Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Zoom Meet-up for Those With MBC: Place to keep chatting

Options

Comments

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,695
    edited September 2022
    Options

So cute, Mae. They are the cutest little pair.

My next-door neighbor is older and has mobility issues. They got two pups that are just a little bigger, and they never potty trained them, so they go all over the house. I’m glad your guys are loving their routine.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,084
    edited September 2022
    Options

Mae - that's just too stinking cute. It's so funny that they both started doing it. Jealous sibs. Lol

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    edited September 2022
    Options

Too cute illimae!!

And another reminder that we're meeting Thursday at 3pm, ET INSTEAD of tomorrow!

• kbl
    edited September 2022
    Options

The end of the meeting was sad, knowing our Donna is gone. I’m so grateful we got to tell her how much we loved her a few weeks ago. I toasted you tonight, Donna. Rest n Peace.

• seeq
    edited September 2022
    Options

I could not make the meeting in today's time slot. I'm so sorry to hear of Donna's passing.

• seeq
    edited October 2022
    Options

I don't usually share memes here, but this popped up in my FB yesterday, and I thought it went perfectly with part of our discussion today.

• moderators
    edited October 2022
    Options

seeq, this is absolutely perfect and indeed aligns with today's discussion!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,577
    edited October 2022
    Options

I’m heading into treatment soon, I may pop in briefly later if I get done before the zoom is over, otherwise I’ll see you all next Monday while traveling to Houston for scans Nov 1st.

Waiving hi to all 🙂

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625
    edited October 2022
    Options

Mods- Could you please update the header of this thread so people know about the new MBC meeting on Tuesdays at 5:30 Pacific Time

• moderators
    edited October 2022
    Options

Dear cowgal,

Thanks for the reminder.

The Mods

• kbl
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi all! I shared in the Monday group about the surveys I do with RC Horowitz. I’ve done a few, and they are a wonderful group who have clients who survey those of us with cancer.

They are searching for others for paid surveys. I am attaching a flyer. If you meet the criteria, please call Devi at the number listed and let her know I’ve referred you. You can also private message me if you have questions.

They are also requesting for you to be within three years of diagnosis.

I will also be posting this in other groups, so my apologies if it’s double posted.

Kris B.

• moderators
    edited December 2022
    Options

Thanks, KBL!

• moderators
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hi all! Looking forward to seeing you at 4pm ET today!

--The Mods

• illimae
    edited January 2023
    Options

Mods, if you’re not already planning to do so, please email the link to this thread to those attending the zoom meetings. I believe several who call in are not active in the community threads. This way they won’t have to search.

• moderators
    edited January 2023
    Options

That’s the plan, Mae! Thanks

• kbl
    edited January 2023
    Options

Mae, your dogs are just freaking adorable. The ears get me every single time.

Great to see everyone today.

• moderators
    edited January 2023
    Options

Dear Members,

We have posted links to Dana Farber's Embrace MBC virtual forum series for your interest.

You can find the links here.

The Mods

• going2beatthis
    going2beatthis Member Posts: 120
    edited January 2023
    Options

Does anyone remember one of us saying to "avoid wearing copper bracelets"? I thought it was during a support group meeting. I tried going back to the notes from the Chat sessions, but didn't have any luck finding it there.

Thank you.

• going2beatthis
    edited January 2023
    Options

Thank you. The last one https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/73/topics/832510?page=1#post_4413943 had some great information

• temerarious
    temerarious Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi everyone - this is Cheryl. I'm going to aim to post an update each week on Sunday night or Monday morning prior to the Zoom Meeting while I'm on my hiatus. I'd like to check-in with you guys to let you know how I'm doing with my commitments to maintain my workout routine and my overall self-care during my interim work assignment. Tonight, I'm working late catching up on email, but my two kitties have been sitting on my lap for the past two hours! (They NEVER do this at the same time - I feel very supported. Hug )

image alt="">

I miss you already, and I hope they hire my new boss quickly so I can get back to our call!

love,

cheryl

• seeq
    edited February 2023
    Options

Aww, your kitties know you need both their support! That's very sweet. Good luck. You got this.

• going2beatthis
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi Cheryl. Hope they find your new boss soon! We are here for you and miss you

• kbl
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi, Cheryl! So glad you’ll be checking in. You are so sweet to care about letting us know how you’re doing. We don’t like to lose touch. I’m hoping the interim assignment goes great for you.

Kris

• temerarious
    temerarious Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi everyone -

It's been a busy week, but I was able to get my walks in every day except yesterday and yoga most days since last Monday. One of my really good friends was able to visit from out of town this weekend - it was a last-minute plan, and it was so nice to spend time with her. I had my Xgeva injection on Friday, and that always makes me feel a little low energy for a couple of days, so I mostly rested yesterday. All is good with the job so far. I'll be thinking about you all today - I miss you!

Cheryl

• kbl
    edited February 2023
    Options

Hi, Cheryl!

How nice to have a visit, and I’m glad the job is going well. I miss you and am so happy you’re updating here. We have two new ladies who joined today. Hugs

• going2beatthis
    edited February 2023
    Options

Cheryl, glad to hear all is going well. Sounds like you had a nice visit with your friend, Thanks for keeping us posted.

• illimae
    edited February 2023
    Options

Scan results: stable in body (single bone met) and stable/mild improvement in brain (3 tiny spots remaining). Dose reduction for Enhertu begins next week at 80%.

On our way home now. See you Monday.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    edited February 2023
    Options

Mae- wonderful news!

• going2beatthis
    edited February 2023
    Options

That is fantastic news!! 👏

Time to celebrate! 🥂

• moderators
    edited February 2023
    Options

Wow, that's some great, great news, Illimae!!