Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• Cyndielou
    Cyndielou Member Posts: 1,459
    edited October 2013

I completely missed tonight. I'm drumjr and I contracted. Oh wait that was last night. hello. I'll check back in Manama. Xo and ditto.... again. Nite moon

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited October 2013

Gnite y'all. Mese gotta get headed for bed which usually takes me a bit. My bits are getting longer and longer. Two more days!! Going outta town dis weekend if you don't hear from me, das why. Renting cabin in mountains with my high school friends. Should be good times.

I hope to catch up soon!!!!!!!!!

Luv n hugs n stuffs

• Beckers
    Beckers Member Posts: 979
    edited October 2013

A little Senior Citizen humor! I hope this make you laugh.

Have you been using the new text lingo? Well, here’s a cheat sheet for senior.

Young people have theirs ... now Seniors have their own texting codes:*

ATD - At the Doctors*

BFF - Best Friends Funeral*

BTW - Bring the Wheelchair*

BYOT - Bring Your Own Teeth*

CBM - Covered by Medicare*

CUATSC - See You at the Senior Centre*

DWI - Driving While Incontinent*

FWIW - Forgot Where I Was*

GGPBL - Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low*

GHA - Got Heartburn Again*

HGBM - Had Good Bowel Movement*

LMDO - Laughing My Dentures Out*

LOL - Living on Lipitor*

OMSG - Oh My! Sorry, Gas*

TOT - Texting on Toilet*

WAITT - Who Am I Talking To?*

WTFA - Wet the Furniture Again*

GGLKI - Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking in!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited October 2013

Hahaha --so how old are u Becs?????  LOL A cabin this weekend sounds wonnerful, u'll have a great time.

Oh Dork u have more holes--Oh no. not again. I praying that they heal soonlyest.

I hope everyone is sleeping well tonight.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited October 2013

Good morning, Loungettes! 

Karen--I can imagine how much you miss your Dad right now.  Birthdays and holidays are so hard after a parent dies. 

Goldie--I will avoid Windows 8, I've heard nothing good about it.  Hope your back gets better soon.  And OUCH!  to the camel toe and moose knuckle!

ORLA--what's the new pill, If I'm not being too nosy?  OH, wait, I see, it's gabapentin.  That is a great drug for nerve pain.  You will feel a little weird for a couple of days until you get used to it.  I used it for lymphedema pain and for hot flashes. 

Welcome, Tender!

Cammy--gabapentin is in the class of anti-epileptic drugs, originally used to control seizures.  It works really well on nerve pain, too. 

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited October 2013

4sew--Laughing UP a storm!

Welcome, Eve!

DorK--Your PS is lazy, that's why he didn't do the wet to dry pack on you.  He should have had his nurse do it if he was too busy.  Have someone go with you and take pics as the PS is working, that will freak him out! 

CynCyn--you sound tired, hope you slept well!

Becs--enjoy the mountains, take some pics to show when you get back, OK?

OK, time to get more coffee.  Latah,  Ladies!

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited October 2013

Really what happens if u drink Dork a roni

She said wait 2 hours after taking pill I take it at night so I go zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Becks lmao

Kat lol

kkkkkkkkkkkkk heres the tender back

• Orange73
    Orange73 Member Posts: 2,154
    edited October 2013
      feck

1230 up, 207 down

exactly the same as 'fuck' but so much more fun to use.

originating from Ireland and put to great and hilarious use in the excellent show 'Father Ted', mainly by Father Jack, it is an excellent way to swear, as you can express exactly the same amount of frustration that you would through using 'fuck', but you don't get in trouble - great!

"FECK OFF!"

"feck this, i'm off to the pub"

• wahine
    wahine Member Posts: 7,590
    edited October 2013

Morning Ladies!

Becks, I LOVE the Senior Acronyms.....awesome, I have some people I will send them to for laffs. I love the GGLKI one! Have a blast in the cabin with your friends. Hope the weather will be great too, but as long as there is enuf likker you will have jest as much fun inside!

NM, that would really freak her PS out if Dork took someone with her to take pics.....great idea! I have a "new" drug coming in the mail...the spine surgeon wrote the rx for it, but it really is just 4xdose of ibuprofen but with something like a pepcid ac in it to protect the tummy. Weird that it is sent from a company, and not avail at the pharmacy. Will see if it works as my back is too sore to try to do exercizes for it.

Orla, I tried the gabapentin once also, and it made me feel toooooo weird. But from what NM says, it may take a couple of days or so, to get settled in your system. Hope it works for yoU!!!

CynCynCynCyn...hoping you slept soundly and feel rested today! I didn't....woke up after about 4 hrs sleep and just couldn't get back to sleep....might have to up my melatonin or sumtin.

Oh I am THIRST-DEY! Hoping for a DOTD by one of our talented loungettes....dis is Thirstdey after all...lets dwink and be Mary....or be who ever we wants ta be.

