Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2015

Oh Julie I'm so sorry u'r going thru such a long harsh winter, I have an idea, why don't u go visit Kim for a week to get out of that horrendous zone u'r living with. Oh again I have a brilliant idea I'mm even call u'r qork and tell them u need to change weather for a while cuz u need a rest from it. Oh Julie we all feel so sorry for u. Winking

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited December 2015

She did it! My little Anorable getting so big!

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited December 2015

Genny- so cute. Lil Miss Adorable looks like she is questioning the whole Santa thing? LOL!

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited December 2015

Hiya girls, jest popping my head in to see who is around. I see Jazzygirl slumped over a barstool, wondering if I can get on the loungetenders to wake her. hehe.

Genny, aNorable does look so big there with Santa, where has the time gone? She is adorable as her name implies and then some ♥

Julie, do you want us to feel sorry for you, REALLY?

I hope you all have a fantastic week. And Lori, no taking mese Jack away again, that upsets me.

cheerS!

• maryland
    edited December 2015

Good morning all, drinking my coffee before my 3 day work week ten I'm off till the 30th, yay! DH went and bought 7 one pound lobster tails for Xmas Eve! Yum, can't wait!

Dara, so good to see you in the lounge, I'm sure you talked de tenders into getting yer Jack outta it's hiding place. Hope work is getting better, maybe we'll see you in the lounge over the Xmas break, I think I heard Santa was putting some Xtra Jack in yer stocking.

Jazzy, cute Santa in the cocoa hot tub.

Julie, so sorry about your bad weather, hope you are thawing out.

Gotta run, have a good day!

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited December 2015

Genny, anorable is anoradarling! She reminds me of my little cousin. How old is she, three?

Jazzy, love the hot cocoa pic. With a little cognac or brandy... Perfect😀

Cami, don't know what to say except I hope you find relief soon!

Julie, I live in Southern Ca, but have spent the past 3 winters in Ohio, so I completely get you're 2015 winter struggle.:).

• heidi s
    edited December 2015

The Red Brute, a really fun sparkling Shiraz from Australia.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited December 2015

Good morning, (hmm, yup, still morning) Loungettes!I am back from the weekend from hell.Totally fried and didn't go to work today cuz I was too tired to drive safely any more.Went to bed after the office opened and I could turn that effing bedeviled phone OFF.Now I have a nice cup of coffee and am going to sit here and leisurely sip and ketchup!

Jazzy--glad the first day with the new client went well.

Juliet--I get into Orlando a few minutes before 1 pm on Jan 23rd.I'mtaking advantage of the Motorcoach package that will move me and my luggage to the resort, not sure how long that trip takes.

Genny--oh my goodness your poor friend Jenny!I hope she's been connected up with abreast surgeon or an oncology center by now, or before she does anything else.She needs more info and more expert management before she can know what her choices are.

Hsant--we can be a superstitious bunch here, so understand your choice of words!

Queen--hooray for no limitations!

Cammy--congrats to Leslie on her diploma!

Genny--yup, office baby is getting VERY big, and walking!So crazy to see.And all kinds of teeth and eating everything, regardless of if it's food or not!

Planet--yup, "routine" is a good word for surgery.

Goldie--nope, no calls doesn't happen.At least not to me.I started out getting calls Friday night into Saturday at midnight, 2 am, 4 am and 7:30 am.From Friday 5 pm to Monday 8 AM I drove 445.4 miles.At an average speed of 45 MPH, that's 10 hours of driving time.No wonder I'm sick of the inside of my car, especially since I caught some naps in the car in between drives!The daughter's reason for not giving the meds is that she didn't think her mother needed them.It was a control thing.The daughter needed to be in control.

Cute Lifeguard!

Pretty lights, Jazzy!

Cammy--I so wish you felt better.Ooh, I really like the sound of the Russian Nutcracker!

Chi--sounds like you are having a great trip, excepting maybe themartinis and the one wine.Can't wait to see pics.

