Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    edited December 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

As long as she can continue us to get corporation money, she’ll be fine.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,018
    edited December 2022
    Options

How could anyone support someone who is literally insane??????

Bruno had a very nice birthday; which included a doggie birthday cake & opening his own presents (which were a squirrel (stuff animal, not a real squirrel......which he would have preferred.... and a fun, tough chew toy!).

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,828
    edited December 2022
    Options

Happy birthday, Bruno! Pumpkin also turned two recently. I ordered a birthday box for her from chewy.com. She enjoyed the treats and toys though is not into rubbery chew toys so she gave the one she got to her “cousin" , my older dd's dog.

Ruth,

You know that the your, you're, yore and their, there, they're errors drive me crazy but I've learned to say nothing. Spelling in English is quite whack a doodle. Give me a good phonetically regular language, then we can eliminate spelling tests 😂

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,513
    edited December 2022
    Options

Pumpkin is a real cutie too. Happy Belated to her.

The Loon is definitely feeling the heat I do believe. He is still totally hung up in his world where people spy and do other assorted things to make you fall and fail. Hard to believe he has managed to walk away from everything he has done, but at this point he is HEARING some of the strong negativity going on where he is concerned. If you only took thee negative amts. of things that he is under investigation for coupled with the fact that he keeps LOSING, LOSING LOSING. While most won't come out and be too vocal he is aware that he is running a money scam mainly. He doesn't want to run for office again. His ego couldn't handle it, though I do think he has hopes that the Reps. could get it together enough to cheat him into the office.

I do feel he knows that some of those investigating him just may have the goods and even if they don't put him in jail that there won't be enough pieces left for him to pick up. A great many in his own party don't want him and haven't for a long time. Between those two things and people having taken a chance on him because they weren't sure before know darn well he will be doing nothing at all for them if he were to be re-elected, so they won't waste their vote on him. He's definitely feeling the heat and going to lash out with the same tired, stale complaints that didn't work before and they aren't working any better either. He should just go back to Florida and wait for his indictment..

• ruthbru
    edited December 2022
    Options

Happy Birthday, Pumpkin! If you are ever in North Dakota, come on over for a play-date! Even though he is big, Bruno adjusts his playing style to the size of his companion. Speaking of dogs, we are babysitting DS & finance's 3 dogs plus a 4 month old puppy tonight as their people are going to a Christmas party.

My mom was an English major in college so improper grammar & usage are like fingernails on the chalkboard to me. I know it's a losing battle.....sigh!

• exbrnxgrl
    edited December 2022
    Options

Ruth, You'll appreciate this. I was a long term sub (5th grade) in October. A note with an inappropriate message was found on a students desk. The note contained a few glaring spelling errors. I showed it to my principal, a long time colleague . She read it slowly, looked at me over the top of her eyeglasses and said, “ Are you more disturbed by the content of the note or the misspellings?" 🤣 She knows me well!

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 50
    edited December 2022
    Options

I'll add to the list of grammar and spelling errors that annoy me.

The absolute worst for me is lose and loose. No one seems to be able to differentiate between the two. You aren't about to lose your mind, but you do have a few screws loose.

A close runner up is when I ask how someone is doing and they reply that they're doing good. No, you may feel good, but you're doing well.

Is it any wonder both my daughters are teachers?

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,176
    edited December 2022
    Options

Spell check on my phone has saved me many times. I’ve seen, but don’t have, a grammar check app. Some of the posts I see makes me wonder how they got past 4th grade. I’ve heard my sis in law SAY “ I seen you yesterday “. Grumble.

Happy birthday Bruno. Have many more, be sure to keep your yard squirrel free.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited December 2022
    Options

trishyla,

I will say for as much as those things bother me, I am very pragmatic about language evolution and why it has to happen. When people, often my teacher friends, get upset about linguistic changes I remind them that very few are mourning the demise of thee and thou. Language is dynamic and reflects the current world around us. Yes, anthropological linguist would have been a good career for me 😅. My idea of an interesting discussion? Should wh- still be considered a digraph in American English? I also recently argued with someone who insisted that tis and twas were not contractions. How much of a linguistic geek am I to be arguing over archaic words 🤣? Yes, you can place an apostrophe before the t in both but it is acceptable to omit it.

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

I'm a poor speller. As a programmer it wasn't a problem. As long as my code work, no one cared how anything was spelled. As I moved into project management and management, spelling and grammar became important. Now I use the urban dictionary sometimes to understand abbreviations and slang that I've read in articles.

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,116
    edited December 2022
    Options

Take a look at the book: Eats Shoots & Leaves. Consider it's not about Koala Bears if the punctuation changes. Eats, Shoots & Leaves. Really a fun read if you're into such things.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited December 2022
    Options

minustwo,

There is a children's version of that book. I would read it to my first graders when we introduced commas.They loved it as it's quite funny to see how a simple comma can change the meaning of a sentence.

https://www.amazon.com/Eats-Shoots-Leaves-Commas-Difference/dp/0399244913?asin=0399244913&revisionId=&format=4&depth=1

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of text that says '"DRAG SHOWS ARE EVIL! MEN SHOULD NEVER WEAR A BUNCH OF MAKEUP AND DRESS UP IN COSTUMES!"'

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'KARI LAKE, NOVEMBER, 2050 made.with.mematic with mematic "IT'S NOT OVER YET... KEEP RECOUNTING!"'

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

So true;

May be an image of text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Funny how you never see Marjorie Taylor Greene and decency in the same room.'

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

Gen Z came to ‘slay.’ Their bosses don’t know what that means.

Gen Z's use of emojis, slang and punctuation is confusing older colleagues as workplace communications are increasingly online.

They call them zoomers.

• ruthbru
    edited December 2022
    Options
  • ruthbru
    edited December 2022
    Options

My son has a game where each side of the board represents a different age group (Boomers, Millennials, Gen X, Gen Z), and asks questions about the current events, popular movies, TV shows, sports, slang of each era. You have to make it around the board to win & if you land on a spot, you can't move on until you get an answer correct. When my Boomer group landed on Gen Z slang, we would have never gotten off except for the fact that I had substitute taught middle school kids up to the pandemic, so there was finally a Gen Z slang that I knew the meaning of!

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited December 2022
    Options

Ruth- great Randy Rainbow clip! catchy tune.

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

• cardplayer
    edited December 2022
    Options

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

Who is rich? Those who rejoice in their portion. -Benjamin Franklin

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of text that says 'Middle Age Riot @middleageriot Buying Twitter to turn it into Truth Social is like buying a high-definition television to watch Duck Dynasty.'

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be a cartoon of text that says 'MAR-A-LAGO MAR- DINNER CLUB: "HERE'S TO SPENDING THE HOLIDAYS WITH THOSE WHO LOVEME!" LOVE ©2022 HopE TheSeattleTimes PROUD BOYS'

And speaking of the Loon, for the past two or three days there has been very little on the Loon in my news feed. I know he has been idiotically busy on Truth Social -- but maybe some of the media is practicing backing off ???

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Qasim Rashid, Esq. @QasimRashid MAGA: Canceling student loans is immoral. This is why we need a Govt based on the Bible. Deuteronomy 15 "At the end of every seven years you must cancel debts. This is how Every creditor shall cancel any loan they have made." MAGA: Not that part of the Bible. 8:00 PM 8/25/22 Twitter for iPhone'

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2022
    Options

Oh please let this be true.

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2022
    Options

• illinoislady
    edited December 2022
    Options

May be a Twitter screenshot of 1 person and text that says 'Juli Bunting#BlackLivesMatter @JuliBunting New definition of inflation: What happens when corporations raise prices during times of unprecedented profits in order to damage a current POTUS who wants them to pay taxes. Oct 22 Twitter Web App 9:15 AM.'