Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Seeking Advice on Breast Reconstruction After TNBC Recurrence

Hello everyone,

I was initially diagnosed with triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC) 11 years ago and underwent treatment at that time. Recently, I’ve been informed that the cancer has returned, but it’s still in the early stages. My doctor has suggested that I consider breast reconstruction surgery, but I’m currently undecided.

I’m reaching out to hear from others who have gone through a similar experience, especially those who have faced a recurrence and opted for reconstruction. What factors did you consider when making your decision? What was the recovery process like? Are there things you wish you had known before the surgery?

I would greatly appreciate any advice or experiences you’re willing to share, as I navigate this decision.

Thank you all for your support!

Momochi

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,549

@momochi, we're sorry you have to be here for this, but glad you found us and decided to join our community, welcome!

You’ll likely receive responses from other members soon who can share their personal experiences. In the meantime, we recommend checking out our reconstruction discussion called Thinking About Reconstruction? Start Here. It's full of helpful tips, information, and pictures of breast reconstruction that might provide some insight as you consider your options.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to hearing more from you soon.

The Mods