Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Options

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 35,524
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    edited June 29
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Partially matching mentalities.

• illinoislady
    Options

He says he won't, but I'm not going to bet even my bottom button on that.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options

Every time and to a tee.

• illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • illinoislady
    Options
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,987
    edited June 29
    Options

You know, I don’t remember that but THANK YOU! It gives me some hope 🙂. I am sorely in need of hope.

• dogmomrunner
    dogmomrunner Member Posts: 493
    Options

I want to thank all of you for the great memes. I’m stealing them to use on Facebook. It’s been a long time since I’ve been here but seriously this is about the only place to see honest true debate about this election. Thank you for that.

I am sticking with Biden. From what I understand switching out now is complicated and if Dems do it, it might be ugly. And of course Trump and the Republicans will claim that Biden was never fit for office. I think that would be a bigger problem. If we all rally around Biden and (at least in public) act like it was one bad night then maybe we can win this election.

I’m sorry to hear about spookiesmom. I always enjoyed her posts.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,216
    Options

I watched something that caused me to think, something that influenced how the debate was viewed that I never considered.

That something was how it was seen by channels that were in Spanish. They never heard Biden’s words, only the interpreter.
    Interesting!

I am so over all of this, no need to listen to political news, look at memes, etc.

I will vote for whoever the Democratic nominee is. Never Trump for obvious reasons! It’s all out of our control so no point in talking about the “what ifs!”

I am off to live life! Nice meeting and sharing with all of you!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,173
    edited June 29
    Options

dogmomrunner, it’s good to have you here, and yes, Spookiesmom is still on my mind, too.

Maverick, I was a registered Republican until Hillary ran for President. My political views were not very well formed. Life was so busy I had little time left to understand politics. For some dumb reason, most of my family was Republican, so I just fell in line with them. When I told them I was voting for Hillary, they said things like, “What!? Ew, why?!” but it was before all the hateful, viciousness ramped up. Before that, tho, I never voted strictly Republican; I’d vote for who I thought best. I voted for Obama. It was one time when a robocall made a difference to me. I was still undecided when I was home on lunch break on election day and my answering machine picked up and it was Caroline Kennedy asking “me” to vote for Obama. I’d long admired her. So I voted for him. Now I will vote for the Democratic presidential candidate if it is a bag of leaves before I ever vote Republican.

Back in the 90s, I even ran for city council as a Republican. I got 48% of the vote and lost. Both of my parents were ill and passed away within nine months of each other in the middle of all that; it was such a difficult time, so I was actually glad I didn’t win.

In the year or so before Hillary ran, I had an epiphany where politics, religion and feminism all converged in my mind, all the puzzle pieces shifted together and the patriarchy came into full view for me. I wasn’t even looking for it! But once I saw it, I could not unsee it. It was like a veil fell off my eyes and I had clarity. Many things started making lots more sense. Including politics.

I don’t remember how I ever learned about this Dead Rocker thread, but it’s been a beacon of light to me!!!!

• illinoislady
    Options

If you're able to be yourself, then you have no competition.
    All you have to do is get closer and closer to that essence.

Barbara Cook

• illinoislady
    Options

Divine, I loved your entry. Mainly as I could see so much of the things I felt around the time of Obama. Others saw his potential and they were people I admired for reasons other than political ones. My life had been busy with so much that politics had taken a back seat for a long, long time. I was in fact though always a registered Democrat. When those I admired started talking about Obama suddenly, I realized I needed to figure out WHAT I really thought about politics so I could make actual "educated" choices. So Obama started me down the road. He and my friend and fellow co-worker realtor Nicole. We worked in the same office and she is in fact a distant relation.

Doesn't matter really how you got here Divine — but it sure is a delight to everyone that you did. Your insights and additions are always so welcome, and I've certainly enjoyed everyone usually finding myself shaking my head yes when reading to no one in particular but feeling just a little silly when I realize it.

