Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,842
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal

Says it all about his character…

• betrayal

She should be in Wicked…

• betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal

Two fools

• betrayal

www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/melania-by-melania-trump-review-a-blame-dodging-masterclass/ar-AA1sbjxC?ocid=windirect&cvid=9ee009d5bb1b4e6192affc5ece68df64&ei=36

Can't get this to highlight but if you click on it you will see the option to go to the article. It is an interesting read of Melania's new book and probably a good reason why not to purchase it. If you did, the main purpose might be emergency toilet paper the next time there is a run on toilet paper.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,249
    edited October 13

You mean the show, Wicked? No, both Elphaba/Wicked Witch and Galinda/Glinda are very sympathetic characters whose back story changes our perception of who they are. This is not the L. Frank Baum story but Gregory McGuire’s prequel which presents Elphaba in a positive light! A wonderful book and one of my favorite contemporary musicals but neither leading character is actually wicked. No part in that show for MTG! *

*Ok, if we want to run with Wicked, maybe the part of Madame Morrible would suit her.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,891

You have choice. You can select joy over despair. You canselect happiness over tears. You can select action over apathy.  You can select growth over stagnation. You can select you.  And you can select life. And it's time that people tell you you're not at the mercy of forces greater than yourself. You are, indeed, the greatest force for you.

Leo Buscaglia

• illinoislady

Great memes. As always with so many I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or just what. Where the Loon is concerned often, noting quite fits.

As to THE BOOK —- and the great and gorgeous Melania, who I do not see as great and certainly not gorgeous. Sophia Loren she is not. I had read an exert before of the book and based on that alone I wouldn't buy the book. After having read a much fuller 'report' (thank you Betrayal) I say no way in hell would I have even the minutest interest in it. Seems to me the author of the report has her petty much a disconnected starlet — who starts a discussion she never really finishes. She tells you something like a conversation with the Loon but not what was really said — so that in the end you know neither.

That's okay. I've never really been able to work up any decent feeling about her and that is likely because from the moment I knew who she was and that she had a 'connection' to the Loon, I always saw her as a user. I still see her as a real opportunist. She didn't make such a bad deal — although I could not have done it since in my view if this woman EVER had a decent reputation that was gone with the wind the minute she hooked up with the Loon. Hate to the bearer of bad tidings missy, but the U.S. does not want you in the role of FLOTUS again. In a word — you sucked.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,249
    edited October 13

I also have no interest in Melania’s book but also have no comment as I haven’t read it. I follow that gem of wisdom from the late great Jimmy Buffet… Don’t try to describe a Kiss concert if you’ve never seen it… don’t ever forget that you just might end up being wrong.

Beauty is such a subjective observation but I can often look at things or people and find them objectively beautiful but not attractive. That is, they fit within a standard of beauty but hold no appeal or attraction to me. That’s how I view Melania. She has the appearance of beauty but is not attractive at all to me. Maybe if she smiled every now and then it would help 🤷🏻‍♀️

• illinoislady

Nothing special so far today other than the Loon falling all over himself. He is so far gone he now says that Biden and Obama hate VP Harris and that former Pres. Obama is going to vote for him. I say Loon, you'd best watch out for the flying pigs. No problem with assassin's bullets but now the pigs could be a real issue.

That and the fact that one article I read spoke about the fact that some black (younger) men are saying they will vote for the Loon. It is being made into the usual scare tactic. The percentage still doesn't make it high enough to overcome the amts. that are going to vote for her. But that is what we are going to hear from so many in the media who need you clicks into them.

It is part of the 'polls' that likely are saying things based on outlier results and use on the polls that are not considered outlier. Just a little subtle arrangement making it seem like VP Harris is neck and neck or possibly in trouble.

As time goes by I keep thinking with the positive things I hear that something is really off. I just don't understand how you can have THAT MUCH positive and be neck and neck and the polls won't move for either candidate. I hope it means what it seems, but who can know for sure. Polls have not been a GREAT indicator for some time. I am aware that Nate Silver seems to go along with the neck and neck idea along with even seeming to give the Loon more of a change than VP Harris. At one time that would have terrified me, but it doesn't now. Nate is not with 538 anymore although that alone isn't a big deal, but I do wonder just who is in the polls that he is using (seems I read somewhere he uses the same 13 pt. measures) and if that is affecting his predictions.

Guess we are going to have to have that election to see and by the way, shame on Georgia. Saying that I do know that the Reps. were able to get their people in there to MESS with laws and changes so that is why, but I find it sad and shameful because no matter how you slice it — it is a cheat and a fraud.

• illinoislady

Praying she gets the dump this time.

• illinoislady

Hmm, not only the orange, butt the teeth seemed to have slipped down a bit.

• illinoislady

Oh if only we could lose him too.

• illinoislady

'Yet, that is what Harris supporters really are seeking; some certainty that Trump’s chaotic carnival will not be coming back to town. Tempting as it may be, though, another round of doom scrolling is not going to bring that assurance. The choice is to either take a break, turn off the TV and put down your phone, or keep riding the yo-yo of emotions for a few more weeks until the nation’s fate becomes clear on Nov. 5.'

So, I guess I'll go lighter on the news and wait for Kamala to win on Nov 5th.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

As to the above — with all that is known about the Loon and all that we are able to become aware of (although I admit you have to be willing to tune into it) even now, I really don't see how neck and neck or any kind of a decent number of votes could transpire.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Does he even know who he is rally talking about?

• illinoislady

Total loser status.

• illinoislady