Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Vaccine booster

Options
12346»

Comments

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

I've had 3 shots now and DH has had 4 since he is a transplant patient. We go grocery shopping but when we go we go when there is NO ONE in the store and we see no one but our checker who is vaccinated and we wear ours as well. We know the store well and get what we need and get in and out fast and stock up and avoid going but once every few weeks at the most. Even with the boosting you can get break through cases we know and it is too risky to be around anyone. We live in our house and stare out windows or walk in the mornings where we see no one. May not eber be able to go n a vaation again in my lifetime. We "travel" on PBS travel shows.

• lef
    lef Member Posts: 32
    Options

I was able to get the new booster -- along with a flu shot -- 2 weeks before I started chemo. I haven't had any significant problems with prior jabs, but, FWIW, I had nothing at all with the booster except slight soreness on my vaccine arm that lasted less than 24 hours. YMMV.

• nkb
    nkb Member Posts: 1,561
    Options

so happy to hear this. No Moderna available where I am so I have to wait- think I will go get a flu vaccine while I wait