Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,190
    edited November 2022
    Options

45 stating that he wants "liberty or death" given that he cannot get any judge or SCOTUS to bend to his will. I opt for option #2 and hope he gets what he wishes for in this instance. I do not think he deserves liberty because his track record of improprieties and illegal behaviors are far too long.

I visited Alcatraz island this summer and it would really be befitting for it to be resurrected to jail the likes of him. Great meme and interpretation of MAGA.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,828
    edited November 2022
    Options

Although Alcatraz might be a good place for you know who, it is now federally protected land and part of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. La Isla de las Alcatraces is too important for the Bay Area and frankly, we don’t want him. Keep Alcatraz Trump Free!

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    edited November 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,513
    edited November 2022
    Options

My heart is a home for love. I open my heart to compassion, to charity, to respect, and to recognition. I encounter those I meet with openness and with respect. I honor the path that each is walking. I salute in all that I encounter the dignity of God. All differences, all difficulties, are noticed but not condemned. I respect the individuality of every soul. I accept our equality and our brotherhood. -Julia Cameron

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

Betrayal, I read that the Loon wants liberty or death this morning too. Along with you I heartily agree he should get his second wish with no holds barred. Sooner the better. Too bad his children weren't looking at life the same way. So far, the only saving grace I can see in any is that Barron is young enough as yet not to be displaying much notice or influence on anyone or anything. Still, his silver spoon life definitely has the appearance of being able to lead in down the same pathway as the others. Thought for a bit Tiffany was going to be better. She's not.

Just after Thanksgiving it may be harsh to say, but I'm not sure when I have viewed so many horrible humans all in the same family asking for things, they shouldn't even hope they could deserve.

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

May be an image of text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Mass shootings are happening so frequently that Republicans barely have time to restock thoughts and prayers.'

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Glenn F. Henriksen @henriksen When men refer to themselves as "alpha males", hear that in the context of software, where alpha versions are unstable, missing important features, filled with flaws, and not fit for the public.'

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

What is time? The shadow on the dial, the striking of the clock, the running of the sand, day and night, summer and winter, months, years, centuries--these are but arbitrary and outward signs, the measure of Time, not Time itself. Time is the Life of the Soul.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited November 2022
    Options

cardplayer, that says everything all decent Americans need to know. WOW

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,070
    edited November 2022
    Options

The mention of Alcatraz (a great place to stash 1/6 insurgents, btw) reminded me of this video that posits "The Rock" is the final Sean Connery Bond film.

YouTube - The Rock is DEFINITELY a James Bond Movie

It also brings an interesting lens to today's dynamics, when people use hyper-masculine posturing to threaten but their bluff is called. Then the "true believers" who want to go all the way despite the consequences.

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

Expressing gratitude ignites the light within us and is a sure path to joy. Gratitude is one of the highest vibrations of energy we can create, it's free, and anyone can give it. It can be as simple as being thankful for soup, being thankful one can see, walk, wiggle a finger, or tap to a beat. One can be grateful for happy children, good neighbors, good luck, and simply being alive. . .. Part of the journey toward joy involves not waiting around for trouble but being continuously aware of our blessings.

Charlotte Davis Kasl

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

Trump doesn’t hang out with Nazis by accident. Even his “American First” slogan comes directly from Nazis sympathizers (as noted here by Dr. Seuss).

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited November 2022
    Options

If you listen to Rachel Maddow's podcast (Ultra) she talks a lot about America First and all the Nazis in congress in the 1940s

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited November 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited November 2022
    Options

nkb - here’s an article I found called ‘American Nazism and Madison Square Garden’

https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/american-nazism-and-madison-square-garden

Also found this interesting information from the Americans and the Holocaust siteabout the America First Committee

AMERICA FIRST COMMITTEE

In 1940, a group of Yale University students founded the America First Committee to oppose US intervention in the European war. They quickly mobilized hundreds of other antiwar students to join the organization, and persuaded one of the nation's most outspoken isolationists, Charles Lindbergh, to support its cause. Lindbergh's enormous celebrity—dating to his 1927 solo, nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean—helped the America First Committee become a national organization with as many as 800,000 members.

