Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,258
  • illinoislady

Keep the light on.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
    edited August 24

BREAKING: Donald Trump gets slammed with bombshell bad news as a dozen lawyers from Republican administrations formally endorse Kamala Harris — and brutally trash MAGA.

This is utterly humiliating...

"We endorse Kamala Harris and support her election as President because we believe that returning former President Trump to office would threaten American democracy and undermine the rule of law in our country," the lawyers wrote in a letter shared with Fox News Digital.

The letter was timed for release today, just a day after Harris delivered her historic nomination acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention. The lawyers served in the Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush administrations.

The lawyers "urge all patriotic Republicans, former Republicans, conservative and center-right citizens, and independent voters to place love of country above party and ideology and join us in supporting Kamala Harris."

"Donald Trump’s own Vice President and multiple members of his Administration and White House Staff at the most senior levels – as well as former Republican nominees for President and Vice President – have already declined to endorse his reelection," they wrote.

They also zeroed in on "the profound risks presented by his [Trump's] potential return to public office. Indeed, Trump’s own Attorney General and National Security Adviser have said unequivocally that Donald Trump is unfit for office, dangerous, and detached from reality."

"Trump’s attempt to prevent the peaceful transfer of power after losing the election proved beyond any reasonable doubt his willingness to place his personal interests above the law and values of our constitutional democracy," they added.

"We cannot go along with other former Republican officials who have condemned Trump with these devastating judgments but are still not willing to vote for Harris," they wrote. "We believe this election presents a binary choice, and Trump is utterly disqualified."

According to them, Trump "was guilty of grave wrongdoing to our Constitution, democracy, and rule of law, and who remains unfit, dangerous, and detached from reality."

We are witnessing Donald Trump's campaign collapse before our very eyes. Keep up the pressure and continue to loudly voice your support for Harris, we're going to win this thing!

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Frightening and dangerous. Steer clear.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Nailed.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Several times lately I've been startled by seeing a strong resemblance in the youngster. All I can hope is that he learns from example and will try if possible to live with higher standards (much higher) than I am pretty sure he actually sees from his kin.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Boom.

• illinoislady

Love it.

• illinoislady

Sorry you must go through this, but so happy that you are so true to your principles. That you to signers of this message.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Just reading it brought tears to my eyes again.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Which family picture is yours???

• illinoislady

Long past time to do away with it. Time for everyone to be sure THEIR vote really does cost the most.

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573

Ruth, here’s the mic drop moment you mentioned in Harris’s speech

• illinoislady

That you Divine. That was just as powerful as when she first said.

• illinoislady

Since we mainly listen to either CNN or MSNBC the most, we have heard a lot of the replays from Thursday. I think for the most part FG stayed quiet but really went off on Thursday night. In fact, I'm wondering if he has recovered much. The whole 4 days our viewership was higher and of course, I know our convention was better and was deserving.

As well, more people tuned in for Kamala's final night/speech. FG is so obsessed with numbers. How odd in a way that it is his indication of his worth, and even more so when about the only time his numbers are or have been higher it is usually the rallies. I heard it mentioned with those people actually fall asleep in the rallies and it is quite common for people to get up fairly early and leave.

I understand — it is hard to listen to a lying whiner over and over with nothing what-so-ever new. In fact, for people like us that get our nerves rubbed raw listening to the lies even some new things would cause a desire to remove oneself.

Sometimes I really wonder if it will be as close as we seem to hear all the time. That is no reason to let down the guard in anyway, but when I hear a lot of the numbers, including Reps. that plan to vote Harris I start to think about the fact that Biden got 81,000,000 votes and was well past the FG. Well, I certainly hope we get a lot past FG so that the cheats and lawsuits and other things won't have much standing. As well. I am thinking there may not be as many trying to start trouble for FG — especially if he really does lose. I mean those who are in jail right now will definitely not get their 'pardon's' and if you know for sure in advance it will not be taken kindly if you were to try to instigate problems of that nature — I'd think it would tend to cool the jets pretty seriously.

• illinoislady

If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair.  We'd never
    have a friendship.  We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical.
    Well, that's nonsense.  You've got to jump off cliffs all the time
    and build your wings on the way down.

Ray Bradbury

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,504

*from the real Robert Kennedy!

• divinemrsm

Today I see a headline where TFG sounds like he’s gonna back out of the debate next month. WHO is surprised?

And HCR’s most recent newsletter writes that “TFG shared a post calling him and RFKJr the strongest antiestablishment ticket in American history.” HRC then drolly points out: “But of course, Kennedy is not on the ticket. JD Vance is.” Touché!

• divinemrsm