Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited August 2013

Good news on the RN taking the Clinical Mgr position. You can put that one to rest. Yay! :-)

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited August 2013

Becks, it was NBC that we didn't have for a few days, then the satellite company finally came to an agreement with them. I would have DIED if I lost ABC, as that is the one most of my shows are on! Hate what happened at work....yup they should have told you. Sux!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited August 2013

Mornin' girls

NM I'm glad this position was figured out , if u have to think that hard about it--then u'r not really wanting it. So good for u.

Beckers I didn't realize u were that bad, u've got to change these meds--they can drive u crazy as I am proof.

Julie (like Kat) when I scrolled down and this butt hit me whoa I was taken aback but I quickly moved forward and thought Oooo nice A$$--Lubs u'r pics.

Lori I'm glad he didn't get really hurt I misunderstood. And I'm sorry but when u say u'r kitchen is a mess I picture like 3 things out of place.

OK here goes----The good news I decided no operation because I can live with this without it being dangerous, just pain--the bad news is (2nd opinion) is this operation is considered a big one and oldfashion where they have to cut and I might not get thru it. So my choice no operation. I told him I can live with the pain, but if I didn't live at all that would be much worse--so I weighed my options--He was handsome and showed me all my test pictures and explained everything to me (like I understood everything) but they will watch it--as long as there are no perforations and all looks OK then people live with organs that have moved and my liver is pushing my ribs but not dangerously so. Of course it made me think of having ribs for dinner.  He was so nice explaining why it was a dangerous one for me and if at any time I absolutely have to have it-which he doesn't think much more will move then we'll worry about it and he said if I can livewith the pain (and I can) then it's better not to have it. OK then he found 2 more hernias Of course I was laughing -I told him all I do is pick up a remote WTF he said they were not in danger of doing anything, normally he would, but I'm different, Told u guys I'm different. So now I have a floating kidney, a moving liver, ribs crushing a little, a floating colon part--so I am officially have a circus stomach and it's called the Flying organdas--I asked him if I was eligible for the guiness book he just laughed no answer.So my mind is all clear now and I don't feel afraid about this at all--pain is just another area of it-no big deal mentally. So I'm good.

Thank all of u for all the support believe me if I didn't talk on here I'd go crazy cuz no one understand all this chit and I don't go into details--cuz already my DD is having a fit cuz they can't do anything--and she doesn't get it. there is no cancer there so happy dance for me, altho I can;t dance, so don't ask me. OK

Lubs everyone one of u bery much BBL

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited August 2013

Saw this on fb and thought the htl gals would enjoy it....so true!!! and its fits most if not all of us here!!!   NM....glad the decision was made for you and you are good with it.....Kathy....yeah for getting NBC...and like you, I watch ABC the most!!!  Beckers...that stinks with the job.....DorK miss you...hope all is well with the job and your foks.....Cami.....good luck today.....Goldie, Julie, Cyndie and everyone else...have a great day :)

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BORN IN 1930's, 1940's, 50's, 60's, 70's and Early 80's !!! First, you survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they ...carried us. They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a tin, and didn't get tested for diabetes. Then after that trauma, your baby cots were covered with bright colored lead-based paints. You had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when you rode your bikes, you had no helmets, not to mention, the risks you took hitchhiking .. As children, you would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a van - loose - was always great fun. You drank water from the garden hosepipe and NOT from a bottle. You shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this. You ate cakes, white bread and real butter and drank pop with sugar in it, but you weren't overweight because...... YOU WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!! You would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach you all day. And you were OK. You would spend hours building your go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out you forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, you learned to solve the problem . You did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no mobile phones, no text messaging, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms..........YOU HAD FRIENDS and you went outside and found them! You fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents you played with worms(well most boys did) and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever. You made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although you were told it would happen, you did not poke out any eyes. You rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just yelled for them! Local teams had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!! The idea of a parent bailing you out if you broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever! The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. You had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and you learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL! And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS! You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good. And while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

• karen1956
    edited August 2013

Cami.....just saw your update....hooray for the good news!!

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Oh Cami, you always make us laff even though you are going through so much. The "Flying Organdas"...love it! I am glad you can deal with the pain and decided against such a risky surgery. Is there anything better though, that they can give you when the "Flying Organdas" are busy performing and giving you painful fits? You are SUCH A TROOPER!!! I swear, I love your attitude, and you bring SO MUCH to the HTL. Although I can still understand your DD being scared of all this. Thank you so much for letting us know this, as of course, you know we were too dwunk to comprehend much. Plus, looking at MR. Dreamy's eyes....well lets just say your dr is some eye-candy, foah shuah.

