Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,325
    Options

Hoping not to speak too soon, but I think we are going to make it.

• illinoislady
    Options
    CONSEQUENCES: Failed Arizona candidate SANCTIONED after “stolen election” lies

by STEPHANIE BAZZLE

One of the Arizona candidates who lost in 2022 and claimed the election was “stolen” has now been hit with sanctions for unsupported claims about uncounted votes.

In Arizona, both Kari Lake, who ran for Governor, and Mark Finchem, an Oath Keepers member who was running for Secretary of State, have made efforts to alter the outcome of their elections after losing.

Lake has not yet given up, and has filed an appeal to the Supreme Court — there’s already a filing requesting sanctions against her for the frivolous case and attorney misconduct.

Finchem, meanwhile, seems to have accepted defeat in the courtroom but continues to spread election conspiracy theories on his social media.

He’s just been hit with over $40k in sanctions, and his attorney has been hit with more than $7k.

The judge in Finchem’s case said that sanctions for election challenges are rarely justified, but that Finchem reached that bar by bringing a challenge that “was groundless and not brought in good faith,” and not only failing to investigate and bring evidence of his allegations but continuing to repeat lies after seeing the evidence. The Guardian reported:

“[Judge Melissa Iyer] Julian wrote in the case documents: ‘None of contestant Finchem’s allegations, even if true, would have changed the vote count enough to overcome the 120,000 votes he needed to affect the result of this election. The court finds that this lawsuit was groundless and not brought in good faith.’

Now the ruling is in, and it lays out the following costs:

Governor Katie Hobbs is awarded $7,434 from attorney Daniel J. McCauley III for her attorney fees.

Hobbs is also awarded $91.58 from Finchem for taxable costs incurred in the case.

Secretary of State Adrian Fontes is awarded $40,272.50 from Finchem for attorney costs.

Fontes is awarded another $292.55 from Finchem for other taxable costs incurred.

The full order can be read here.

Meanwhile, Finchem is still litigating his case on Twitter, where he posted Monday, saying, “The election was a sham and they know it, now we know it. So what is the body politic to do?”

Kari Lake could take a lesson from all this and consider what she — or, perhaps, donors and supporters — will have to pay out in sanctions if her case receives a similar judgment.

Instead, she’s continuing to claim that she has evidence of “the theft of our government,” and tweeting out complaints that the media is “ignoring” her — although when she had her day in court, she only brought witnesses that proved her claims untrue.

• illinoislady
    Options

Yes — which way is it.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Because now is the first time I've seen this and I love it. It is a totally perfect answer.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,058
    Options

My union held a picket outside the studio this past weekend. (It wasn't a strike, because we weren't trying to stop work at the location.) We were calling out our franchisor and manager for cancelling the employee health insurance plan, removing essential equipment from the studio, and for ghosting us at the contract negotiation table. Sadly, the local media didn't show up to cover it, but we got some good social media posts out.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1315556082503305

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

You will find, as you look back upon your life, that the moments that stand out, the moments when you have really lived, are the moments when you have done things in a spirit of love.    -Henry Drummond

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,039
    Options

miriandra, these days social media seems to reign over local media, so hopefully that’s in your favor.

Jackie, thanks for the article on the run down of Biden’s “art of the deal”. I do love the class that Biden has. He just gets shit done.

I felt like all the hype about the debt ceiling was the media trying to create some kind of chaotic crisis. I get tired of their crap and have learned to tune it out while still following the gist of what’s unfolding.

• cardplayer
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited May 2023
    Options

I had already read about the Loon's comment on McEnany. Just another point of proof that when the breath of failure is hard on your neck it doesn't take much to rile and get the Loon to disassociate from you. She use to be his champion but its Shitsville now. As it says above though the dumbfuque is likely far enough on his way out that it won't matter for McEnany.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Oh yes, What a man. choke,choke,choke.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,977
    Options

Make Hell Great Again!

• cardplayer
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,977
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Freedom is not simply the circumstances that allow you to do whatever you want.  Freedom is not only the opportunity to choose.  Freedom is the strength of character to choose and to do what is right. . . .The foundation of freedom is not power or choice.  Freedom is upheld not by men and women in government, but by people who govern themselves. Matthew Kelly

• illinoislady
    Options

Such good memes.

• illinoislady
    Options

I don't wish anyone death, but I have to say — until this meme I had forgotten this person ever existed. I try not to hate, but I will say I had heavy-duty dislike of the ultimate sort going for this guy. In my book worthless and useless and his only redeeming quality was I think he had to give up cigars.

• illinoislady
    Options

Hmm, freedom party extremists, anyone.

• illinoislady
    Options

I understand taking extra time to cover not getting hung up in technicalities, but many things that the Loon as done have been transparent and leaving no true doubt of guilt. I hope it comes down the pike fairly soon.