Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,528
    edited July 2020
    Options

Ruth, you have a new avatar and I really like it. Also love the 'can't even go to Europe' meme. Oh so true. Exbrnxgrl, that's right -- Trump usually offers no surprises at all. I just read a piece that ( this has gone on for a while now ) that Trumps numbers are so bad that he is reverting to the 2016 playbook and that obviously will not work. So -- what would he do. What he has always done -- take the money and run. Or better known as quit and hope to save face while blaming a number of people or things for 'giving' up. When cornered before and he has been, he goes bankrupt. Well I do admit is campaign is bankrupt and in his fright over all this ( even though he largely remains seemingly cool ) if it doesn't turn around, and how could it possibly with his present behaviors, in order to save face he is going to have to come up with reasons to quit so he can not undergo a devastating loss to Biden.

If he is lucky and quits before the transfer, maybe Pence will pardon him and his whole family. I would not like that because they surely would not deserve it, but the important thing is to get him out. He will want to make the best deal he can in doing something else ( when he quits if he does ) and I think won't be too concerned in trying to hang on and not leave the White House. Interesting times ahead.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited July 2020
    Options

Ok you teachers, get your red pens, correct his spelling🤣🤣

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Opinions

Trump's immoral campaign is also incoherent

Add to list

Tilton/Getty Images)image By Jennifer Rubin

Opinion columnist covering politics and policy, foreign and domestic

Email Bio Follow

ColumnistJuly 6 at 9:30 AM

President Trump's defense of white nationalism — from his glorification of Confederate statues to his refusal to acknowledge, let alone address, systemic racism to his demonization of immigrants — is immoral and un-American. Moreover, both the message and the mass events he uses to propagate it are unsustainable as the basis for a presidential campaign. Here are 10 reasons why:

• If left-wing mobs are attacking the country, why doesn't/hasn't Trump done something about it? He's president after all.
    • Does Trump have a plan (beyond statues) to address this non-problem? (Hint: It's not a problem; it's not "solvable"; and it offers nothing but a conduit for bile.) A president is expected to govern, not simply to vent.
    • Why should Americans care about statues when some 127,000 people are dead from covid-19 and unemployment is in double digits? His obsession seems especially bizarre given that the country is experiencing actual carnage thanks to his incompetent response.
    • Since no significant violence is perceptible, how does he sustain the illusion that his followers are under siege? (Watching a crowd tear down a Confederate monument or two is not exactly bloodcurdling.)

[What changes do you hope will come out of protests and debates about police and race? Write to The Post.]

• What states can be won without nonwhite voters, college-educated voters, young voters and suburban women (granted, there is some overlap among these) for whom his message is repulsive? (He can hold his racial-grievance sessions in red states such as Oklahoma and South Dakota, but how do his messages play in states that are actually in contention?)
    • Who are these Democrats that he claims support violence? (I haven't seen any of them on the ballot.) Does anyone outside his cult think former vice president Joe Biden defends mayhem?
    • What will Trump do when events he needs to spread his message of racial grievance and belligerent opposition to medical expertise add to the pandemic death toll (since they are held without mandatory masks and social distancing)?
    • With states such as Texas and Pennsylvania requiring masks and/or banning mass events, will Trump appear and break the law, stay away or capitulate to health experts?
    • Will any incumbent Senate Republican in a competitive race (e.g., Maine, North Carolina, Colorado, Montana, Georgia, Arizona, Iowa) appear with him? While Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) can be counted on to regurgitate Trump's message of white grievance, does Trump plan on throwing overboard any Republican who won't?
    • As corporate boycotts pressure Facebook to police hate speech and Washington's NFL football team to pick a name that is not racially offensive, what happens when Trump's donors and surrogates (not to mention right-wing media outlets) come under similar pressure to sever ties with him?

Trump is running a campaign akin to George Wallace's in 1968, when he denounced "a few anarchists, a few activists, a few militants, a few revolutionaries, and a few Communists … [whose day] is going to be over soon." If you think I exaggerate, consider that Wallace in 1968 declared, "The American people are not going to stand by and see the security of our nation imperiled, and they're not going to stand by and see this nation destroyed, I can assure you that." Wallace insisted, in words that are eerily familiar to voters who listen to Trump: "The pseudo-intellectuals and the theoreticians and some professors and some newspaper editors and some judges and some preachers have looked down their nose long enough at the average man on the street."

Fifty-two years later, Trump's rhetoric has even less currency than such assertions did in Wallace's era. The country is different. The electorate is different. And the rhetoric of subversion, violence and fear does not really work when you are the one in power and responsible for keeping Americans secure and safe. And on that score, voters are all too aware that Trump has not kept them safe from death, sickness or economic distress. Trump's bet that Americans are racist and oblivious is a poor one.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Just un-believable. I use American News X a lot and generally trust the information I receive from them. Rather astounding, but VERY Trump-like because his gourd is missing the seeds. Just mostly empty spaces there.

There's stupid, and then there's Trump stupid.

The reelection campaign of President Donald Trump wants American voters to know that if he's given a second term in office, he'll focus on protecting monuments to the things right-winge…deepleftfield.infoThe Trump Campaign Proudly Vows To Protect A Statue Of Jesus – That's Located In Brazil!The reelection campaign of President Donald Trump wants American voters to know that if he's given a second term in office, he'll focus on protecting monuments to the things right-winge…

The reelection campaign of President Donald Trump

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,830
    edited July 2020
    Options

Well, I just wanted to make sure the current Mrs. Newsom and CA First Lady, Jennifer Siebold wa not left out. They have been married for many years and she is well liked.

