Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited August 2013

Woops, didn't mean to bump you, Julie!  Here, have another dwinky!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Here's our party animal to get Funday Sunday started( no not me)

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited August 2013

are you sure you haven't changed your hair colour again cammi!

nm,the body shop got a buy 3 get 2 free sale plus everything was reduced and then they were offering a reward card that took anothe r10% off,so went in for 2 bottes for the gym and bought   7,so got enough gel now until christmasLaughing.how did the veterens day go yesterday?

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2013

NM, did you go to the ceremony? I hope you and Sadie are enjoying your weekend. Oh gosh, I don’t usually have the energy for housework during the week either.

Cami, I might try the relish without the red pepper. I guess it’s worth a shot.

Julie, back her scrubs….YEEE HAAAA!

Katwinka, me dwinka to your good check up, glad you are ok. I guess you didn’t get your mammo

results yet? And I hope you did NOT stand outside for your shower, especially if it was lightening. Those fruit bars look very yummy!

One time when we were doing a trade show, an elderly man came in holding some little dog, maltese or similar. It was a medical dog, but I was so curious as to what this little dog was capable of doing. Well, the man was a diabetic and dog was trained to know when his sugar was going outta wack. Now I don’t know if the dog only knew when it was high, or both, but thought that was pretty neat.

Awwwww Becks, hope you get to feeling better and very soon.

Woo hoo on finding the $150 Lara, cute story.

I think we should have Joey to bring us all coffee this ayem! What do ya think goils. And maybe NM will share her blueberry pancakes. That is just so interesting about your Katie Cat, I hope she just knows you are in pain and to stay away from those areas. Also hoping you find something out tomorrow. I think it’s tomorrow.

Well, we rode our quad over to our friends house, only to find out they were waiting on 2 other couples, one of which were late, so they said lets go over to the Lakeview Bar, have a few beverages while we wait for them and then we are all going to Darrell and Lori’s!!!!! I’m like WHAT???? They are all biker peeps, some kind of redneck. Well anyways, I think we ended up with 5 other quads following us back to our house. The guy (that we knew) wanted to show all his friends our little town and what they call my “deceiving house”. We did have a good time tho. Glad my house was clean. We got a new seat for the quad (did I tell that already), so when the company left I had to go over and see my little buddy, who is up for the weekend, so I could take him for a ride. Well, we didn’t go far, so not gone long, but it was enough to break the skin on his elbow, I felt horrible! I will see him this morning, as I think they are coming by to get some maters, he LOVES my cherry tomatoes and I have no use for them.

To ALL Vets, and that means you too Kat……………MANY THANKS!

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited August 2013

Cammie hope u feel better get rest

Yes animals know we had a dog that was very mean but not to us he lo Ed us

I would cry and he would sit calmly next to me it was so cute

Then I had my drains in and the dog would put his paw on my leg very gently so sweet

NMI now will this job b very demanding? You need time for u

Goldie sounds like u had fun quads r fun

Thanks for the blueberry pancakes I took some yum

Juliet u r back to work yes?

• nativemainer
    edited August 2013

Juliet & Wahine-- I didn't go to the ceremony, I had planned to but just couldn't get into the car yeaterday.  Just wanted to stay home and veg in the hammock chair and read silly scifi stories.  And play fetch with Sadie. 

I'll have to see if there is  a Body Shop around here.  Are you talking about Bath and Body Works?  There's one of those at the local mall. 

Goldie--some diabetic detection dogs can detect high and low blood sugars I've heard.  Pretty good trick, huh? 

Coffee by Joey and Blueberry pancakes from Maine, sounds like a great breakfast! 

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited August 2013

NM, I hope you can find the Outshine Bars....Not the Coconut Waters one but the regular Coconut one. I searched my area, and it is avail at Target, Publix, and Walmart. I didn't have your zipcode handy, so didn't get to check where it might be near you. Love what they say about the SAND! lol

CREAMY COCONUT

Creamy Coconut

Go tropical without getting sand in your shorts.

• Made with real coconut
    • 120 calories

Thank you, girls. As I told you, I would NOT have gone off to fight, so I don't really feel like a veteran. The hardest part was not seeing my babies except 2x, in 3.5 months of basic and advanced training. Oh yeah, NM's blueberry pancakes!!! My Dh makes some good banana pancakes too, maybe we can try both? Love the DOTD!!!! Plus, of course the mimosa fountain and percotini fountain are going full force!

Oh Cami, that really IS scary, how KatieCat is acting around you, again. So sweet that she is so gentle though. (((Camille))) Hope your pain lessens today, I really do hope and pray for that.

