Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Options

Comments

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,719
    edited February 2023
    Options

Mae, time for a little visit to the beach bar to celebrate. I’m so happy for you. See you Monday.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,087
    edited February 2023
    Options

Great news, Mae!

• temerarious
    temerarious Member Posts: 22
    edited February 2023
    Options

Mae -

Thank you for posting. I'm so glad to know how you are doing, and I am very happy to hear the news.

Start of week 3 with this job - it's getting a little intense, but I've been able to maintain my walking and yoga.

I really appreciate Melissa suggesting that I post here. It's nice to have a connection, even though it's not the same as calling into the meeting.

I will be thinking about all of you tomorrow!

Cheryl

• kbl
    edited February 2023
    Options

Cheryl,I can’t believe it’s been three weeks already. You are missed, and I really appreciate you keeping us up to date with how you’re doing.

Kris

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 124
    edited February 2023
    Options

Just wanted to give the Monday group an update since I will not be able to call in today.

Ankle is not sprained. Review of the x-ray by the doctor couldn't find any reason for the pain. Have been sleeping with a night splint foot brace and it appears to be doing the trick!

I see my radiation oncologist Wednesday morning to go over the results of my brain MRI. Will try to call in Wednesday afternoon.

Hope you are all doing well.

Fay

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,592
    edited February 2023
    Options

Nice to see you ladies.

Out running errands and cell service is limited. I’ll definitely be there next Monday.

Have a great week 😀

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited February 2023
    Options

I hope you have a great week Cheryl! The journaling idea is a good one.

• kbl
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi, Cheryl!

I hope your remodel goes a little better this time. I can’t believe it’s been four weeks already. We miss you. I didn’t get to go on today because I’m visiting my grandson.

I hope work doesn’t get too crazy for you.

Hugs

Kris

• temerarious
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi everyone -

Start of week 5 and things are a little chaotic. The workers are back in the house (the cats are unhappy about that!), and I have to fly to Maryland tomorrow for a last-minute business trip. I was able to get my walk & yoga in every day except two days last week (work, remodel & crazy Southern CA weather interfered), but overall, I balanced everything pretty well. I didn't do well at all on the journaling, but just checking in with you guys on this thread made a big difference. I sort of had that 'adult responsibility overload' epiphany while I was writing you, so checking in is really helpful to me. I was able to pay attention to that feeling during the week, and I did some stuff that was more fun and playful as a break from all of the responsible commitments.

I'm going to do my best to make time to walk on the treadmill at the fitness center in the hotel while I'm on travel, and I'm taking my yoga props as well. I have an appointment with my oncologist on Friday, and we will probably get my next scans scheduled for June. I miss you all, and I'm thinking about you. I'll check-in again next week.

Cheryl

• going2beatthis
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi Cheryl,

Great to hear from you. Nice that you were able to do some fun/playful things this week and that you were able to get in some yoga and walks.

Hope you have a safe trip and get to use the treadmill while you are away.

Missing you too,

Fay

• kbl
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi, Cheryl!

I really appreciate your updates. I'm glad you got some exercise in last week. Have a safe trip. I miss you too. Can't wait until you can return but am so appreciative of the updates so we can keep up with what's going on in your life. Your poor kitties.

Hugs!

Kris(KBL)

• mojos
    mojos Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2023
    Options

Cheryl,

Thanks for the updates. I too will welcome you back to the Monday when that day comes.

Do take care of yourself.

Mary Jane

• kbl
    edited February 2023
    Options

Debbie and I got to meet today. It was like we’ve known each other forever.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,020
    edited February 2023
    Options

Awww, that is so exciting and beautiful to hear, Kris!! You guys even had similar colors going on in your tops. Love it. :)

Sincerely,
    The Mods

• kbl
    edited March 2023
    Options

Thank you. I didn’t mention it at the time, but it is funny how we had similar colors. Lol.

• mojos
    mojos Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2023
    Options

Very sweet! I'm pleased for both of you.

Mary Jane

• going2beatthis
    edited March 2023
    Options

You both look great! Am a little jealous. Would love to be able to "get together" in person with people in our Zoom group.

Oh well, maybe some day.🤞

• luvdbyhim
    luvdbyhim Member Posts: 179
    edited March 2023
    Options

Looks like fun! Enjoy!!! I agree with going2beatthis.

• cowgal
    edited March 2023
    Options

That's awesome you two were able to meet up!

I need to apologize to the Tuesday evening group. I have been unable to make the Zoom call for several weeks now. I am fine. I am hoping you are all doing okay too! We've had all sorts of things come up with bad weather and other stuff and last night I was having to get my yard ready for the construction crew that will be completely replacing the roof on one of our storage buildings and constructing a fenced yard for our dog we took in back in December during a cold snap.

