Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I say YES. YOU say NO....Numero Tre! Enjoy!

Comments

• illinoislady
    illinoislady Member Posts: 38,211
    edited September 5
  • illinoislady

So hard to believe even his most faithful can listen to a recitation like this one. Gives such meaning to being off one's rocker. He is off all of his rockers.

• illinoislady

Called sick and demented.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Wow !!

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Wake up, please.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Working on it.

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

And he wasn't even really senile then, just terribly stupid.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,170

Tried to find a source for this MTG comment but all I found was another satirical gem by Andy Borowitz. Still funny and very tongue in cheek!

September 5,2024

Drew Angerer/AFP via Getty Images

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Revealing a major schism within the Republican Party, on Thursday Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene lambasted Sen. JD Vance, calling the Ohio senator “totally unhinged.”

“I have remained silent on this issue, but I can do so no longer,” the congresswoman said. “I have been listening to the things Senator Vance says on the campaign trail, and they are the ravings of a lunatic.” 

Greene warned that the party “will go down to certain defeat” if Vance remains on the ticket, and proposed herself as a possible replacement.

“If asked to serve I will,” she said, adding that she would restore “much-needed gravitas to the Republican ticket.”

Greene said that she did not know what was causing Vance’s bizarre utterances, but observed that they were consistent with long-range laser burns to the brain.

• illinoislady

My apologies are in order. I got in a hurry (being annoyed by some interruptions to my computer session) and did not remember to say anything about my source. You are correct exbrnxgrl, it was indeed from my copy of Borowitz Report.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 47,498

Great memes all. I totally agree that the only way we are going to get any gun legislation passed is to remove right wing politicians from office. Perhaps the politicians who vote against sensible gun control should be charged with aiding & abetting in murder.

• ruthbru

Divine, I put an update on our Dancing With the Stars page. If any of the rest of you are fans, come join us!

• ruthbru
  • ruthbru
  • divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,573
    edited September 6

Ladies,

I’m here and very invested (the election is my #1 interest!) but currently still getting over Covid while also traveling to Pittsburgh for radiation treatments. The hospital is 10 minutes from the Wm Penn Omni Hotel in downtown Pittsburgh where Kamala Harris is staying till Tuesday’s debates, so I was in her radius yesterday!

I’m angered with the Georgia shootings and surrounding events and JD Vance’s tone deaf comments on how school shootings are a fact of life, and pissed at his other removed from reality words that maybe Gramps and Granma can help with child care. You know, while Republicans give more tax credits to fucking Elon Musk and other billionaires. I’m sorry, but I’m not even diluting the f word here. It’s just sheer bullshit.

Am glad to read of these endorsements. The link provides full list.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2024/09/06/harris-endorsed-trump-murdoch-yelp-snap-ripple.html

Eighty-eight corporate leaders endorse Harris in new letter, including CEOs of Yelp, Box

Megan Cassella

WASHINGTON — Eighty-eight current and former top executives from across corporate America have endorsed Vice President Kamala Harris for president in a new letter shared exclusively with CNBC.

Among the signers are several high-profile CEOs of public companies, including Aaron Levie of Box, Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp and Michael Lynton, chairman of Snap. 

Other signers appear to be issuing their first public endorsements of Harris since she became the de facto Democratic nominee in July.

They include James Murdoch, former CEO of 21st Century Fox and an heir to the Murdoch family media empire, and crypto executive Chris Larsen, co-founder of the Ripple blockchain platform.

Other notable signers are philanthropist Lynn Forester de Rothschild, private equity billionaire José Feliciano, Twilio co-founder Jeff Lawson, and D.C. sports magnate Ted Leonsis, owner of the NBA’s Washington Wizards, WNBA’s Mystics and the NHL’s Washington Capitals.

The three-page list also includes a slate of longtime Democratic political donors, like Kleiner Perkins’ John Doerr, Insight partners Deven Parekh and Jeffrey Katzenberg, the founder and managing partner of Wndr and former chairman of Walt Disney Studios.

Another subset of names are people who have supported Harris in particular since her political campaigns in California, like the philanthropist Laurene Powell Jobs, Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz and NBA Hall-of-Famer and billionaire businessman Magic Johnson.

More than a dozen of the signers made their fortunes on Wall Street: Tony James, the former president and COO of Blackstone and founder of Jefferson River Capital; Bruce Heyman, former managing director of private wealth at Goldman Sachs; Peter Orszag, CEO of Lazard and Steve Westly managing director of the Westly Group and a former Tesla board member. 

Still more are prominent in Silicon Valley, including the venture capitalist Ron Conway, entrepreneur Mark Cuban, and former LinkedIn CEO Reid Hoffman.