NM, When you wrote about the smells in the "body shop" I was picturing a car body shop and thought you were being sarcastic, or funny! Cause of course those smells are awful. THEN I read further, and had my "aha" moment! lol. YES, those nice body shops are wunnnnerful, they smell so good. Glad you got good deals, Julie!

Lori, the mammo for me is now "manually done", and he said all was ok. Cannot have the regular ones since my boobs are gone, but they feel around I guess for a bump??? I dunno. But of course since the skin could still harbor cancer cells, they like to check it. Glad you got the extra seat, and I am sure your little buddy had so much fun, the bumps and scrapes were not a problem. He is lucky to get your cherry tomatoes. We love them! My DH makes an almost instant spagetti sauce, using drained seasoned canned tomato chunks, and cherry tomatoes, olive oil and basil. Just have to heat it for a short time, and put over angel hair noodles. YUMMMMY. It has become my fav 'sketti sauce as its all tomatoes. I don't even like him to add mushrooms or meat to this one, as it tastes fantastic as it is. (I "think" that is all he adds, but come to think of it he prolly adds garlic too).

Dorkie, That man that Lori mentioned that had the dog that could sense when he was having sugar problems, is a GREAT IDEA! Could you check that out for YOUR father? Maybe call a Senior Center, or ask his doctor, or do an online search about what you need to do to get him a dog like that? Esp since you found him passed out, I am sure he would qualify. Please check that out, if you can, ok? I hope he is doing better!!! AND I hope you are coping with everything ok....you sure have a ton of stuff on your plate!!!! (((((Dorkie)))))

Hope everyone has a good SunDey FunDey!!!! I had a shot of that Irish Cream we got in Ireland, but now I can't think of the name...better than Baileys though! Gonna get those pancakes, those drinks, and those Tendahs.....

Kat

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Yummy Pancakes Thank u NM

Goldie he scraped his arm, u must feel awful. But before that u sound like u had a great time and I'm sure u'r house is always clean.

And I totally forgot about the dogs for diabetics--I think they are trained for smell of breath and pores-Unbelievable.

• wahine
    edited August 2013

This buffet is sooooooo ono.....

image alt="" />

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Oh that looks so good I enjoy eating different foods, that's why I'd rather have all appatizers (sp) than a meal.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

I guess I'll just have to settle for a day with my boyfriend.

• wahine
    edited August 2013

OOHHHHHH and since he and Stacey broke up, he is ALL yours, Cami! He sure is good looking, and gets better and better looking as he ages (or as I age???)......

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Found some entertainment for tonight, a new male revue show in Hawaii....AND they are flying in just for US.....

NA KANE "The Men of Paradise" Is a CLASSY Hawaiian themed woman's fantasy show designed for woman ages 21-101.

This high energy, choreographed theatrical production show features a diverse cast made of local talent from the Hawaiian Islands. Our goal is to fulfill  every woman's fantasy whether is be a Fireman, a Cowboy, a Man in Uniform or a Traditional Polynesian Warrior! Come sail away to the BEST PARTY ON THE PACIFIC with the cast of NA KANE " The Men of Paradise"  Every weekend on the worlds largest Polynesian Catamaran "The Ali'i Kai.There is absolutely no lap dancing, no tipping and absolutely no nudity. Girls can leave their dollar bills at home or save them for a sweet girly drink on board the Alii Kai Catamaran!NA KANE will set sail every weekend from Pier 5 at Aloha Towers. Boarding is at 9pm, set sail with THE MEN at 9:30 PM sharp. Don't be late or you'll miss the boat! You can buy your tickets online or call : (808) 954-8643

• juliet62
    edited August 2013

ok your partying and i've got to go to workLaughing,  diabetic dogs ,had never heard of them but it makes perfect sense,as there are breeds that detect seizures,frb etc,hope you can get one for your dad dorty.   nm it was the body shop  and i love sales

• nativemainer
    edited August 2013

Good afternoon, Loungettes!  The house looks like a house and not a pig pen, 2 loads of laundry done, 3rd ready to go on the line.  Sadie is fetched out for the moment.  Been vegging in the hammock swing, reading until the batteries died on the Kindle. 

Wahine--that popsicle looks good, I'll check out Walmart later.  And no reason we can't have blueberry and banana pancakes, and even blueberry/banana pancakes! 

Cammy--I sometimes do the appetizers for a meal too! 

Wahine--Now there's a show I wouldn't mind seeing! 

Juliet--I'll have to look for the Body Shop around here.  Is the sale still going on?

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited August 2013

I saw the Outshine bars at Costco...it was a multi-flavor pack, but I don't remember if any were coconut.

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Karen, My DH said he saw them too, but didn't see what type....he was there right before I discovered them.