"WAR AGITATORS"

After Lindbergh accused Jews of being "war agitators" in a speech at Des Moines, Iowa, on September 11, 1941, the America First Committee's reputation changed significantly. Newspapers and magazines across the country denounced Lindbergh and the committee for promoting antisemitism and intolerance. Political cartoonists, including PM newspaper artist Theodor Geisel (Dr. Seuss), accused Lindbergh of spreading Nazi propaganda. America First Committee leaders denied the accusation, but the criticism continued. As soon as the United States entered World War II in December 1941, the committee disbanded.

https://exhibitions.ushmm.org/americans-and-the-holocaust/main/america-first-committee-2

They never really went away.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    edited November 2022
    Options

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,315
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hard to keep up here--this is by far the most active thread--so I'm just popping in to comment on the last couple of pages.

To say that Herschel Walker is dumber than a box of rocks is an insult to containers and stones everywhere. Nate Silver has Warnock running ahead, but anything can happen. Personally, though, half my Inbox consists of pleas for donations--from and on behalf of Warnock. I'm wondering if there is a point of diminishing returns when it comes to individual small-dollar donations. At this point, ad buys in GA are pretty much pointless: by now, minds are made up (our side knows who is the intelligent & righteous and who is the immoral idiot; and the other side would vote for a sack of hammers just to "own" us); and no amount of broadcast exhortations are going to draw the indifferent off their couches and out of their homes. Perhaps surreptitious distribution of bottles of water and folding chairs, well away from the polling-line boundaries, might work. Or not.

The GOP believes "success" in government is anything that harms people they don't like.

The "America First" reference reminds me of Philip Roth's The Plot Against America, which though fictional was scary enough when released during the Dubya years; the miniseries was much darker and even more frightening. The book made me think (at the time) "thank goodness it can't happen here;" the miniseries has me terrified we're well on the way to its sinister plotline (and the half-hopeful/half-unresolved ending).

Someone Tweeted "Who would you rather dine with: a white supremacist or an anti-Semite?" Sounds like a good time to start fasting.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited November 2022
    Options

I think get out the vote is the most important thing in Georgia at this point. I have to unsubscribe to most of the fund raising - makes me crazy- he gets a lot of money though.

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

Echoing a thought -- why do they call themselves boys -- why not Proud Men.

May be an image of 3 people, people standing and text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot If my son were were a Proud Proud Boy, I'd be an an Ashamed Man. MAЖAAИHK'

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

May be a cartoon of text that says 'REPUBLICAN PLAN FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS'

Yep. Just taking care of business, as usual.......

• illinoislady
    edited November 2022
    Options

May be an image of text that says 'Trump says his life was better before he became president. I understand. My life was also better before he became president.'

I also think his life now that he is not president and likely never will be again, ever, is about to get infinitely way worse whereas, mine should not.

• pupmom
    pupmom Member Posts: 1,032
    edited November 2022
    Options

Dear Loon, be careful what you wish, and cheat, for. Just saying.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,061
    edited November 2022
    Options

Cardplayer, “Whitemanistan" is truly what I feel surrounded by at times here in Ohio. It seems Ohio is doubling down on embracing it's red status. I look for Sherrod Brown to be the next casualty; Republicans already have their eye on claiming his seat. They are also going to go after Joe Manchin's in WV. I am nervous about Georgia's run off.

While I do think Don is weakening, the Republican threat remains and they will transfer allegiance over to DeSantis no doubt, who’s been leveraging for the position for quite some time. I sometimes wonder about people who voted for Don. I know he has a solid Trump base, but the ones who now have been disillusioned by him, who thought at first he should be given a chance to govern—-do they grasp how his power changed the face of our nation into such ugliness? Do they ever really regret voting him into office?

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    edited November 2022
    Options