Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,558
    Options

Life is made up not necessarily of great sacrifices or high-level duties
    but of little things.  The smiles, the kindnesses, the commitments and
    obligations and responsibilities that are given habitually and lovingly
    are the blessings that win and preserve the heart and bring comfort
    to one's self as we as to others.  This is the ministry
    of service performed by every useful life.

John Marks Templeton
    Worldwide Laws of Life

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,194
    Options

Not to mention four more years of Trump appointing Supreme Court judges! 😱😱😱😱😱

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,991
    edited June 28
    Options

I have often, not always, been a huge proponent of voting one’s conscious, however the stakes are simply too high. Trump has pretty much said he intends to end our democracy as that’s what repealing the constitution will do. For the sake of our democracy, don’t vote for a write in or third party candidate. Vote for democracy.

• mom2bill
    mom2bill Member Posts: 7,627
    Options

I agree with all of the comments about the debate. While Biden may have had a poor performance, we cannot be discouraged to the point where we don’t vote. The stakes are way too high to give up without fighting like hell. Biden may be “old” but he has been an effective president who surrounds himself with good people, and he is committed to preserving our democracy. I can’t imagine what will become of our country if Trump is elected, bringing with him Steve Bannon, Michael Flynn and the rest of the fools who seem determined to fundamentally change our country. And don’t even get me started on what would happen to the Supreme Court! What frustrates me today are all of the supposed liberal pundits who keep pointing out the worst moments of the debate with regard to Biden. I guess they no longer care that everything out of Trump’s mouth was a lie!

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,330
    Options

exbrnxgrl, we can agree to disagree since the optics to me were that Trump hacked the same old story, told more lies, never answered a question directly or in some cases at all, and was not articulate. He went off on tangents that were not relevant but were insightful when it came to his state of mind.

It was evident that something was off when Biden spoke, but I do think he for the most part answered questions but lacked his usual clarity on some issues. Was he a failure or off his game? In some respects yes, but for the most part nothing about the debate changed my mind about the direction I am taking nor would it convince me to do a "write-in".

• betrayal
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options
  • betrayal
    Options
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,991
    edited June 28
    Options

Betrayal, I absolutely agree with you but for far too many people, the optics will be all that matters. Unfortunately, those optics were not good. Far too many look at style over substance.

• illinoislady
    Options

As was said on the morning news — for the most part Biden only had one job — to look and sound as good as he did at his STATE of the UNION. Well, he didn't come close even and that is the problem. It is so much about what ALL have mentioned so far.

I also think some people (especially pundits) seem intent on taking off points for Pres. Biden looking bad because he basically set the whole debate and most of the rules up. I am hoping that many people who it seemed to me were starting on the way to accept the rather tremendous job Pres. Biden has done, will continue on and not get "spooked" by the 'hoopla' and look of a bad debate.

Pres. Biden brought us back from the brink of what would have been a HUGE disaster, got us out of the COVID mess that Trump all but ignored unless you want to call shooting up bleach a good solution and doing something, got us going out in the world again, restored our supply lines, got people jobs, sent us money to help us re-start life and continues on with jobs, economy, health care and a border solution — not what it should have been thanks to the Reps. but something to help to the best of ability now rather than do nothing like Trump would have done. Life is working because Pres. Biden knows what he is doing, period.

There were people who didn't want him when they got him and have been lukewarm for a long time about him and now feel they have the perfect excuse. It is an EXCUSE. You can be an ignorant excuse of a con man and run for high office or you can be a lifelong politician who knows what you can and can't do and the best way to handle all of it on the world stage. I seem to remember an orange idiot who was laughed at on the world stage, more than once. That is DEFINITELY not the person I want representing me.

I hope everyone who cares about the world and its citizens will choose democracy first and vote blue to keep it.

• ruthbru
    Options
  • ruthbru
    Options

Just a break from all the bad news for those of us who are dog lovers!

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,221
    Options

Everyone is intitled to their opinion. Mine is that Biden is NOT up to another four years. His performance last night was a sign of things to come. I wish he would drop out, for the sake of our country and for his own health. It isn't just the debate. I heard him speak a number of times over the past six months and he is getting worse. The SOTU was a fluke! He is not a great speaker, never was.

If it is Biden against Trump, I will have to vote for Biden, but I would vote for Mickey Mouse over Trump. I am not thrilled with Biden and consider him to be "the best of the two."

I had the pleasure of watching the debate while texting my college roommate back and forth. She will vote for Trump, I will vote for Biden, so we will cancel out our votes. Both of us were disgusted with both candidates. Both of us agree we need an age cap of 62 to run for President, allowing for two consecutive terms. We almost stopped being friends when Trump ran in 2020. I am so glad we didn't end our friendship, as she is like a sister to me! She was my maid of honor in my wedding, my DD is named after her. Friendship over politics!

I realize most of you have been Democrats all your voting life. I was a Republican up until I heard Obama speak, long before he became a household name, and the Democratic candidate for President. I even wrote to him and asked him to consider running for President. I doubt he ever read my letter, but he was the one and only Presidential candidate I ever REALLY wanted to vote for. I have not changed my political feelings, just my party affiliation. I consider myself to be a Moderate and would register as Independent if it wasn't for the fact that I wouldn't be able to participate in the Primary elections if I did that. (Pennsylvania)

Our Democracy is at stake. That is true! I am not sure our country will remain a Democracy even if Biden wins. It isn't just Trump, there are many on the far right who are not making the news headlines. But, as they say, one day at a time, one election at a time.

• illinoislady
    Options

MM, I respect your opinions and feelings even if I don't go along with all of them. I have been from the beginning a registered Democrat but I have ALWAYS been willing should I find some day that someone from another party presents as a far better choice, then I would vote for them in a heartbeat. Only since Obama did I vote a straight Democratic ticket and with Reps. as they are now, I still do. But I am for the best man or woman whatever the party.

The other side has seemed intent on constant deterioration, so I find it easier to not give any one from that side a hand up. Should they ever choose to become fairly rational again I will have to re-think my whole stance.

Dh turned on the news tonight - then went into the other room. It is on but I'm paying very little mind to it. We are going to be treated to massive amts. of debate stories and many ideas I do not agree with, even on the news channels I prefer when I do watch.

• illinoislady
    Options

I just read this, and thought how wonderful if it were that way. ( Marilyn HilliardI don’t know how a person can spend a lot of time running for office when they have that office to run. If only it was a world where performance in the job counted rather than performance on the stage.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

I think it was much sooner — like perhaps first words.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

I recall this very well, and on the next round Obama wiped up the floor with Romney.

Romney and company thought it was in the bag. I recall Mrs. Romney being on one of the day programs talking about the fact that now it was their (the Romneys) turn. I can't say for sure but at the time I wasn't sure if she just meant the Romneys or if she meant them and their 'Church' as well. I only say it now as it is exactly the odd impression I got at the time.

The second debate came and Romney didn't know what hit him. All downhill from then on.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Just another reason to win our election - all the way. We need to fix the court- get the freebies and goodies to stop flowing and get the kind of representation we have been told we could always expect from this for now slightly way too elite group with almost no rules at all.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

I have some words I'd like to say but they are not very polite in company so I won't — but I'm sure as heck saying them under my breath. Oh what I am calling these people.