Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2022
    Options

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    edited November 2022
    Options

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited November 2022
    Options

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2022
    Options

• ruthbru
    edited November 2022
    Options

Desantis is an absolute scumbag! But, I am curious, do you think he has the same 'you are my lord and master; and I will excuse every horrifying thing you do and say because I am brainwashed' quality that Trump has?

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,061
    edited November 2022
    Options

ruth, 100% yes. I see die hard Republicans transferring their allegiance to DeSantis in a heart beat. They want their guns. They want white people in power. More specifically, they want white men in power. They want to take away as many women’s rights as possible. They want to be free to hate who they hate: people of color, gay people, you name it. They want their guns, did I mention that? DeSantis is a vile, heartless —— , and Republicans prefer that. All they want is that power back that they had and felt when Trump was in office. They don’t care if the power comes from someone with a different name.

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2022
    Options

Oh yeah, they want Ronnie. He’s a traitor wannabe. I can’t think of one good thing he’s done for this state. From Covid to migrants, nothing. He beat Crist which was a shame. Now the repugnants want to change state law if he does decide to run, he doesn’t have to resign as governor. But I think he will flame out.

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2022
    Options

spookie, I hope like hell he does

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,513
    edited November 2022
    Options

Mindfulness is being aware of yourself, others, and your surroundings in the moment. When consciously and kindly focusing awareness on life as it unfolds minute by precious minute, you are better able to savor each experience. Also, being closely attentive gives you the opportunity to change unwise or painful feelings and responses quickly. In fact, being truly present in a mindful way is an excellent stress reducer and, because of that, can be seen as consciousness conditioning, a strengthening workout for body, mind, heart, and spirit.

Sue Patton Thoele

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

I don't think DeSantis actually has what the Loon does. I don't know what Ron DeSantis was like before he got bitten by the political bug, but the Loon pulls off what he does because he has done it his whole entire life. It is like breathing to him. While there is a good chance, I would not have liked DeSantis at any time, I just don't see him able to measure up to someone like the Loon who is a lifetime con w/o one iota of real conscience. I don't think it is all that easy to 'fake' the Loon non-attributes. Many of the other Reps. have tried and we see it very transparently.

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2022
    Options

imagethis is a keeper.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,190
    edited November 2022
    Options

It's a shame that the elephant was chosen to represent the Repugnicans because within their society they are a family, take care of one another and actually grieve when they lose a family member. If actions speak louder than words, then the elephant is maligned by the behaviors we see from the humans using them as an icon. I can't think of any animal that would reflect the behaviors of a Repugnican. Can you? Even hyenas share responsibility for their young even though they exhibit despicable social behaviors otherwise. They are survivalists and to be feared if you happen to be prey.

Love the above meme, spookiesmom.

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

I can’t imagine anyone being a much of a conman and evil scumas trump, but I don’t know much about DeSantis. Other than his complete disregard for human life, his homophobia and racism. Hmm, maybe they are similar.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2022
    Options

My thoughts and prayers are with the now convicted Oath Keepers: May they rot in prison, and then hell. Amen.

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2022
    Options

Amen.

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

Amen indeed.

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

No one can give a definition of the soul. But we know what it feels like.
    The soul is the sense of something higher than ourselves, something that
    stirs in us thoughts, hopes, and aspirations which go out to the world of
    goodness, truth and beauty. The soul is a burning desire to breathe in
    this world of light and never to lose it--to remain children of light.

Albert Schweitzer
    Reverence for Life

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot FACT: The average fart is smarter than Marjorie Taylor Greene. Marjorie Taylor Greene @mtgreenee So So many people still wearing masks. I just want to ask you. If a pair of underwear, really thick ones, high quality cotton, can't protect you from a fart, then how will a mask protect you from covid??'

So profound. Where does she come up with her ideas? Too bad she doesn't realize how glaringly ignorant is the light she puts herself in all the time.Apparently her cohorts think she is a real jewel.

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

Don't we hope....

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'Hey Stewart Rhodes, Stand back and stand by because Trump will be joining you soon! #ArrestTrumpNow CONSERVATIVES ARE DESTROYING OUR FUTURE CADOF.ORG'

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

Here's hoping !!

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Victor Shi @Victorshi2020 BREAKING: total turnout after the first day of statewide early voting in Georgia is a jaw-dropping —70,000 more votes than the previous record set in 2018. Georgians are showing up to vote like never before. Republicans should be terrified right now.'

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

May be a cartoon of 1 person and text

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,828
    edited November 2022
    Options

Not to be cruel, accidents do happen, but I just found out that the reason Stewart Rhodes (Oathkeeper founder) wears an eyepatch is because he accidentally shot himself with his own gun. That’s all..

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,190
    edited November 2022
    Options

Just another reason to admire Alexander Vindman who made the ultimate sacrifice of his Army career by standing up to the Loon. Doesn't cry in his beer over the loss of his profession either but uses it to support his stance on defending democracy.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,070
    edited November 2022
    Options

That didn't take long for someone to meme.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2022
    Options

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hell to the yeah for Alexander Vindman.

Elon Musk is fucked up. I could go on at length, but I’d only be preaching to the choir.

And ♥️ to Sheryl Crow!

• divinemrsm
    edited November 2022
    Options

Photo of Biden with 'miserable' Republicans sparks amusement: 'This should be the White House Christmas card'

Wed, November 30, 2022, 5:37 AM

A photograph of Joe Biden meeting with miserable-looking Republican leaders Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell at the White House sparked online amusement.

The president wore an amused look on his face while House Minority Leader McCarthy and Senate Minority Leader McConnell appeared to wish they were anywhere else.

Meanwhile, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer had a coy smile on his face as outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi looked on seemingly amused by the situation.

The meeting took place in the wake of the GOP's underwhelming performance in the midterm elections, which saw Democrats retain control of the US Senate.

Mr McCarthy, if he is even able to become House speaker, will have a narrow majority of just seven House seats to work with from January.

Mr Biden met with the lawmakers to discuss his priorities for the rest of the lame-duck session, saying the group "made some good progress."

Republicans had expected to decisively take control of both the House and the Senate earlier this month, but a "red wave" failed to materialise with voters rejecting a string of election-denying Trump-endorsed candidates.

"I asked the four top leaders in Congress whether they'd be willing to come in and talk about what we're going to do between now and Christmas in terms of legislation," Mr Biden said on Tuesday.

"And there is a lot to do, including resolving the train strike ... And Congress I think has to act to prevent it. It's not an easy call, but I think we have to do it."

The pained look on the face of the Republican leaders was quickly mocked by Twitter users.

"Kevin McCarthy looks as if he's at a visit to the dentist," wrote one user.

And another user said: "This should be the White House Christmas card."

"McCarthy didn't want to look happy around Biden in case Trump saw the picture," stated another.

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."

-- Elizabeth Kubler Ross