Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 34,548
    Options

OMG - you got to be kidding.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,074
    Options

miriandra, happy to hear the news on the ruling that your former employer owes you and others unpaid/backpay wages. Will he actually make good on that, or will he say he’s broke or file bankruptcy? I hope you and your team are rightfully compensated. How long would his appeals process take? Perhaps he will decide to settle and not continue to pay his lawyers, like you said. Sometimes the lawyers are persuasive, tho, and get the client to appeal just so the lawyers keep getting money. Hope that doesn’t happen.

It really is good news. What are your feelings on how everything’s unfolded in this situation so far? My gosh, two years. The wheels of justice turn slowly!

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,200
    Options

Yup, those wheels do turn slow. Look at how long it has taken to get the Loon in court and this is only the first case.

Miriandra, I hope you get every penny due to you and if he doesn't pay, there is the ability to put a lien on whatever he owns. Glad you got the ruling in your favor…gives you a sense of victory.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,030
    Options

Also glad for the ruling, Mirinadra!

If RFK actually has worms in his brain, that would explain a lot!

Trump is the poster boy for the Dirty Old Men Club!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,836
    Options

Congrats, Miriandra! Your victory is a victory for all workers who are taken advantage of by an employer.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,073
    Options

"It really is good news. What are your feelings on how everything’s unfolded in this situation so far? My gosh, two years. The wheels of justice turn slowly!"

It's been emotionally draining and mentally exhausting. I was the one who researched the laws, talked to DoL agents, tabulated the unpaid wages for everyone, and helped my team file their complaints. I feel like they sacrificed the studio based on my word, and I'll have betrayed their trust if we don't succeed. Of course, Dan was the one who chose to not pay us; who chose to sabotage the studio and close it down. But I still feel a level of responsibility for leading the charge.

• illinoislady
    Options

True forgiveness will become easier when we learn to empathize and
    apologize; when we admit we are human too, capable of wrongdoing;
    when we make allowances for circumstances we may not understand;
    when we have faith in the basic good of personkind, when we are
    willing to start again with compassion and without grudges.  The
    Hebrew word for compassion is derived from rechem, meaning
    womb.  The inference is a new birth, suggesting a fresh start.  This
    fresh start brings with it a deeper understanding of the futility of
    grudges, expectations, and unresolved hate and anger
    and renews our hope in the power of love.

Leo Buscaglia

• illinoislady
    Options

Miriandra, you did what you had to do for yourself. The others saw the value of joining with you to stand up and be counted and help themselves as well as their profession. It was and is daunting but if no one ever stood up we'd still be in the dark ages and being used and abused. All life is risky in one way or other. Yes, you are responsible, but so is everyone based on their choice. We are never alone in anything and those who don't try to right things have already failed.

• illinoislady
    Options

SC sees themselves as far too exalted to ever REALLY have to police themselves. Got cushy and like the privilege without any payment at all for it. Just not right at all. They found a way to really have it all.

• divinemrsm
    Options

miriandra, I can certainly see how it’s been mentally and emotionally draining. I would think those who chose to follow your lead weighed the pros and cons and decided it was worth it to proceed. I think you pointed out the obvious to the rest of your team, and they could not deny the facts. I wouldn’t see it as if you betrayed their trust if things don’t ultimately go your way. Some variables are beyond your control. You’ve done your due diligence all this time. I think you should be proud of yourself for taking the lead. I hope when all is said and done, you are successful

• illinoislady
    edited May 10
    Options

Better late than never.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Yes quite likely.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Another Reps. turning on Trump. I sure hope they mean it.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited May 10
    Options

Occupy Democrats

1h  · BREAKING: Donald Trump suffers a crushing defeat as Judge Juan Merchan rejects his desperate request to modify the gag order to allow him to attack Stormy Daniels.

"My concern is not just with protecting Ms Daniels or a witness who has already testified. My concern is with protecting the integrity of these proceedings as a whole," said Merchan.

"Other people will see you doing it," he went on. "Other witnesses, including not only Michael Cohen, other witnesses will see your client doing whatever it is he intends to do."

The judge explained that the gag order is in place "precisely because of the nature of these attacks."