Trying to ketchup on NBC shows I missed when our stooooopid satellite company DID NOT renew with NBC, so we didn't have that network for a few days. ANYWAY, I am watching America's Got Talent, and I think this show aired about 4 days ago? BUT this one performer was SO awesome,  I wanted to share the youtube link of what he did, with you. AND he did all the video as well as he was the performer in the videos as well as being onstage. Howie begged America to vote for him to WIN the competition and it is still a long ways away, he was that good. Here is the link, for Kenichi Ebina http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpS3G60hq4U

Kath

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited August 2013

Happy Sundey Fundey!!!

I WANT ICE CREAM!!! Those sound soooo good Kat..I bet they are full of Sugar tho...eh?

Good deal Lara!!  I love when those things happen..they dont happen often enough.

Beckers..who are you sending to Julie's swamp?? is it that Jack Ass who dissed you in front of others?? Hope you are feeling better soon...and you too Cami. Joey is so sweet to make us all coffee.  Sweet Katie Cat.

Pretty headstone Julie...but oh so young.

I love discounts too and I  know of the Body Shop..Jodi shops there...Im a Bath and Body Works girl and Always get things on a discount..They have coupons that dont expire for 10.00 off a 30.00 purchase or more that you get on your sales slip..you have to call in for a code..I usually have a couple of those in my wallet and then they also will give you a coupon for a free item with a purchase of 10.00 or more..and you can use them both and they always have buy 2 get 1 free..so  combine them all and come out with a whole lot of stuff...I love it.

NM....are you putting fresh Maine blueberries in those pancakes?

Lol...Lori....I know your house was spotless ...but still a bit put on the spot. glad you had a good time.  Oopsie ...Im sure your little friend was having such a great time on the quad that he didnt mind the scrape much.

Hugz to all!

Cyn

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Hi CyndieLouWhoNeedsToDrinkHereMoreOften! Hmmmm....well those bars are just 120 cal and first ingredient is skim milk....but I didn't look at how much sugar is in them. OK, I just looked online for ya, and its 18 grams of sugar....that is prolly too much for you, but I don't know bout all dat stuff. If thats not too much sugar, and you like coconut, I think you would like it. Its in todays wallyworld ad for $3.27/box of 6 but target had it for $2.99.  Good to see ya here! OH look, Sugar just brought over a bucket of ICY COLD NATTY'S!!!! *kachink* Cheers!!!!

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Bath and body works have great deals with coupons and good candles too and buy one get one on that too. But I cannot find a fragrance that I really like and when I do it disappears in aroma so quickly, just in the last couple of years. It's like my skin resists it. And I always enjoyed my perfume. like I do my jewelry and make-up hahaha I'm such a fashionista.

OK ladies I have to leave at 8ayem so I'm glad it's early to get it over with.

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Sleep well tonight, Cami, and YOU BETTER let us know how it goes tomorrow, ok? Hoping and Praying everything will be alright, and they have a good plan get you all fixed up. We'll be with you....you might not see us or hear us....but if you see some aluminum foil..... well lets just say that it would be a good sign.... (newer gals might not know about the foil though). (((((Camille)))))

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Thank u Kat I will let u know.

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited August 2013

De HTL UFO on mese roof. Heading to pick up Kat den Cyn n Allie, den off to de midwest to meet all of you so dat wese ken look after Camille. I will be dere. GOod night loves, praying for you all!

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited August 2013

Don foygit meeeeeeee!!!! Par Tay at Cami's? Is she up fo it? Promise to get you to doktur on time AND behave. Den Joey make us coffee n wevoh's for breakfast in bed. Woot woot! Hi dorty. Chest bump!!!

Yes Cyn, I'm sendin my a-hole dude to the swamp so Jules can tend to him. Da Louisbill slugguh was step one you see. I may send you my boss too Jules. Long story but me tinks I need to rethink my employment sichiashun. Not sure yet. Fact finding tomorrow.

I'm haven peep pole issues dese dayz. I always thought I wuz good with them but startin to wonder. What I really think is I need Is OFF dis damn Effexor and tamoxifen and just go on AI's and get my Zoloft back. Can't take mush more of this drama queen buziness!! my obarries are longggg gone in trash heap so gotta look at next best.

• nativemainer
    edited August 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Happy Monkey Day!

Morning, Karen!!

Wahine--isn't it annoying when the satellite company and the networks can't play like good children?

CynCyn--Yup, fresh Maine wild blueberries in the pancakes.  They were GOOD!! Good info about Bath and Body Works, will check that out, too. 

DorKable--don't let the UFO forget me! 

