Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Has anyone here with mbc/stage iv had Covid?

Options

Comments

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Just FYI as one of the trials reported today, current avail data shows convalescent plasma is not more effective than placebo.

(UK study, reported today) "The preliminary analysis based on 10,406 randomised patients with 1873 reported deaths shows no significant difference in the primary endpoint of 28-day mortality." https://www.recoverytrial.net/news/statement-from-...

(Argentine study, NEJM Nov 2020) "No significant differences were observed in clinical status or overall mortality between patients treated with convalescent plasma and those who received placebo" https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa203130...

I understand the UK study was probably large enough to do a subgroup analysis so we might find some groups *do* benefit but right now we don't have data.

• moissy
    moissy Member Posts: 371
    Options

Moth - You bring up an excellent point that all COVID therapeutics are still being studied as scientists try to gather data on the go.

My understanding is that monoclonal antibody treatment is different that convalescent plasma, although monoclonal antibody treatment doesn't have a large body of proven research data on it yet either. Monoclonal antibody seems to be considered a "reasonable" option for those who are at high risk of serious COVID illness, according to the Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA). That high-risk category includes "those who are currently receiving immunosuppressive treatment." according to the IDSA. The small study I saw referenced below reduced the number of COVID patients that required hospitalization, We need more data, that's for sure! Thanks for that reminder.

In the meantime, Divine, I hope you are feeling better very soon! Heart Sending best wishes your way!

Monolonal Antibodies, Trials, Guidelines from IDSA

"Monoclonal Antibodies Could Ease Record COVID Hospitalizations, Why aren't they being used more?"

• IllinoisNancy
    IllinoisNancy Member Posts: 99
    Options

Hi All,

I had Covid right before Christmas. It kicked my butt for a week. Extreme fatigue, nausea and loss of taste and smell. It was tough but doable. I never had a fever or cough. I quit taking my Ibrance when I got it but have started back up again. Good luck with your recovery!

Nancy

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 6,033
    Options

Thank you everyone for your welcome words of advice and healing comments. They mean so much to me.

Dh tested positive too. His symptoms are milder and different from mine. He’s only a little under the weather and is able to fix us small meals like eggs or soup and do small household chores.

I was instructed to stop the Xeloda. I still cough and have an on and off fever and cannot get too far out of bed other than to go to the bathroom. At rest, I feel okay and dh and I watched tv together tonight for several hours. Haha, what we usually do anyway without covid! But now we don’t have to isolate from each other. I have little to no appetite.

Today was slightly better than yesterday and I think it’s because I stopped the Xeloda. I ‘m hoping tomorrow I’m at least slightly better than today after a good night’s sleep.

It is wonderful and comforting to know what a caring group of women you all are. I’m so grateful to have you in my corner.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 965
    Options

Divine,

Thanks for checking in. I hope that both you and DH get a good night's sleep and feel better tomorrow. Prayers for a continued full recovery.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,882
    Options

sorry to hear that you have gotten covid. My son had it Christmas Eve. It can be a bear. Take good care of yourself.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

Thank you for posting Divine. I know you don’t likely feel like it but it keeps the mother hen in all of us from sending out the reserves! Ha!

Hoping you turn the corner on this nasty bug very quickly. As you gathered, we’re all here in your corner.

• tinkerbell107
    tinkerbell107 Member Posts: 289
    Options

Divine: Gosh, Sorry to hear that you have Covid as well as your spouse. Hopefully you both turn the corner soon.

For the ladies that had Covid it's refreshing to learn that you recovered despite having some difficulties.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,058
    Options

Divine: I hope you bounce back fast. And your DH. Please don't let you become a long hauler. Covid is just one more sh*t storm we have to confront.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071
    Options

Divine, I am sorry that you are still feeling sick and that your DH also has Covid. At least you can keep each other company and don’t have to distance from each other. I do hope you are both better soon. Don’t push it. Make sure you take it easy until you are truly better

Hugs from Lynne

• anotherone
    anotherone Member Posts: 545
    Options

I had covid.

Has been light for me.

I must say it was a relief to have it not bad and having gone through it

• Kjones13
    Kjones13 Member Posts: 662
    Options

well crap! So sorry you and dh are having to go through this! Sending healing thoughts your way. Keep us updated if you feel up to it.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,587
    Options

I called GP this morning due to suspected sinus infection symptoms (the pressure in my ears last weekend was insane!) as I have a long history of them and usually get one around this time of year. Was asked to isolate, send partner to pharmacy to get the antibiotics, and take a Covid test. They said right now its predominately presenting as upper respiratory/cold like symptoms. I happened to have a testkit at home as I had requested one a few days after Christmas when I had such a runny nose and congestion and one night felt panicky like I couldn't breathe (but no cough or fever), but that cleared up after a few days. Just took it and put it in the priority mailbox end of the street, so I guess we will find out tomorrow or Thursday.

My last MO appt was the 4th and I sat in the waiting room quite some time before treatment and more than a few people came a little too close. Its a "cold" hospital and doesn't host Covid patients, but who knows what people track in.

Divine - I hope you are doing better!

• divinemrsm
    Options

It is day 10 since the onset of covid symptoms. It feels like the virus is finally starting to loosen its grip. Some head congestion I wasn’t really aware I had seems to be breaking up. The fever seems to be lessening. I am still in bed all day. If I can get a shower today it will be monumental.