Thanks for posting the Banana Banshee, Cammy!Looks yummy!

Genny--I never realized how complicated running a hair salon in a facility could be.Never had a chance to see behind the scenes.Not having a phone sounds like a real safety issue to me, how would get help if one of the clients got sick or if someone fell in the hallway outside the door?What a fustercluck is right!

Cammy-- your GF sounds like quite a lady!I imagine they'll spring her pretty quickly, or she'll make them regret it!

Juliet--so cold you didn't have your AC on?What is the world coming to!

Awww, Anorable and Santa!

Dara--My week's got no place to go but up, but it's going to have another nap in the immediate future!Good to see you.

Genny--lobstah tails for Christmas?Is that like getting coal in your stocking?:)Sound really great.

OK, I've got to get something to eat and then probably another nap.I'm still feeling pretty wrung out.Too old for this up half the night and working all day stuff.

Sadie says Woof!

• 4sewwhat
    4sewwhat Member Posts: 1,895
    edited December 2015

• camillegal
    edited December 2015

Mary Adorable's hair got so long, she looks so sweet.

Dara I'm glad u pooped in for a minute and Lori's on vacay so just relax about u'r likker.

Hsant the bottle looks like fun.

NM are u feeling OK today, I'm sure u'r exhausted, what a weekend u had. What's u'r last day this week.?

Dara did u shop loas for u'r little sweetheart.

Joey and I are ffinishing our wrapping tonite.

Of course I had my Dmost of the day, I was calling my new Dr. for that combo of pills I took when I didn't have it, u know I actually wore underwear, real cotton underwear then--I can not be sick over the Holiday, They gave me stronger meds buut so farthere is stlll chit, I hate this so much. I know I'm always complaining but I just don't want to miss Christmas again this hear. Oh well time will tell.

I was thinking I never remember seeing Santa when I was a kid, did all of u? just didn't seem important to parents years ago, at least where I lived.

Well I see 4 jumped in;; how are u? and are u going on the trip? Of course we all like u version of the ole ChristMAN tree.

OK all take care and

I LUBS U ALL

• heidi s
    edited December 2015

Cami, you are not whining, complaining, etc. you feel like shit. Period. From the bottom of my heart I hope you get relief soon!! I know this is none of my business, but have you seen a gastroenterologist? I'm a newbie here, so if this has been discussed, I haven't read it on any thread.

NM, nice that you could give yourself a day off! Btw, you are one cool lady.

4sew, your pic speaks for itself. Lol. Happy holidays

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2015

Cami- hugs on the D front. This chit is total BS. Devil

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited December 2015

Hi girls,

Popping in for some monday night cheer and a view at the HTL Christmas tree, thanks 4, that tree is looking mighty fine.

Cam, never feel bad for complaining, you have every right to come in cursing and ranting and raving. You poor dear. I will say a prayer, hope it helps. You deserve a nice Christmas. I shall not take for granted wearing underwear ever again. Love you ((((Camilee))))

Cool, Lori can't steal mese JD, thanks for letting me know.

Hi Genny. And hello to all mese goils.

cheers!

• nativemainer
    edited December 2015

Good morning, Loungettes!Happy Twofer Tuesday!Totally discombobulated from the weekend, thinking today is Monday, slept through most of yesterday.Did get up long enough to actually cook and eat a hot meal for the first time in days.That was a treat!

4--nice lights!

Cammy--this week I'm working Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and am on call and working Saturday, off Sunday, back to a regular week on Monday.It must be so frustrating to miss so many holidays and special days due to the chit.So not fair.I remember seeing Santa as a child, not just in stores but there was a man who dressed up as Santa and walked up and down the streets of my town, handing out candy canes to kids after school.

Hsant--there was no way I was going to try to drive all over the place yesterday, just too tired.Even super nurses like me have limits!

Morning, Jazzy!

Dara--nice looking, tree, isn't it?