Becs--Talk to your MO about switching to one of the AI's .  I couldn't tolerate tamoxifen, the depression was SO bad.  I had more joint pain and stiffness on arimidex, but it was worth it to not be crying all the time. 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is

Sea Monkey Martini

1 1/2 oz Pineapple Juice

1 1/2 oz Skyy Infusions Raspberry Vodka

1/2 oz Black Raspberry Liqueur

1 oz Cranberry Juice

Glass: Cocktail

Garnish: Orange Wheel

Pour pineapple juice into a chilled cocktail glass. Add the remaining ingredients to a shaker and shake with ice. Strain slowly over the pineapple juice and try to keep the two layers separated. Float an orange wheel for garnish.

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2013

NM, not a thing wrong with staying home and veggin, I hope you thoroughly enjoyed it, I’m pretty certain Sadie did.

Cami, he didn’t really scrape his arm, it was just resting on the arm rest, which is just a hard plastic. He is ok, and we will know next time. Nice handsome choice for a BF Cami….LOL. You are on your way to de docs, will be wishing you all the best and awaiting your return. Praying for answers for you love.

When do we set sail Kat? Ooh la la, The Men of Paradise! I watch AGT, Kenichi is pretty awesome.

Cyn, sounds like you are getting the biggest bang for your buck. No Body Shop or Bath and Body Works around here! Jes Wal Mart………LOL.

Lara, how is your pain issue doing?

Dorky, jes poking yer pretty lil head in de door ain’t gonna cut it girl. Git in here.

LOL on the chest bump Becks, neither of you could prolly feel it! Good luck on re-thinking your sichiashun. Ok, I’m afraid to ask……………..what’s a peep pole? I hear ya on the “Drama Queen” bidness, it’s not fun, dat foa shoa.

Spent most of the day outside, so needless to say, mese kitchen a mess this morning! Here is a visual on the Sea Monkey Martini, sounds devine!!!!! Will be a nice way to start the work week.

• nativemainer
    edited August 2013

Well, God has spoken to me.  It was announced this ayem that one of the nurses who has been working in the office for years is taking the Clinical Manager's position.  And I'm good with that. 

;)

• juliet62
    edited August 2013

• wahine
    edited August 2013

WHOA Julie...scrolled down, and WHAM!!!! A BUTT hit me in de face!!1 LOL! Dang he's got a good body!!!

NM, Sooooo glad you were fine with that...sometimes its good to wait and the decision got made for you.  With all the praying going on for the right decision to be made, it looks like it worked out. I'm just so happy you are with the company you are with, and NOT that horrid one before. You are still needed on a hands-on position with patients! OH, and you have lots of PATIENCE too.....so its a good fit.

Lori, I "think" Becks was using "peep pole" for people???? Peeps? Thanks for de visual of de DOTD! Looks scrumptious!

Yeah, NM, that is a neat DOTD you found...love the name!

Oh oh Dorkie, you left lotsa peeps outta de UFO list!!!! Naughty goil, Pants is gonna hafta spank youse.....OH WAIT, dats whut youse wanted! LOL. Of course Dorkie was going to pick EVERYONE up, just so many to list. BUT the UFO is on "auto pilot" and knows exactacrackly where wese all live, and is also right on time.

Cami, I hope we are quiet enough... "shhhhhh Dorkie!".....I'll gibs Dorkie sum more GJ and den she will be happy and quietest....wese all made it, and are ALL OVER your drs office, oh and in his pocket too. Oooooohhhhh Lah Lah Cami you were right, he is GUD LOOKIN! Ok, ok, wese will behabe....jest wanna be here to hold yer hand and make sure de dr is good to you. BUT remembah wese sooooo tiny its hard to hear whut de dr is saying to youse, so be sure to repeat it here on our thread when you get home, ok? (((Cami)))

Hugs to everyone! Becks, good advice from NM, maybe you DO need to change meds???? (((Becks)))

KatwinkaDeDwinka

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited August 2013

Lmao at Wahine getting plowed in da face by that butt!!!!! Hahaha! I wish he'd turn around so we can see his face. Wink, wink.

Wahine, you are not getting abc? Time Warner cable doesn't have it either out here. WTH goin on?

Goldie, peep pole is short for people. :-) (gotta work on my Chinese)

Cami, wese being so quiet. Sorry for that hiccup! We are waiting on pins and needles.

Yes NM, I think I need to try AI. May take me six months to get off this damn Effexor. Need to make a big effort to tough it out and get off the 37.5 I am still on. Hope I can just

get back on Zoloft. I am tired of these emotions all over the place.

I called in today. My long story....a coworker left and my boss asked me to take his spot. I told him I don't need the benefits and still plan to visit hubby in future. He said ok and he would see what rate if we change my status and I can at least get some PTO. Well...he hired someone on friday and didn't even talk to me. At least give me a heads up...chit!

Imma go back to bed. BBL lub, lub