Sondra, am glad you took the test, you just never know. Hope it is negative

• moissy
    Options

Divine -So glad that things seem to be improving, if even just a little. Sending get well wishes your way. Hope you are back on your feet soon!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 760
    Options

hi all

Thankful for this thread it gives me hope. glad those here who have had covid are coming through ok

Looks like I may be joining the cancer & covid club. My 2 adult sons had symptoms(they live together and one son has a friend who tested positive) so we all tested on Sunday. Boys had the quick test and are positive. Hubby’s came back quickly as positive on Monday. I’m still waiting for my results.. hubby and I did the brain tickler long test because we weren’t really symptomatic

Hubby now has the cough, mild fatigue and body aches. I don’t have the cough but my achy joints could be from my trial med. I am woozy headed. No fever, oxygen is good. Still have taste/smell

I am already on a blood thinner. Our PCP wants us both to have the monoclonal antibodies if/when I test positive. I am waiting to see if the trial will approve.

I get to stay on my trial meds! It is a serd so it should not affect me with covid. I have to postpone my IVIG due to quarantine. I missed this week’s trial appointment and quarantine will throw off my biopsy. Stupid cancer, stupid covid.
    Dee

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Dee..thinking of you.

• theresa45
    theresa45 Member Posts: 238
    Options

Dee - Praying that your husband and sons will have a mild COVID case and that you will remain COVID-free.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Thanks for the well wishes.

My PCR test from Sunday was negative! My quick test from yesterday was also negative. I am waiting for the report from yesterday’s PCR test.

Meanwhile my hubby is in the bedroom and feeling very rough. He had the monoclonal antibody infusion this morning. Hopefully that will help him over the hump. He is stressing that he may still give it to me.

My MO said I don’t need to retest if I am negative unless I become symptomatic. I only need to quarantine until 10 days after my hubby tested positive. The trial site does not need another negative test to proceed with appointments after quarantine, so I am on track for a trial biopsy on Feb 2.

Dee

• divinemrsm
    Options

I still feel pretty bad. Not getting out of bed. Dh has to bring me meals and its hard to eat with no appetite. I am hoping there is some relief soon to this totally depleted feeling.

• theresa45
    theresa45 Member Posts: 238
    Options

DivineMrsM - I hope that you will start feeling better soon! I'm glad that your husband is taking good care of you! Even if you're not able to eat much, try to drink fluids.

BevJen - Very happy to hear about your negative Covid tests! I hope that the monoclonal antibodies infusion speeds your husband's recovery. It's always stressful being off-treatment while qualifying for a trial, so I'm happy to hear that your pre-trial biopsy will not need to be delayed!

Theresa

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    Options

Divine, I'm so sorry that this is still knocking the stuffing out of you. Make sure you keep your fluid levels up. I hope that horrid virus leaves your system soon!

Sorry... edited to add, great news Dee! Happy to hear that this is not going to sideline your treatment.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

divine- I’m so sorry you feel so horrible. Is it too late to get the monoclonal antibodies? My MO is all for it- supposed to help you over the virus with less symptoms.

De

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,741
    Options

Dee, Great news! My BIL had quite a few problems with Covid but my sister taped off the kitchen and her designated area of the house with the yellow caution tape and just took him food and snacks and she never got infected! She's a physical therapist in Kansas and so already got her vaccine. The antibodies should be very useful and for some reason aren't used as much as they should, but just remember it means your immune system didn't really mount its own immune response to the virus, so you want to be sure to get the vaccine anyway once its all cleared..

• sondraf
    Options

Text this morning at 6am that my test was negative which is good to know. Still may explore taking an antibody test at some point. MO told me to hold the Ibrance while on the docycycline prescribed for the sinus infection, but actually it will help me realign my drug/blood schedule from Friday (old MO) to Monday (new MO) so I will only be off about 10 days instead of 14.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

sondra glad you are negative.

My 2nd PCR test was negative. But, I am symptomatic. I have a worsening cough with chest pain, headache, fatigue and body aches(probably from my trial drug). I don’t know if the pain is from a flair up of my costochondritis from coughing or from the virus.

MO told me to wait until Mon/Tues and if I am not better to get a 3rd test. Call if I start a fever or oxygen levels drop.

This is so frustrating. Do I have a chest cold or covid? My hubby got the antibody infusion and is almost back to normal.

Dee

• [Deleted User]
    Options

well I tested positive today. No surprise. My symptoms worsened yesterday so I went to another walk-in clinic. I called my MO’s service and the oncall nurse added it to my chart so first thing Monday morning I will get referred for antibody infusion.

Wonder if the fact I had my 2nd pneumonia vaccination on Jan 12 made a difference in why I did not test positive for covid sooner. My hubby and sons all tested positive on the 17th. The body is an amazing thing!!

yesterday was quite unpleasant but today is better- fever broke and coughing is less. It is scary to have it, but I hope to be on the mend soon and not have to feel so anxious all the time about catching it.

DEE

• sondraf
    Options

Dee - that is a bummer for sure but at least you got confirmation that it was, indeed, covid! Glad that you are starting to turn the corner and can get the therapy if needed.

Divine - how are you doing?

• divinemrsm
    Options

Dee, sorry you tested positive. But crazy it took three tests to determine. Good that you followed your instincts, tho. I hope the antibody infusion helps. I was never offered any.

Today I am doing better. After 13 days my fever finally broke. The cough is much less which helps because constant coughing wears you down and wears you out. I have an appetite and have been able to do small chores like fold my laundry and straighten up the kitchen and put some dishes away. It still takes a lot out of me to get a shower, but I’ve gotten one every day for the last three or four days and even dry and curl my hair. I was also able to give the cat a much needed brushing, she’s shedding like a banshee. Dh is out of quarantine and goes back to work tomorrow.

I’m happy to be this far along in recovery. Things seem to be getting back to a bit of normalcy around here.

• moissy
    Options

Divine - So very happy to hear that you are on the mend.

Dee- Hope you are feeling better soon