Join Us

We are 218,613 members in 84 forums discussing 161,137 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Life on aromasin

Forum: Hormonal Therapy - Before, During, and After —

Risks and benefits, side effects, and costs of anti-estrogen medications. Note: Please remember that there are good experiences and bad with ALL treatments and this is a safe place to share YOUR experience, not to be influenced or influence others.

Posted on: Mar 6, 2012 06:31PM - edited Nov 15, 2017 11:03AM by Moderators

rayofsun wrote:

Just starting aromasin after being on tamoxifen for 1.5 years. I am also on effexor so did not experience hot flashes with tamoxifen and my other side effects were mild. Am curious how others have done on Aromasin.

Thanks ray

Edited by Mods to add content from our main Breastcancer.org site on Aromasin: Benefits, Side Effects and More

brca neg.SNB 10/09, bilateral mastectomy 4/10. DIEP , ooph and tubes removed 1/5.11.. started breast cancer vaccine study for her2 positive at hopkins on feb 2011. Dx 9/30/2009, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 2, 1/25 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Page 186 of 186 (5,560 results)

Posts 5551 - 5560 (5,560 total)

Jan 29, 2020 07:31AM kale437 wrote:

i am exactly the same on aromasin! the shoulder aginy and my tailbone hurts so bad BUT i wasnt willing to risk the side effects of tamoxafin. so hard to know whats best

Jan 29, 2020 07:36AM kale437 wrote:

i am exactly the same on aromasin! the shoulder aginy and my tailbone hurts so bad BUT i wasnt willing to risk the side effects of tamoxafin. so hard to know whats best

Jan 29, 2020 07:36AM kale437 wrote:

Jan 29, 2020 08:34AM Jaybird627 wrote:

I take Anastrozole. I did start on Exemestane and switched because it was way more expensive, a different Tier with my insurance. I think I did have joint pain with it but I was coming of a year of BMX, chemo and rads and moving to another state so the pain could have been from all of that.

I think I did have some pain when I started Anastrozole but I take so many herbs and vitamins now that I rarely have joint pain. It may be all in my head but I'm going to continue to take them. My knees hurt when I sit on the sofa with them bent but that's about the only time. I'm 59 and feel old when I get up in the morning but as I move through my day I usually feel good/energetic.

I'm on Anastrozole for 8 1/2 more years so I kind of have to suck up any joint pain that I do have. I take it at night.

Good luck!

Jaybird ~

Jaybird. My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope - Ovid. Surgery 3/4/2005 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Silicone implant Dx 3/5/2005, IDC, Right, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 29, 2020 01:39PM kale437 wrote:

jaybird would you be able to tell me what vitamins and herbs you take that help the pain? ❤️ thank you

Jan 29, 2020 06:12PM Jaybird627 wrote:

Hi Kale,

I take a LOT of stuff but for joint care I take:

New Chapter Bone Strength (calcium +)

Himalaya brand Joint Care (herb blend)

Gaia Turmeric Supreme extra strength

Wobenzym N joint health by Garden of Life

HTH

Jaybird ~

Jaybird. My hopes are not always realized, but I always hope - Ovid. Surgery 3/4/2005 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Latissimus dorsi flap, Silicone implant Dx 3/5/2005, IDC, Right, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 20, 2020 07:14PM Humblepeace wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I pray everyone is well during this very trying time. I had to come here for insight and experiences of others as I called my breast surgeon's office today and was told that I may not be able to get an appointment or a referral for an ultrasound due to covid-19. I'm waiting to hear back tomorrow.
So, November 2019 five months ago I did my yearly mammogram in my left breast (right side mastectomy 2017). It was discovered by ultrasound that my left breast had a fibroadenoma and was found to be "more than likely benign" and I should return in six months for another ultrasound. Well, I made appointment to return in early March 2020 which was also cancelled. So, a few days ago I began to experience a bit of soreness/pain in this breast. I almost ignored it, but I remembered...wait you're in menopause due a total hysterectomy June 2018. The pain is somewhat similar to what I used to experience during periods, but a bit more noticeable. Today I was experiencing more sharp pain and tenderness. I have also switched to aromasin in the last two months which has been no picnic. I thought Arimidex was bad, but this is it's naughty cousin.

Has anyone ever experienced breast pain due to AI's?

Thanks everyone for your insight.

Stay safe in whichever state you live.

Humblepeace

Dx 3/2017, IDC, Right, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+ Hormonal Therapy 6/11/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast Chemotherapy

Apr 21, 2020 04:09PM Ginger48 wrote:

Hi Humble-

I have not had that experience but hopefully someone will come along soon with some advice.

If it was me, I would call the dr to give them information about these new symptoms; it seems different than calling about a re-screen. I would insist on talking to the doctor about your concerns.

Good luck.

BRCA2+ Knowledge is power! lumpectomy 4/12/11, NSBMX 6/22/11, exchange to implants 10/27/11, ooph 12/7/11 Dx 4/5/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 21, 2020 08:57PM Faith-840 wrote:

Hi Humblepeace, I am on a different AI, Letrozole but I think they all have similar side effects. I’m nearly 80 years old and get lots of breast pain in my one remaining breast. It’s worse if I have too much caffeine. I would certainly call your doctor and not ignore this if it’s a new symptom but it may be nothing to worry about until you can get an ultrasound.

It’s awful how this virus has turned our world upside down and put our lives on hold even when serious things are happening to us. Good luck, I pray you have nothing to worry about.

Faith (in the future).

Faith Dx 1/1991, Left, Stage IIIB, 8/26 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/4/1991 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 2/4/1991 Mastectomy: Left Dx 1/2016, ILC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/22/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/23/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy CAF Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 7, 2020 09:15AM DKK wrote:

Hello all! I am in the same boat as many of you. I was on Anastrozole for 2 yrs and did fine, but gradually occurred knee pain so bad I could hardly walk. I changed to Extemestane and have been on it for 2 months and the knee pain is a little better but not much. I am 65, but like many of you, I feel like I am a 90 yr old woman. Some days are not as bad as others. I do take Vit D, Calcium and Tumeric

I would like any suggestions on relieving the pain on bad days. Tylenol does not help much. I do not like to take strong pain meds. I would appreciate any tips on what helps you deal with this pain

Thank you ladies 😍

Dx 8/1/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIIA, 4/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 9/1/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/25/2017 AC + T (Taxotere)

Page 186 of 186 (5,560 results)