Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

I’m so done with evening network news. David Muir blathered on and on and on and on about TFG last night. Billionaire conservatives must have ahold of his balls. I’m also fed up with their suggesting TFG is ahead on polls in battleground states. I cannot say what’s true in any poll, and I cannot put much stock in any of them no matter who’s taking the poll, but I’m done with all the fear mongering. It’s everywhere, in my newsfeed, on social media, on tv.

And what about algorithms where apparently what you seek out online tends to give you more of that? I never read conservative news sources, but their headlines still rampantly show up on my ipad. I continuously look up union endorsements for Harris, but those stories on the latest unions backing her never make my newsfeed, I have to actively find them.

Even HCR’s newsletter is calling out the difference in media coverage of TFG vs Harris. It’s an outrage that so much bias exists towards the Democratic candidate for President.

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258

The wealth of the soul is the only true wealth.

Lucian

• illinoislady

I'm so with you on that Divine. I guess it is in some ways it is the fight of the century or millennium. Most of the news outlets are owned by rt. wingers and while they have had to give Harris a lot of good press there is still the undercurrent of trying to keep hold of what has made them so much money in the past — the orange FG and maybe that F stands for Fat sometimes.

He should be getting a huge share of negative attention. I do hear his rally in Ashville, NC was pretty much a delusional bust. I also read elsewhere that he is consulting with Cory Lewandowski again. None of that bodes well for FG's mental state. He has gone to the edge and maybe gone part way over. He is not holding up or on well at all. He knows, but his way to respond is basically the opposite of what should be done. Good for our side in the end. It just is the fact that the media is desperate to a degree too maybe. They are nervous about having to give up their cash cow. The orange one. It's been one heck of a long run for them, and they even managed to oust a presidential candidate with their insidious references to mental conditions giving Pres. Biden the one the FG actually suffers. What a total mess they are.

I did stop paying attention and giving them much credit — even when they give decent airtime to Harris. They are in fact going to keep good options open, but I actually think they are indeed fudging big time on those polls. It sells, unfortunately still.

In the end, who knows, the final tally in November if things go well, could be a huge embarrassment for FG and the Reps. Of course, the media will cover up as though they were saving good news for us. Why do they play those games — only money. It's all about the money. If only there were some giant shame to attach to people who worship the almighty dollar instead of truth and justice and democracy.

• illinoislady

Idiot on parade. I'm speechless.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Better late than never.

• illinoislady

Hello sabotage, where ya been.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

HYPOCRIT and that is how you spell what you are.

• illinoislady

To me it says he just does things for personal benefit.

• illinoislady

Again, what is wrong with the hypocrites and their ignorant demands.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

I agree TFG does not do well in public appearances and often seems to fall apart, but the problem is, it doesn’t matter—he just keeps getting coverage. The other thing is that he is merely a figurehead. Republican Maga politicians know he appeals to the base. They don’t care that TFG won’t be capable of doing much legislation, if he gets into office, all they have to do is enact project 2025 and all TFG will have to do is sign all the bills. We really aren’t fighting just TFG. It’s the threat to our democracy that we are fighting against and TFG is just part of the iceberg we see above water. Below the surface is an entire network of those willing to step in and take over at a moment’s notice.

• illinoislady

Very true Divine. I thought exactly the same about FG on his first time in the WH. He is no smarter now then back when. It is just that now he has full blown dementia stealing brain cells which were bad before but not working all the time now. Also, having to face the fact that having pushed so hard and getting lots of media help with it, he and they were able to force Pres. Biden to make a big change.

I guess we have different news feeds as in mine Harris is getting plenty of attention and while FG gets a share of it, often it is not very positive at all.

That is no reason to not be on guard and watchful and to do everything possible to defeat the right with all we have in us. We can't take chances or be complacent. This is why I read so often that we have to try and get the winning margin as high as we can. It would wipe out abilities for the other side to do harm.

I do see FG as just the figurehead and I think at times I've called him that myself. He is a failure at nearly everything he does and only the intention of others keeps him going. That has been one of the saddest parts of where we are — this person should have been wiped out long ago. Long before he ever 'thought' up running for high office.

The other thing I often think about is that it definitely will take the Democrats winning as many elections in a row as we can so that we can enact as many safeguards as possible, along the way so that all the negatives that have made life so difficult since Reagan started our downfall, can be adjusted or totally repaired if possible. It's daunting but has to be.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady