Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

exbrnxgrl I assume by their way of thought, that if Trump had brain damage, was slower to respond, or maybe he just couldn't get around like he could prior to the assassination attempt, they would feel they still had to make him the top of their ticket? They will say anything, do anything, to keep the rich in power! Fools!

Democrats MUST save American Democracy!

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,275

My VP pick would be Mark Kelly, but as I said before, I will vote totally BLUE no matter who!

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,574

I think Republicans are throwing everything out there just to get air time. I also think the media is throwing every story out there to try and determine what’ll get clicks; what sound bites can they grab and run with to find a new angle that will convince people to tune in. I’m not watching news now or reading much of anything online. It’s way too much conjecture for me at this point.

The DNC is August 19 to 22 in Chicago.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,265
    Trump Is A Losing Candidate, And Republicans Have A Big Problem

While all of the media focus was on Joe Biden after the debate, the many weaknesses of Donald Trump as a three time candidate were hidden. Now, they will be exposed.

One Biden Decision Has Changed The 2024 Election For Donald Trump

Since the ratification of the 22nd Amendment in 1951, there is a reason why no political party has run the same nominee three times for the presidency. Before the two-term presidential limit, FDR was the only four-time nominee and the only four-time winner in presidential history.

Losing is a requirement for being a three-time nominee.

Republicans have so profoundly bought into the idea that Trump is the only candidate who can get them back to the White House that they ignored what has been a matter of political common sense for more than 70 years, and now they have a massive problem on their hands.

Donald Trump is not only the oldest presidential nominee in American history, but he is also the most recent presidential election loser.

When Biden decided to step aside, the trajectory of the 2024 presidential election flipped.

All those questions about Biden’s age and fitness for office that Donald Trump was hiding behind are gone now.

Trump is the former president and de facto incumbent in the election.

Republicans had built an entire campaign operation around beating Joe Biden. That campaign operation includes years of investigations by Reps. Comer and Jordan into the Bidens.

All of that is completely worthless now.

Joe Biden had a vision for the future, but the ageist media refused to see that one of the most forward-thinking presidents in modern American history happened to be its oldest.

Trump has no vision for the future. Trump’s whole schtick is that things will be great if voters put him back in charge, and then he rambles off about windmills, toilets, sharks, batteries, Hannibal Lecter, electric vehicles, or whatever else pops into his mind. Trump’s RNC acceptance speech was America’s first eyeful of Trump version 2024, and it did not go over well.

• illinoislady

We are getting huge amts. of news and on the Reps. side, they sound totally wet and dirty from being mopped up off the floor. Makes me wonder just how long did they think they could continue to get air time with nothing new to say but the vein of Bidden too old.

They did in fact though get to ignore all that was wrong with their candidate and certainly no one seemed to worried. It is now laughable that the 'tables' whipped around and shoved them for a loop. Not too long to get back up on their feet even if most of it is a bit on the insane and impossible side. I think it hysterical that they did have a campaign and convention that are nearly useless now. Of course they wish to call foul — their chances of loss may be insurmountable with their old senile nominee/candidate.

We don't know that, but I'm rather amazed (I heard the figure that $81,000,000.00 was raised in 24 hours for Harris) and that should help strike pure terror in the heart of EVERY Reps. period.

Honestly, I'm not watching news much more than I was. Even though I'm as excited as anyone, we won't know much for a bit. It is all repetitive and there are a lot of issues to solve — like just what are the Reps. going to come up with. In passing other than trying to spew stupid reasons why they were duped and that the Democrats should give them back their money (have they never heard what needs to happen in hell for some things) it seems like they are going to shift or try to the blame they were heaping on Pres. Biden over to Kamala Harris. Like the border issues etc. I can't see they will impress many with that other than the super loyal Reps. that were going to vote for them anyway. You can't have both jobs at the same time. Harris was Vice Pres. and now she is going to make a fantastic President which I hope with all my heart and soul.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Yep, that's what you do best.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Men are not comfy with her being in office and to that I say, oh well.

• illinoislady
  • dogmomrunner
    dogmomrunner Member Posts: 501
    edited July 22

I would love a Harris/Buttigieg ticket but that would create some hysteria over, gender, race and sexual orientation. It would be nice if Biden taking his time was due to some behind the scenes shoring up of Harris and not the turning on Biden that is seemed to be. I’m excited to back Harris but I would vote for a ham sandwich over Trump and I’m a vegetarian.

• illinoislady

Sure, right.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,171
    edited July 22

I think Buttigieg, though I like him, would be a bridge too far in a country where large numbers of people think being gay is a sin.

I understand that Vance’s wife is getting some blowback because she is brown (Indian immigrant parents, but Usha was born in the US). Racism is a true sickness of the soul.

https://abc7chicago.com/post/jd-vances-wife-usha-chilukuri-faces-racist-online/15080753/

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Lets do it.

• illinoislady

CNN should as well.

• illinoislady

Not resizing due to the link in for the movie.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Aw, she's making him nervous.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

We can't see your flesh colored band aid.