Candy McSparkle's DOTD:

The Santa Shot is a gorgeous little red and green layered shot that tastes like a candy cane. It's Christmas ascetics combined with Christmas flavors, and it packs plenty of Christmas spirit.

Santa Shot Recipe

• 1 part grenadine syrup
    • 1 part green creme de menthe
    • 1 part peppermint schnapps

Pour grenadine to about 1/3 of your shot glass. Carefully layer equal parts of the creme de menthe, then the peppermint schnapps. Don't worry if the schnapps and creme de menthe blend together, as mine did. You can garnish it with crushed candy canes, if you want.

• juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited December 2015

good morning all I can feel the love over our Florida winter!

Can miss adorable get any cuter.ps on kindle so some interesting comments ahead.interesting information on the commission issues.but no phones not safe at all.second that your friend really needs a second opinion.

'm.speaking from our end it takes so long some timed to get someone to accept that medicine can do no more for them or there loved one

The cruise documents have arived

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2015

Good morning friends- today will be my last day here until next week. Got to get to the client site for another day of work, finish up around home tonight to be ready to leave, and flying out tomorrow morning for my holiday weekend on the west coast.

Juliet- how exciting about the cruise docs arriving. You guys are going to have a super fun time!

4see- wowza! I could have fun untangling those lights! LOL!

Cami- how is the D today? Is the med combo helping yet?

Native ME- sounds like you have a busy week. You mentioned you are on call. Do you do IT work?

Planet- I hope you are feeling better from the surgery and are able to get out to the party this week as planned.

Dara- nice to hear from you as always. I like the spunk in your posts girlfriend.

Wishing you a good holiday this week, time with family and friends, good cocktails and fine wines, etc. I think you have all been VERY good this year and Santa did notice!

Be safe my people!

• camillegal
    edited December 2015

Good Morning Ladies,

This is just creeping up on us with Christmas, but I do hte when it's over, even tho everyone is rushing around, it's always a let down when it ends.Les said between my D she'll do my hair, I HAVE to get it colored and cut, it's so long I basically can only wear a pony tail, silly me, I couldn't do that when I was young.

Jazzy u'r going to have a great week, it's funny cuz when u said the west coast I was thinking oh how far forgetting where u live. Just be safe and and enjoy u'rself.

NM if I ever in my life had a dinner party I would place the DOTD as a placecard, it so pretty, such a happy looking drink. Now u sound like u'r working alot to me and on call too. And we all know u'r on call means business.

Julie how are u doing? U've got all the papers--II think it's like only a month away now. Holy chit

I'm glad 4 poked in but did anyone talk to her? She's no doubt busy with kids and family now. As long as she's feeling good.

Dara I miss all u news, but glad u poop in.

BTW Nancy u take really good pictures, u have a beautiful smile.

Just got a call, see u later and I miss Lori.

I LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited December 2015

Wow no one on today--I hope it's cuz everyone is busy or whoopin it up for party time.. Leslie is so busy, Thank God she has Joey, he's right there with her doing whatever she needs, I told her I'd wrap any presents she has left, but she likes to wrap Marty's (I'm gagging) I wish I could do more for her, in a way but my energy level is so low right now I'm drinking like crazy. My goal is to be able to go for Christmas at this point. Oh she understands. I did do more wrapping last nite (with Joey) so at least that done. Now we have to watch my Katie, she can't do one trick, but unwrap presents and they're never for her. Brat.

It's still dark and rainy here, better than snow right now with everyone out and about. I don't know why I feel so shaky today, I don't want to take any Xanax, cuz I'm taking painmeds--Geeze I'll mix alchmohol but not meds. hahaha but then again maybe I will.........

Les still has to finish my shopping for my nieces. Wht I do is buy 5 in a pack of lipstick, nail polish or something like tht and put it all in one bag and they pick what colr they want--It's esy and esy to wrap. So she'll go to Ulta and get something tonite or tomorrow. It's the last thing.

