Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,326
    Options

Nice philosophy, Illinoislady. I do hope your family will make this day special for you since you seem to make all their days special.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,173
    edited May 13
    Options

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this about Barron named as an RNC delegate (which surprised me) then withdrawing? From Heather Cox Richardson’s newsletter yesterday:

On Wednesday, May 8, the Republican Party of Florida announced that it had picked Trump’s youngest son, 18-year-old Barron, as one of the state’s at-large delegates to the Republican National Convention, along with Trump’s other sons, Eric and Donald Jr.; Don Jr.’s fiancée, Kimberly Guilfoyle; and Trump’s second daughter, Tiffany, and her husband. 

On Friday, May 10, Trump’s current wife and Barron’s mother, former first lady Melania Trump, issued a statement saying: “While Barron is honored to have been chosen as a delegate by the Florida Republican Party, he regretfully declines to participate due to prior commitments.” It is hard not to interpret this extraordinary snub from his own wife and son as a chilly response to the past month of testimony about his extramarital escapades while Barron was an infant.

First, I don’t believe Barron has any “prior commitments.” Secondly, Melania issued the statement, so Barron still isn’t speaking for himself publicly just yet. Melania is still protecting him, altho I think the press would consider him “fair game” now that he’s 18. However, there’ve always been questions about whether he might be on the autism spectrum so maybe the media is still handling his stories with kid gloves. My thoughts were, if he does have issues along those lines, being at the RNC in the capacity of delegate might not be something he’d be comfortable or capable navigating. Melania always seems to accompany him in public.

But I really hadn’t connected his reason for withdrawing as fall-out from the Stormy Daniels’ testimony, but it does make sense. I mean, why would he be announced as a delegate, then withdraw?

• divinemrsm
    Options

One other excerpt from the same HCR newletter:

Finally, there was the eye-popping story broken by Josh Dawsey and Maxine Joselow in the Washington Post on Thursday, revealing that last month, at a private meeting with about two dozen top oil executives at Mar-a-Lago, Trump offered to reverse President Joe Biden’s environmental rules designed to combat climate change and to stop any new ones from being enacted in exchange for a $1 billion donation. 

Trump has promised his supporters that he would be an outsider, using his knowledge of business to defend ordinary Americans against those elites who don’t care about them. Now he has been revealed as being willing to sell us out—to sell humanity out—for the bargain basement price of $1 billion (with about 8 billion people in the world, this would make us each worth about 12 and a half cents). 

Chief White House ethics lawyer in the George W. Bush administration Richard Painter wrote: “This is called bribery. It’s a felony.” He followed up with “Even a candidate who loses can be prosecuted for bribery. That includes the former guy asking for a billion dollars in campaign cash from oil companies in exchange for rolling back environmental laws.”

I mean, my mouth is agape that this is not more of a major headline, that news organizations are not running with it and that more people are not enraged by it! But magas once again will shrug it off. So horrific.

• betrayal
    Options

I do think that Melania is overprotective of Barron and had my hand therapist declare he was on the autism spectrum. Not sure if this is true but he does display mannerisms linked to autism and the Loon keeps saying how "smart" he is which many on the autism spectrum are. He appears awkward in social situations. Is he going to college?

I do think his being named as a rep in Fl raised my eyebrows due to his age but then I think the whole family is being pushed to participate. Notice that Ivanka and Jared are not included in this love fest but that horrid Kim Guilfoyle is. Does Don, Jr. ever plan on ending this interminable engagement?

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,521
    Options

There is a little plant called reverence in the corner of my soul's garden, which I love to have watered once a week.

Oliver Wendell Holmes

• illinoislady
    Options

I read of late that Barron has declined the offer to go to the convention on his father's behalf. His mother put out a statement. She isn't spending much time with Trump either and I presume some of the 'talk' going on has to do with the fact that Trump has been mainly alone in his current trial. Eric has made appearances at the trial along with Rick Scott. That must have been thrilling - listening to the titillating sordid details of YOUR very X-ed president and having to act like all is copacetic.