• illinoislady
    Options

To all those who are struggling now and I'm thinking exbrnxgrl and MM, even though you may not see it. I ran across something in my reading that allowed me to sit back and think for awhile. Just as I mentioned the fact that former Pres. Obama had a first 'totally' depressing debate with Romney and then came back in the rest with a red-hot fervor that won easily from then on:

I also recall that back when Hillary Clinton ran, she frankly wiped up the floor with Trump with every debate she participated in — she could do no wrong and had him by the short hairs never letting go through any of those debate times —— but because people were complacent in many of the VERY wrong places, like Electoral states, this lady who by all rights bested Trump on EVERY debate and on every ISSUE lost. It is just another lesson in debates. You can be at your highest-level best and do an amazing job of things, and still win the popular vote by a really high margin, but VOTES count, and YOUR vote certainly counts. And you can debate like a total champ, and it COULD end up not meaning so much after all.

That is why people need to calm down about Biden who had the misfortune of a bad cold and a far less then sterling debate performance. He has made the world a far better place, and worked very hard and diligently to give us back an America we can take some pride in again that works for us.

• illinoislady
    Options

So here we are — and the choice should be a lot clearer and easier then we are making it in making one debate a reason to call a PROVEN winner something perhaps less.

• illinoislady
    Options

Of that I'm most sure.

• illinoislady
    Options

Actually, he wasn't so great the first time out but malleable since his political career at that point was over. You revived the guy only to be willing to let him be murdered when he was no longer needed. You'd think all those people so eager for the VP job right now would be just a little 'worried'.

• illinoislady
    Options

A few David Frum thoughts:

“A word to everybody writing, "The Democrats have nobody to blame but themselves" takes ...

The fundamental reason we're in this crisis this morning is that the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower, and Reagan is about to nominate for president a dictator-loving criminal against the Constitution. That disgrace and shame is theirs.

If President Biden had posted an equally poor performance against presumptive GOP nominee Nikki Haley, then in that case yes, the Democrats would have nobody to blame but themselves - too bad for them, but the Constitution would not be in danger.

The Republicans could have nominated somebody else. They chose Trump over many alternatives. They did it because their core voters like and enjoy Trump. Tell me again, who has nobody to blame but themselves?

Last night, operating in the truest spirit of "good people on both sides," a CNN moderator asked President Biden whether he thought that Trump's voters were voting against democracy. Biden evaded the question, as any vote-seeking candidate would and should and must.

But the terrible true answer to the moderator's question is: "Yes." Trump's voters are voting to return to power a president who attempted a coup. Whatever their justifications or rationalizations, that's what they are doing.

Blame Biden's vanity and stubbornness all you like. Tut-tut over the Democratic party's collective action problems if you wish. But the reason we are here is because of Trump and those who vote for him - and those who failed to defend democracy in two impeachment trials.

As we saw last night, the conventions and habits of mass-market media coverage are inadequate to the crisis at hand. A coup against the constitution - first mentioned at minute 41 of the debate - dwindles to one issue among many, alongside food prices and climate change.

Biden failed to do his job properly last night. Democrats failed to head off that failure. But the reason the failure matters so much - as it wouldn't in a Biden-Haley race - is that one of the two great parties is ratifying an attempted coup d'etat. END.

• illinoislady
    Options

Oh yes and sad to say the channels I watch are right up there spewing the same BULL. Too often it plays on our minds by passing the 'truth' we actually know, but after a while the media becomes over-whelming, the truth gets left sitting over in the corner all alone. MM did have a point. Staying away from a lot of the news is far better.

I have (despite having some lapses that have cleared after a short while) quit watching all the news I use to and don't 'look' for other programs that have to do with too many current affairs. I can easily get depressed on a rainy day. No point in allowing "news" to do it constantly - when they are lying to boot.

• illinoislady
    Options

Since I am a Veteran, I've always known this, and it totally pisses me off every time that orange abomination says he set the law in motion.

Did he need help for his fuc***g bone spurs or what ???

• illinoislady
    Options

This is why CNN is farther down on my will watch news viewing list.

• illinoislady
    Options

Just another lesson in HOW do you really want to see things and who do you really want to believe. My hint for what its worth or not — I'm not believing the media on this one.

• illinoislady
    Options

And I thought New York disliked Trump with a passion already. Yet ?????

• illinoislady
    Options