Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
    edited August 22
  • illinoislady
  • betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/trumpy-trout-advertisement-features-talking-fish-head-resembling-donald-trump/vi-AA1pgeVw?ocid=windirect&cvid=7c85b4324f9e452ab5c95d3498e2890f&ei=94

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,504

I'm enjoying Day #4 of the convention!

Off topic: Divine, the pummel horse guy from the Olympics is going to be on DWS this fall!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,504

Apparently Trump made such an unhinged phone interview to FOX news last night after the convention that they cut him off!

• illinoislady

Forgiveness enables you to bury your grudge in the icy earth and put the past behind you. You flush resentment away by being the first to forgive. Forgiveness fashions your future. It is a brave and brash thing to do. The gutsiest decision you can make. As you forgive others, winter will soon make way for springtime as fresh joy pushes up through the soil of your heart. Forgiveness is a stunning principal, your ticket out of hate and fear and chaos. I know what regret feels like; I’ve earned my credentials. But I also know what forgiveness feels like, because God has so graciously forgiven me. Forgiveness frees you of the past so you can make good choices today.     -Barbara Johnson

• illinoislady

It was a wonderful night at the DNC convention and Kamala was at the tip top of the game. She hit it so far out of the park I think it is still going. In any case, it seems Loon Trump was going to give a blow-by blow of her speech. Not sure, but I think he rapidly became so incensed that he called into Fox. Quite wisely, they offed him as soon as they could. His ranting and raving was only going to hurt him and it sure wasn't going to do Fox any good.

It almost sounds to me (if some of the report I read is true) as if the Loon is starting to grovel a little. He had a little praise for Gov. Kemp. Now that is something and certainly would be indicative of lots of Loon fear. He generally expects others to grovel to him. Time will tell and reactions will be interesting to see I think since it was such a fantastic Harris acceptance.

There is an absolute difference in tone when you are accepting of everyone and want them to have good in their life and are willing to help them achieve it and when you are only out for yourself and your purse, and the devil be dammed to anyone or anything beyond that.

• illinoislady

This was the first contribution of the Loon's play-by-play of DNC convention night #4. Are you kidding me?? Makes me think he's all the way before either of the conventions and certainly before Pres. Biden handed the reins to Kamala.

• illinoislady

I'm pretty sure this is an older pic since reference to Home Alone, but I have to admit this one has always been ugly to me and mainly due to his evilness from mental disorders. He has evil intents, and evil means, and every time I see him I feel a huge amt. of distaste. Evil is so strong it leaks out all over.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

I managed to watch quite a few speeches last nite, including Kamala Harris!!!

I kept switching around to different news stations whenever the commentators started blabbing to find one that was airing a speech, and that seemed to work out well. I caught Adam Kinzinger’s speech and both Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly’s speeches.

I was completely in love with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and her speech filled with ATTITUDE. She looked fabulous. She began by saying TFG tried insulting her by calling her that “woman from Michigan”, and then gave a big shoulder swipe F.U. to indicate his words meant z.i.l.c.h. to her. It was perfection! She is truly a force.

Comedian D.H. Hugely had some of the best jokes of the night: “I don't blame Donald Trump for not wanting to debate Kamala. I've been married to a Black woman for 40 years and I ain't won one debate. I'm 0-93,000." 

On the subject of Trump's questioning Harris' race with Black journalists last month: "I guarantee you this. Kamala has been Black a lot longer than Trump has been a Republican.” (TFG changed political affiliation five times, registering as a Democrat in 2001.)

One of the most powerful speeches was former Sec. of Defense Leon Panetta, who addressed national security and the armed forces. In his speech, he said: "I've looked into the eyes of our warriors and deployed them into battle. I gave the order directing our special operations forces to fly two helicopters 150 miles into Abbottabad at night and, by the time the sun rose, Osama Bin Laden was dead.”

And then Maya Harris, Kamal’s sister, spoke. I have to admit I did not even know she had a sister. She’s gorgeous, and she, too, has wonderful presence.

I thought Kamala Harris looked fantastic! And gave an historical speech!!!!

• divinemrsm
  • divinemrsm

Btw, Ruth, I love that pommel horse guy from the Olympics is a DWTS contestant!

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Just a small note here. After listening to VP Harris last night, I am trying to not feel sooo excited. So many things there are to go wrong, even though I know how many have gone right to make a time like last night happen. I guess I am sort of back in 2008 - nervous as all get out about what lies ahead but my anticipation is almost all positive.

Almost a shame how we are just a bit nervous about being exuberant over the beautiful idea that we could not only this time get a woman president, but that it would be someone like Kamala who can REALLY and unflinchingly identify with us, who knows us heart and soul. There is hard work ahead, but I believe hope and joy is one of the best messages there is. Vengeance and destruction will never cut it.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Left it large to see the splotchy face. Looks unwell as well as un-kempt. Rt. shoulder sagging, rather miserable. Just an impression but he looks like life is miserable right now for him and in reality, it likely is.