Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,566
    Options

Yes, but they are not the only lemons there.

• illinoislady
    Options

Well, well, well, Stevie. Today is YOUR day. You ran away for a long time, but Lady Justice is in the lead now and hoping you don't slip on your soap while you are tucked away in the hoosegow where you belong. May you never make it out.

• illinoislady
    Options

We have the ruling. You can only have immunity for official acts. Seems to me then nothing much has changed save for having help put off the possibility of the further Loon trials this year. Then again, if any judge had it together really well — who knows.

We will likely hear days of back and forth and what if's and maybe's and all of the countless hours cable news and the media will choose to spend on this, but to me nothing much has actually changed other than the court proving they can waste time and be an influence — not particularly for good, but an influence. I think it is sad, but then the court is trying to position itself to an extent to do more of what 'they' want rather than less — just in case.

All the more reason for us to get behind Biden and get our democracy back — from the Loon, from the Reps. and from the Supreme Court as well.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,198
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Sounds like lots of spin out there already and word is that the Loon got a lot of benefit. And, if you spin it he did. In the end, I believe that if we win the elections - the presidency, house and senate we can deal with whatever comes. Of course, right now with the un-reasonableness of the Supreme Court there are issues. I think some dust needs to settle and hopefully the pundits will not go to crazy.

Love the meme, Ruth.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,180
    Options

I cannot even wrap my head around this ruling. There are a lot of people who wish they’d voted for Hillary; they should have just held their nose and voted for her the way Trumpers vote for him, and now we are trying to stop a runaway train that’s gaining momentum. W. T. F.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,225
    Options

I wondered how everyone would respond to the SCOTUS’s decision. It was pretty much what I expected given the “right” slant of the court.

Divine, I was one who held my nose and voted for Hillary. I like her as a person, but not as a candidate but could clearly see she was the only one to vote for! I felt like I was crushed by a falling wall when I heard Trump won! I thought Hilary was a shoe in. I was wrong.

I feel nothing about todays ruling because nothing has changed for me. I will vote straight Democrat, and whatever happens after that I will deal with when it happens.

I only listened to about 15 minutes of the news media, it was all I could take. Doom and gloom. There are always loopholes when it comes to legal rulings.

Who here REALLY believed there would be a trial before the election? Not me! I also don’t believe he will ever be tried for what he did. Four years after Jan 6th and all he got was the NYC trial for which he will soon be sentenced! No immunity there, those crimes happened before he was President!

In a weird way, that WAS the trial to start with and I hope he gets jail time for what he did.

I also believe Biden should pardon his son!

I don’t know if Biden has a chance at a second term due to GOP cheating, but I do believe more people will vote for him, especially if states keep pushing the Right Wing Religion in schools and taking women’s rights away!

Again, all we can do is vote! No point getting upset over it. Too many things can happen between now and November!

• mavericksmom
    Options

Would love to ask Jess Piper "and DO What?????" That's the question now. We are WAY past looking and knowing how that happened!

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,002
    edited July 2
    Options

I ask myself the same question. Do we have to wait for the situation to deteriorate as it did in Germany before people wake up? I’m not a good person to comment as I continue to feel that there is little hope for democracy as we have known it. Even if Biden wins, I fear the fallout will make Jan. 6th look like a birthday party compared to what might be unleashed. And more than anything, I hope I’m completely wrong.

• illinoislady
    Options

Most of us here I'm sure thought for certain Hillary would be President as well as she herself — and she as well as her family and many, many friends. Too many Democrats became complacent. They decided everyone else would be voting for her and they could stay home or whatever they did. So, Hillary won the popular vote just find but lost the Electoral College.

This is why people have got to get out and vote and to make sure to vote for Biden. We can't let "Hillary" happen again. The Democrats who are 'yelling' the loudest I think were not wanting Biden from Day one and he would not likely have run again had Trump faded from the scene —- and we all thought that was going to happen too. It didn't and we really needed a 'proven' winner to run.

Pres. Biden (given the state of the U.S. and presidency) was given something rotten and filthy and barely functioning in any cohesive manner and in a bit over three years has made the biggest pitcher of lemonade anyone could. And he will keep doing it. Some of his "age" attributes are not very flattering, but he knows what he is doing — and I say again, just why the heck do we hire a VP along with a president every time there is an election. We cannot turn away now. That would be one of the easiest of all ways for the Loon to actually win.

I also think I spoke a bit about today's decision, but I do think the 'problems' can have a solution if we do the work and win all three parts of our election. By the way:

It is already known that the Loon didn't gain any votes from the debate, and Biden hasn't really lost any in the polls and Biden is still getting major money and the Loon is mad because Biden is getting a lot of air time and what the Loon has been getting is not flattering. He is basically being dismissed.

So we are NOT counted out by any stretch. There's work to do, but one debate does not deserve he massive hysteria the media is trying to manipulate, and this is something that is being manipulated. Don't fall for it.

• illinoislady
    Options

The Loon had a lot of family and other help to pick the trash that he picked for us. Left on his own he likely wasn't close to smart enough to find those people.

• illinoislady
    Options

I seem to remember something of a long ago time when I actually looked up just a bit to Ralph Nader. He was un-covering scams, dirty tricks or something. Now you are everything and more of the description of you in this meme.

• illinoislady
    Options

Justice Sotomayor — I'm so glad you are on the court. I pray we have the biggest DEMOCRATIC all the way election ever and that we can get you some help on that court. Good, solid, trustworthy, people who will be true to their oath. People you can rely on again.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

I had it quite wrong this morning. My apologies.

• illinoislady
    Options

As Rick Wilson says — wow — we could do a few things, but Pres. Biden is not like that.

• illinoislady
    edited July 2
    Options

It is clear cut for sure now. Hope the Dems get their heads out of their you know what's and choose to go all out for Biden and get everyone the know to do the same.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Perfectly said, It is now most certainly up to us.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Yes, please.

Please do.

• mavericksmom
    Options

exbrnxgrl, my biggest fear if Trump wins is that there is literally NO ONE to liberate us as happened with Germany, and European countries who were freed from Hitler. 😢

• divinemrsm
    edited July 2
    Options

I was one of the minority who did not think Hillary was going to win. I’d been all over Ohio, WV and PA that year traveling. I was astounded by the Trump flags and signs. It gave me a sense of impending doom. I cannot say wtf will happen now.

Oh, and fuck Ralph Nader. I blame the media, the patriarchy and goddamn Mitch McConnell for all the events that brought us to the Supreme Court’s ruling.

• illinoislady
    Options

If people only knew the healing power of laughter and joy, many of our fine doctors would be out of business. Joy is one of nature’s greatest medicines. Joy is always healthy. A pleasant state of mind tends to bring abnormal conditions back to normal. -Catherine Ponder

• illinoislady
    edited July 2
    Options

I am up one minute and a bit down the next. With you Divine. Not totally sure when the Reps. discovered for SURE they were going to have trouble winning elections, but they have been SHALL WE SAY figuring out ways ever since to rig, cheat, lie and maneuver every way possible. Sadly, too often there has been little resistance. So people like Mitch McConnell could get away with dis-allowing a vote for a Supreme Court judge who should have gotten seated and two impeachments that should have happened, didn't ??

There is so much to fix in not only our laws, but the people in the system who veer off and are continually allowed to do so. All in all, the Democrats keep trying to do it 'right' by playing fair and not insisting on the fealty to laws and norms so necessary to the CORRECT functioning of government.

It is in fact, the best reason why we could use a 'younger' version of Pres. Biden. Facing fact, we don't have that. Best we can do is Kamala Harris and she as VP again. We need to get very solid behind these people and while I think we are giving in to a bit of mass hysteria over things right now, but we do need to figure out how to stop letting people like Mitch McConnell throw us over a cliff. We are often 'niceing' ourselves into losing very important things. The other side plays totally dirty, almost anything goes, and especially if we on our side get a big case of the 'plays fair' itis we get way too much. Something to the phrase fighting fire with fire. I'm starting to like the word ruthless which we ascribe all the time to the other side and seem to forget it can exist on our side as well.

The whole point, if that side is made to pay up (not an easy task since the SC just made it a lot harder) and knew they would be quickly called to do so we could even the playing field to a lot cleaner situation. We have let ourselves down. All the ethics and morals in the world will do little good if only one side is going to pay attention —- and even then, if you do pay attention you have to be willing to do something about the side showing a lack.

In the meantime, we can't afford hysteria, we have no time for that and a lot of it is the damn media and their ratings. They need to be held accountable as well. We have to fix our information world along with everything else. It's a big job, and we have to be not only willing but FREE to do these things. That means shutting the hell up and getting on board with Pres. Biden. It is up to decent Americans. Half of more of the government has in the words of someone I read all the time turned into raw sewage, as has the Loon and un-fortunately the Supreme Court. RAW SEWAGE. Not okay in any way in my neighborhood, or in the U.S. So, a little dauted and a little down, but far from out. My will is definitely not to succumb.

ETA: By the way, a whole lot of the media turns themselves into raw sewage too. We are letting too much go un-checked. As much as I like my news, I did quit my local newspaper (not because of their news actually) and I'm not watching tv news in amts. I use too. I could go farther.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Way too true.

• divinemrsm
    Options