• illimae
    edited March 2023
    Options

That’s great! Happy you had a fun meet up 😁

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 758
    edited March 2023
    Options

Cowgal, we missed you but understand ! Happy you built a fence for your pup. By the way, my joint and hip pain is almost non existent - so much better on celebrex. I know it's hard to add an rx and possible side effects but it's been really helpful for me (so far ). Hope to "see" you next Tuesday

• cowgal
    edited March 2023
    Options

I may have to give in and add Celebrex. Eleanora on another thread is having good luck with it as well.

Our dog knows he is not supposed to jump up on us whether we are sitting or standing but he has decided when I am in my recliner doing my lymphedema pumping and therefore partially incapacitated, has decided when DH is out of the room that he wants to sneak in a quick jump up on me (puts front legs on me and back legs are still on the floor) and gives me a big wet smooch on my face. Last night he topped it off with a big wet willy in my ear. That darn dog! LOL!

I hope to see you next week on the call and everyone else in our group!

• ddil
    ddil Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2023
    Options

I had a good time meeting Kris and her husband. It truly was like we knew each other for years. Looking forward to seeingvtgecrestbofvyounon Monday!

• ddil
    ddil Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2023
    Options

It truly was like we knew each other for a long time. My husband and I both had a great time! Glad I had the opportunity to do this!!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,020
    edited March 2023
    Options

No problem, cowgal! We'll see you when you're able to make it. :)

Best of luck with the construction!

Sincerely,
    The Mods

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 758
    edited March 2023
    Options

@ Cowgal, your dog sounds fun! Got to love a dog wet willy, he's so lucky you found him!

@KBL and DDIL - love the photo, you both look great! How fun to have a meetup! I was lucky to meet up with Chicagoan who I know from the Ibrance threads a couple of weeks ago for coffee (I was in town visiting my daughter). I really cherish the support we can give each other on BC.org as know one understands us like those who are walking along side us with this dx.

• temerarious
    edited March 2023
    Options

Kris & Debbie - that is awesome that you guys were able to meet in person! And that is a super cute photo!!

My update this week is a little troublesome - the week has been quite difficult. I was doing really well up until Friday - I was able to fit in my workouts during the business trip and really take care of myself, even though I had to fly home late Wednesday night and I didn't get to bed until 2am. I had to go to Cedars early Friday morning for my Xgeva injection and for my quarterly appointment with my oncologist, so I wasn't able to fit in my walk in the morning like I usually do. When I got home, I went for my walk about 4pm, and I was bit by a dog in my neighborhood! It was so upsetting - I went to urgent care immediately, and I had to get a tetanus shot and go on two different types of antibiotics for a week. I don't tolerate them well, so I'm pretty sick to my stomach. The worst part is the whole situation triggered by CPTSD really bad. I haven't been triggered in quite a long time, and I didn't even realize how bad it was until this morning when I totally forgot I was supposed to take my neighbor to the airport. I was really in that 'fog' that happens to me. I got out my books that help, and I ended up sleeping for about 4 hours this afternoon because I realized I was completely exhausted from all of the emotions. I think I'm doing better tonight, but I'm going to pay close attention and call my therapist tomorrow if I'm still feeling disassociated.

Because of the dog bite (and the CPTSD), I wasn't able to walk Saturday or Sunday, so I'm going to try to get back on my schedule tomorrow. Work can either be really helpful in this situation and help me focus, or it can be a burden. I'm hoping that I had enough rest today that I can enjoy the routine. Fortunately, not too much is going on with the remodel tomorrow - I only have the plumber coming to hook up my bathroom sink fixtures. If he can finish, that will be really nice. I haven't had a sink in my master bathroom for a year - I've been using my two other bathrooms, so it will be great if my master bathroom is finally fully functional again.

I'm so glad to check-in with you guys, and I miss you. The good news is that the dog bite is healing, and I feel like I'm on the road to recovery with the emotional trauma. I'll update you again next week.

Cheryl

• illimae
    edited March 2023
    Options

Sorry about the dog bite, sounds scary and painful. I was bite years ago breaking up a fight between two of my girls, I totally panicked at the blood and couldn’t remember what to do.

Going to town, hopefully I’ll be back in time. Nothing to report though.

• going2beatthis
    edited March 2023
    Options

Cheryl,

Ugh, didn't that dog know better than to mess with you? Glad to hear the bite is healing along with the trauma you had to experience.

Hope you get you master bath "back" this week. Am sure that would put a smile on your face Smilenot to mention a sense of relief that after a year you finally have a master bathroom!

Missing you.

Fay

P.S. My avatar is a pic from the inside of the kaleidoscope I got in Israel (one of many handmade kaleidoscopes I have collected over the years from art festivals and museums here and overseas).

• kbl
    edited March 2023
    Options

Hi, Cheryl!

Thank you. We had such a nice visit.

I'm so sorry you were bitten. I know Debbie could relate because she was bitten not too long ago. I hope your healing comes along quickly and you can have some relief.

I have been thinking about you and make sure I come to read your update every week.

Hugs to you. I miss you too!!