Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211

And didn't she just publish a book for which she could use a bit of publicity — because really — whose going to buy it otherwise.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

How can anyone be confused over these facts.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

I’m reposting this meme of yours Jackie, because while I definitely agree with what it says, the thing that astounds me is that it had to reach this point in time “when even some ‘Trump-voting evangelicals’ are noticing how destructive it is that “one figure seems to dominate every facet of our lives.”

??????

We have been saying this over and over ad nauseam!!!! I do not know if “Russell Moore, editor in chief” of Christianity Today was ever a FG supporter. But FG showed his true colors from the get-go, and still the evangelicals continued to embrace everything about him. For the past eight years! Further and further down the rabbit hole!!!! I am all for these people changing their votes to Harris, I welcome their votes. But for the friggin’ love of all that is good, What In God’s Name is Wrong With These Evangelicals!!!!

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164

O'Brien has been fumbling for the reins of the Union ever since he spoke at the GOP convention. This may be a tipping point on the next Teamster Board election.

• divinemrsm

miriandra, yes, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Vice President at large John Palmer announced he is mounting a challenge to current President Sean O’Brien after he gave a speech at the Republican National Convention. “In a letter, Palmer said he was officially announcing his candidacy for Teamsters national office in the 2026 election and invited all Teamsters to join him in forming an opposition slate to “send Sean O’Brien back to the truck.”

Unfortunately, 2026 is a ways off.

• divinemrsm
    edited September 21

”The West Wing” tv series is currently making headlines recognizing its 25th anniversary. The West Wing wasn’t on my radar when it was on in prime time back in 1999 as I was a young wife and mom happily busy with lots of family stuff—I was more apt to watch Pokemon and play video games with my son. But of course, I always knew of The West Wing and have always had a crush on Bradley Whitford.

Then I think it was when I was invited into this thread back around 2014-2015 and started grasping what was at stake in the 2016 election that I spent several months watching the entire West Wing series and loving it.

So I definitely agree with the following story I came across this evening.

Cast members of The West Wing emerged from the real Oval Office this afternoon for a White House Rose Garden reception recognizing the NBC show’s 25th anniversary.

Speaking to a couple hundred attendees, First Lady Jill Biden said that President Joe Biden wanted to make sure that “President Bartlet and his staff had a chance to see the Oval Office again,” while she cited the 1999-2006 show’s inspiration to “so many to step forward and serve our country.”

Martin Sheen, who played Bartlet, thanked the first lady for getting the opportunity “to morph once again into the wonderful character that changed my life and lot of the others as well.” He then made a soaring statement from the Rose Garden steps, reiterating an Irish story themed to the idea of “something worth fighting for.” 

Creator and executive producer Aaron Sorkin pushed back on the cynicism that the show was an impossibly idealized version of the White House.

In fact, he said, “The show was idealistic, aspirational and romantic. Over the years, I’ve noticed that during times of peak political tension, pundits will warn us not to expect a West Wing moment. They need to expect the selfless act of statesmanship, not to expect anyone to put country first. Don’t expect anyone to swing for the fences or reach for the stars. But the fact is, West Wing moments do happen. And Dr. Biden, we saw proof of that on the morning of July 21. That was the kind of thing we do stories about.”

• divinemrsm

I took a screen shot of this article headline. “…as FG era fades”. Hm. Could that be happening? I will not count chickens before they are hatched, but it seemed an interesting headline. Of course, probably feeding me what I want to read or see.

• illinoislady

Once one has encountered God everything is changed.  One does not lead a charmed life—but it is amazing how charming the commonplace can become. One still has heavy work to do but one works with assurance and poise. One still has temptations to meet but they have been robbed of most of their power. One runs into adversity, but the inner certainty remains.

Albert E. Day

• illinoislady

Reading in news home page today that there is some possibility there could be a real landslide for V.P. Harris. This is in fact something I've now read in two or three places — I'm not celebrating in any way. There is much time for things to 'change' and besides, I'm no happier with most of the news and their inability to be REALLY honest anyway.