• SerenitySTAT
    SerenitySTAT Member Posts: 3,534
    edited July 2020
    Options

One of these is not like the others. Trump says you need to learn to live with it?

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

Trump has a national strategy. But it doesn't benefit the nation.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

He never goes against Putin.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,195
    edited July 2020
    Options

Like the above meme but think the rag should have been applied to Putin's backside and not his shoes to really make the relationship understandable.

What does Putin have on Trump? Does he also have something on FLOTUS as well?

• ananda8
    ananda8 Member Posts: 1,418
    edited July 2020
    Options

What does Putin have on Trump? Epstein.

What does Putin have on Melania? She is Putin's plant, Trump's handler.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

And there's this:

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,065
    edited July 2020
    Options

Wow oh wow, Serenity. This will be massively explosive, perhaps even more so than the Harvey Weinstein case.

I recently read “Relentless Pursuit: My Fight for the Victims of Jeffrey Epstein". It's written by Bradley J. Edwards, a victim's rights attorney who doggedly pursued Epstein for years to get justice for the victims as well as expose the corrupt system that let Epstein away with his crimes for too long. Edwards writes about everything in great detail yet the book is extremely readable; I couldn't put it down. The average person like me has no idea of the true lifestyles of some of the rich and famous. I couldn't even come up with this stuff in my wildest imagination.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Oh and btw, Melania's former confidante of 15 years, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, plans to release an explosive tell-all “Melania and Me” out September 1st.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

Yeah, these people live differently than the rest of us. At least in their world there's still no honor among thieves.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,026
    edited July 2020
    Options

I just hope Maxwell can stay alive in prison better than her boss did (I, myself, believe he was murdered by those who didn't want him to talk).

• ruthbru
    edited July 2020
    Options

• ruthbru
    edited July 2020
    Options

From the 18th Century.....might have to join the Methodist Church!

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

I read Bill Barr wanted to visit her in prison, and her lawyer said no.

Bill Barr has known Epstein since his father hired him as a teacher. Oh, the tales she could tell...

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Just a thought here about the many people getting ready to drop the printed page on Trump and the little woman. Oh where or where did I read that Melania actually has been behind Trump all the way and was mad when the pu**y grabbing tapes turned up. She felt like Trump had ruined it all right then and there, for both of them. She had been pretending all along that she wanted no part of a 'presidency'. Thinking about it though she really hadn't been in much in the lime-light for yrs. Maybe not so far-fetched that she saw a chance to 'shine' again for awhile.

Anyhow, anyone with something to say, now is likely a good time. Trump isn't holding together well at all and flounders at every turn. The Reps have no control over Trump either so I think they will jump ship at some point if he keeps it up. He is appealing only to his hardcore as has been the case all along. He is not changing the minds of the people he most needs. Alienating them so much more is more like it. He thinks he alone can fix it -- but I don't see the death of 133,000 people on your hands, nothing but lies, a failed economy, an impeachment and so many other things as actually fixable.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'WE TRUMP SUPPORTERS MAY BE SELFISH, FEARFUL, ANGRY, HOSTILE, WILLFULLY IGNORANT AND DEVOID OF EMPATHY, BUT AT LEAST WE DON'T WEAR MASKS. f the red state rustler @redstaterustler'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

No photo description available.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

That's what we're here for: to make the world new. We know what to do: seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly, treat every person as if he or she were yourself. These are not complicated instructions. It's much harder to decipher the instructions for putting together a tricycle than it is to understand these. -Nancy Mairs

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Donald Trump: Ido solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, so help me God." Kayleigh McEnany: "He was joking."'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Before the pandemic is over, Trump supporters will volunteer to have COVID-19 injected into their bodies to "prove" the disease is a hoax.'

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,195
    edited July 2020
    Options

For this latter meme, they will follow-up with a clorox cocktail with a hydroxychloroquinine chaser.

Love the Bullshit Barbie one. She needs to take off the cross because hypocrisy is a target for lightning bolts! What a phony Christian.

Loved the Dr. Fauci one and if Time magazine doesn't make him the man of the year, then that is a rigged selection process.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Batshit crazy is right, Jackie.

I encountered batshit crazy this weekend. Dh and I Visited his mother who turns 92 this month. She lives with her daughter (my SIL) who loves Trump.

SIL mentioned visiting her doctor in February. Breezily, she said, “My doctor asked me what I thought about the coronavirus. I told told him, just take Hydroxychloroquine, zinc and a Z-pack and that takes care of it!"

I wish I woulda thought to ask if you wash all that down with a couple Clorox tablets.

She believes Covid19, which she offensively referred to as kung flu, is no big deal and is quickly cured. And does she expect me to believe the doctor sought her medical opinion? She's a 67 year old woman with a college degree. In metallurgy, not medicine.

It was creepy. I only go to her house twice a year, MIL's b'day and Christmas. But such are the Trumpers. They have a batshit crazy belief system.

• SerenitySTAT
    edited July 2020
    Options

Crazy and sad. So many people have died. More will die. It didn't have to come to this.