• illinoislady

Our imagination is the most important faculty we possess.  It can be our greatest resource or our most formidable adversary.  It is through our imagination that we discern possibilities and options.  Yet imagination is no mere blank slate on which we simply inscribe our will.  Rather, imagination is the deepest voice of the soul and can be heard clearly only through cultivation and careful attention.  A relationship with our imagination is a relationship with our deepest self.

Pat B. Allen

• illinoislady

Wishing you well Divine with Covid and the radiation.

I'm with you. I'm getting to the point where I feel for Vance as strongly as I do the FG. They sound very much alike. I'm with you — the statement on school shootings. How easy to be blase' when it is not you and your family. He has about as much empathy as the orange one which is less than none.

It is heartening to hear about all the endorsements. I think in addition to other things a lot of the businesspeople realize that FG actually (despite any books and tv shows) has no idea how business actually works and in the short end things would seem good but it would have no lasting quality at all. In addition, we would be trillions more in debt. His tax cuts set to end next year but he would extend them permanently and pay for everything with tariffs — right.

I really do wonder at election time what will really happen. Many of the people I know wonder why there is any question when it comes to who to vote for. I still question loyalty to party because a lot of the Reps. (Liz Chaney is one) realize that the party in its present state won't survive. Small wonder — it is a den of thieves.

• illinoislady
  • divinemrsm
    edited September 6

Former Vice President Dick Cheney will vote for Harris, his daughter Liz Cheney says

Sept. 6, 2024

Former Vice President Dick Cheney will cast his ballot for Vice President Kamala Harris, his daughter, former Rep. Liz Cheney, said during an interview on Friday.

Both Cheneys are Republicans, and the elder served under President George W. Bush. The younger Cheney has become one of former President Donald Trump’s most prominent conservative critics.

"Dick Cheney will be voting for Kamala Harris," the former congresswoman said Friday during an interview at the Texas Tribune Festival when asked in an interview if she knew who her father would vote for. 

"If you think about the moment that we’re in, and you think about how serious this moment is, my dad believes and he’s said publicly that there’s never been an individual in our country who is as grave a threat to our democracy as Donald Trump is," Cheney said. "And that’s the moment that we’re facing."

• divinemrsm

"Republican Voters Against T#&#: We are blanketing the swing states with over 80 new billboards featuring former T#&# voters who are voting for Kamala Harris as a part of our new $11.5 million swing state ad blitz."

• ruthbru

Divine, good luck with radiation & kicking Covid. Say hi to Kamala, or wave at her hotel, for me.

The world has turned upside down when I'm on the same page as Dick Cheney. He has more integrity than I ever thought.

“In our nation’s 248-year history, there has never been an individual who is a greater threat to our republic than Donald Trump. He tried to steal the last election using lies and violence to keep himself in power after the voters had rejected him. He can never be trusted with power again. As citizens, we each have a duty to put country above partisanship to defend our Constitution. That is why I will be casting my vote for Vice President Kamala Harris.” Dick Cheney

• illinoislady

I love the billboards. I'm also not totally surprised by Dick Cheney. Conservative Reps. pretty much have been left behind in the party as it has become more and more Trumpian. FG has made it possible for hell to freeze over. Well, no crystal ball here, but I really do think most (especially Conservatives) in the Reps. party know they want the Reps. party to survive, but no party will truly survive if V.P. Harris doesn't win. So, I'm really glad so many are finally stepping out and saying so.

We all knew for some time that many of the Reps. were not happy with the FG. Still one little word or glance and seemingly that was all it took for them to fall in line. I do think (despite many not saying much) that they finally know they MUST be rid of him to be able to do anything within or for their party. I'll forgive them this time their spineless behaviors if they vote for Harris.

Listening to the news on the way here. Judge Merchan is going to hold off sentencing FG till after the election. I think that is very wrong. While some slight concessions could have been allowed, the truth is FG has in many ways remained in charge all the way. True he was convicted, but the SC has tried its best to boost him and, in my view, we have all endured the torture this degenerate con dished out (and still is) and so what about an election. No one else would get such great treatment. They'd be sitting in Rikers right now. He got his and it is high time we got ours.

I guess we are going to have to wait and get V.P. Harris elected. But, he still could have been sentenced. He will appeal it anyway so likely whatever was to happen was already going to have a time lag. Can you tell that I'm highly disappointed.

• illinoislady

Is this for real:

Endorsing a cop killer. How novel..

• illinoislady
  • illinoislady

Good for you Canada — hope we are rid of a whole bunch next election.

• illinoislady

I present to you the WEAVE in action: