Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,513
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, meme and beard, text that says '"Donald Trump is not just a failure as a President, he is a failure as a human being." -Rob Reiner CALL TO ACTIVISM'

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited July 2020
    Options

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,313
    edited July 2020
    Options

So now the WH coronavirus plan is "live with it till there's herd immunity." That means 60% of us get infected, 100 million actually get sick, and at least 4 million die. In other words "Give me liberty and you drop dead." In the interim, exercise emergency powers to cancel the election (or if he loses, the meeting of the EC and eventually inauguration). I suspect that was the plan all along.

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited July 2020
    Options

I am so very disappointed in the handling of this virus. I feel like we are all sitting ducks with only luck on our side. The speech at Mt Rushmore was awful. The July 4th celebration was awful. Trump is awful! The memes on this site truly help me find the humor. Please do not stop!!!

• Artista928
    Artista928 Member Posts: 1,458
    edited July 2020
    Options

How can he cancel the election. That would suck!

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Opinion: A Crazy Trump Betraying America Is Less Heartbreaking Than The Likely Truth

During this past week, there was yet another debate over Trump's sanity, which to be honest, is beside the point. Crazy or not, Trump is a danger to Americans, to our troops and to the democratic political system. But a crazy Trump is preferable to the very real possibility that the president and commander-in-chief betrayed …

Continue reading "Opinion: A Crazy Trump Betraying America Is Less Heartbreaking Than The Likely Truth"

FacebookTwitterRedditStumbleUpon
    Read more »

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

I have thought the election is one of the few things holding us all together. Trump should have been toast any number of times and yet the Reps toadies kept him in place. I think the election will happen but I do think that ( hoping and praying ) people are in place already that will watch for all the things the Rt. and Trump could do to throw it.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow Fired Back At Trump After He Once Again Lashed Out At Her Amid Pandemic

Sit down, Donald.

Conover Kennard

by 7 mins ago1 second ago

Because Donald Trump has nothing better to do — while Americans have been dying in massive numbers from the coronavirus outbreak that has swept the globe — the president has been taking shots at MSNBC host Rachel Maddow. Trump has a need for proving himself right when he's wrong. The president believes that he's above scrutiny, and his massive ego can't handle criticism.

However, the press's job is to hold a sitting president accountable, and that is why Trump deems any critical reporting of his administration to be "fake news."

The former frozen steak salesman posted a video on Twitter edited with bleeps to lash out at the popular MSNBC host. Then, Maddow fired back in the most Rachel Maddow-y way ever.

Loading... Sponsored Content What Your Dog Is Trying To Warn About If They Sleep All Dayimage22.361CLICK TO READ

"Hi again, Mr. President! That clip was from March 20, after you said the ship would be in New York harbor by last week. The ship was not in New York last week — which is what I said on my show," she tweeted. You were wrong about it. No hard feelings. Everyone's glad it's there now. But you really have been terrible about communicating true, factual information to the public in this crisis. Please let the experts and scientists speak instead."

"And please nationalize the supply chain for critical medical supplies. Thanks for watching, Mr. President," she added.

Hi again, Mr. President! That clip was from March 20, after you said the ship would be in New York harbor by last week. The ship was not in New York last week — which is what I said on my show.
    You were wrong about it.
    No hard feelings. Everyone's glad it's there now. But… https://t.co/QKrD2M3BeK
    — Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) March 30, 2020
    you really have been terrible about communicating true, factual information to the public in this crisis. Please let the experts and scientists speak instead.
    And please nationalize the supply chain for critical medical supplies. Thanks for watching, Mr. President.
    — Rachel Maddow MSNBC (@maddow) March 30, 2020

Trump should prioritize issues a bit better than this — like, say, dealing with the pandemic that has brought this country to a standstill. But somehow, President Circus Peanut thinks his feelings rise above our safety. There is nothing we would wish for more than for Trump to address this deadly pandemic in a rational and consistent way, but instead, we have an unstable narcissist at the helm that proves during each presser that he's incapable of leading the most powerful country on earth.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Have you noticed that the folks most anxious to start a second Civil War are the same ones who lost the first one? American News X'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text that says 'IF YOU FIND YOURSELF MAKING EXCUSES AND JUSTIFICATIONS FOR CHILD MOLESTERS, RAPISTS, SEXUAL ASSAULTERS, GROPERS, CON MEN, LIARS, DRAFT DODGERS, PEDOPHILES, NAZIS, WHITE SUPREMACISTS, RACISTS, TRAITORS AND CONSPIRATORS YOU'RE PROBABLY A REPUBLICAN That DRE'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

A man after my own heart.

Image may contain: text that says 'Stu Cameron @stucam7771 Trump is a man in his 70's with an unhealthy lifestyle there are some who wish for his natural demise. personally don't. want him to be beaten to the point of humiliation in 2020. want him to stand trial after he loses. And I don't want Pence being POTUS. Ever... CALL TO ACTIVISM'

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

I didn't check this out, but Europe doesn't want us sooooo.

