Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

And after he said he saw it on tv.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

But Maga — you have Kid Rock.

• illinoislady

Fixes the lie that his father barely gave him any money. If someone gifts me $413 million, I won't be shy about saying who gave it to me.

• illinoislady

Brand new cover for this week.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Oh my — better have your Cheeseburger analyzed. You never know, you know.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    Oldest Latino civil rights group announces its first presidential endorsement for Harris-Walz

The former president of the 95-year-old organization, who heads LULAC’S new political arm, said too much was at stake for Latinos under another Trump presidency.

Aug. 9, 2024 NBC

The 95-year-old League of United Latin American Citizens has endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, breaking with its past practice of not formally supporting any political candidates.

The historic endorsement of the Democratic presidential ticket is the first for the civil rights group, which formed in 1929 to protect the rights of Americans of Mexican descent. LULAC leaders announced the endorsement first to NBC News and plan to join Harris and Walz at a rally in Las Vegas on Saturday.

The endorsement was made through its political action committee, the LULAC Adelante PAC. LULAC is a nonprofit with a social welfare arm, and under federal tax law it cannot make political endorsements.

“We are proud to endorse Kamala Harris and Tim Walz because of the real issues facing Latino communities and all Americans across the nation; we can trust them to do what is right for our community and the country,” Domingo Garcia, chairman of LULAC Adelante PAC and LULAC’s immediate past president, said in a statement.

Not all members of LULAC have been or are Democrats, but the group's objectives have mostly aligned with Democrats in modern history. LULAC had been considering creating a PAC for a few years, the organization said. But the prospect of another Donald Trump presidency created an urgency to do it now, said LULAC CEO Juan Proaño.

“The politics of hate mongering and scapegoating Latinos and immigrants must be stopped,” Garcia said in the statement.

“Latinos understand how much is at stake in this election, for not only our community but our democracy,” he stated.

LULAC said its councils, essentially chapters based at the local level, will step up support for the Democratic ticket in key battleground states. LULAC has 535 councils and 140,000 members, 86% of whom are registered voters, LULAC said. The organization has not previously done national get out the vote work. 

In a statement, Julie Chavez Rodriguez, Harris-Walz 2024 campaign manager, said the campaign was honored to earn LULAC's endorsement.

"They've never backed away from the fight for the communities they represent, and Vice President Harris has never stopped fighting to create opportunities for Latino families," she said. She listed lowering health care costs, increasing funding for Latino students and small business owners and addressing "the plague of gun violence." 

With the threat to Latinos of Trump and Project 2025, a conservative coalitions' blueprint for a second Trump presidency, "the stakes of this election require Latinos to unify and organize together like our lives depend on it," said Chavez Rodriguez, who is the granddaughter of civil rights leader Cesar Chavez.

Proaño said LULAC invited President Joe Biden and Trump to its annual conference in July this year. The Trump campaign never replied. Biden, who was then the presumptive Democratic nominee, was unable to attend, but Harris sent a videotaped message.

• “Outreach communication and engagement with Harris since she became the nominee has been impressive. I got three phone calls in a week [from the campaign] on the Latino community,” Proaño said.

Biden won the majority of Latino voters in 2020, but polls were showing a decline in support this year.

• divinemrsm
    edited September 11

Jackie, I loved reading your additional commentary on the debates. One sentence jumped out at me and made me laugh: “They were not able to do much about his diseased mind.” I could just hear it in my head as a very appropriate voice-over comment of the entire evening.

Dh watched the whole debate and thoroughly liked it. He was happy that Kamala brought up all of TFG’s wrongdoings. I have to say, being married to me for 35 years, dh has had lots of exposure to a woman who speaks her mind, ain’t afraid to call out ugly, has a concise list of all the mistakes and doesn’t have a problem skewering someone when she knows things are not right.

One more thing. I confess I have no patience for the woman and her type who still aren’t sold on Kamala. I do not see how you can’t see the difference. Imo, it is a deliberate willful choice to ignore what you are seeing and hearing.

VICE PRESIDENT KAMALA HARRIS:
    I want to respond to that, though. I want to just respond briefly.

Clearly, I am not Joe Biden, and I am certainly not Donald Trump.

And what I do offer is a new generation of leadership for our country. One who believes in what is possible, one who brings a sense of optimism about what we can do instead of always disparaging the American people.

