and I think they too are pretty worried about the debate.

I can't fathom trying to impeach a V.P. or Presidential candidate — but what are you going to do. I do think the conservatives of the Reps. party are quite right. If they don't rid themselves of the worst president in history and get him off their lines, their party will really, I think be doomed. He has done little for them compared to the grief end of things full of destruction of everything that means anything to the American people.

In some ways it is hard to believe that FG could get so far, but there again — we do not administer laws fairly. The very well know or very well off get to skate around whistling a happy tune while everyone else sits it out in a jail cell or worse. We need to make it more of a sure thing, as well as quicker by far.

In my mind — we have done FG and people like him a great disservice allowing them the opportunity to be treated different — it didn't make them grateful, it made them worse — so now we have the FG still socking it to us. Long past time to fix that picture.

• illinoislady

I won't go into it all as it is repetitive, but on the way here I once again read how the Reps. are going to have an election too big to rig — meaning that FG numbers will be too high. Of course, I'm not truly moved all that much but got to wondering if the push is on to give FG a bit of a 'good' news boost leading into Tuesday night. He has had his share of negative news with Jack Smith and a new grand jury indictment as well as V.P. Harris getting 'endorsed' by V. Putin.

FG is off his game so much he is not sure if Putin meant it or not. Well, we could tell him, but he can just keep on wondering for all I care. I think Putin is playing with him to a degree.

Anyway, I'm also still feeling that the Reps are feeling dread big time over Thus. Not all of them, but enough.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,498
  • illinoislady

If religion commands universal charity, to love our neighbors as ourselves, to forgive and pray for all our enemies without any reserve; it is because all degrees of love are degrees of happiness, that strengthen and support the Divine life of the soul, and are as necessary to its health and happiness, as proper food is necessary to the health and happiness of the body.

William Law

• illinoislady

Makes you wonder who else will end up interred on the golf course doesn't it?? It was something difficult to even imagine and I still find a level of disgust with the whole thing. Here is someone who could have bought a small piece of land and given Ivana Trump a serene resting place with a little reverence as well. Melania better hope she goes last.

• illinoislady

Future tense used on this. He and his prior cohorts have already done a fine job going downhill in Florida.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Makes it very imperative to not only vote for President but the down ballot too. I'm going Democrat all the way..

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Never was his style and it's not now. Of course he hasn't.

• illinoislady

I have some thoughts.

• illinoislady

Hmmm, that is weird. What is he hiding???

• illinoislady

And this is what a huge group of people are willing to vote for. Being amazed and horrified at the same time makes one feel like controls have partly evaporated.

• illinoislady

Heathen reaction. May you end up on a farm in a small pasture and not be able to find your way out.

• illinoislady

Why you can't call the police if you don't need them or yell fire in a crowded place if there is none.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

As to thoughts (years ago one of the gals who posted here called them brain droppings) I've had. I read earlier about a gal who is working on positive messaging. To break it down quickly —- you reap what you sow. What she was talking about is that for over 9 years we have been fed fear and loathing. Most of it quite negative. So, that is what we really expect.

We talk as in the above piece about morally stunted (and they are) people, but in part they got that way by listening to a morally stunted person. We have listened to a lot of the same thing and find it hard to dream of better and hard even to hope for better. One of the reasons I work hard not to lose my feeling of hope for us. We truly are better, but it is a difficult endeavor. Staying up while everyone around you tries so hard to pull you down. It is what has driven us since the orange one began his program. Some of us just get resigned and that is not good. It makes it much easier to let the negativism take over.

So, when I do hear Divine, and others say they are not paying much REAL attention to polls and likely a lot of the other news it is a good thing. What makes things work and work well is when the group sees the same dream and they all want it. So reaping better thoughts, hopes, and dreams than what the Right has in store and has pushed for many years now is where we need to go. Turn off the negativism. We know it has nothing to offer and build it better and better.

• ruthbru

I don't trust polls at all now days. I am more worried about the Trump people making trouble AFTER the election….both through election interference and violence. Nancy Pelosi was on The View this morning. She said something interesting. She said Democrats MUST take back the House….otherwise God only knows what the Republicans would do when the election needs to be certified…..

• illinoislady

I agree very much about taking the House.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,272

Ruth - I too am most worried about what comes after.

• ruthbru
  • illinoislady

Free will is not the liberty to do what one likes, but the power of doing whatever one sees ought to be done, even in the very face of otherwise overwhelming impulses. There lies freedom indeed.

George MacDonald

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

I've well past that, but still amazed that so many can't hold this man up to the standards they use for those on our side.

• illinoislady

Melania Appears On Video To Demand Answers About The Attempt On Her Husband’s Life; Public

Responds.

She thinks the shooter should have been arrested beforehand. Well, you know Melania — I really don't care, do you ? I think it more likely your sorry the guy's aim was bad. I'd be more interested to know why with the Loon rhetoric he didn't have that attempt years ago.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Let me get this straight... When he gets shot by an AR-15, they wear maxi-pads on their ears to show their support. But when children get shot by an AR-15, they wear rifle pins on their jackets to show support for AR-15s. Huh?

They are the good ole' Reps.

It's what you get from them. A load instead of anything decent and law-abiding..