Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,325
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,977
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Kari Lake Monumentally Owns Herself With The Choice Of Her Entrance Music At An Arizona Rally

Perennial loser/endless candidate Kari Lake held one of her “I was robbed” rallies this week in Scottsdale, Arizona, and the entire affair was little more than a reiteration of her whining about how the 2022 gubernatorial election was stolen from her, despite the fact that she’s yet to produce a shred of credible evidence to prove such an allegation.

But as Laurie Roberts of The Arizona Republic notes, it was Lake’s choice of entry music that caught her attention.

It was her entrance music that was hysterical.

“American Woman.”

The song, which was originally recorded by the Guess Who in 1970, was meant as a tribute to Canadian women because the band was from Canada, as lead singer Burton Cummings explained in 2014:

“What was on my mind was that girls in the States seemed to get older quicker than our girls and that made them, well, dangerous. When I said ‘American woman, stay away from me,’ I really meant ‘Canadian woman, I prefer you.’”

The version played at Lake’s Scottsdale rally was a remake from Lenny Kravitz, but the words were the same, and it’s quite clear that Lake or whoever chose the song didn’t bother to listen or understand the lyrics.

“American woman, stay away from me.”

“Don’t come hanging around my door/I don’t want to see your face no more/I got more important things to do/Than spend my time growing old with you.”

However, in the case of Ms. Lake, the lyrics could easily be tweaked to read, “Kari Lake/Stay away from me.”

Yes, please stay the hell away from us, Kari. We’re tired of your bullshit. You lost. Deal with it and move on already.

If that’s not the most spectacular self-own of 2023, then it’s certainly got to be in the Top 3.

Social media laid the mockery and ridicule on thick.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,058
    Options

I got published!! I wrote this article for consideration by massage industry trade magazines. They didn't want to run it (hm, I can't imagine why industry publishers who are associated with massage franchise chains aren't interested in articles encouraging unionization), but USOLMT was happy to.

https://usolmt.com/blog/f/massage-therapists-and-labor-unions

• ruthbru
    Options

Very well written, miriandra!

• ruthbru
    Options

I would probably start attending a church with this marquee!

• illinoislady
    Options

When all the words have been written, and all the phrases have been spoken, the great mystery of life will still remain.  We may map the terrains of our lives, measure the farthest reaches of the universe, but no amount of searching will ever reveal for certain whether we are all children of chance or part of a great design.  And who among us would have it otherwise?  Who would wish to take the mystery out of the experience of looking into a newborn infant's eyes?

Kent Nerburn

• illinoislady
    Options

Well I have to admit it has an impressive look — especially if you had no idea of the actual REALITY of the subject. Excuse while I lose my breakfast from way too much bending over laughter. But much of his bunch actually see this God-awful representative of humanity in this light.

• illinoislady
    Options

BREAKING:

Donald Trump gets devastating news as NBC News drops Sunday morning bombshell on him, revealing that the “federal grand jury that has been hearing evidence” in Special Counsel Jack Smith’s criminal investigation against Trump for his theft of classified documents will meet again “this coming week in Washington.” This is REALLY bad news for Trump because there had been a “significant slowdown” of activity for the grand jury in the last two months — which has led to Trump and others to brag that Special Counsel Jack Smith’s investigation was stagnating. The grand jury will ultimately decide whether to press criminal charges against Trump — and their decision may now come as soon as soon as this week. If the grand jury does indict Trump, experts believe that he will be facing decades in prison. Tick tock, Trump!Please smash the

if you think that Trump MUST be criminally indicted — and consider joining the growing exodus to Tribel, a new Twitter competitor that is exploding in popularity it banned Trump for life and because Elon Musk banned Tribel’s Twitter account — but he forgot to ban this link to download the new Tribel app: tribel.app.link/okwPIHYCIqb

Great but we keep talking about not being above the law and we need to start proving it, especially in this case. This does sound like it is much closer. I hope THIS time is the time. Tired of waiting.

• cardplayer
    cardplayer Member Posts: 2,051
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • cardplayer
    Options
  • ruthbru
    edited June 2023
    Options

(I have to explain this image is fake because MAGA believes literally EVERY conspiracy theory that favors them.)

• ruthbru
    Options
  • ruthbru
    Options

(My apologies to Zombies)

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,039
    Options

miriandra, I finally had some down time to read your published work. Well done! It’s a comprehensive look at unionizing in the massage industry, clearly written and I imagine can be used as a type of blueprint for other massage therapists seeking to start a union. No surprise the trade magazines passed, but at least you will reach many in your target audience with the USOLMT (I had to look up the acronym 😉).

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,151
    Options

Excellent article, Miriandra. I hope this gets more massage therapists to unionize.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,039
    edited June 2023
    Options

I wanted to recommend the documentary “Shiny Happy People: Duggar Family Secrets” now out on Amazon Prime (and currently their #1 show). Most of us know the Duggars from their “19 Kids and Counting” show which made them seem just quirky. Turns out, tho, their show was helping the Christian Nationalism movement fly under the radar. The documentary is a four part series that covers not just the Duggars but their cult-like religion, the Institute for Basic Life Principles, or IBLP. While all four episodes are well worth watching, episode 4 discusses how these people have always had the long game in mind, starting with infiltrating local government and aiming for higher government positions up to the Supreme Court, wanting to turn our country into one guided by (their version) of Christian ideals. Madison Cawthorn was one such product of this.

• illinoislady
    Options

There is in this world no such force as the force of a person determined to rise.  The human soul cannot be permanently chained.

W.E.B. Du Bois

• illinoislady
    Options

He sure as hell isn't wearing it well.

• illinoislady
    Options

And she is not, thank goodness, an un-known and is just a Loon female version. Yeck!!

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options