Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Options

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,577
    edited February 2022
    Options

Here’s the video of the news reporter laughing that I mentioned yesterday. It get me every single time. Enjoy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pMA3x-bc8iM

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited February 2022
    Options

Oh my goodness, too funny, Mae!!! Thanks for sharing!

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    edited February 2022
    Options

Piggie is lucky he isnt living up to that name…yet

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,695
    edited February 2022
    Options

I’ve watched it a few times and laugh harder each time. Thanks, Mae.

• ddil
    ddil Member Posts: 92
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks Illimae.. You are so exuberant - I love it. You make me smile and laugh at Mondays meetings. I sure wish I had your weather and could sit outside and enjoy a beer!

• ddil
    ddil Member Posts: 92
    edited February 2022
    Options

The news caster was hilarious.. he made me laugh. Thanks for sharing

• Checka
    Checka Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thank you mods, re: varying meeting times. I understand, it may fall outside of the facilitator's work day. My local/regional support group just changed their MBC group monthly meetings to evenings. Naturally the one last month was cancelled due to technincal difficulties, but hoping for this month!!

• illimae
    edited March 2022
    Options

I’m out running errands in an area without stable cell reception. I wish you all well and will see you next Monday.

Have a great week 😁

• kbl
    edited March 2022
    Options

I missed you, Mae. I’m sure everyone else did too. See you next time.

• fredntan
    fredntan Member Posts: 237
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi

I guess I have been feeling more and more isolated.

My husband was dx with a kidney stone on Friday.

I do not know where he is currently. I dropped him off at the ER. He left when they called him back. I was waiting in the car. He has his phone and wallet.

I think he is in hotel drinking to control the pain. He has sent me a bunch of texts just cursing at me.

I have done all I can for him. He has always been easy to anger.

I let my daughter closet to us by 30 min know how he is acting. She has a mild case of covid. Thankfully we didn't get together this weekend.

He has or won't drink fluids to pass this stone? I noticed it Sunday. I am or was a nurse.

I have left a message for his docs nurse to call me back. He is just acting way more angry and paranoid than usual?

I am calm though. Spoke to mom for a long time.

I can't make him want to help himself

• moderators
    edited March 2022
    Options

fredntan, we're so sorry to hear this! We hope he is safe and that you hear from him soon, so you at least know he is ok (or that you hear from his docs who can confirm!). We hope your daughter is feeling well, as well!

• fredntan
    edited March 2022
    Options

thank you.

• kbl
    edited March 2022
    Options

fredntan, I’m so sorry. I hope you hear from him soon and that your daughter gets over Covid quickly

• fredntan
    edited March 2022
    Options

my husband came home last night about 10. I assumed he was drunk...so I didn't try to talk to him. It usually doesn't help. He came downstairs about a hr ago....about 1030 am here. Got his coffee..

Went back upstairs. He says the pain in gone? Thinks he passed the stone? I reminded him about the urology appt I had made for him at 3:30 for today. He said he maybe should go???

I know he is upset I have told my sister and the one daughter how he is acting

I have frankly been thinking of divorce for many years...I think it is time now. We live together. But not really?

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    edited March 2022
    Options

Fredntan,

My heart hurts for you. I am not big on giving advice since we are all in different circumstances but I will tell you my personal experience. I was married for 23 years to a man who was a narcissist and an alcoholic but was quite functional so outwardly everything looked great. However 23 years of this plus the accompanying lying and verbal abuse finally took it’s toll. Shortly after my 50th birthday I decided I couldn’t live the rest of my lifelike this and divorced him. My only regret? I wish I had done it sooner. This was before my bc dx but I know he would have made it more difficult. He also would have made it all about himself. Again, no advice just a personal anecdote to illustrate that it is possible to thrive even after ending a long term marriage. Take good care

• fredntan
    edited March 2022
    Options

thank you

I sent you a pm exbrnxgrl.

When this current crisis passes.....I need to move on. I have stayed with my husband mainly because of the health insurance. I thought I needed someone with me? But he won't even take out trash. He just isn't there for me?

I went to lunch today with a friend. Made me feel much better. I have reached out to try and find a therapist for myself again.

I know I'm not the only one with a verbally abusive alcoholic spouse? I am keeping the 17 cursing texts he sent me.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,775
    edited March 2022
    Options

fredntan,

I didn’t get a pm. This may be due to the site problems. Will send you a test pm

• illimae
    edited March 2022
    Options

As mentioned in zoom today, here’s my Instagram info below. I have two accounts, the top is a place for all my mountain life/cooking photos and the bottom is my real life posts and updates on cancer, travel, hobbies. They’re public, feel free to check out any, all or none 🙂 (I’m not very active on Facebook, it’s not a happy place in general)

• kbl
    edited March 2022
    Options

Thank you, Mae

• illimae
    edited March 2022
    Options

I’ll be missing today’s zoom since were on the road but I’ll see you all next Monday. It’s a nice drive though and the Texas Bluebonnets are beautiful.

• kbl
    edited March 2022
    Options

I missed you today, Mae. I only got to stay on an hour. Grandma duty. I will probably only be able to be there an hour again next Monday because I have him again. Beautiful flowers.

• illimae
    edited April 2022
    Options

prepping to leave for the cabin, not gonna make it today but a big hello to all!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    edited April 2022
    Options

I hate that I missed the call today. Probably won't make next week's due to my MO appt, but I'll be back after that.

👋 Waving "Hi!" to everyone

• kbl
    edited April 2022
    Options

Mae and SeeQ, missed you both.

Don't forget there is also a Wednesday meetup at 4 ET. I sometimes go to that one too or because I can't make the Monday call.

Mae, safe travels.

• illimae
    edited May 2022
    Options

Puppy pics since they weren’t able to attend todays zoom 😀

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    edited May 2022
    Options

Aww. That's what we needed; they're so precious. I hope all went well yesterday. In your pocket for results and more scans today.

• illimae
    edited May 2022
    Options

Still stable in the body 🎉

Results on my brain tomorrow. Thanks all for being in my pocket!

• illimae
    edited May 2022
    Options

I just want to thank you all for the kind words and support. Yesterday was upsetting to me, not because of the news itself but because I had to tell you guys. I feel like we’re all pretty close despite being so far away geographically and I never want to hurt anyone, even if it’s just accidentally stepping on someone’s foot. Sharing bad news was necessary but hard to do. But, as usual after getting knocked down a bit, I will rise and face whatever treatment is next with my usual optimism and determination. Thanks again my friends 🙂

• moderators
    edited May 2022
    Options

Sending lots of love to you, Mae

Heart

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 120
    edited May 2022
    Options

Mae,

Wasn't on the Zoom call early enough to hear you explain the results of your brain MRI yesterday but Kris filled me in. I agree that "we're all pretty close despite being so far away geographically" and that sharing bad news is hard to do. Glad to read today that "as usual after getting knocked down a bit, I will rise and face whatever treatment is next with my usual optimism and determination." You have been through a lot and I know that you will get through this too.

Hang in there! We are all here for you.

Sending

▷ Hugs: Animated Images, Gifs, Pictures & Animations - 100% FREE! your way