Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stage IIb and 5+ years out, anyone?

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,700
    edited February 2023
    Options

Good for you cathy67. I was very compliant about taking my hormonal meds post surgery. Still see my MO but now on yearly after last one and a couple of spots they were watching but so far so good. Keep up the good work and best wishes!!

• colt45
    colt45 Member Posts: 381
    edited February 2023
    Options

cathy67… the best advice I can give is to live. We have done SO much in these last 10.5 years. So many travels and life experiences and planning. There was a feeling for a fleeting moment like we should pause and just slow down—but we didn’t. We bought a new house. Got a dog. Planned trips. Looking back, we can’t imagine not doing those things. So plan. Do. Live.

God bless

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    edited February 2023
    Options

bcincolorado,

Yes, my doctor mentioned a few times, if everything shows normal, I shall back to 1 year routine. Last year's routine back biopsy, that is why I am still on 6 months routine, hopefully I join 1 year club soon.

Thanks.

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    edited February 2023
    Options

colt45,

Thanks! Plan and do it. Yes, we also just bought a new place, and I will plan lots of things, to live.

• footballnut
    footballnut Member Posts: 449
    Options

hi there! I am 9 years since diagnosis however recently received a result from my annual breast MRI which has scared me

BONES AND SOFT TISSUES: There is a 5 mm focus of enhancement with T2 bright signal in the 5th or 6th anterior right rib, not definitely seen previously. 

New right anterior 5th or 6th rib 5 mm enhancing focus. High T2 signal is reassuring, although etiology is unclear. Depending on risk of recurrence, consider CT/bone scan correlation. If not seen, consider six-month follow-up MRI.

I am freaking out

• 2019whatayear
    2019whatayear Member Posts: 468
    Options

I'm so excited to be able to post on this thread that has brought me comfort over the years. At my last oncologist appointment, my doctor said, it's been a couple of years, why don't we go ahead and do a scan. UGH, I didn't want to get a scan, I felt fine and all my bloodwork has been good, but once she said that, I had to do it, because if I didn't and something happened later, I'd have regrets.

This past week I survived the most intense scanxiety and had a chest/pelvis/abdomen CT scan. I tell you what, it doesn't get easier! I think it almost gets worse! In my brain I think, has my 'luck' run out, is this the end.

Wednesday morning at 7:11am, I got my results via my chart and the top line said:

No Evidence of Metastatic Disease.

Yay! Happy five years to me!

This year I've been working hard on allowing myself to be happy. In my head, I call it radical happiness. Over the last few years I've felt like if I allow myself to live life and be happy then the cancer might come back. I know it's not logical but it's a mental thing I have to fight against. Can anyone else relate?

One of the ways I've been working on my radical happiness is that I started writing romance novels. My first book was published in January and it features a breast cancer survivor and BRCA-1 haver who finds love with a chef.

Let's keep this thread going! Stage 2B unite!