"The nature, the vitriol … your client’s track record speaks for itself here. I can’t take your word for it that he says I’m just going to speak the facts," he added.

Clearly, Trump was trying to change the gag order so that he could smear Daniels to undermine her damning testimony. Judge Merchan saw right through his ploy.

• illinoislady
    Options

I almost can't conceive of a lawyer having to request a gag order be dropped for one person testifying. Stormy must have really been striking Trump's nerves left and right. Good — Great in fact.

As for Todd Blanche — you are nuts. You are taking orders from a lunatic that will throw you down and stomp on you any time he feels you are letting him down. You will be fortunate if you end up being able to walk away from this — you may be broke and or broken, and you may or may not end up with a law license afterwards, but hopefully you will have wised up. Why anyone wants to hook up with Trump is just weird to me. I've rubbed shoulders with one or two of Trump's type. They were charming for a very short time and at least for me they then became just a little too un-believable. Just wow !!! Good luck, Blanche.

• illinoislady
    Options

Occupy Democrats

1h  · BREAKING: Donald Trump's attorney bizarrely fishes for Stormy Daniels to compliment his golfing talents and to praise him as a famous celebrity.

It looks like Trump wanted very specific questions asked and Daniels humiliated him...

"He did very well at that golf tournament, right?" asked attorney Susan Necheles, referring to the 2006 Lake Tahoe golf tournament where Daniels met Trump.

"I don't remember," Daniels replied.

"President Trump was the biggest celebrity at that golf tournament, right?" weirdly asked Necheles.

"It depends on what you're a fan of," Daniels said.

"A lot of people recognized him, followed him around?" asked Necheles.

"Yeah, a lot of them were paid to follow him around," Daniels mocked. "I don't know."

Necheles also asked Daniels a question about Trump's indictment, to which Daniels humorously replied: "There are a lot of indictments."

As MSNBC contributor Adam Klasfeld, later suggested, the line of questioning was designed to "presumably please Trump" and flatter his ego.

Maybe he should focus less on compliments and more on avoiding prison time.

As I said oh those lawyers. Neck deep in it and the Loon just keeps making fools of them and helping himself to a REAL losss.

• illinoislady
    Options

Occupy Democrats

1h  · BREAKING: Stormy Daniels absolutely destroys "orange turd" Donald Trump during his hush money trial after his attorney shows her a tweet that she retweeted calling her a "human toilet."

The lawyer tried to embarrass Daniels and it backfired right on Trump...

"Exactly!" said Daniels in response to the attorney. "Making me the best person to flush the orange turd down."

"I don't see the word instrumental or jail," Daniels added, explaining that the tweet was intended as hyperbole.

Trump's attorney then asked her if she was referring to Trump as the "orange turd." Daniels said that the tweet doesn't specify and is up to interpretation. "I'm also not a toilet," she said.

Trump's attorney asked again what she meant by "orange turd."

"Oh, I absolutely meant Mr. Trump," Daniels replied bluntly.

As I understand it, this is just a partial snippet. The TURD conversational event between I think Neckles and Daniels lasted quite some time.

Is this why Trump threw a hissy and wanted the gag order temporarily lifted so he could fire back at Stormy Daniels. Well, I'm not sure, but if he sleeps a wink tonight I'll be surprised. While I haven't paid a lot of attention to the synopsis of the trial (it really should be televised) I'm rather glad that all will be back in court tomorrow.

If Trump doesn't blow a gasket at some point. I hope he is feeling some extreme pain —similar to what so many of us endured not for a few weeks, but for four long years. He needs a little of the reality we faced daily — a whole lot of anguish.

• divinemrsm
    edited May 10
    Options

Jackie, I agree with all your memes as well as your assessment of Trump while Stormy Daniels was testifying. I honestly think that even tho Daniels is smearing Trump on the witness stand, he is on some level pleased to be associated with a woman who is extremely sexually attractive. We’ve never heard him criticize her appearance or utter “she’s not my type”. I think he’s glad other men know he had sex with her (tho he denies that happened); it feeds his ego.

