Topic: Treatment Zoom Meetup (Tuesdays) place to keep chatting

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: May 4, 2021 01:09PM - edited Feb 19, 2022 09:04AM by moderators

Posted on: May 4, 2021 01:09PM - edited Feb 19, 2022 09:04AM by moderators

moderators wrote:

A place for those who are participating in the In Treatment Zoom Meetup to continue the sharing. Medicating

If you'd like to join the In Treatment Zoom Meetup on Tuesdays at 1pm ET, register here: https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/...

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 3 of 11 (105 results)

Aug 17, 2021 04:39AM moderators wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that TODAY, is a Zoom virtual meet-up for people going through chemotherapy (caregivers welcome)

Tuesdays 1:00-2:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

Aug 19, 2021 10:21AM teriryan23 wrote:

Thank you, Jennifer. We missed you yesterday. I hope you are feeling okay. <3

Surgery 3/4/2022 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Right): Underarm/Axillary

Aug 24, 2021 12:38PM mainejen wrote:

Hi All, I have had trouble making it to meetings and I'm so sorry. I dropped in for a brief moment today and was so sad not to be able to stay. Just seeing a few of your faces lifted my spirits. I am thinking of you all - keeping you all in my heart always. I've just been so busy with kids and work - it's been rough balancing everything. Didn't mean to be disruptive when I dropped in. Apologies if I was. I'm done with chemo now and still on the mend. Starting radiation this week. Will try to make it back again soon. Sending big hugs to all. - Jennifer

Aug 24, 2021 06:46PM jullyn wrote:

I attended for the first time today. I enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to next week.

Chemotherapy 9/1/2021 Other Targeted Therapy 9/1/2021 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Surgery 1/26/2022 Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel Immunotherapy Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Aug 25, 2021 03:00PM moderators wrote:

Jennifer -- we missed you! Not disruptive at all. Feel free to drop by whenever you have a moment -- everyone looks forward to hearing from you!

Jullyn, thank you for joining us yesterday! We're so happy to be here for you and look forward to seeing you next week!

--The Mods

Aug 31, 2021 01:14PM mimiarmani wrote:

Hello, great seeing everyone. Someone mentioned constipation today. This recipe comes from my radiation oncologist booklet.

Fruit Paste Recipe (Makes 2 1/3 cup)

1/2 cup dried prunes, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup dried figs, 2 tbsp. senna tea leaves (can be purchased at health food store), 1/4 cup prune juice, 2 Tblsp brown sugar, 2 Tblsp lemon juice, 1 1/4 cups water.

Slowly bring fruit, lemon juice, tea leaves & water to boil. Boil for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and add brown sugar. Mix well and allow to cool. Using a mixer gradually add the prune juice to the fruit mixture forming a smooth paste. Place in container and store in freezer.

Fruit Paste will not solidify but will remain the consistency of ice cream.,

Take 2 teaspoon every morning.

Remove from container and let warm to room temperature for 5 - 10 minutes.

Eat plain or spread over toast, muffin or cracker.

Increase or decrease recommended dose as needed.

Aug 31, 2021 02:45PM moderators wrote:

Thanks MimiArmani! We really appreciate your feedback.

Aug 31, 2021 02:57PM mimiarmani wrote:

We have missed you. Nice to be starting radiation...keeping treatment moving forward. Hope to see you next week!

Aug 31, 2021 03:44PM tnbcwoman wrote:

Hello all, this is Carolyn J. from the Tuesday zoom meet-up. Is this were we can keep up with each other?

Aug 31, 2021 03:46PM tnbcwoman wrote:

LOL. that was me, Carolyn. Always blocked up. Thanks for the recipe suggestion!

Page 3 of 11 (105 results)

Scroll to top button