Hugssssssssssssssssssssssssss,

Kat

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited October 2013

Cam, if they throw you in jail, we send for a bail bond to get you out. Or we will come and break you out ourselves. Funny about you telling the new Tender to forget about what 4-Marlin wants! What’s got you so sick?

OMG Kathy, did she REALLY discuss that on live tv (Khloe)??? And your poor back, again! I sure hope to read that you got some hailp from de doctor.

Such sweet and wise words for Karen, Bernie.

Lara, hopefully the pill will help and you can look for a new doc. But why did you throw Dutch out?

Stella, Dutch is not yours to take, we all share! And I see you put soap in the fountain? Girl, you are nuttin but trouble.

4, interesting info on the word “UP”.

Eve, hi and welcome. Pull UP a bar stool…………………LOL!

Dorky, how can anyone loathe you? What happened to the nurse that was coming in to help you. Can you go to the hospital to get that done, or somewhere that nurses are training and have them do it? Just throwing some things out there, this just isn’t fair for you. What appt. do you have today?

Beckers, that sounds like so much fun. Have a blast and take pictures, we LOVE pictures. Love the text codes, I’m sure we could use some of them.

Cyn, you do sound tired. I sure hope you can get new hours soon.

NM, just love all you can offer, great idea for Dork to take pics of the doc while working. And it was Katrinka dat hoyt her back. Mine does bother me at times, but not like what she goes through, or MemaSue.

Oh shoot Kathy, just some stronger Ibuprofen?

Halloween is just around the corner, along with Pinktober. So let’s have a “WICKED VINE”.

Available in September and October, Haru’s “Wicked Vine” is a fresh-from-the-vineyard concoction shaking UP Svedka grape vodka, Cointreau and POM pomegranate and lemon juices. The mixologists at Haru infuse whole grapes into the mix, shake it UP over ice and garnish with more grapes.

wicked vine cocktail

• 6 seedless grapes
    • 1.5 oz Svedka Grape Vodka
    • .5 oz Cointreau
    • .5 oz POM Pomegranate Juice
    • .5 oz Lemon Juice
    • .5 oz Simple Syrup
    • Garnish: 2 seedless grapes (on a pick)
  • wahine
    edited October 2013

Oooooohhhhh a "Wicked Vine" dwink, purrfect for us wicked (I mean FUN) girls! Looks yummy Lori! And YES, Khloe did talk about that on their tv reality(?) show....not sure how much of it is really "real" though. But OMG they talk and show soooo much, so its fun to just watch the chit they do. Yup, just stronger ibuprofen, but with the other med in it to protect the tummy, it might jest work for me. I had to stop Mobic (meloxicam) as it was prolly what gave me ulcers last year..when I took it every day it SURE helped, hated to drop it cold turkey, just like the HRT had to be dropped cold turkey with the bc dx. Arrrggghhh....harder getting older, but as my dad always says, its better than the alternative (I think! lol).

• goldie0827
    edited October 2013

For Katrinka

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited October 2013

Da DOTD sounds yummy and wicked, but me startin wif kaufey

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Den I movin on to likkher

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited October 2013

No time to read back this morning....stayed in bed till 6:30!!! talk about decadent....time to get a walk in, then need to leave to drive to near Boulder to do a health fair "manning" a Komen table...one of my favorite "hobbies" when I'm not working....its aobut 45 minute drive and need to be there between 9:15 and 9:45 to set up and the fair is 10 - 2......

Then need to finally decide on new phone and maybe new carrier and get it by the end of the week-end...DD's phone is on its last leg!!!! 

BBL

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Bottoms up Loungettes!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

have a good day Karen!  That's a nice thing you are going to do.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

• wahine
    edited October 2013

What cute (and sexy) pictures! But my favorite is the special one Lori posted for MESE!!! Thanks Lori, I will share that with my DD2 who is a really big Bama fan, as well as my DH. Thats so purdy!

• BernieEllen
    BernieEllen Member Posts: 2,285
    edited October 2013

Becs – Good one.

Expression - the sun’is over the yardarm

The yardarms on a sailing ship are the horizontal timbers or spars mounted on the masts, from which the square sails are hung. (The word yard here is from an old Germanic word for a pointed stick, the source also of our unit of measurement.) At certain times of year it will seem from the deck that the sun has risen far enough up the sky that it is above the topmost yardarm. In summer in the north Atlantic, where the phrase seems to have originated, this would have been at about 11am. This was by custom and rule the time of the first rum issue of the day to officers and men (the officers had their tots neat, the men’s diluted). It seems that officers in sailing ships adopted a custom, even when on shore, of waiting until this time before taking their first alcoholic drink of the day.

Nowadays, commonly means after 5pm.

Sod that (an old irish term) I say stick to the original.

