Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,278

Yes, and I think this is the Republicans yes man. I don't think Trump is meant nor wanted to take the reins of

power again, and so I think a replacement is there in line — Trump can get the votes and then good ole' boy Vance will shuffle him right off the hoosegow or a good safe home and he will take over and start taking orders from the ones who we would never, ever elect.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Things like this are why Vance can't be put in as presidential nominee and why someone else would have to win the office before turning it over to Vance.

Hopefully, it is highly transparent to everyone that neither Trump nor Vance is fit to look at the WH let alone spend time in it.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,172

I can’t say it loudly enough, JD Vance is a real threat. He is smart, well educated, articulate, and appears to be a better way to forward the Republican agenda to those who were beginning to waver on trump. He is also totally unrecognizable to me as the man who wrote a book that illuminated many things in my life. It’s like the same body has been taken over by another person.

• exbrnxgrl

I can’t say it loudly enough, JD Vance is a real threat. He is smart, well educated, articulate, and appears to be a better way to forward the Republican agenda to those who were beginning to waver on trump. He is also totally unrecognizable to me as the man who wrote a book that illuminated many things in my life. It’s like the same body has been taken over by another person.

• illinoislady

I could not agree with you more exbrnxgrl. Vance really does scare me, and just for the reasons you say. He is much smarter than Trump. I think he has not one ounce of good feeling for Trump and wouldn't mind a bit stabbing in the back later on. Vance is playing up to Putin as well. Not sure how well that would work as I think Putin had Trump compromised the first time around. Won't work too well with a senile person so Putin needs someone else too. Hmmm. Who knows if he has anything on Vance who would not be as easy as Trump.

There are so many wicked people in our midst, and I'll admit I was quite ignorant about that for a very long time.

• exbrnxgrl

For anyone who read Hillbilly Elegy, I believe his memaw and papaw would be deeply ashamed of what he stands for these days.

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,611
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • illinoislady

It is my calling to treat every human being with grace and dignity, to treat every person, whether encountered in a palace or a gas station, as a life made in the image of God.     -Sheila Walsh

• illinoislady

At the RNC — and he managed to fall asleep during the noisy convention. All I need to know.

• illinoislady

So many of the above memes are spot on. Especially agreed with a couple like the nine lives one on Trump. It is a curious thing in some ways that people with his mental condition walk around and do and say outlandish things that people with even a smidgen of conscience would never do. Not only is there a sense of disbelief to a degree that it is happening, but for some reason — we all think someone else is the better person to adjudicate this event or statement and in truth — no one steps up thinking the 'other' is the correct person to handle it. By the time this happens a few times — the person (Trump in this case) is on their way and that is how someone like him starts into his lifetime passes.

He got caught up with finally although the SC is trying desperately to help him. Not sure yet how that is going to work out and if we win this election as we should, it won't work out at all.

Also that before and after. The Reps. are good at using things (anything almost) in both ways, depending on their needs at the time. So, the fact that they "caused" the shooting event is swept under the carpet as far as possible so they can say basically that violence is not the answer. It's not, but I have to think they got to notice it firsthand this time and then have it be even one of their own.

• illinoislady

My view right now is one that I read earlier that just felt right. That is that the Republican convention is just one big Trump rally right now. There isn't anything truly new. Same old fear tactics especially with immigration and those people coming in and taking black jobs or stupidity like that. We are being spoon fed fear and dismay and hoping we will stay home from the polls.

Somethings just don't change much. Democrats are the ones who have the 'change' to show. The jobs reports, the wellness reports, the monies added to the treasury etc.

I do think from the sound of it (Vance having made so many negative stmts. about Trump) has given us a huge gift to use on him and he may not quite be the savior that many on the Reps. side seem to think. Was reading this morning that he flunked out as Venture Capitalist. He was at his firm about a year and never made one sale. Not much of a record and all he has from the sound of it is a successful book. Perhaps, going into politics is not going to work out too well for him. Especially, if he loses this VP election. In my book that would be TWO major losses to his credit. I'd think he was starting to sound a lot like DJT. A real Bonafide loser.

• illinoislady

And here is the picture of total audacity. Just what I mean about Trump's mental issues allowing him to be in your face and not have it count — but pictures that are dated don't lie. Yet later on in the day he ends up at the convention with a bandaged ear.

Wound, no wound, who knows. The man is a fake from the word go and I do see that rather than trying to win voters over he is once again golfing which is what he most paid attention to during the four years in the WH that were much closer to three since the time he spent golfing took up almost one whole yr.'s worth of time.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

By the way, I watched a video of Guiliani falling. There (far as I could see) was nothing there. He just toppled over for it seemed no reason. Did he have a little liquid pep me up help. Who knows for sure, but I saw nothing in his way. He fell into a row of chairs, but they had nothing to do with the fall itself.

• illinoislady

Al Franken nails it as usual.

• illinoislady

Exactly. The Reps. have given us a world full of material to use and I hope we do it to the hilt.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Needs to be pointed out over and over, period.

• illinoislady

Making the good sense he always does.

• illinoislady

Why they want to generate such an idea is beyond me. How could anyone come to this kind of conclusion. What is wrong with you if you do, I'd like to know.

• illinoislady

Time to lighten up a moment.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Hmmm, what would a Reps. think of this. Need I even ask??