Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211
  • illinoislady

I understand wealth and I also understand wanting a reward for working harder and smarter so to speak, but there is a point where it becomes (at least in my mind) totally indecent. Why does anyone REALLY need that kind of money. Hooray for you in finding out how to make it, but keeping it and trying to add even more while people starve and are homeless or can't get raises or benefits they should have, makes you in my book a diseased person. No empathy, or sympathy, — only greed masters you.

• illinoislady

And absolutely that scary.

• illinoislady

works well for me.

• illinoislady

He would like you to forget he is a FELON and maybe he doesn't want the competition either.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Perhaps a bit more faith in our fellow man being a little more discerning, but still hyping FG is a bit of a cancellation. But nice to know so many do NOT embrace 2025.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

This little ditty should be posted to every female in this planet.

• illinoislady

Sometimes a person couldn't agree more.

• illinoislady

I hope the right people get to see this.

• illinoislady

Hmm, they have hot and cold. Must have used all that hot air coming from FG and Reps. to be able to heat water.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Still avoiding a lot of news daily. The repetition gets me. I do enjoy some things like the Bezos item of getting into outer space for the perspective. Really, does it take something that magnificent to move you. Apparently, you have no idea what summer rain smells like or birds chirping in trees, or deer grazing in your yard — or a mother deer's newborn feeding for the first time. Do you know what it looks like in the woods when a tulie ground fog comes and makes everything look a little eerie in a beautiful way? When you need to buy a place on a spaceship there is something really wrong with you. You have forgotten what simple beauty is all about and forget empathetic caring for those who need. You have absolutely none. Your greed has become you and sir if you don't mind my saying, you aren't very god-da###d much at all.

• illinoislady

At least it was something different than the FG. We do have other things going on. I know that many people are happily ignorant about many of the truths we stay highly aware of at all times. Here's a thought — if we are able to elect V.P. Harris and Walz —- and even take House and keep Senate they are going to be just as resentful that FG didn't win. Likely even going ahead to believe we 'stole' the election by some sort of rigging. There are many who are older (like myself now) who may go to their grave not knowing that they were scammed. It is not that any of us care that you are Reps. We surely do need competing parties and that will not change but so many former Reps from some time ago have changed their registrations (even before this last campaign they found it far too dicey to remain a registered Rep. I'm sure if the Reps. party were thoroughly re-structured and repaired, they could go right back. Now, Reps. are leaving the party in fairly good numbers if media is believed.

So, it is sad for all those who continue to keep their minds closed and who only listen to rt. wing and generally fairly extremist news. You pass it on as well — another hurtful thing. I am today (likely from not slurping up so much news) fairly hopeful today. Sad but hopeful. I have a daughter, SIL and grands and great grands that will have to live in this world long after I'm gone. I so hope and pray that this election we start them all out in the right way.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

I may have posted this before, but in light of recent posts about obscene wealth, please consider this from an article in The New Yorker, May 2005.

Joseph Heller and Kurt Vonnegut (fabulous authors) were at a party at the home of a billionaire on Shelter Island. As well regarded and best selling authors, both men were very comfortable, financially.

Kurt Vonnegut wrote this obituary/poem for The New Yorker in May of 2005 .

True story, Word of Honor: 
    Joseph Heller, an important and funny writer 
    now dead, 
    and I were at a party given by a billionaire 
    on Shelter Island.
    I said, “Joe, how does it make you feel 

to know that our host only yesterday 
    may have made more money 
    than your novel ‘Catch-22’ 
    has earned in its entire history?” 
    And Joe said, “I’ve got something he can never have.” 
    And I said, “What on earth could that be, Joe?” 
    And Joe said, “The knowledge that I’ve got enough.” 
    Not bad! Rest in peace!”

• illinoislady

That is a great story and thank you for sharing it Exbrnbrnxgrl. You really got what I said. Probably mentioned it before, but we have very little here and yet, every time we need something — somehow it shows up and we are ok again. Some people surely would have called us foolish, but we found out I had cancer (the first breast cancer — I have it five more times now) right as we lost our good Ins. I recalled that we could go to the VA. since we were Vets. The military has taken quite excellent care of me since and I am grateful. But, before we figured out we could avail ourselves of the V.A. we used up all our retirement money.

To celebrate finding there was in fact a local VA. we decided to extend our animal rescue. So what money we have since then has gone to animals. We have no regrets. It is just this — there are so many free lovely worthwhile gifts in this world — most right in front of you. It is amazing when you find yourself in position when you have almost nothing and yet you feel blessedly rich and cozy almost every day of your life. There really is no peace quite like it. I love that story because if you think about it very long it is a recitation of simple truth. Wealth is all around you and you don't have to go anywhere and certainly not in outer space.

• illinoislady

Remember, what you possess in the world will be found at the day of your death to belong to someone else, but what you are will be yours forever.        -Henry van Dyke

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Interesting to note what was in my email this a.m. for what we have talked about yesterday. Guess you really can't take it with you, huh !!!

As long as I'm here most of the news seems directed toward the big Fla. storm Helene. As I would expect and as always I'm hoping for them that they all can get through.

I do note that the media still seems intent on behaving like we have two viable candidates instead of the one which is Harris and the other that really belongs more in a rubber room. The polls seem to continue to behave in much similar fashion with if they must — making the Harris gains still within margin of error as though FG has some real magic. I wonder if 'polls' will ever tell us much again.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

If you are from North Carolina — do check and advise anyone you know to check as well.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Just telling you to your face — Reps. haven't gone far enough, and contraception is NEXT.

• illinoislady

Why didn't we all see how easy it actually is to fix our issues — just wipe them off the books and viola'.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Rubio said that in 2016 and guess whose now hawking/grifting on watches.