Big Hugs!
    kath

• Beckers
    edited August 2013

YAY CAMI!!!!!! let's go jump into the perc fountain to sailabrate!!! Flying Organdas!! Need a trapeze added to HTL. All in favor say aye yi yi. Ok, done.

Karen, that WAS totally my childhood! :-)

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited August 2013

the "flying organdas"   Laughing, (((((cammi))))))),have i told you today how much i lub you for making me laff and smile.        did they get the pain meds sorted out for you? but will have some drinks to celebrate

nm-hope your having a good day.

becks plenty of room in the swamp!  i hate that sometimes it takes so long to get the right combo of meds for us

karen so true

well put on 4lb at the fat lady, but i had just finished work,thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it.  should go to the gym but the body is definitely not willing.have a good day everybody 

• juliet62
    edited August 2013

stella

• wahine
    edited August 2013

LOL, Julie! Shame on Stella, shame on her! (Doesn't it look lke she is enjoying it, though?)....

Just came in from working outside in the %#*@! heat. STILL feel like I am burning up, but just had a shower. Now to get on the treadmill after I cool down some more, and then......PAU HANA TIME!!! Yippeeeee.....one more hr for me....you "easties" are at 5 already! Dwink Up!!!!

Katheeeeeeee

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Julie LOL u found Stella, Jiminy she still looks like she's having a good time. Well by now we all know Stella Dork trained her.

Oooo I just felt a little tickle on the top of my back and I thought it was a bug, it's my Katie-Kat's ear, thar stinker is right behind me and I didn't even see her.--I'm sure that this is the most interesting thing u will read all day ahahaha

OK meet u at the fountain for some good stuff.

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Plenty for all of us.

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Wow, that looks just like my parents fountain here!

Lots of thunder right now.

• juliet62
    edited August 2013

• Beckers
    edited August 2013

Love the fountain Cami!!! You can sit in the bottom and swing your legs!

Julie, lmao at the fart tear jerker!

Wahine, I miss thunder. I miss thunder down under (what they call the Chippendales show in Vegas. That's prob where Mema is.)

Night goils! Three cheers for playin hooky! Got some chit done.

Xoxoxoxo

• karen1956
    edited August 2013

No thunder tonight...thank goodness cuz the dogs don't like it!!! But a slow steady rain....managed to get a walk in this evening but enjoying listening to the rain and the cool breeze with the window open....should be good sleeping weather....need to stop by one of my schools tomorrow....officially back to work next week, but one of my new schools has already started!!!!

Sweet dreams....

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

Good Morning---

Karen didn't it fly by, back to school already.--WoW

Julie u really go me on that one--I thought OooJuliet, then the fart--OK now every's balanced.

Becs u going to work today?

Kat how is everybody doing in u'r family?

BBL

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,903
    edited August 2013

Good morning, Loungettes!  Yesterday was certainly an interesting day at work.  We have  a new receptionist, the former receptionist is moving up to the office manager's position.  One of the nurses is moving up to the Clinical Manager's position, and there is a new nurse in orientation that will take over that nurse's caseload.  Good choices all, and lots of positive energy in the office yesterday. 

WOW!!  What an image to wake up to!!!!!!

Wahine--I like it when situations take care of themselves, too.  I was leaning more and more to staying put, so I really feel like this is the best way to go for everyone involved.  Woops, gotta shush, trying to listen to Cammy's doctor hunk!

Becs--You should be able to get off the effexor and go onto zoloft without too much trouble.  Talk to your doc about starting on a low dose of zoloft when you start weaning off the effexor, ad stepping up the zoloft as you decrease the effexor.  Don't blame you on taking the day off.  So much change going on in the various work places lately!

Cammy--good point you have, and I'm glad it got taken care of for me!  Well, that report is definitely a good news/not so good news situation.  Good that you can live without risking surgery to fix it.  Good that the only side effect is pain, that can be managed.  Not so good that the surgery would be so big and so risky.  So are you and the Flying Organdas going on tour any time soon??? 

Karen--Love the memories!  Life was different back then, wasn't it? 

