Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Very scary stuff.

• illinoislady

Well there's the law unto himself he always has been put in black and white for all to see. He needs NO ONE

• illinoislady
    edited September 25

In just a few weeks, our nation will either make history, or we will be history.

I'll start caring what pro-lifers think about women's rights when I see them lining up to adopt foster kids.

Here's a clue for you. Whenever they say they want to "leave it up to the states", somebody is about to lose some rights.

• illinoislady

Snake oil flowing freely.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

And this person probably thinks of himself as human.

• illinoislady

Definitely off his rocker. My head is spinning!!

• illinoislady
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,498
  • ruthbru
  • illinoislady
    edited September 26

Un-believable the people who will vote for the orange jerk. Even when they know they may be hurting themselves. They seem to see it as minor if they can worship to their heart's content and cause other people major discomfort.

I come away with the feeling that they are over and done with the members of their families or even their best friends who may have died of covid or now (for intents and purposes) reside in the poor house. Never seems to occur to them — any or all of them could be next. I don't when I was so blinded, but I think I was fairly young.

FG will take away more than ever and whatever happens to you (even if your one of his so to speak) he will not be batting an eyelash because all he has ever cared about is that it doesn't happen to him. I know it's a cult but a part of me will never quite get that you (meaning his cult members) are satisfied with the dregs and even okay if there aren't any.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

What’s so interesting to me this morning is just yesterday afternoon, I was talking to dh about how Republicans have been attempting to create their own reality since FG was in office by putting as many false stories out there as possible. And then this morning, I wake up and read HCR’s newsletter which discusses this very same thing!

Newsletter excerpt:

_______
    “(Senior advisor to Pres George W Bush told journalist David Suskind), “We are an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you’re studying that reality— judiciously, as you will—we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors…and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.”

We appear to be in a moment when the reality-based community is challenging the ability of the MAGA Republicans to create their own reality. 
    _________

I’m so glad this is being brought up, because sometimes when I see/hear it happening, I wonder if others see it too. So I appreciate the validation. It makes me know I’m not crazy.

HRC’s newsletter also mentions: Yesterday, more than 400 economists and high-ranking U.S. policymakers endorsed Harris, and today, the members of former South Carolina governor Nikki Haley’s presidential leadership teams in Michigan, Iowa, and Vermont announced they would be supporting Harris, in part because of Trump’s economic policies.

Surprised and glad to read about the Haley teams and hope that news makes bigger headlines.

HCR mentions other abominations from extreme Republicans including Clay Higgins and Mark Robinson. Yet these men continue being supported by many/most(?) in their party.

One of the better stories from the newsletter: On Monday, Dan Gooding of Newsweek reported that although Trump said on September 18 he would go to Springfield, he will not. Republican Ohio governor Mike DeWine had warned that the local community would not welcome a visit from the former president. 

Springfield needs a break.

• divinemrsm
    Nikki Haley campaigners endorse Harris

Kevin Breuninger

Several former state campaign committee members on Nikki Haley’s failed presidential bid have endorsed Democratic nominee Kamala Harris, publicly breaking with Haley, who is backing GOP nominee Donald Trump.

“This year the election may well be decided by independents and former Haley supporters,” wrote Tom Evslin, who co-chaired Haley’s Vermont state leadership team, in an op-ed Wednesday for the Vermont Daily Chronicle.

Evslin, who voted against then-Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in 2016 and against Trump in 2020, wrote that he “will be happy to vote FOR Harris if she consistently articulates a strong foreign policy.”

The same day, two former members of Haley’s Michigan state leadership teamalso urged Republicans to support the Democratic ticket of Harris and Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz.

“As Republicans, we believe character and integrity matter,” business consultant Jimmy Greene and communications expert Bill Nowling wrote in a joint op-ed for the Michigan Chronicle. “That’s why we proudly supported Ambassador Nikki Haley for president and were part of her Michigan Leadership Team.”

Nowling is also a co-chair of the group Republicans for Harris, which includes Republican former Reps. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois and Denver Riggleman of Virginia.

“We believed in her positive vision for the future of the Republican Party, Michigan, and our nation,” Greene and Nowling wrote. “Now, we will vote for Vice President Kamala Harris, and we are encouraging other sensible Republicans to join us.”

The latest endorsements came five days after Haley’s former Iowa state co-chair Dawn Roberts announced she would back Harris.

In a guest column for the Des Moines Register, Roberts wrote that while she is “a lifelong Republican,” she was dismayed by both parties when Trump and President Joe Biden appeared to be the top candidates.

When Biden withdrew from the race and endorsed Harris as his replacement, “I decided to see who she really was,” wrote Roberts. “I was impressed with how she handled herself saying that she wanted to ‘earn everyone’s support.’ She showed willingness to listen to a wider range of views to solve problems.”

“So I am supporting Kamala Harris for president,” she wrote.

• divinemrsm
    edited September 26
    We Were on Ambassador Nikki Haley’s Michigan Leadership Team. We Will Vote for Kamala Harris.

September 25, 2024

By Jimmy Greene and Bill Nowling

As Republicans, we believe character and integrity matter. That’s why we proudly supported Ambassador Nikki Haley for president and were part of her Michigan Leadership Team. We believed in her positive vision for the future of the Republican Party, Michigan, and our nation.

Now, we will vote for Vice President Kamala Harris, and we are encouraging other sensible Republicans to join us.

There is too much at stake here in America and around the world to suffer through the distraction and division we all know will come with another Trump presidency.

Let us be clear.  We disagree, sometimes strongly, with Vice President Harris on some of the ways we increase opportunity for everyone, but we believe she is a person of integrity. And right here, right now in this important election, character and integrity matter most of all.