I believe in what we can do to strengthen our small businesses, which is why I HAVE A PLAN.

Let's talk about our plans. And, and let's compare the plans.

I HAVE A PLAN to give startup businesses $50,000 tax deduction, to pursue their ambitions, their innovation, their ideas, their hard work.

I HAVE A PLAN. $6,000 for young families for the first year of your child's life. To help you in that most critical stage of your child's development.

I HAVE A PLAN that is about allowing people to be able to pursue what has been fleeting in terms of the American dream by offering help with down payment of $25,000, down payment assistance for first-time home buyers.

That's the kind of conversation I believe, David, that people really want tonight as opposed to a conversation that is constantly about belittling and name-calling.

Let's turn the page and move forward.

• divinemrsm

Btw, our thread is at One Thousand Pages

• divinemrsm
    edited September 11

This is a report from a local news station in Wheeling, WV.

Father of 11-Year-Old Killed in Ohio Crash Says Trump and Vance Used Son’s Death for ‘Political Gain’

by: Oliver Kerry 

Posted: Sep 11, 2024

Updated: Sep 11, 2024 / 10:06 AM EDT

The father of an 11-year-old boy who was killed last year when a vehicle driven by a Haitian immigrant struck his school bus has criticized Donald Trump and JD Vance for using his son’s death for “political gain”.

Speaking at a city commission meeting on September 10, Nathan Clark, of Springfield, Ohio, asked Trump and Vance to apologize after the Republican nominee for vice president mentioned the death of Clark’s son, Aiden, as a reason to oppose Haitian immigration.

“Using Aiden as a political tool is, to say the least, reprehensible,” Clark said.

“This needs to stop,” Clark said. “I will listen to them one more time to hear their apologies.”

Earlier on Tuesday, Vance alluded to Aiden in a post on X, writing that “a child was murdered by a Haitian migrant.” On Monday, the Trump War Room X account also posted about Aiden.

At the city commission, Nathan Clark said, “My son, Aiden Clark, was not murdered. He was accidentally killed.”

Aiden Clark died in August 2023 when a minivan driven by a Haitian immigrant, Hermanio Joseph, hit the bus he was in. Joseph was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter and vehicular homicide and sentenced to nine to 13 years in prison.

• illinoislady

Divine, 1000 pages is amazing. I thank you Blue for years ago starting this thread and helping so very much in seeing that we had a place to care for not only the parts of our lives that have as a feature a heavy-duty disease process, but as well a place to share the strains and stresses we have undergone with the political spectrum which so deeply influences our lives.

I think this is the third round of pages Blue has instigated. The reason it is the third is due to how the blog was structured before. After so many pages, with memes and lots of regular entries the blog would start loading slower and slower. When that happened, Blue would come up with another little name adjustment and would restart the blog pages over so we could be back to faster once more.

For this latest restart, I have no idea if or how booting up may go. May not be affected so much now. That is one of the reasons that I resize almost every last meme I put in. Hoping to cut down on overall use since I do a lot of memes myself. I have even been experimenting with using small on some of them. Not only saving a little 'space' just in case but I find the larger they are the harder they are for even me to see in a comfortable way.

As to anyone putting things in there are those three little markers giving you a size choice and I think looking at the results of changing the size of some things is likely always good. Print material is what it is. On my computer which is a Microsoft 11 now, the font cannot be changed, but on previous numbers I could change the font to suit me. This one can be changed but it is I'm told, a tedious process.

At any rate I'm thankful and grateful we have this place to come and on days like today (despite knowing there are 55 more days of work) celebrate a bit together our personal page milestone and V.P. Harris's milestone of doing her job well. We are very fortunate that President Biden had her to turn to when the media decided to hound him into standing aside.

I think one of the pundits even mentioned that FG might be pretty sorry at the moment.

• illinoislady
    edited September 11

The douchebag of grievance...thinking there will be plenty of actual evidence when he finally goes on trial...

Just amazing how he 'weaves' things around to get the "RINO" and others crucified for the junk he did or in some cases didn't do. And yes, there is plenty of evidence on him when the time comes. Hint to FG: you can't destroy evidence that never existed and since you are a 'fantastical' liar you can cry all you like but saying what you do won't make it so.

• illinoislady

Indeed, George, indeed!!

• illinoislady

Betty nails it.

• illinoislady

Aaawwww.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady