Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,542
    Options

Sometimes, the problems you must face are more than you wish to cope with, and tomorrow doesn’t seem to offer any solutions. You may ask yourself “Why me?” but the answer is sometimes unclear. You may even tend to feel that life hasn’t been just or fair to burden you with such obstacles. The roads any of us choose to follow are never free of bumps or curves, but eventually the turns lead to a smoother path ahead. Believe in yourself and your dreams. You will soon realize that the future holds many promises for you. Remember. . . difficult times don’t last forever.    -Geri Danks

• illinoislady
    Options

Back later, but just wanted to say —- what a chauffeur. He is perfect.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,200
    Options

Great picture of Bruno. Love the Subaru commercial where the dogs are off roading and the back window is down with mud all over the interior. Does Bruno have plans for something like this?

• cardplayer
    Options
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,028
    Options

Betrayal, I have no doubt that Bruno would be a ringleader in an off-roading dog adventure!!

• illinoislady
    Options

When will they ever learn. Trump helps himself — to everything. And they never hear him laughing as he walks away scot free.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options

Found 2 quotes that seem to reflect the Loon's philosophy on life and his persistent lying.

" The liars punishment is, not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else." George Bernard Shaw

"A liar's biggest punishment in this world is that even his truth is rejected." Hazrut Ali

Always found that the failing with liars was that they had to remember the lies they had spouted and then cover them with more lies. When they finally tripped on their own lies was a moment of clarity about their character. Therefore, I cannot abide liars.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,834
    edited May 2023
    Options

To continue with some light hearted relief (there’s only so much of right wing crazy I can take) , I present a partner for Bruno’s adventure. Meet Garfield, my oldest granddaughter’s dog. He thought an open door on my car was an invitation to go for a spin!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,028
    Options

Oh my gosh, would Bruno & Garfield have fun together!!!

• betrayal
    Options

Love the photo of Garfield. I don't know why dogs prefer the driver's seat other than it most likely has the strongest scent of the driver? He is so cute and has chin whiskers like the real Garfield (not the cat but the once President). I agree with the break from right wing crazy, too.

• cardplayer
    Options

Enjoying the dogs in cars pictures. My cats don’t enjoy the car at all.

• illinoislady
    Options

Whatever else you do or forebear, impose upon yourself the task of happiness; and now and then abandon yourself to the joy of laughter. And however much you condemn the evil in the world, remember that the world is not all evil; that somewhere children are at play, as you yourself in the old days; that women still find joy in the stalwart hearts of men, and that men, treading with restless feet their many paths, may yet find refuge from the storms of the world in the cheerful house of love.   - Max Ehrmann

• illinoislady
    Options

Garfield looks like such joy — just like Bruno. So at home and comfy. I can't agree more that a little relief from the "crazies" is warranted and much appreciated. Helps one not give in to the tendency to go over to the wall and beat your head against it. It would only bring enough of a headache for momentary relief and then back to loo-loo land.

We just may be close to some action by Jack Smith — seeing as how the Loon's attorneys are contacting DOJ. I've read that it is more of a ploy to get donations, but never-the-less, I do think it still a heads up and I do think it is sure to keep the Loon in manic state. I'm sure he feels quite persecuted and well he should. He has done so very much to earn it. Almost every move he made right before, during and after gaining (illegitimately) the WH.

So, we can use some comic relief.

• illinoislady
    Options

Only able to do this with the help of those who were the real masterminds. You never know who the user was or usee in each case. And yes —usee is not a real word.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options

Removed Amanda Gorman (not Oprah Winfrey) The Hill We Climb from Elementary School Libraries in FL because of one parent complaint. Same parent filed 3 other complaints and those books were also removed.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

High note.

• illinoislady
    Options

And in this country, you are free to make that point —— even if it leads you straight into a jail cell. And I am free to call you the idiot sacrifice you are. Let me know when you hear from the Loon ???

• betrayal
    Options

Wouldn't hold my breath that you will hear from your fearless leader, loser. Enjoy your time in a cell where you might have time to contemplate the error of your ways and learn that behind bars they won't let you lead. You will be low man on the totem pole.

Glad your wife is smart enough to move on with her life and perhaps breath free from all the hate you espoused.

• cardplayer
    Options

from the Editorial Board of the Washing Post - Opinion | What was inauspicious about DeSantis’s start? Suggesting pardons for Jan. 6 rioters. 5/26/2023

On his first full day as a declared presidential candidate, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) made it even clearer that he plans to run as an echo rather than an alternative to Donald Trump: He said he would consider pardoning people involved in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol insurrection.

Mr. DeSantis offered a false equivalence as his rationale, claiming that right-wing extremists convicted of crimes for which Black Lives Matter protesters were not prosecuted were victims of an “uneven application of justice.”

But no parallel should be drawn to what was an armed attempt to subvert the U.S. system of government. Mr. DeSantis has also repeatedly declined to answer directly whether President Biden was legally elected in 2020. He also disputed that the events of Jan. 6 constituted an insurrection, campaigned with election deniers in 2022 and even appointed someone who entered the Capitol on Jan. 6 as a state regulator in Florida.

Mr. DeSantis’s latest effort to indulge the MAGA fantasy that the insurrectionists’ actions could be justified came the same day that Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes was sentenced to 18 years in prison for seditious conspiracy, the longest prison term yet related to the Capitol insurrection. Mr. Rhodes showed no remorse during a speech to the court. U.S. District Judge Amit P. Mehta told the defendant that he presents “an ongoing threat and a peril to this country, to the republic and the very fabric of our democracy.” The judge also warned that Mr. Rhodes “will be prepared to take up arms” against the government the moment he is released.

The lack of remorse is part of a troubling pattern. On Wednesday, a judge sentenced to 4½ years in prison the Jan. 6 rioter who was photographed with his foot propped on a desk in then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s offices. Richard “Bigo” Barnett carried with him inside the Capitol a 950,000-volt stun device concealed in a walking stick. Mr. Barnett stayed defiant through his trial. On social media last week, he referred to Capitol police as thugs and attacked federal prosecutors as “demonically possessed cretans [sic].”

More than 1,000 people have been arrested in nearly all 50 states for the attack on the Capitol. According to the Justice Department, approximately 570 of them have pleaded guilty and 78 have been found guilty at contested trials. The FBI continues to seek the public’s help in identifying 221 individuals believed to have committed violent acts on the Capitol grounds that day.

Floating pardons gives Jan. 6 rioters hope that they won’t be held accountable. Comments from Mr. Trump and Mr. DeSantis, the two leading contenders for the 2024 Republican nomination, will discourage plea deals and encourage defendants to drag out proceedings in hopes that they might get clemency in 20 months. It also heightens the danger that people will again engage in violence if they don’t like the outcome of next year’s elections, calculating that they might receive pardons if their preferred candidate takes power.

• cardplayer
    Options