Image may contain: text

Call to Activism usually gets it right.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Image may contain: text

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

I'm putting this here because I'll be waiting to hear something later. This is the week-end. If he did cancel he didn't pass up the "rally" in South Dakota and of course did his 4th. stint in Washington. That is what we might be seeing from now on -- we will have to see later. The thing that gets to me is that if he has these rallies he will be ridding himself of a lot of people as well. Not sure he can afford that since it seems he is losing lg. segments of his base already. Just wondering if that may have influenced ( it this is true ) whether or not to have rallies anymore.

I don't necessarily think it would turn out like Tulsa did, but then again -- even with Trumpers how many could have a real death wish.

Image may contain: text that says 'Amy Siskind @Amy_Siskind Trump quietly canceled the rest of his campaign rallies yesterday. He'll cancel the debates as well. In both, he would just embarrass himself, and he knows it. Until then, he'll hide in the bunker while Americans are sick and dying, watching cable tv and tweeting crap. 124 days.'

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,061
    edited July 2020
    Options

I had such a nice three day holiday weekend with dh. Fourth of July is usually the biggest event for our little town. People flock back home in droves for city-wide festivities. They were all canceled this year, except for the fireworks normally held at the high school stadium and instead set off on a hillside above town. That worked out great and we watched them from our backyard with ds and his girlfriend. First time in 11 years we didn't have our two grandkids with us for the event and that sucked but we have to make the most of the times we're living in.

All four of my grandparents were immigrants, and I'm still proud to be an American. And now with the 4th behind us, lots of action on the election front and I have a lot to say!

For starters, what is with Trump's campaign constantly using songs that are not approved by the artists who sang them? Some of them include Adele, Aerosmith, R.E.M., Rhianna, The O'Jays, Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones.The latest is Neil Young who blasted Trump for airing video of "Rockin' in the Free World" at the Mt Rushmore event.

Btw, in January, Young who is originally from Canada and outspoken critic of Trump, became a U.S. citizen in January and it's reported the reason is so he can cast his vote against Trump.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Sticking with celebrity/election news, yes, exbrnxgrl, you sure got that right: love IS strange. Kimberly Guilfoyle being California's first lady and now Jr.s woman. Rather bizarre. I also agree with your comment on how Queen Elizabeth leads by example. Very classy.

Ruth, I love the Bill Murray/Groundhog Day meme. Really says it all!

Carl Reiner, who passed away last Monday, was another outspoken critic of Trump. On Friday, his daughter thanked everyone for their support and tweeted that one last thing she would say on her father's behalf is that he would be disappointed not to live long enough to see Trump's eviction from the White House, to make America safe for honor and truth. She encouraged everyone to vote. She also posted a photo of her and her dad wearing Black Lives Matter t-shirts taken just a few days before he passed away, saying he wanted her to tweet the picture and that he was happy and vital up to the very end. I'm pausing a minute to take that in.

Wow. What a legacy!

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Jackie (Illinois Lady) and Sandy, I agree 100%, we are not to get complacent because of any leads in the polls Biden may have. I'm all for exuding confidence in the message, in fact, that's a must, but I've never, ever cared for braggadocio. Or counting chicks before they're hatched.

From a USA Today article on Sunday regarding polls: In interviews with DNC members from six battleground states, including party leaders, each came back to an old campaign cliche: "Take nothing for granted."

"Ben Wikler, chairman of the Wisconsin Democratic Party would encapsulate it as 'grim resolve."

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Having said that about the polls, tho, there are still points of hope.

Here's some information from a CNN story:

Florida

For Trump, there is virtually no path to reelection without winning Florida. People in Florida 65 and older made up 21% of the vote in 2016. Democrats and Republicans had roughly the same number of registered voters there in 2016, but Democrats have an advantage of about 10,000 now.

Trump's mishandling of the pandemic is a sore spot with with older voters as they're more vulnerable to coronavirus. They also dislike ads trying to make Biden look feeble; plus a 3 year age difference between candidates means nothing. And some think Biden's inherent wisdom mean he'll surround himself with the best minds. (Just what Jackie says).

Link to full story: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/03/politics/florida-senior-voters-trump/index.html

Due to several tragic mass shootings in Florida over the past four years, I also wonder if that will sway younger people to actually cast a ballot.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

From a story on NBC:

Wisconsin

Biden has increased investment and attention to Wisconsin. Polls there show support for Trump fell among Republicans while support for Biden rose among independent voters.

Wisconsin hasn't been as affected by the pandemic as other states but its residents are still very much feeling its pain. Charlie Sykes, a former conservative talk radio host in Wisconsin who opposes Trump, said, "Wisconsin voters are paying attention to his lack of empathy and his failure to responsibly deal with the crisis.'