At some point I'd think Jared and Ivanka will show up as they are greedy and power hungry just like so many of the other Reps. co-horts they spent so much time with in the WH. Little Don and his love Kimberly really have slow-walked any tying of the knot. Maybe it was difficult getting un-tied from their previous mates.

• illinoislady
    Options

At first didn't hear much about the New Jersey rally. Today it sounds like it was really BAD. At one point he was quire in-intelligible after accusing Biden of the same. Suddenly ( oh sweet instant karma) the Loon can't get a syllable edgewise or any other way.

Then he invokes Hannibal Lector who he admires for having people for lunch. REALLY. Then he chastises himself for screaming like a lunatic — which he was and is.

Definitely a goner and good reason why it does seem many Reps. are moving away from him. I don't think it was near soon enough, but it is causing some of the media to have to get a lot more honest. How much more 'playing ' with the truth will we endure. More than I will like, I'm sure.

• illinoislady
    Options

Under some things just don't change.

• illinoislady
    Options

Not sizing this one down.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Yoo-hoo Republican. Your brains are missing.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Well said. Too bad the correct actions won't happen.

• illinoislady
    Options

You bought it, helped break it, and now you don't want it.

Never-the-less, I'm glad you came to some semblance of sense. Good for you.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • divinemrsm
    edited May 13
    Options

Donald “Me First” is the truth!

Lately, my mind keeps thinking of Trump’s fans as Magats. And that’s what they draw (maggots) when they leave behind the disgusting garbage after his rallies.

The Hannibal Lector comment is simply beyond comprehension. It, too, is disgusting. Does Trump even realize Lector is a fictional character? Plus, what does that even mean? That cannibalism is a good thing? Very bizarre.

Betrayal, I did notice Ivanka and Jared weren’t on the RNC roster and have been hiding from the spotlight. But Guilfoyle, yuck.

I imagine it would have been a media melee if Melania had shown up at court when Stormy testified. At least this is one time when the supposed-to-be adoring wife wasn’t loyally at her husband’s side while salacious details of his infidelity were….bared. Btw, I read several stories where journalists couldn’t believe how Trump’s lawyer went on record bringing up the fact that Daniels referred to Don as the “orange turd”, and that the lawyer kept using the phrase during cross examination.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,215
    Options

Why are people commenting that Barron is on the autistic spectrum? I spent over 30 years working with autistic children, grades 6-9 and it is hurtful to have people guess about whether or not someone has autism especially when they never met the person or the family. The autistic spectrum is huge and if you know someone with autism, you likely know one person with autism. The term has been freely thrown about in recent years yet most people have no understanding of it. There are many reasons for Melania to be protective of Barron. I loathe Trump, Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka, Jared K., MTG, Matt Gates, and others, due to their actions, but the children should be off limits, including Barron, even though he is 18. No reason to even speculate, about whether or not he has autism, what does it matter?

Getting off my soap box now…..

• betrayal
    Options

MM, we can agree to disagree because many have speculated about Barron having autism so this is not "new news". Others have suggested that revealing it, if true, would be an asset for those on the spectrum to show that it can affect even those in power.

Elon Musk is definitely on the spectrum but I am not sure I would want him to be the poster boy for autism due to his ill regard for his fellow man.

BTW, at 18, he is no longer legally regarded as a child. If I was his mother, I would also want to shield him from that horror of a family he was born into, but I do not see Melania doing that. She needs to hang in there to protect his fiscal future and that to me makes her not the mother I want on a poster either. His father and mother are grifters as are his siblings, so in nature vs. nurture, what will his future reveal about his character?

Today's memes are great. The number of attendees at yesterday's rally are subject to inflation it seems because the area they occupied could not possibly hold 80,000 people or more. Many were seen leaving long before the blowhard ran out of wind.