Juliet--I hear you about exercise, I need too, the body doesn't want to! 

Cammy--Katie-Kat's being sneaky! 

Becs--I saw Thunder From Down Under when I was in Vegas years ago, still have the cocktail glass souvenier! 

Princess Glitter Sizzle's DOTD is the Blueberry French 75

12-15 blueberries

0.5 oz lemon juice (or juice from half a lemon)

1 oz gin

3 oz sparkling wine (a brut Champagne is traditional, but I say use whatever is cheap and dry)

Ice

In a large wide mouth glass (like a pint glass or a shaker), muddle the blueberries just enough to make them juicy without turning them to mush.  Add lemon juice, gin and a handful of ice.  Stir or shake gently.  Add the sparkling wine, and then pour the whole thing into a champagne glass.  (A highball glass is more traditional, but I prefer the stemless champagne glasses

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited August 2013

yea cammie

NM I read there is a  illness happening in Maine from the lobsters

Im so happy they found that girl but killed the guy

I recruiter called me so we will c what he has for me

not sure if Im ready for work yet

still in pain pills im going to get hat infusion at the hospital

you all said those are big foobs well yes they r and she prob shouldnt of put them on my body the way she placed them is hurting me and the nerve pain

I like toffettu toffeti icecream cuties they r called

I drank lots of booze yesterday no more for a bit

its raining here im going to read a book and watch scary movies

one of those days

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2013

Well NM, we knew that would happen and He did make your decision. Like my mom says He IS good.

LOL, I tink we all got hit in de face with that nice bum Kat. But ah hem Becks, wanting him to turn around so you can see hims face, when you can see hims face in de mirror. I’m on to ya goilie!

Ok, on the “peep pole”, you guys know things fly over my head, and right through my zoom net. Tanks again for keeping me straight. As for the Effexor, I have heard of girls taking the pills apart and taking one little ball out, and then the next day, take out 2, next day 3, so on and so on. Good luck on that one.

Ha ha Cami, only 3 things outta place in my kitchen, NOPE. You saw my kitchen, it’s pretty big, so I have chit scattered from one end to the udder. Wow girl, you should be in the Guiness book. And OMG, LMAO at the Flying Organdas, how do you keep your humor? I know, that is just how you are. Passing on the dangerous surgery is good, but hate that you have to live with that pain, like you don’t have enough in other places!!!! Is it constant? And how bad is it on the “scale” of 1-10? I hope your pain meds help. (((((CAMI)))))

So true Karen, not to mention having only about 5 channels to watch on the tv! Our adult children, especially the boys, still play those games, hours and hours, and one is almost 40! This is something I have always wondered about and just heard in on the news, that the kids are getting curvature of the spine from being hunched over their smart phones, games, etc.  Good luck on going back to work.

And yes Cami, summer FLIES by, why can’t winter FLY by???

Julie, I think maybe someone just put those 4 lbs. in your pocket. Nice to see Stella has her own Tender to spank her!!!! LOL! Funny monkey, yep….just fart one time.

NM, glad all is GOOD at work, gives me the warm fuzzies for you.

My husband did the most amazing thing for me yesterday, he made up a “newspaper article” for me for my birthday. But one of the nice things he put in it was a trip to Tulsa. CTCA, the cancer center I went to, has a 5 year Celebration of Life, for those that have hit their 5 year mark, and we ARE GOING! If any of you want to see, let me know and I will send it privately, don’t want to post it here.

What infusion Lara? Good luck with the job.

Ok, I have our friend who helps us with packing bringing me a red bell pepper today, so I will be canning some zucchini relish today. Also while grating the zucchini, I decided to make 2 loaves of zucchini bread, and managed to clean up my mess! And I need a visual on the drinks NM, some just sound so yummy, so here is the Blueberry French 75. Thanks for sharing your blueberries!

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Oh yummmm, I love zucchini bread Lori, and never think to make it. Can you share some with us? Just bring it to the HTL and it will be gone in a flash. I had my 5 yr too, but since I didn't go to a cancer center, no celebrations for me. I am SO GLAD you will get to celebrate there. Yeah, send me the link, I would like to read about it. Sounds like such a nice birthday trip that he planned for you. Wasn't it Becks that took one "ball" at a time out of her pill? LOL. Love the visual of our DOTD...looks healthy too.

NM, thanks for finding our DOTD....yummm!!!

