Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,513
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Wanda Sykes @iamwandasykes I bet they asked Herschel Walker if he was ready to make his concession speech, and he said, "Yes, two hot dogs please." Congratulations @ReverendWarnock Thank you GA! 11:01 PM 12/6/22 Twitter for iPhone 2,377 Retweets 220 Quote Tweets 18.8K Likes'

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

To the Loon and the Republicans:

May be an image of text that says 'How do you tell someone "you're very stupid politely? GIá GJ Replying Wisdom has been chasing you but you have always been faster'

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,061
    edited December 2022
    Options

The thing with Cruz is that he asks for privacy to deal with his family situation, but in time, when his situation is more under control, he will be back attacking Democrats when they are going through difficult times. That’s how all those Republicans are.

I watched a clip of the families refusing to shake McConnell and McCartney’s hands at the medal ceremony and it was priceless. Watched it several times. Mitch has his hand outstretched and they walk right past him.Standing right next to McConnell is Chuck Shumer, shaking everyone’s hand. Then the families walk right past the other two. Loved it.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,190
    edited December 2022
    Options

Love the memes especially the Wanda Sykes one. While I do feel sorry for the Cruz daughter, I sincerely hope she gets the help she craves and needs. I do not feel a thing for him. I do hope this will get his head out of his ass about the mental health needs of not only his daughter, but others who have been pleading for years for access.

As far as the loon, Moscow Mitch and Kevin the schmuck, I would sooner spit on them than shake their hands. So kudos to those families for having principles, morals and backbones. Their loved ones mattered and no amount of Repugnican pandering should be tolerated for show.

• divinemrsm
    edited December 2022
    Options

I found the clip of the ceremony handshake snub

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,064
    edited December 2022
    Options

I am still gob-smacked that it was even close. 30% for Walker, maybe, being the Basket of Deplorables but ......How on Earth? My DH and I got too frightened to watch and decided to see something more uplifting, like a BBC murder mystery that we had PVR'd. Big Sigh Of Relief to come back later.

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

It is fear, I think, that makes one cling nostalgically to the last moment or clutch greedily toward the next. Fear destroys "the winged life." But how to exorcise it? It can only be exorcised by its opposite, love. When the heart is flooded with love there is no room in it for fear, for doubt, for hesitation. And it is this lack of fear that makes for the dance. -Anne Morrow Lindbergh

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot A wrongfully imprisoned Black lesbian is returning to her family, a new law is protecting gay and interracial marriages, and Elon Musk is being sued for sex discrimination. It's been a bad day for assholes.'

Some things are to love.

• betrayal
    edited December 2022
    Options

I second that that Confederate monument needs to be removed and placed in mothballs. LOL. I agree with info about Eric Trump and don't think his loud mouth wife is much brighter. The trump spawn seem attracted to dumb. Smartest one is jr's wife who bailed from the crazy train.

What is with crazy Kellyanne Conway? I wish she would just exit stage left or right but exit from the scene. The loon didn't bring home Whelan nor did he in good faith bargain with the Taliban for the troop removal in Afghanistan but left Biden to deal with the fallout if his ill-advised plan. I wish the Kardashians, the loon and family and the CA based royals would just not get the publicity they do. There are more important things in the world than following grifters as headlines.

• divinemrsm
    edited December 2022
    Options

I'm currently reading Jann Wenner's autobiography, “Like A Rolling Stone" (he founded and ran the magazine for 50 years). He talks about interviewing Bill Clinton when he was President, and how a final question made Bill go into a tirade about how the administration was killing themselves every day, busting their asses, fighting and winning battles and had not gotten “one damn bit of credit from the liberal knee-jerk press. That's why the know-nothings and the do-nothings and the negative people and right-wingers always win…..the bad guys win, because they have no objective other than to win!"

That tells me Bill Clinton got it, decades ago. The reason so many people voted for Walker, and Dr. Oz and so many others is simply they have no objective other than to win. That's not ever going to change.

When he was in middle school, ds's class was shown a video about being an informed voter. At one point, a dramatic voice asks, “Who are you gonna vote for? A bag of leaves?!?" as, of course, a big bag of leaves is ceremoniously dumped onto the screen. We had a good laugh when he told me about it and it became a running joke between us. But honest to shit, die hard Republicans would vote for a bag of leaves if they thought they'd regain power.

• betrayal
    edited December 2022
    Options

I agree and if that bag of leaves had presidential aspirations they would work oh so hard for election. Somehow they thought that electing Walker, the dupe, would give them a puppet and they could then be the ventriloquist. After all, his speeches made about as much sense as the diatribe the loon espouses. So given the proper ventriloquist, he could be a success and after they tired of him, they would find some reason to get him to resign and replace them with a hand picked alternative. Such duplicitous behaviors are hardly shocking since it seems to be their modus operandi. So the Democrats need to take some bad guy lessons since the good works they are performing are not getting the press they need to sway people.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    edited December 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    edited December 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited December 2022
    Options

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    edited December 2022
    Options

LOVE the 'and now you're applying for the job again?' Thanks Ruth

• ruthbru
    edited December 2022
    Options

• ruthbru
    edited December 2022
    Options

• ruthbru
    edited December 2022
    Options

Not political; but I had fun celebrating my dog's 2nd birthday today!

• divinemrsm
    edited December 2022
    Options

Adorable, Ruth! Both you and your pooch!

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

Love all the memes and that 2nd. birthday photo was the best. I'm still listening to news many times a little on the light side trying not to absorb it to the point where it really upsets me. I will say hearing basically there are now few places where Sinema is much of a fit does me a world of good. I have felt extreme annoyance each time votes or bills needing to be passed came up.

It was a couple different things, but mainly it was heavy irritation as Sinema, along with Manchin at times, seeming to be enjoying the spotlight of I can make you people swing in the wind. Karma I think is when virtually no one wants you because you just aren't worth it. She really doesn't belong anywhere now and true to form, she has chosen the only thing that might accidentally work in her favor, but I hope when we get that far that is nullified and she goes down.

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot I'm going to tell my grandchildren this was a Republican. SEN. SINEMA'

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

With you totally, Steve.

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Steve Schmidt @SteveSchmidtSES I'll bet no future President will ever hang Trump's por- trait in the White House. It will be impossible to shower even false praise on the most vile of men. His Presi- dency will be like Chernobyl. Something to be sealed off. A poison to be contained'

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

Don't want or need him now.

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'Since the Russians are insisting Paul Whelan is a spy, they want one of their spies in exchange. I suggest we give them trump.'

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'LOST! HE KNEW He LOST! HE RECOUNTED VOTES! HE STILL LOST! He TRIED TO "FIND" VOTES! STILL LOST! He LIED ABOUT BEING REINSTATED! He STILL LOST! He INCITED A COUP! He STILL LOST! ELIED ABOUT FRAUD! He STILL LOST! HESJUSTALOSER American NewsX'

How many ways can you lose and still get on the ticket four yrs. later.

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'TRAITOR FOR SALE OR RENT KYRSTEN SINEMA'

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of outdoors and text that says 'WHEN ARIZONANS FIND OUT KRYSTEN SINEMA ABANDONED THE PARTY SHE WAS ELECTED BY'

• divinemrsm
    edited December 2022
    Options

I feel the same way about her, too, Jackie! I love how you put it: “she has chosen the only thing that might accidentally work in her favor, but I hope when we get that far that is nullified and she goes down.“ She sucks! I’d say she’s Republican, too!

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

cute puppy picture Ruth. Hope he had a fun 2nd birthday.