Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,891

So now the answer. Those people walked over two hours to get back to the parking lot where they left their cars. I feel no sorrow — as the saying goes, lay down with a dog and get fleas.

DSICLAIMER: No offense meant to our great companion dogs.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,573

I am going around absolutely horrified that I am living in a country where apparently half the people want to be ruled by a Fascist dictator.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605

Ruth, I’m not sure those people have any clue exactly what being ruled by a Fascist dictator would actually look like and how profoundly it would affect their way of life, for the rest of their lives.

Elon Musk’s mother is a total nutcase proving once again that the nut don’t fall far from the tree.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,842
    edited October 15

Do you think that the native countries of Rupert Murdoch and the Musks would tolerate their interference in politics? If we could vote to deport undesirables the Murdoch family and the Musks would top my list and oh, throw, Thiel and Melania in there, too.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,605

from Dan Rather's online post

"The 🍊campaign is keeping tight-ish reins on their increasingly incoherent candidate. He will not debate Harris again. He hasn’t done a mainstream media sit-down in months. According to The New York Times, 🍊is considerably less active this cycle. In 2016 he held a whopping 283 rallies. He has had 80% fewer rallies in 2024. He is making odd campaign stops, including one in California, a state he has no chance of winning. He will also hold an event at New York’s Madison Square Garden, which was famously the site of a 1939 Nazi rally, a fact that is already getting some traction.

On the flip side, every move Harris is making is a strategic choice. While many in the Beltway media have bemoaned her unconventional playbook of eschewing the mainstream media, it is a reflection of what may be the political realities of 2024 America. Harris’s target audience for the next three weeks does not watch MSNBC or read The Washington Post. They are getting information from hundreds of niche sources. Trending on social media is more important than a headline in a major daily, which is why Harris appeared on Howard Stern’s radio show and the “Call Her Daddy” podcast. She has similar appearances scheduled in the coming weeks.

Harris won’t win if her supporters spend the next three weeks panicking. She has a good chance of winning if they roll up their shirt sleeves and get out the vote. I have said this before, and I will keep saying it until Election Day: Individual and citizen team efforts matter. For whoever you want to win, make calls, knock on doors, give money, share content, write letters.

The hardest thing to predict in a presidential race — and I realize that’s saying something — is voter turnout. It is important in any race; it figures to be decisive in this one. So go vote. Vote early. Encourage your friends and family to vote. Drive your fellow citizens to the polls. Work to get others to vote as if American representative government as we have known it depends on the outcome of this election. Because it does."

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,842

I mailed my ballot in and received confirmation it arrived. Love Dan Rather so thanks for this post. He speaks from the heart.

• illinoislady
    edited October 15

If I keep my eyes open, I see bugs and snakes and intricate tiny flowers and cool rocks and nice smiles and beautiful architecture and gentle kindness.  If I keep my heart young I notice great places to play, nice sunsets, cool hideouts, neat ice formations, and strange and unusual birds and animals. Life is never ordinary.  We can make it seem ordinary by closing our eyes and hearts to its wonder, but that's not life's fault.  I prefer to notice the little things and then leave them be--never trying to take them with me or preserve them--because that's what life's supposed to be, and that's what makes me happy and keeps away disappointment.

tom walsh

• illinoislady

Interesting notes this morning. Handlers let FG do a rally/town hall in PA. They packed is with his supporters so it would go easy on him and brought in Kristi Noem for good measure, I guess. It was a fizzle. FG answered a slight few questions then seemed to get confused about what he was doing and so spent the next 39 minutes listening to one of his music play lists. Noem tried to get him back on track, but it didn't work.

This will not garner much notice from the media. They can't admit this close in that FG is a goner and so they will figure good ways to ignore this rather glaring display of a man in the throes of dementia. Reps party destructing because they let EVERY opportunity go that they had to get rid of their total dud. Talk about who might be sorry now — maybe quite a few.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,573
  • illinoislady

Perfectly captures what I was thinking when I read what the Loon said.

• illinoislady

Amen.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Really !!! I don't know any educated person who is willing to lose their social security, and Medicare and living in a police state.

• illinoislady

Not exactly common sense. In fact, nuts.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Well, we knew he wasn't quite right away — now we have a name for some of it.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Agreed.

• illinoislady

Nothing but some kind of damage everywhere he goes and everything he says.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

May I present the STABLE genius.

• illinoislady

Of course, he is not going to release it. It would have the name of the dementia drugs he is taking.