I only now looked up Daniels’ Wikipedia page and see her birth name is Stephanie Gregory, I did not know, and she’s also known as Stephanie Clifford. She’s been married several times. What I also did not know is that she’s only 45 years old, making her 32 years younger than Donald. That’s disgusting. Even more disgusting is it means when they had the sexual encounter in 2006, he was 59 and she was 27. The grossest part is that before having sex with her, he compared her to Ivanka. I can only take that to mean he has fantasies of doing it with his daughter. I apologize for being so blunt, but that’s what it sounds like to me.

The Stormy Daniels story never interested me. I never followed it. Until now. I’ve kept up her testimony and cross examination, and what I especially love is how fiery and quick-witted she is with her responses. I hadn’t expected she’d have a combative spirit which I totally admire!

• illinoislady
    Options

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”

~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• illinoislady
    Options

Great assessment Divine. I never truly followed the Stormy Daniels/Clifford story when it came up years ago. At the same time I didn't think more of less of her but already being aware of how Trump operated I always thought less of him.

It is a thing that Trump was always picking young, slim, fairly well-endowed ladies and I DO very much think he often possibly fantasized that they could be his daughter. Indeed that is one of the things that make him so disgusting. Just as he had so few if any mental qualms about taking from others, I'm not sure but that he would have taken sex as well if he could have. He certainly bragged about doing anything he wanted w/o complaint from the other party.

He is incensed that all this to him is being presented incorrectly to the extent that he SEES nothing wrong. He is prevented by his mental disease process to understand how hugely different the world looks at these things. I do think though he feels some embarrassment (not so much for what he has done) but only to the degree that he feels we are being given the wrong viewpoint of the picture that he feels for the most part is fine — about himself. I presume he thinks the prosecutors are MAKING it look wrong to hurt him rather than just presenting facts generally understood for what they are to the public at large as well as the jury. The great dichotomy seeing through totally different eyes.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,200
    Options

Great memes and bravo to Stormy for not taking the bait and being so quick to respond to the questions seeking to discredit her. I think they thought she would be a pushover and would fold under their cross examination. I love that she referred to him as the "orange turd" and stood her ground. He has met his match and probably should not have written questions he wanted asked because they truly opened the door to her quick wit and frankness. Go Stormy.

Supposedly he once verbalized that if Ivanka wasn't his daughter he would "do her". Sick thoughts from a father and maybe that is one reason they seem to be apart now? She has a daughter and god knows if he wouldn't make the same reference to her. He is a sexual pervert and keeps it in his diaper now because it is too embarrassing for him to undress. I am sure he has cheated on Melania more than with just Stormy and the other woman. I wonder how many inappropriate interactions he had while president and possessed all that power?

I am concerned that RFK will draw off voters from Biden and that the republicans who won't vote for the Loon but will vote a republican write-in will cause an imbalance in the election outcome.

I don't understand why Biden is being blamed for a world-wide inflation that is also impacting us, the border crisis while the republicans blocked any efforts to pass a new bill and any other thing they can think of.

We bought our home in 1985 while Reagan was in office and even with a decent down payment our mortgage interest was 12%. We did manage to refinance for a lower rate after several months but people are squawking about today's rates need to be reminded of what the rates were during republican rule. Hated Reagan, as an actor, governor and as a president. He was so destructive to the US.

• illinoislady
    Options

So true about Regan. We at our house never liked him either. We have always had modest means so to speak but always a bit back when April 15th. rolled around — that is until Regan. Many years passed before we went back to getting anything at tax time and then it was for the most part a lot more minimal. Reagan known for trickling did make sure what we got (that was actually ours) did come trickling down for sure and it certainly did nothing for the pocketbook by the time it finally arrived.

• divinemrsm
    edited May 11
    Options

betrayal, I struggled with my personal life throughout the 1980s which left me little capacity to follow politics. But even tho I didn’t own a home at the time or realize how high interest rates were, I can remember when they began to come down because it seemed like pretty much everyone around here wanted to refinance their mortgage. And they all had to wait months to get in to their appointment because the banks were flooded with so many homeowners refinancing.

My son is considering buying his first house and has some concerns about interest rates. I told him to move forward with his life and buy a house if he finds the right one, and when interest rates drop to a point that it’s worth it for him to refinance, he can do so.