Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,891

That he's sick, demented and senile — and uses too much make-up.

• illinoislady

Okay-Loon. If you just lost a vote or two putting this Rep. mayor in this position, oh well. Don't come crying after the fact.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,842
    edited October 13

I can honestly say I saw Wicked in London and wanted my money back, not due to the cast, but the whole premise of the story. Did not need to know a backstory on a great story and by someone who just wanted to make money.

I absolutely hated it and would never recommend it to anyone. I love musical theater but this did not make the cut. So again we can agree to disagree.

• illinoislady

I have no comment. I've only seen one musical - 1776 years ago which I absolutely enjoyed tremendously and wished (like the old theaters) I could sit and watch it over again almost immediately.

• illinoislady

one for fun —-

• illinoislady

Well, it would seem in your family some parents didn't do this for their children — and then many years later they turned orange.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited October 13

Interesting...virtually every person Trump hired in his first go round isn't supporting him being elected again...including his VP..

I see your sir feel you are the 8th. wonder of the world. In that case, you should be glad the Loon didn't hire you the first time around — and of course everyone I know is doing their best to make sure Loon isn't given another crack at it. Go play in the traffic.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,249

It’s fine to disagree but there are no ”wicked” characters, in the leads, so your saying that MTG belonged in Wicked did baffle me.

• illinoislady

Tax them to the total hilt and just wondering — how the heck do you make anyone godly?

• illinoislady
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,249
    edited October 13

I was really fortunate to have grown up in NYC with parents who were huge Broadway fans so I was exposed to so many shows I can’t even remember. When I flew for Pan Am, our layovers in London were fairly short, 24 hours, but we often squeezed in a show.

My point is not whether one likes Wicked or not or whether one thinks it has any theatrical value, after all, we like different things. Not sure why/how a critique of the show has anything to do with it. Just making the point that neither of the witches in Wicked is actually… wicked, so not understanding how MTG fits in 🤷🏻‍♀️. As to the author, again, he was was a well regarded author (he’s actually written more children’s/young adult books than adult books) before Wicked so financial motives were unlikely and all the character from the original books were in the public domain.

I sincerely apologize for this devolving, just wanted to try to understand and/or clarify the reference. And in the famous words of Elsa, I will let it go! (With apologies to those who dislike Frozen 😊)

• illinoislady

DISCLAIMER:

This article came from American News X and I really like the site. Having said that, this article came with a picture and author's name is at the bottom.

I won't say I agree with every little thing in the article but I did find my head shaking yes over a whole lot of it so I decided to share it. What you might think is up to you.

We had dinner tonight at this huge buffet. I bet it seats around 400 people and it was absolutely packed. It was Micheal's one year anniversary here and we were just marveling that he's from Visalia California, I'm from Crestwood Kentucky, Lily, her mom and sister are from Myanmar and Sister's boyfriend is from Isaan and here we are in our new home country eating with hundreds of others and we absolutely love it.

The United States is sick right now and it's because the dumber half of America thinks that immigrants are a huge problem and that if we allow a 78-year-old serial conman who has cheated on all his wives and his taxes but he's convinced that everyone else in the United States like his supporters think that everyone else is as dumb and gullible as they are.

Ignorance is a terrible and completely curable affliction that too many in America refuse to crawl out of. It's a state where you know in your heart that you don't know anything but you have to act like you are smart except when you are really around smart people and then you have to be quiet so someone doesn't correct your ignorance.

I have heard many people say Newt Gingrich is an 'intellectual' and that's like saying black mambas make good pets. He has a better vocabulary than your average rube but you wouldn't put him in charge of building a bridge because the man is a complete ignoramus.

It's natural in nature for animals similar in traits to seek out others like them and sadly for humanity, the most powerful nation in the world has decided to parse itself into intelligent woke people and morons who mock being 'woke' when they either have the red hat on or Trump tattooed across their foreheads.

Back in the day I used to argue with a lot of 'Dittoheads' who were Rush Limbaugh fans because they liked everything he said because they couldn't think for themselves so they called themselves 'dittoheads' because Rush was so awesome at expressing their hate.

Rush has been dead now 4 years and I have not once heard Hannity quote his good friend Rush or anyone else for that matter who said, 'hey you know this one time Rush said something really pithy.'

It's the same with BillO the Clown who has no more self respect at all because he is still pining for this dunce Trump. If you see anyone who looks like Bill O'Reilly you know you need to make an exit as soon as possible.

There is nobody on Fox who even has the basic amount of intelligence to be self-aware. What's so infuriating is that Kayleigh McEnany went to Harvard Law School and of course she's not practicing law because living in the La La Land of Ragegasmic television is a lot easier than going to work in a courtroom.

I watch the occasional clips of Jessica Tarlov dealing out truth bombs to the other bubbleheads on The Five but it is really a mystery to me how the other four manage to wake up, remember to breathe, bathe, put their socks on and somehow navigate through New York to get through to the Fox TV and I am convinced Jesse Waters' mother drives him there.

