Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
  • illinoislady
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,171

Vance’s wife, Usha , is not an immigrant, but she is definitely a POC!

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Pictures are worth a lot of words.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Playing the shell game - now you see it, now you don't.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574

I was disgusted with Vance’s comments about the cat ladies. Where the —— did that come from? I cannot believe he would attack animal lovers like that. All cat people, of which I am one, should be highly offended and need to vote blue. I do not understand the reasoning behind making such a statement.

• illinoislady

The hallmark of courage in our age of conformity is the capacity to stand on one’s convictions—not obstinately or defiantly (these are gestures of defensiveness, not courage) nor as a gesture of retaliation, but simply because these are what one believes.     -Rollo May

• exbrnxgrl

I know someone remarked earlier that they were not impressed by JD Vance’s intellect. While I firmly disagree with the manner in which he’s using that intellect, I think it’s important to understand why it’s important not to brush it off. David Frum is not a flaming liberal BTW and knew Vance well.

https://apple.news/ANiJ7IL6eQv2FQGG5wH-JrA

• illinoislady

Divine, that caught me off-guard too. I am most definitely a cat lady. I've spent many years rescuing cats and even now have not nearly as many as I use to, but a lot more than most. Our 6 dogs ( rescues) have all passed on, the last just a few months ago, but we just got another. Not a real rescue. Friend had puppies and we were so lonesome for a dog we got one.

Vance seems to want to carry on Trump's animal dislike. Vance has young children and I have no idea if there are any pets in his family, but it does seem interesting that he has taken on the same apparent animal distaste that Trump displays. Well, I'm thinking the guy is trying too hard.

Not knowing I might want it I read a piece just this morning (may turn up if you ask Google) that opined the Reps. are now upset at having encouraged the Vance VP pick. The article seemed to indicate that Trump was told he was doing well enough against the "old" guy Biden that the VP wouldn't even matter. Apparently it matters now as there is some talk of trying to dump Vance. With Trump now being not only the old man, but having to face not only a woman, but an extremely, bright and highly capable woman who is indeed black/Asian things have gone totally upside down. I think also stated was the fact that Trump is already setting the stage for not doing a debate with Harris which we all know he would lose.

Vance is showing way less skill already from a victory march with Trump taken a bit too soon. Vance, while smart in many ways is still more of a novice in the political world —— and the VP pick ALWAS matters. I think we just saw how that plays out.

I don't have any idea if the Reps could even dump Vance or not at this point, but I do know that while there are only a few jabs getting through right now because the change-over from Biden to Harris (perfectly legal and above-board) has flummoxed the sharks (no batteries at the moment) who were out trying to destroy Biden due to age and supposed senility which isn't there. Nothing in the water now but a 19 years younger Democratic VP which has caused such excitement and hope that Trump and Vance have all but fallen off the radar. The media is having to "go with the glow and flow" for now and it is all for Harris.

It will change, but who could understand that and be more ready.

• illinoislady

By their friends you can know them.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited July 23

The problem with Vance, as Frum points out, is his ethical/moral flexibility. A true snake in the grass! I think the reps have no reason to dump Vance as he still has great support with the MAGA crowd but it’s unclear if he will bring in votes from those on the fence (Are there any?). Yes, Biden’s withdrawal brought out cries of unfair, possibly illegal, etc. I would use the word unprecedented. The reality is that Biden , nor anyone, was or is the official Democratic candidate yet so any cries of no fair simply have no foundation.

Though not a cat person (bad allergies), I am a pet person and staunchly defend all responsible pet owners!