Having said all that, I myself have thought this and before I was reading it. It was mainly the plethora of other items turning up here and there randomly. When I put them together it did seem there could be something there—which is why my reading it now makes it a bit more believable. FG is going to pieces and his people cancelled his rally in PA. This after cursing someone named Harry at his New York rally that no ones know, and then a speech at a Jewish Council where he mainly demonstrated huge dislike for Jewish people and was blaming them in advance should he lose. OMG — he has no idea anymore (not that he was ever all that ) how to win friends and influence them. Telling Jewish people it is their fault if he loses. Honestly, no wonder PA was cancelled. Who the he** knows what he would be inclined to say and I think his handlers felt it not at all worth the chance that he could get through.

Then again, cancellations (and knowing the real why) are items that should have surfaced in the news all along. Good that some are turning up now, but they are not in neon as things about Harris and Walz . Same pretty much for side-kick Vance. It is being soft-pedaled while if it is from the Democratic side its crisis level coverage.

At least it is good that it is happening. There was also (and I'm sure many of us have certainly had this thought) some news that it was felt that many Reps. are openly stroking FG while they will silently mark down V.P. Harris's name on election day. This is easy to understand. There is that segment of MAGA that won't stand for Reps. disobedience, but it is generally out of fear and quite frankly, the Reps. are very adrift. Many know that FG is a losing ticket, but they don't have a replacement at this late date so what are they to do —- and you don't want the criticism and or derision from your own if you happen to let it be known your going to "dump" FG.

I don't bank on things, and it is certainly a bit far out right now but I do think there are possibilities one could just let lay around in their head. It is what I have thought anyway for a little bit and reading a couple of items just gave it a little more oxygen. I'm counting on nothing right now, but I do think we need a landslide if we can get it — to counter-act all the possible suppressive things the right would like to do to get FG over the hump — just have to make the hump mountain size.

• illinoislady

Hmmm, we heard he was on his way out some time back, but here he still is. I hope Reps. get smart and say goodbye to all the deadwood they carry around. He's a huge piece of it.

• illinoislady

one who has little time since he is always making his well-deserved vengeance list for when he takes over the government in his dictatorship.

• illinoislady
  • pingpong1953
    pingpong1953 Member Posts: 277

I learned more about the way the US government works from watching the West Wing than I ever learned from a civics class. It was an outstanding series and I was sad when it ended. I really haven't watched series TV since.

• pingpong1953
    pingpong1953 Member Posts: 277

My nephew has been driving a Tesla for several years now, and yes, he bought it before Elon Musk showed his crazy. And Greg has solar panels on the roof of his house, so he gets it.

• illinoislady

One ship drives east and another west,

With the self-same winds that blow;

'Tis the set of the sails and not the gales

That determines where they go.

Like the winds of the sea are the ways of fate,

As we voyage along through life;

'Tis the set of a soul that decides its goal--

And not the calm or the strife.

Ella Wheeler Wilcox

• illinoislady
    edited September 22

Because it is today and that is what he does — he hates.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Seeing the above two 'comics' just reminded me of how difficult to think that two human people have been foisted onto the political world who do not really seem to even belong here on Earth — let alone in high government, even the highest.

I do understand the quest for power but to get it through such disgusting low-life grifting people who have such shaky questionable standards seems so out of touch. I do think there are far more people with principle's than not, and it is one of the ideas that has kept me going, but I do admit I often feel like a beating (mine) has taken place. I did confront evil people in this world, but my downfall was in thinking there were only a few. There are many, many more than I thought. Hopefully, and as it seems to me, not enough to turn the tide their way.

Hard to think evil could sit in a White House every day and direct a person's life and expect to keep right on, but as karma would have it — we were saved. Karmic senility is going to do it once more I do believe. That and a very strong, worthwhile candidate in Kamala Harris.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

How great if we can get some of the yahoo Cruz's out of out government.

• illinoislady

So says the steroid liar.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

If you are still on the fence it is because you have some odd reason you want to be there. There simply is nothing to compare between the two candidates on the ticket.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Spelled out so well.