This is relly the time I miss driving cuz I could do some stuff and even to the store so I could make my fudge and cookies, but their time is so taken up now and I can't relly walk around the the stores very well I just go along. Oh well it could be so much worse so again I should just shut up, but I can't.

OK I'll check back later, not to busy at working today.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited December 2015

Cami: Dismal day over here on the other side of the lake too--braved Meijer for lamb on sale. Crowded but everyone chatty and affable. About to make myself some hot cocoa. Possibly with additives that I'll never tell my oncologists about, but I admit nothing.

That idea of five nail polishes or whatever sounds like a fun way of going about things.

• maryland
    edited December 2015

Hi goils, drinking my spiked eggnog right now and it's yummy! Got everything done, working tomorrow and will have Thursday morning to do a quick clean of the house. Can't wait for Xmas Eve, I miss my Nora so much and looking forward to seeing my son and DIL and Dh's son and GF coming from California. Haven't seen them since October. DH is going to take Emma to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital on Christmas Day to visit the kids that have to be there.

Cami, I do think everyone is just busy now. So glad that Leslie is done with school. Glad to hear she's gonna work in your hairdo, sorry it has to be around the D. Hope you get to go to your parties. Holy chit is right, Xmas is coming!

Gotta run, DH home and taking me out to dinner!

• nativemainer
    edited December 2015

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Hump Day!Although I'm not sure how this works with Friday being a holiday.Whatever, though, right?And nice to get the cruise documents in the mail yesterday!It's getting real!

Another example of Political Correctness gone crazy:A local high school teacher has been putting up a pink artificial Christmas tree and decorating it with Hello Kitty things.This year she was told to take it down, that it wasn't allowed.Well, it created a ruckus, and the principal has reversed the ruling and allowed it to go back up and there is lots and lots of talk about Christmas Trees being a cultural icon, having secular as well as religious significance as a symbol of a public holiday, etc, etc.So crazy!

Really, how offensive can this be to ANYBODY?

Juliet--It can take time to get people to understand that medicine has limits, that's for sure.

Jazzy--have a great weekend on the west coast!I'm a Hospice Nurse, and it is being a busy week.But it's always busy right around the holidays, when families come home to visit and discover that GrandDad or Mom really isn't doing as well as they sound on the phone, call up the local doc and ask for more help.

Cammy--ah, getting your hair done, what a luxury!That is a pretty drink, isn't it?This is a busy time of year for home care, everyone wants to get home for Christmas, no matter how sick they are, so we admit, admit, admit!Holiday time is hard for lots of people, and I can see why it would be hard for you with the D and not driving and not feeling so well.Wish I could fix it.

Queen--I found a leg of lamb in the grocery store yesterday I bought for my Christmas dinner this year!Gonna pop it in the crock pot in the ayem, and let it go.Now to decide what to have with it. . .

Genny--what do you spike your Eggnog with?I know bourbon is the traditional, but I like to spike it with spiced rum.

Candy McSparkle's DOTD:

Christmas drink recipes alcohol

• maryland
    edited December 2015

Good morning ladies, 1 more work day and I'm off for 6, yay! Stepson, or bonus child for Lori is here, so nice to see him. And tomorrow, lobsters and aNorable!

NM, wish I had some fresh rasberry juice, that sounds yummy, cept I'd use vodka. Hope you get some well deserved time off for the holidays. Unbelievable about the tree, it's all gone crazy and so outta hand. I wish we could get back to the constitution where the word God was used plenty and we truly did have freedom of religion! It's just nuts...

Cami, hope you're feeling better... fingers crossed...

Gotta run, heve to go get the ladies pretty for Xmas!

So Happy day before CHRISTmas Eve everybody!!!!! Political correctness be damned!

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited December 2015

Morning DahhhhLinks!