Hannibal Lector? Really, did he see the movie recently because we know his reading skills are limited to cartoon/comic book levels. So far he has been an admirer of Putin, Kim Jong Un, Mussolini, Hitler, the Hungarian dictator and other men he has perceived as being powerful leaders and not for what they really are: despicable humans. He's a sick man and his followers are definitely cult members: the cult of crazy.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,986
    Options

I doubt that many magats know who Hannibal Lecter is or that he’s a fictional character. Why trump brought up a fictional, cannibalistic murderer is beyond comprehension, but Anthony Hopkins voice is now in my head…Clarice…

mm, while I agree with you for the most part, I will simply say from observation, Barron may be on the spectrum. As a long time teacher, I have a great deal of experience in observing student habits/behaviors. Depending on my observation, I might recommend a student for further assessment . It is not my job to make a diagnosis, nor am I qualified to do so, but I am qualified to know when things need to be explored further. This holds true for any issues that teachers observe not just autism . While I haven’t had the opportunity to observe Barron beyond what is publicly seen, my antenna senses that something may be afoot. Beyond that, I simply can’t say.

• divinemrsm
    edited May 14
    Options

I would reiterate betrayal’s first paragraph in her post above. I was commenting on Barron since he was in the news because he was supposed to be a delegate and then he withdrew. I have not said anything derogatory about him. Please know that I was a para professional (teacher assistant) for over ten years in a local school system and worked with many autistic children from preschool age thru high school. It was a demanding, low paying job but I was very good at it, and teachers were always happy to have me as their para. Some of the children I worked with were incredibly challenging, but compassion for them was always my starting point, along with patience. And plenty of times we just plain had fun. I live in a small town of 5,000, so the kids I worked with at school were also a familiar part of my community.

I’m not here to diagnose Barron, tho. The only thing we seem to know about him is that we don’t know anything about him.

I watched ABC News tonight for a recap of Cohen’s testimony today. It sounded pretty damning. There are recordings of Trump, one telling Cohen to pay the money (to Daniels). Cohen also said Trump was not worried about Melania finding out about Stormy:

Cohen testified that Trump was angry when he learned about Daniels’ story, telling him, “I thought you took care of this.”

Trump told Cohen: ‘This is a disaster, total disaster. Women are going to hate me. Women will hate me. Guys, they think it’s cool, but this is going to be a disaster for the campaign,” Cohen testified.

Cohen said he asked Trump how the story might impact his marriage with his wife, Melania. Cohen said Trump told him, “Don’t worry,” adding: “How long do you think I’ll be on the market for? Not long.”

Cohen said that comment led him to conclude that “this was all about the campaign.”

Would not be on the market for long! Melania was at home with a four month old baby! Trump could not care less about her!!!

• illinoislady
    edited May 14
    Options

I know nothing about autism so can't really discuss much on that subject. I did note though that Betrayal voiced an idea I've mentioned before. That of the caliber of family members around Baron. If his family exposure has much to do with him when he goes out into the world we are all in trouble. I don't know when or if I've ever I've run into a family 'group' that is so dysfunctional or stupid, or con artists, or outright grifters, as this group. Almost to a family even the few I've known where there were less than sterling behaviors usually only one or so had ugly issues. Baron's whole family is damaged and I've no idea if any are repairable but I sort of doubt it. So, while I've said little while Baron was a WH child, I don't feel I have to tread so carefully now. He is fair game like anyone else. A part of me feels for him, but it is hard not seeing him as starting his semi-adult life with a huge sense of entitlement.

Just my personal opinion, but I have some doubts that he can be his own person due to the inhumane and damaged family structure that he grew up in and even to this day the damages are on-going with the 'truth' of the loon's trials. That is one heck of a lot to live down.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,189
    Options

I don't know enough about Barron to even comment on him. Whether he wouldn't cooperate, or if someone else pulled him from the delegate list, I am glad. He was just being used as a pawn. People who are raised in dysfunctional families either mindlessly follow along with what they've learned OR they make a deliberate break. I hope that he will be able to do the second.

• illinoislady
    Options

Life is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths. It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it. Once we truly know that life is difficult—once we truly understand and accept it—then life is no longer difficult. Because once it is accepted, the fact that life is difficult no longer matters.    -M. Scott Peck

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Just another day in the life of Eric Trump. Shave, you'll feel better and likely look better too.

• illinoislady
    Options

If this is how REAL Reps. women behave, you can have her. She's a grown woman and should be ashamed of herself. Guess at least she wasn't really wearing those shorts.