We can’t say the same thing about former President Trump. Trump builds up himself by tearing down America and Americans. Just last week, during a speech that was supposed to be about battling antisemitism, the former president said the Jewish people would have “a lot to do with” the reason he might not win in November. During his televised debate with the vice president, Trump said Haitian immigrants living in Ohio were, “eating the dogs. They’re eating cats. They’re eating the pets of the people that live there.” America deserves better.

But it is more than just the strange things he says. Trump is no conservative.

In reigning in government spreading, Trump is no fiscal conservative either. Trump’s profligate spending as President increased the federal deficit to more than $8 trillion. And at every campaign stop, he promises yet a new government giveaway our nation simply can’t afford. In fact, many mainstream economists estimate Trump’s spending plan will raise the national debt by $5.8 trillion.

Harris’ economic plan would focus on supporting and strengthening independent small business owners, the backbone of our economy.

On foreign policy, as Ambassador Haley rightfully noted, Trump gets “weak in the knees” on Putin.  We believe Trump is too sympathetic to dictators around the world, and Harris will focus on strengthening our alliances.

We cannot go back to the chaos of Donald Trump; we have seen what damage it caused the Republican Party and our nation. We believe it is time to turn the page. We will therefore vote for Kamala Harris.

Jimmy Greene serves as Founder and Board Chair, Jimmy Greene & Associates.  

Bill Nowling is a Co-Chair of Republicans for Harris.  He was the Former Communications Director for Rick Snyder for Michigan and the Former Communications Director for the Emergency Manager for the City of Detroit.

• illinoislady

The more complexity, the more issues.  The more simplicity, the fewer difficulties.  If you find yourself in a complicated situation, look for the simple way out.  The scientific theorem Occam’s razor, put forth by 14th-century English logician William of Occam, states, “The simplest answer tends to be the correct one.”  We have been led to believe that an answer is not valid unless it is complicated.  But then again, we have been led to believe lots of things that are not true.

Alan Cohen
    The Tao Made Easy

• illinoislady
    edited September 26
  • illinoislady

Once again — thank you Divine. As ever HCR is keeping us grounded and sane in her ability to clearly state what we are being told about our "political events" going on just now. Jimmie Greene and others as well. I often had issues with 'good' understanding until people like HCR deciphering the REAL meaning behind events and how they were talked about and explained.

On the way here I read that for the first time, in some time, it almost seems as though the FG's rallies should be televised once more. He has become so 'bad' that even Fox cut away. Well, that is saying something although Fox is as 'fickle' any anyone. If they perceive you as a possible loser they are going to do what most enhances them, not you.

Wondering as always lately, just how many sane and reasonable Reps. are going to vote for Harris, even if they have to hold their nose quite tightly. In addition to wondering if we will ever 'quite' get truth from the media. In reading the view seemed to come across as — okay, Kamala Harris's polls are pretty good, but the other side is going to do things that will allow them to possibly win. Changing laws, installing their people and other in some cases nebulous solutions. At the same time I read these things will not be enough — and even more so if Harris ends up with a landslide. I have thought the landslide could well happen, but goodness, all the great endorsements, all the Reps. who have said outright Harris has their vote, all the sanity while the FG is still focusing on chaos when he can focus at all. Also, it was pointed out again that people are in exhaustion over all of this. The other side is hoping with what they are doing that we will stay home because a lot of what they are doing won't actually work — but if they convince enough of us then we will stay home.

It is tedious and sooo tiresome and completely exhausting. 9 years of HELL is enough and so I do think that people are ready to vote for someone with a new style, a new and fresh outlook. Someone who may not be able to fix everything that needs it, but who will not do the harm and destruction that is promised from the other side. The media is going to sadly continue to play with emotions and feelings and likely will say just enough not to be accused of downright dishonesty, but they aren't going to admit the truth because it won't sell, and they know it. It is going to leave us, hopeful for not with the question mark hanging there until the end. I usually don't like rushing time — at my age it goes too fast, but I think I'll be relieved when Nov. gets here. Whatever happens — the waiting and worrying about the election can end.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Rudy Giuliani Officially Disbarred In DC For Peddling Trump’s False Claims About 2020 Election 

I think Rudy is almost as far gone as FG. I'm not at all surprised. Just one more person who walked too close to FG thinking he could be 'inner' circle and survive. Very few do this and yet the wanna be there types just keep going thinking they will be among the fortunate. These people can't comprehend they are not real to FG. They are pawns in his life game and if one of them falls off the board someone else will take their place. I've never understood why they don't get this. Guess it is like someone who won't quit a bad habit. You think that tomorrow or next week is the right time, but not just now. You need it now for some reason you dream up. Surely, at some earlier point Guiliani "felt" but didn't act because next week would be better.

• ruthbru

I don't know how anyone who is decent, or even just sane, can still be supporting Trump.

• ruthbru
  • illinoislady
    edited September 26

AuthorIf You Only Newshttps://polinews.org/trump-peddles-100000-watches-as.../.

Trump Peddles $100,000 Watches As Melania Complains Americans Can’t Afford Necessities

• illinoislady

Yes, very weird — and that is what makes people sick and tired of the old orange con. We have had enough of his trying to mind our business.

• illinoislady

I'm not sure even this can convince a hard core like Jones.

• illinoislady

There's an idea although FG has a huge number of people who are oblivious to his lies.

• illinoislady

You don't know how UN-alone you are.

• illinoislady

Little thing called integrity which the Democrats have plenty of but for FG and Reps. is in lots of cases very short supply.