Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211

We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.     -The Talmud

• illinoislady

Warm welcome to Bruno and Mutz and of course, others will join, even if their owners can't get pictures.

Divine, I really did enjoy that piece from Mary Trump. Who knows FG better and when she says V. P. Harris was basically surgical in her take down of FG. It was train-wreck Trump that showed up and it was marvelous to see. It is something we all needed. Mary was so right. I think it likely that many of us have truly been sad and a bit dejected losing Pres. Biden in the fashion we did. Knowing what he has accomplished it did seem somewhat disloyal. Thank goodness for his knowledge and deep caring for assuring that democracy will go on. He gave us V.P. Harris in his place, and I feel that her big win on Tuesday night absolved Pres. Biden totally (although he personally did nothing as such) and gave us all back something very important and worthy. All the enthusiasm we need and then some. That is what reading what Mary had to say did for me.

As for the FG, many have said that when she started ahem' goading about his rallies and told people they should watch one, it riled FG to his core. With him it is numbers which he falsely equates with love and admirations and all the positive things that he doesn't have — and Harris was pulling that rug totally out from under him while he fought to keep it. Talk about looking small — this sputtering heathen barely able to spit out his own adulations fast enough. It really was a sight to see and you could feel the satisfaction of the PAY-BACK that we all needed. And lo, she kept doing it.

He and a number of his people want to and are now saying he won the debate. The world at large knows that isn't so, and really what are you going to do. FG has spent all these years saying he was defrauded of his 2020 win and sure isn't about to concede a debate - and worse yet with a Democrat and a black woman to boot. Never going to happen.

Amazing things could happen and I bet they do.

• illinoislady
    edited September 12
  • illinoislady

???????

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

You didn't expect her to put it on her Christmas cards like you dumb f***s do.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

She sure knows how to present a look. Just perfect.

• illinoislady
    edited September 12
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

As to the above the minute I saw it I thought of what Divine had to say about anyone who could be un-decided after what they saw this past Tues. night. I really tried to give that lady a break but the more I have thought about it — Divine as well as the meme are totally right.

If you could not see the entirely STARK difference on total display on several networks and indeed being charged with watching because you would be on a panel afterward then shame on you. I will say I still think the possibility exists that she may have felt embarrassment about making a huge turn, but I also think of the ideal of, to thine own self be true. I guess we will never know ultimately what that lady does but not sure isn't much of a justifier for letting a degenerate con man who is senile and in need of a rubber room (without any dogs and cats in it) off the hook. Pretty much everyone else said they would go for Harris and it is what I expected to hear from them after I watched the same debate they did.

I do think in the strong possibility that if you are not die-hard MAGA then a number of Reps. could lean way over to vote for Harris. That said, I hope if they do that, they will be disturbed enough by 'their' side to vote a down ballot that is reflective of not re-hiring a bunch of Reps. that helped greatly to get them facing the dilemma they face right now. They have a loser candidate and they certainly cannot change in mid-stream as we did. They are totally stuck with FG and also pretty much stuck with his chosen side-kick Vance who is just about as bad-off as his ticket mate. They are listening to lunatics from far-right fringe areas, and I can't think of a quicker way to keep your trajectory going the wrong way. If they want any chance of a party to bring back to life they are going to have to start living in their gross reality because that is the only way they stand a chance of getting out of it.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

I had to stop back and see reactions to the debate. I did watch it although I hadn’t planned to. Living so close to Philly how could I not watch? It was exactly the way I expected it to be, one very intelligent adult and one toddler.

I didn’t go all the way back, started at page 1001. Love the memes!

taco, is Mutz a Cairn Terrier? If so, I will have to PM you because I have a lot of questions for you! We adopted Kelce 4 months ago and I think a lot of her behaviors must be breed related. We love her!

Exbrnxgrl,

Kelce wants to know if she can join the club too!

• illinoislady

How interesting. This is I think at the Twin Towers Memorial and so we have OMG's together. Perhaps, the loon is talking now because he had NOT been talking to Vance as of Tues. night.

Is the look on Vance's face that way because he had to try and explain (didn't come off too well) why loon threw him under the bus on Tues. night by saying he hadn't even talked to him. Sigh for the losers.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Still doing Loon work. She can't make him look as bad as he really is.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Not a lot left standing for Loon. It's what's left.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

I really have to stop here and say that the above meme really spoke to me. I was thinking earlier about how we are warned daily not to hold back on doing what is necessary to go above and beyond as far as we can in this election.

I saw the above and thought of how it speaks so truthfully about how things were. I know myself I was very complacent. It is not that I didn't have plenty of time when I was hugely disappointed in my government. Since Reagan (when my personal taxes went up and basically never came down) when there was a Reps. president for sure I was not going to be happy. But, I totally underestimated the amt. of people who were apparently as un-happy as I was — and so many from the Reps. side. I do realize that I had an almost built-in aversion to Trump. As mentioned before, even when trying to watch "The Apprentice" on tv I had to turn it off after ten minutes because I felt overtaken by a feeling of evil and disgust at him. That said, on the occasion that Reps. in office did make sense I generally listened and on John McCain's first try at running for president, Dh and I seriously thought about him. I am not averse to whomever (Reps. or Democrat) who seems QUALIFIED to work with and help and lead the U.S.

I had no idea there were so many who didn't seem aware of the Loon failings or if they were didn't care. Perhaps it was true that he knew how to use their feelings to suck them in. At any rate, the meme really brought back so much upset and anguish for me

I do feel I know better now. I think in time a number of those people could learn to know and recognize their life getting actually better when they are able to physically, mentally, and emotionally see and feel the difference between a president who cares and a grifting con as president. The time is right and while I'm not about to let myself get too far ahead, I do have faith that things are vastly different this time. For one thing, I don't think there is a James Comer to screw things up or a Bill Barr even. We have issues, but having rid ourselves for 4 yrs. and had a time to do some recuperating, we have been able to make enough difference (even if a lot on the other side won't acknowledge) and most of all to have people of character doing the work of keeping the U.S. going and growing. We have a wonderful man as Pres. who is humble enough to hand the reins to his second in command (what humility and graciousness) and who has shown herself so far above the Loon that it is doubtful he can make one iota of inroad for the rest of the campaign.

In the end I do believe the people he despises most (women) are going to destroy him. The trials, the money penalties, loss of freedoms fs only through home confinement, is only going to be the icing on the cake. He is evil and sickly deranged and why anyone could feel he should be anywhere near our WH is a mystery to me.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Can Trump be any more out of his mind? Asking every cat loved on the globe.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Perhaps you could be a bit made at yourself for having made not only a pretty stupid choice but then being dumb and weird enough to stick with it.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Not always agreed with Wallace since the Loon, but he has definitely got my ear on this one. Right on Wallace.