Troubling for Republicans were the results from the high-stakes state Supreme Court election in April. Liberal judge Jill Karofsky defeated conservative Justice Daniel Kelly who was backed by Trump, in an election that took place despite the pandemic, with voters donning masks and gloves and braving long lines to cast ballots.

In 2018, Democratic Sen. Tammy Baldwin comfortably won re-election over Leah Vukmir, whom Trump endorsed. Strategists say her win presents the best blueprint for a Biden win.

"Baldwin, one of the most liberal members of Congress, carried 17 counties that Trump had carried two years earlier — including rural, working-class areas along the border with Minnesota, working-class counties around Green Bay and some suburban counties south of Milwaukee and around Madison. Notably, she won nearly 40 percent of the vote in Waukesha County, the Republican stronghold that comprises the western suburbs of Milwaukee, and 42 percent of the vote in Ozaukee County, north of Milwaukee — levels no Democratic presidential nominee has reached in more than 20 years.'

So Democrats in the state took it as a promising sign last week when Biden announced a Wisconsin team led by two veterans of Baldwin's 2018 campaign.

Of course, Trump is ramping up his campaigning in Wisconsin as well.

Link: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/warning-signs-flash-trump-wisconsin-pandemic-response-fuels-disapproval-n1232646

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

"Benedict Donald is America's #1 Traitor":

Vote Vets is out with a new ad attacking President Donald Trump over the Russian bounties scandal:

"For the 244 years since we declared our independence, one name has stood as the very definition of the word traitor to the U.S. military. Benedict Arnold sold out our troops during our fight for freedom. He tried to sell West Point to the enemy before defecting to the other side.

"Now, there's a new traitor sullying those hallowed Army grounds, and no one has betrayed those in uniform like Donald Trump. He consorts with a foreign enemy that puts bounties on the heads of American troops.

"He takes the words of Putin over the best American military intelligence,"

"To Donald Trump, Russian bounties on American troops is just another hoax. Some hoax. This July 4th, Benedict Arnold can step aside, because Benedict Donald is America's No. 1 traitor."

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men and women; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects.
    Herman Melville

• illinoislady
    edited July 2020
    Options

Great reading on all the above from Divine. I'll re-read again later as I often do.

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

From a USA Today article on Sunday:

Trump is an incumbent, unable to run as a businessman outsider fighting to "drain the swamp." Multiple crises, including a pandemic, are part of his record.

Comparing the 2020 and 2016 elections, Robby Mook, Clinton's 2016 campaign manager, said last week, "I almost look at it as: Is there very much that's the same? First and foremost, I'd say COVID has changed everything."

Mook said Trump is taken "more seriously" and "being held to account in a way that he wasn't in '16." Whereas Trump's "petty" remarks were treated as a "novelty" in 2016, they're now seen "in a context of a true lack of leadership," he said.

Biden lacks the low favorability and trustworthiness marks that doomed Clinton. Fifty percent of voters surveyed say they find Biden honest and trustworthy, compared with 30% for Trump. Six weeks before the 2016 election, Trump led the trustworthy question. A Washington Post/ABC poll found 33% of voters found Clinton honest and trustworthy, and Trump was trusted by 42%.

David Paleologos, director of Suffolk University's Political Research Center, said the 2016 electorate was swung by "the haters" – voters who disliked both Trump and Clinton. He said the "intensity against Hillary Clinton ended up being higher than Trump, especially in the swing states." Trump benefited by a race that turned highly negative because Clinton was more polarizing.

"This year, you don't have that," Paleologos said. "He's likable. He's likable Joe.

"Troubling for Trump this go-around: Only 20% of voters surveyed in the USA TODAY poll say the USA is headed in the right direction. The majority (67%) say the country is headed in the wrong direction.There is a major warning sign for Democrats: Despite Biden's sizable lead, his supporters are significantly less enthusiastic about him than Trump's loyalists are of the president, polling shows.

Full article:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/05/joe-biden-up-big-and-senate-grasps-dems-haunted-fear-letdown/3284392001/

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,828
    edited July 2020
    Options

Camille,

Kimberly Guilfoyle was the First Lady of San Francisco, not California. They were married when Newsom was the mayor of SF. By the time he ran for governor she was long gone!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    edited July 2020
    Options

• ruthbru
    edited July 2020
    Options

• ruthbru
    edited July 2020
    Options

Wow, the state of South Dakota has been pretty sneaky. I had no idea that they had annexed Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon and Nevada!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,828
    edited July 2020
    Options

I know I should not be surprised by anything that man says or does but I am and hope to continue to be that way. Let’s forget that he used the wrong form of their in his tweet as that is the least important thing here. What president says an entire state Is full of losers ? He is president of the entire country, not just states or people who like him. The man doesn’t even understand the basic requirements of his job

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited July 2020
    Options

He's got to go. November 3rd can't come soon enough!

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2020
    Options

Caryn, thanks for the correction on Kimberly!