I been sooo sooo busy had to put my breasties on the back burner. And I still am crazy busy. So just a quick poop in to say I'm OK. MO did let me do blood work here, was still to low, but this past Monday it was fine, so I did tx yest. Come to find out the nurse misspoke...wasn't potassium it was my platelets. And here I been eating bananas like a monkey. Now I'm back with the C and sick bowels...it tis what it is.

Julie - Did u get luggage tags in ur packet? I did and 2 of them are for you. They are for boarding the ship. We will have to meet up b4 embarking so I can give u yours. Unless u got some in ur packet too.

Cami - been reading a little bit of the posts. My heart aches for you and I will say xtra prayers the damn D goes away before ur celebrations.

Good to all the goils...ya'll have a fab Christmas!

Lubslubslubslubs to everyone.

• camillegal
    edited December 2015

Hello Ladies, it's always nice to see u SusyQ and u'r always so busy, bless u'r heart and I truly hope u'r up to all the festivities that are coming u'r way. Really and truly I don't tell u gals about how I feel so u can feel bad, I'm just venting, I'm very well aware of how lucky I am and I'm still hanging around, but u gals are the ones I really vent with then I feel like u understand and then I feel better, but I never want to be a groaner for the sake of groaning. So sll in sll it's all good.

NM u make a martini look so inviting I too would use vidka but they look so fun. U'r almost at the end of u'r work week and I'm happy for u, u need to nwind and enjoy. How about oven bakes potatoes with a little oil and oregano and mixed condiments, it's kind of Greek, and Italian and brussel sprouts baked with bacon rolled on them and a nice Greek salad. or green beans with almonds and if u want mint jelly. Now I have to VENT about the Christmas tree, u said it was at a school and these must be teachers, If they really knew about this (now if I remember correctly) this oiginally was not a Christian thing, and when the actual tree came into the house it was to celebrate Winter Solstice altho the German started making it more religious the original meaning was not about religion. Stupid teachers In actuality atheists started all of this altho they called them pagans, I don't like that word. Of course I could be wrong like usual but that's how I remember it. Oh back to food, if u want u can wash the potatoes really good and then cut in quarters and u won't even have to peel them. LOL

Well Les was going to do my hair but she's so damn much to do yet, I told u her MIL invited about 12 more people and didn't tell her till just a few days ago an Les is all crazy (as anyone would be) I should have done my hair earlier but she knew I had my D for a while so we put it off--so no one's really at fault but I just don't want to drag her into more time used. And on top of that she makes work, she wanted to was walls that were painted last year, she is totally breaking tradition that I have created of Welcome to my home and remember I live here--which freed me from any culpability of anything.

I'll check back later

I LUBS U ALL--I miss Lori andDara get in here and Hsant where are u and Planet, I think Cindy's on vacay, u too Queen--Jazzy away It's looking like I'l have all the tenders to meeeself.

• camillegal
    edited December 2015

• queenmomcat
    edited December 2015

Cami: (wails) and you're not gonna SHARE?

• camillegal
    edited December 2015

Queen thst's just one of them there are more to go around. Or we can share.

• camillegal
    edited December 2015

image There's more

• queenmomcat
    edited December 2015

Cami; how very gracious, madam! I'll take the second and fifth from the left.

• heidi s
    edited December 2015

NM, I LOVE that Santa shot! Booze upon minty booze. You're a hospice nurse? Wow, impressive!

Genny, you are such an awesome lady. I hope you had a wonderful dinner with your hubby last night. It sounds like you have an amazing Christmas holiday planned. Enjoy those lobsters and your family. Oh! and this fantastic weather!

Cami, girl... You are funny! I'm cracking up reading your posts! Obviously, since I'm a newbie I'm not familiar with your family, but I'm fascinated. There's obviously a lot of love surrounding you. I hope you're feeling better.

Mema, Breasties...big haha!

Jazzy, where on the coast? Have fun! My guess is I don't have to tell you this☺️.

In the spirit of the booze thread, I thought I would share that I'm drinking Cline reserve Zinfandel this evening. Cheers!