Try and think of anything Rupert Murdoch has done for the betterment of humanity? He invested in that Scam Lady to the tune of $100 million which is like $20 bucks to us but there is nothing resembling beauty or goodness in the world because Rupert Murdoch was on it. In point of actual fact, nobody in world history has done more to destroy democracy than that colossal ignoramus.

Take a moment to imagine getting patriot lessons from an Australian who has no allegiance to anything but money? That's what Republicans are now and they are all slaves to the Fox echo chamber and don't think I have anything nice to say about MSNBC because I don't. Our fourth estate is failing badly because their sole pursuit now is not truth but valuetainment and how much they can rake in before the next election cycle.

Every single news outlet in the nation has completely shut up about Trump's age when they would not shut up about Joe Biden's but they are all quiet about the geriatric playboy who doesn't know where he is half the time because the truth they do not want normal people to figure out is that Trump is good for them. He's a ratings bonanza and they want him to win because they think if he does then they will rake in the cash like they did when he came out every single day and was a national embarrassment.

They no more cared about the damage to democracy he was doing than if the garbage man didn't show up. They have no allegiance to the 4th estate our founders laid out because there isn't a network that is actually telling the truth about what is happening besides Al Jazeera and Frontline when it's running.

The problem with the fourth estate is the same with the rest of the country and that it's run by people who need to retire and let the younger generation be in charge now because the Royal Fisting old people have given the United States is so grievous that it's a wonder the United States will survive the one Trump administration.

The biggest economic boon in world history was when the top tax bracket was 93% under Dwight David Eisenhower and nothing is even a close second but Republicans like the lunatic Fred Koch saw a responsible and competent government as a threat to his accruement of wealth and they have been wildly successful in undermining our democracy.

The United States has never been a democracy and it never will be because of the craven incompetence and outright evil of Mitch McConnell and his band of miscreants who put the lunatics who now sit on the Supreme Court.

Since the Citizen's United case was decided, the United States is not even the illusion of a democracy it once was, it is a full on Kakistocracy and the people stealing the most from future generations to ensure their family's legacy are not interested in peace or humanity in general. War is profitable and nobody makes more weaponry than the United States.

We have become so inured to what we care about that we will all sit on our couches and watch a genocide unfold and we will even fund it so someone is learning how good American weapons will kick someone's ass, even if they are children.

That's a hard pill for me to swallow even from the relative peace of Thailand.

If you detest Republican liars as much as I do and enjoy my scintillating screeds, you can join my Patreon for as little as a buck or share. Thanks! https://www.patreon.com/thomasclayjr 

• illinoislady

and you obviously decided to join them.

• illinoislady

No lies here.

• illinoislady

That's right. Working class poor should not be a REAL thing.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Strong, intelligent, elegant, and a fine leader. All the things a president needs to be.

• illinoislady

Creepy, evil and weird.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

These are the things that give me pause — when I hear what the media keeps saying about neck and neck etc.

• illinoislady

Just another well-educated idiot.

• illinoislady

This is why he has raped women and grabbed them in places — because he sure as hell can't charm them.

• illinoislady

Saying it is one thing — but copying to paper is really proof he doesn't have any idea what he's really saying. and is about as far gone as you can get.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Another one of those concepts of his.

• illinoislady

Hmmm, great thought.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,842

Yes, just let it go. If you intend to be antagonistic, that is the opposite of what is intended here. We each have a right to express ourselves without having to explain our message to other posters. So please, just let it go, I didn't come here for a lesson in your POV.

• illinoislady

Why Conservative lawyers Cannot Defensibly Assist Trump With Efforts to subvert Election: Legal Expert

With less than 30 days until the presidential election, Donald Trump is expected to take legal action in the case he's defeated by Kamala Harris — as he did in 2020.

In an op-ed published by The New York Times Sunday, University of Pennsylvania law professor Kate Shaw submits that although Trump and his allies' "efforts failed spectacularly" in courts across the country, the former president "will most likely be, if anything, more determined to win at all costs — driven not only by desire for power but also by fear of what might come of the pending legal cases against him."

a letter last month urging him to investigate and potentially remove highly partisan members of the state’s election board."

Furthermore, Shaw emphasizes that many lawyers are well aware of the impact representing Trump could have on their futures.

"Lawyers cannot, consistent with their ethical obligations, participate in devising litigation that is retrofitted to support the position Mr. Trump seems to hold — that the only 'real' Americans are those who cast their ballots for him and that those who vote against him are by definition engaging in fraud," the law professor writes.

"Attorneys at prominent law firms should already know that they cannot defensibly assist in Mr. Trump’s specious efforts," Shaw adds, noting that, "If they waver, their corporate clients should make clear they do not want their attorneys associating with a candidate who has already told us he will not respect the will of the voters if they do not choose him."