Lara, Is that treat made from tofu? My dr stressed the other day that I shouldn't have ANY soy products.....since I am HER+. But I won't give up my soy sauce, no sirreeeebob. And I do use a lot of it...my Aloha Shoyu from Hawaii, its sooo good. Thats my vice. AND now they found out that testosterone is causing breast cancer in women, so that leaves out EVERYTHING that can help our libidos. Chit! Darn it, too bad they put in such big implants that it is hurting you. Mine did hurt for several months though, till it all settled in. Hope your pain will go away.

BIG HUGS for Dorkie today, she is going through a lot and can use ALL our prayers too! (((((Dotty)))).

And Cami, I love what Julie said to you yesterday about how she loves you for all you bring to the HTL (well, diff words, but same meaning), and I wanted to second that. You are a beacon of light here, for sure! I am so thankful for the day you "stumbled" into the HTL. And I also remember how you thought you were "boring" and had nothing to say...HUH???? Quite the opposite, as you are a bundle of FUN!!! Love ya, girl.

Happy TWOSDEY ebberyone!!!!!

Kat

• wahine
    edited August 2013

OK, who wants to cry? Get the kleenex out, my friend just posted this on FB, even though its from 2011, it will touch your heart....

http://samuel-warde.com/2013/02/the-most-moving-performance-of-music-you-will-see-this-year-video-2/

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited August 2013

Kathy, I meant the link of the newspaper article that DH made for me. But here is a link from last years celebration at CTCA. http://www.cancercenter.com/community/celebrate-life/

Not sure about wanting to cry, but will check it out.

Of course you can have some zucchini bread!

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Lori, that celebration sounds so fantastic! I love it that they plant trees for the survivors. Awesome!!!!

• wahine
    edited August 2013

Shoot, more crying. PLEASE pray for our Dorothy, her furbaby Mandi just passed away. I am crying (really), as it breaks my heart, I know how hard this is. And all of you who love furbabies can feel her pain too, I am sure. (((((Dorothy)))) and (((((Mandi))))). She is now in doggie heaven, running and free. I love you Dotty....

Rainbow Bridge 

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. 

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. 
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. 
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. 

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. 
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. 

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. 

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. 

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... 

Author unknown... 

• karen1956
    edited August 2013

I just saw on fb that DorK lost her precious dog Mandi.....HUgs to DorK...sending you a great big cyber hug.....

• camillegal
    edited August 2013

OMG I haven't been on anything.  Oh DORK what a tradgedy for u--It breaks my heart. I'm so so sorry.

Kat the rainbow ridge was so beautidul, I never read that before--it really touched me--we've all lot our furbabies and it's so difficult but that was such a great piece to read.

Lori what a great present from u'r DH--that will be so nice being with people who have made it and so happy for everyone. What a thoughtdul thing to do, I never would have thought of that. Oh and if I don't move at all I'm not in much pain, but if I move and walk around it's like 8 or 9 and when I go out with my friends when I come home it's a good 10 but it's worth it.

Orange u are getting an unfusion for what? And wow u've been in pain along time with this one-is it the size of them or is it part of all thiese procedures? I'm so sorry, I never knew doing this could be so bad. Most of u guys know, but I don't.

NM the DOTD looks good, but blueberries and raisins are 2 good things for us and i don't like either. But everyoe else love it so I'm all for it. And again I'm so happy the decision was made for u--things sound better for u now.

Happy Today everyone--all of a sudden I forgot what day it is. BBL

• juliet62
    edited August 2013

(((((((((dorty))))))) so sorry to hear about mandi

• karen1956
    edited August 2013

Lori....I'd love to see what your DH wrote.....the 5 years celebration at CTCA sounds so lovely

Kathy.....my onc lets me have soy in moderation....I love tofu and don't want to give it up but I only eat it once/week.....I was taking testosterone but stopped cuz it really wasn't doing anything....my onc also said okay to it in low, low doses....As we all know life is too short to give up everything!!!!

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited August 2013

please forgive me, five or four pages behind. New laptop - windows 8 - Aaaaaaaaargh.

Brain still fried but I won my disability appeal - only took two years.  Cammi where were you with the letters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave has finally got ajob offer. Hence thge new weird laptop - Bill Gates is evil.

I got my two year all clear today (five months after my last mammo).

Sinead had her 14 week scan - it is now an alien - i prefered the puppy.

Wine is good