Expression – Bottoms Up

Drinking toast in England, you aim the BOTTOM of the cup UP in the air, in other words to finish in one drink, to chug, ect.

In Ireland – Up yours – general insult.

• goldie0827
    edited October 2013

Ha ha, well I understand Bottoms Up and Up Yours at least!

Had to share this!

I-65 Closing for Coal Transport

I-65 will be closed tomorrow across Tennessee and Kentucky. They are hauling a 200 ton lump of coal to Mount Rushmore in South Dakota so they can add Barack Hussein Obama to the Mount Rushmore monument.
    B. H. Obama has stated on national TV that he believes himself to be the fourth greatest U.S. President, behind Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln but greater than Theodore Roosevelt.
    They had to settle for coal, because they couldn't find a 200 ton piece of shit.

• wahine
    edited October 2013

Hahaha, love that one Lori!!!!! Sooooooo true! Wish the :poop: worked here, but won't show up.....

Bernie, Love the "Up Yours!"

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

BBBernie I really enjoyed that explanation LOL

And Lori that is so funny about the coal. hahaha I thought it was serious.

Lori I said that to tender cuz I think Tender is 4's Stella maybe, or maybe Tender is really Tender--so I was being sarcasric. as usual.

Lara I have SyFy on.

I'm really late this morning can't get movin' about.

Kat I hope u feel better with these new meds--let us know what they do for u.

And Lara I didn't know that the med u'r on was for nerve pain (Thanks NM) I don't quite understand only because I always thought pain was from nerves somehow--if u block the nerve transmitters then pain would be blocked at any point in u'r body. Im so old school--my pain meds don't block out all the pain they just make it tolerble, but since I can't take much else I just go with it But geeze if u can get something that in the long run helps then stay with it. I hope u feel less weird today.

Dork How are u today? I'm feeling bad for another hole in you OOOHHHH Please get better.

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

ok ladies, I really need to take a pen an dpaper and catch up!  and I was behind to start with..  Today I have already seen 3 doctors, had a dressing change, a pap and a zap.  I'm :pooped:  I get to spend another weekend with this drain too!  It's not gonna slow down until I slow down, and that's not happening any time soon.

Cami--Tender is not me Stella.  If I wuz gonna do dat, why would I use me own name??  I fell off de turnip truck, but it was a while ago!

Tender is a real boy.  I know who he is, but he not me.  He a good friend and his wife had breast cancer.  He was here one time we wuz habbin a Partay.  He the one helped me learn to post all de pics.  He just a tender hearted guy what is mad, sad, scared, frustrated, lonely sometimes, and feelin helpless to help his wife udder times.  he seen how much fun it is here and dat ebberybunny hear has positive attitude no matter what chit dey facing.

He just wanted to play along and blow off some steam.  He intimidated now and don't think he comin back.  He say he tink he make you nice ladies uncomfortable.  Don't know why he use my name in his cept that he thought it would get him past de bouncers!  Instead it got him booted!

Yeah!! it gettin close to 5 and it is 5 somewhere! Or like Bernie say, who gib a chit what time it is?  Ok I paraphrased and don't have the accent, but you get the point!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

I'm sticking with the fruit theme of the day!

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Nobody here so the tenders fallin asleep on de job..................

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Bernie,  I thought Frank was feeling better.  He must still be hung over!

geekdomme:  LOL. Denied!

• camillegal
    edited October 2013

HAHA--I knew Ternder had sumptin to do with u--one way or anoder. There's so much I don't know about so many tings, but I nose mese peeps. LOL It's dat extra sense, of course its fading wit my regular senses but I used to be reaallly good.

Having a anoder bad day--more D and feeling floopy and I hurt---so I just taken it eazzzy. hahaha I know I always take it eazzy but more dan usual.

Oh I've been watching the capital business, u know how I am, Miss Poitical Carzyperson--That lady had a kid in the car. OMG The the school had a SEMI-lockdown--Joey's school--someone got into and accident and the driver ran off---there were about 7 undercover cops in front, can't fool me---but ebertings OK now--But to many lockdowns today for me--I got so anxious cuz of Joey tho---goofy day. 

• 4sewwhat
    edited October 2013

Sorry you feelin floopy Cami Crazyperson and glad to know you gotz some kind of scents.  Hopes you feel better soon. 

Sorry bout Joey's school.  it sux these days. Hate it when stuff like that happens at the schools.  Not so long ago here they had a middle school on lockdown and had everybody freaked out about a guy with a knife gettin in.  Turned out some little chit made the whole thing up.  My kid would be bettr off in custody den comin home to me after makin something like that UP, that's for sure.  Then I would be in custody.

Don't worry bout tender, don't think he comin back.  He don't want you ladies thinking he intruding and making you all uncomfortable.  He take orders good though and do what you tell/ask of him, so the bar was well stocked last night!