Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258

No doubt in my mind.

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164

If your state isn't yet part of the National Popular Vote Compact, check if there is a grassroots group in your area. It's a state-by-state way of backdooring the EC. Basically, if enough states to win the EC pledge to commit their delegates to whomever wins the popular vote, it will trigger into effect. Then the popular vote winner will be guaranteed the delegates to win the EC. State participation is getting really close to the 50% point. Happily, my state has pledged!

• miriandra
    miriandra Member Posts: 2,164
    edited August 23

I got some exciting news! I've been invited to show my uni swimsuit line at a runway show in New York! It's a small, niche event, but it's still an exciting opportunity. If anyone is planning on visiting NYC in early October, please join us and cheer other survivors. 🤩😎

• betrayal
    betrayal Member Posts: 2,609

Where's the hole in his right ear?

• betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal
  • betrayal

Thank you Hillary.

• betrayal
  • exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170
    edited August 23

I watched the entire DNC! Considering how down, and news avoidant, I had been, this was nothing short of a miracle. I grin from ear to ear just seeing Kamala’s face and I love when she laughs. The positivity, patriotism, and welcoming invitation to work toward a society in which everyone has equal rights and opportunities was a sharp contrast to to RNC’s*almost apocalyptic vision of our country. Thank you Kamala and Tim for helping restore my hope 💗

*I watched about 10 minutes of the RNC. That was more than enough.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,504

Mirianda, that is awesome. Congratulations!

• ruthbru
  • ruthbru

I generally don't put my political views on Facebook, but the treatment of the Walz son made me so mad that I shared Illinois's post (which I will put below) along with my thoughts.

*The underage children of candidates (from either party) should be off limits.

*mocking anyone for a handicapping condition is never, ever, ever, ever acceptable. Period.

*mocking a child for loving and being very proud of his/her parent is mean spirited and makes you are very, very small person.

* End of rant

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 92

Even if Gus Walz didn't have a disability, he is a teenager who was so proud of being the son of such a good man that he was moved to tears. What the hell is so wrong with that? We should all be so lucky.

• illinoislady

Well, of course I agree so very strongly. I too was incensed to find young Gus Walz used as fodder to be destructive and mocking towards Democrats. Gus, you are one lovable young man. It is wonderful to see love openly displayed toward one's parents/elders. It has long been an un-written rule that children are off limits in the high offices of the political arena, but for years now so many of the Reps. party members have been going downhill and just ignoring many of the norms, because the FG ignores them. They appear so many times to have no shame left at all. Wish they'd stop and think about what THEY have become these last few years. I wish they'd suddenly see and understand how mean-spirited and un-attractive they have allowed themselves to be all in service to a person who barely knows they are alive and likely cares less. If good parts are there in you Republicans oh how badly you are wasting them.

• exbrnxgrl
    edited August 23

It is vile that anyone would attack a minor for being… human. The fact that so many Reps see unrestrained cruelty to any and all as proof of strength and toughness is beyond the pale.

• exbrnxgrl

illinois lady,

You used the term mean spirited. It’s bizarre that so many Reps now see cruelty and mean spiritedness as a substitute for real courage and strength or even a cogent political platform.

• illinoislady

Miriandra, my state is one of those states, thank goodness. Also wanted to say, apparently the FG's picture was from just now. That is extraordinary. I really thought it was an earlier one. Wow — he just may be in some trouble.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited August 23

Wow, miriandra, very impressive for your uni swimsuit line to be shown on a NYC runway! Congratulations!

Re: Gus Walz. We all know the Republican playbook. If one of the kids of a Rep politician is somehow targeted, they call foul, but they are free to attack at will any Democrat, no matter the age or circumstance.

So I see RFKJr dropped out of the race to form an alliance with FG. The Kennedys must be aghast, to say the least, at their relative’s grab for power, going against everything JFK and RFK stood for, fought for, lost their lives for. It’s tragic. And Republicans who’ve gone off the deep end—which is far too many—don’t have a problem with this.

• divinemrsm
  • ruthbru
  • ruthbru

I could not love this picture more!

• divinemrsm

Grandson of John F. and Jackie Kennedy
    Son of Caroline Kennedy and Ed Schlossberg

• illinoislady

Ruth, that is a special picture. I like it so much to.

Divine, it is wonderful to know that the biggest part of the Kennedy's are bright capable people and as Grandson Jack S. mentioned obviously not for sale like Robert Kennedy. It is just not Robert here, but the fact that his choices are in your face and therefore a possible reflection on the rest of his family. I'm glad it would seem as though many of them may choose Kamala as Jack plans on doing. I know there are more of the Kennedy's who were quite un-happy with Cousin Robert's choices and the fact that not only choosing FG but as well spewing conspiracies and denigrating vaccinations (thinking Covid here) and made statements to that effect. Painful when you live your life with a pretty fair amt. of decorum and someone like Robert just nearly shreds your diligence, attention to laws, norms, and puts something of a stain for you to wipe away. I never felt bad for them as such because they are so upstanding, but I did sense their distress about it all. They are a real credit, unlike Robert.