Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,521
    Options
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,189
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited June 27
    Options

IF ONLY: Who benefits from the ongoing chaos? The rich few do. They aren't affected by it, in fact, they thrive on it as we saw very clearly over the pandemic. They have decided Trump chaos is great too so they can continue hoarding wealth at the expense of everyone else. The answer is voting out as many Republicans as you can, and then applying great pressure on ALL politicians to end the Trickle Down Economics scam ASAP, overturn Citizens United, and take the dirty money out of a politics for good!

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited June 27
    Options

On Board.

• illinoislady
    Options

I do think a little practice was done for what might fire up Trump's buttons. Here's to success.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Sadly, I think there is a whole lot of truth to this.

• illinoislady
    Options

Great advice.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited June 27
    Options

One of the great guffaws of our time. Ladies and gentlemen: The Wankpanzer.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Ruth, I'm not listening to "news" today either. Then again, most days I don't. We really got into a bad habit some time ago of turning on cable news during coffee time when we first get up in the morning. It would end up being on all day. We didn't always listen, but it was on and we felt like we wouldn't miss anything should something important happen.

The last year or so I've been feeling super saturated - even when we didn't listen it was OUR background noise and so the last few months, I get breakfast done and kitchen cleaned up and then out to the living room to find another program to turn on. HGTV or most anything — so long as it is not news. I'm happier and just as when we use to tune into local channels twice a day or so, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. In fact, since its cable news, if something big happens we will hear about it non-stop for far longer than we want for sure.

I will definitely have it on tonight though — and be ready to give it my un-divided attention.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,173
    Options

Ohmygosh, the cybertruck. We saw one in a Pittsburgh parking lot earlier this month and drove around it while making lots of jokes. It literally looks like it was designed by a second grader.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,986
    Options

This is for you, Camille! The Tesla plant is about 20 minutes from my house (In Fremont, CA). Given that and the very large number of high wage earners in Silicon Valley, I’ve had to see more of them than I wanted to. This meme nails it!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,173
    Options

Hahaha! So funny, Caryn! And imagine, with all that money someone in Silicon Valley makes, and they’d buy a cybertruck!!???

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,171
    Options

Devine - thanks for letting us know about SpookiesMom. I am so saddened by her passing. Lovely lady.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,110
    Options

So sorry to read about SpookiesMom. She was a wonderful presence on this board. May her family find peace and ease.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,215
    Options

Yep, this is set to be a bang up day!

I was right about Biden and the debate, HUGE mistake! Way worse than I expected!
    I can’t in good faith vote for either one. Might have to write in a name!

Good luck to all here, no meme will make me feel better about Biden. He is unfit to run!😳😢

Then reading about Spookiesmom! I am sooo saddened to read about her. Devine, I tried to find your post but couldn’t. I will look on other topics. She really supported me when I needed it, especially in the years of Covid when I was forced to work in person in the schools!

• exbrnxgrl
    Options

I too was disappointed with Biden’s performance but will not do a write in. Conscience is a good thing but our democracy is on the line. A write in vote is a vote for trump essentially, the man who has said he will repeal the constitution. A third party candidate has no chance of winning.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,189
    Options

Well, you aren't voting 'for' Biden, you are voting to keep our country a Constitutional Democracy. If Trump gets in, we are done as a country governed by the rule of law, personal freedom, or even morals.

That being said, I was also very disappointed with Biden's performance. I think they crammed him so full of facts, that he was overloaded just trying to get them all out & let Trump get away with lie after lie after lie. If the Republicans were running Adam Kinzinger or Liz Cheney, I would seriously think about changing my vote; with Trump (whose statements & stated plans could be interchanged with Adolf Hitler's prior to him being elected in Germany)……not voting, writing in a vote etc. will put him back in office.

With a population of 333.3 million, you'd think the United States could come up with two better candidates!

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,326
    Options

Why should a debate be used to be the arbiter for whom to vote? It is a moment in time with questions that do not reflect the merit of a candidate but allows them a chance to address their POV to broad questions based on the public's interests. You may be well-prepared with your responses but then find that you get off script based on your opponents responses when you feel you have to counter or correct what they have said as well as present your POV.

While not wowed by Biden's answers, Trump was so far off script and never addressed the questions asked but pushed his normal rhetoric. I am voting for the man who best reflects what I want in my democracy and that would be Biden due to what he has achieved in the past 4 years. Trump's 4 years were agonal for me and I am not sure I could survive another 4 under his planned anarchy.

I need my Social Security that I have contributed to for the 52 years I worked. I earned it and do not want it to disappear for myself or for anyone who is eligible. Employers do not like having to contribute to this and let's face it the CEO's of some companies are already living off their employees efforts with their inflated salaries and benefits including "golden parachutes". Trickle down hasn't worked and employees are still being cheated by their employers.

A write in vote is a wasted vote and not much different than someone who decides to pass on voting. It invariably rewards the "loser" of the popular vote and could sway the electoral vote to guarantee them the office. We saw this in 2016 when Trump should have lost. Apathy towards Hillary cost the Democrats the electoral vote.

I am voting for the Constitution and for the preservation of Democracy and only one man, warts and all, is running on this ticket, Joe Biden.

• illinoislady
    edited June 28
    Options

No doubt about it, the debate did not go well at all. I am dismayed and disappointed and more determined than ever to stand behind the person who has promised to save democracy. Obviously, that is not the convicted felon who showed up last night to obfuscate and lie during the whole program.

I really thought Pres. Biden would in fact do far better. Like you Betrayal, I do think fire was not fought with fire. So much attention on facts and figures from Biden, Ruth — and no mistake some of it necessary, but so many times I think Pres. Biden did not refute the bold faced lies that Trump spewed non-stop. Just seemed Pres. Biden was too business-like and should have been a bit more of a street fighter.

It is indeed a fact that not voting for Pres. Biden will be a vote for Trump. It is just the way it has always been and we do have the HUGE factor still in this election of the Electoral College vote.

I am hoping that now the Democrats will REALLY see the dangers and come together for sure. We have a much older presidential candidate (who in fact is doing a fantastic job for us and has raised us so far up from where we were) but we also have a much younger VP and who would I'm sure if need be do just as good a job as Pres. Biden. We need to make sure to elect Pres. Biden knowing that we have someone to take over if it is needed. I do understand some of the feelings of panic. Had a couple myself but the truth is that nothing has changed. Last night didn't make Trump any better. He is still a total liar and con who is going to soon be sentenced as a convicted felon. He used 4 yrs. in the WH to enrich himself and others and plans a dictatorship if he regains the WH. Nothing changed. Pres. Biden had a bad night, but one bad night does not make a 'failed' presidency. We need more than ever to unite and get behind our party and our President with a solidity like no other.

• exbrnxgrl
    Options

”Why should a debate be used to be the arbiter for whom to vote? ” - betrayal

Because the optics matter, even if we think they shouldn’t.