Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• dara_diverse
    dara_diverse Member Posts: 5,004
    edited December 2015

Hi girls,

Happy CHrisTmas eve day eve. I can't believe it is so close now.

Sue, glad to see you pop in but sorry you are so blasted busy. I hope you can take some time off on Christmas to relax and enjoy yourself.

NM, I too got the cruise booklet in the mail. I will have to check to make sure that I do not have Mary's baggage labels. What a crazy story about that Christmas tree. I agree with you and Genny that it is time to put Christ back in Christmas and allow our country to sailabrate as we so chose. I hope you are not working too hard this week and are coming down from the hustle and bustle of the weekend work.

Right Queen, Cami needs to share with all of us.

Genny, enjoy your company and having Anorable back with you. I bet she is fun to have around this CHristmas.

Cam, don't feel bad about venting to us, we are here for you. I truly wish you a D free couple of days if not a D free lifetime. I do feel bad for you, can't help it. You are a good person and do not deserve to go through all of this. Shucks about not getting your hair done, you are so patient.

Well I have to get moving and get some dinner ready. My housemate will be home shortly and all I have done since I got home is slack and dwink.

Love and hugs and lots of CheeRs to all!

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,969
    edited December 2015

Hi ladies- just wanted to tell you I made it to Palm Springs! I forgot how much I hate holiday travel, never mind LA traffic.But I got to my sister house around 4 p.m. and proceeded right to the a bottle of red wine.

Tomorrow we are going in to town to have some fun. Wishing you all a good Xmas Eve!

• maryland
    maryland Member Posts: 1,047
    edited December 2015

Good very early morning ladies. Here I am finally done with work for 6 whole days and I was wide awake at 5:30. DH on the other hand was up all night with insomnia and now is fast asleep. Lobster tails in the fridge thawing and spaghetti loaf is all made and in the fridge...Yum! Came home last night and made myself a Manhattan. Had dinner with stepson and gf, they are such a nice couple, I was telling them some stories about my rotten teen years and the parties I had when my parents were out of town. He is old enough for such tales now that he is no longer the one throwing the parties while we are out of town, there were plenty of those as well. Anyway they are here from California.

Suzi, nice to see you, hope you get to settle down and enjoy some Christmas. Will you see the g-kids? Potassium and platelets...big difference there, hope you got things moving after eating all those bananas.

Dara, so nice to see your purdy face in the lounge. I did get my own luggage passes. Not sure if I'm fully checked in, I may have to call Kathy next week. Will you see your DD and Logan for Christmas?

Jazzy, glad to hear you made it to Palm Srings safe and sound, now have fun!

hsant, Had my sliding door to the bedroom opened all night, this weather is amazing! DH went golfing yesterday and is going again this morning. Hope you and your family have a nice time.

Cami, some Xmas cheer indeed! Oh I so hope you are feeling better this Christmas eve morning. And I hope Joey has his best Xmas yet!

Queen, I think any of them would do just fine.

Lori, miss ya girl, hope you're having a great time!

I want all my breasties to have a wonderful and blessed day, enjoy your families and enjoy your drinks!

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,902
    edited December 2015

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Christmas Eve! Looking forward to this evening, I love listening to the scanner, they have regular Be On The Look Out reports of a guy in a red suit traveling at high rates of speed.The dispatchers have a ball with this and often say something to their kids or grandkids like "time for little Janie and Johnny to be in bed or Santa will skip over your house!"

Genny--Off for 6 days, YEAH!This whole political correctness thing has gone way, way too far in my opinion.I did just see a report of a bunch of stores that have put up a sign that pretty much saysthat they say Merry Christmas and if it offends you, don't come in.Pretty sad when we have to do something like that.

Mema--hmm. Platelets and potassium are a bit different!I bet you feel like a monkey alright!

Cammy--keep on venting, that's what we're here for!Substitution in the DOTD always allowed.Roasted potatoes sound like a great side for my leg of lamb tomorrow.And I think I have some green beans around.And almonds.Seems I've got my menu for my personal celebration tomorrow!Then I'm back on call for 24 hours Saturday.But it should be ok. I like your "welcome to my home and remember I live here" tradition!

Ooh ,Cammy, nice selection!I want the third form the left!

Hsant--that Zin sounds nice, I like a good Zin.

Dara--I've got tomorrow off, working Saturday.I praying the day after Christmas will be uneventful!But it's only 24 hours, so that will help. I'll have Sunday to recover if Saturday is nuts.

Jazzy--Hooray for safe arrivals and a direct line to the red wine!

Candy McSparkle's DOTD:

Jack Frost winter inspired drink! Christmas has passed but the cold weather still lingers. For a girls night in, try this drink recipe! Sounds super delicious to me! #drinks #adults #adultsonly #recipe #jackfrost #winter #alcohol #fun #girlsnight #datenight:

• maryland
    edited December 2015
  • juliet62
    juliet62 Member Posts: 3,246
    edited December 2015

Good morning all, sue stop worrying got labels too! too busy re reading the bit that said you could have a 6 pack of beer or 2 bottles of wine in your carry on luggageHappyThumbsUpMedicatingLoopy

how about uk roast taties,you patially boil the tators for 10 mins then cover them in hot fat-goose or beef then roast them in a hot oven until golden brown about 40 mins .love them covered in beef gravy with yorkshire pudding. off to a friends house tomorrow , got a hamper from my family from a uk company so lot of uk goodies!

have fun people went to pt , so time for a tramadol and a nap

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited December 2015
  • juliet62
    edited December 2015

• heidi s
    heidi s Member Posts: 398
    edited December 2015

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates!

Juliet, potatoes cooked in goose (or duck) fat. Amazing!

Native, any cocktail that's blue, and I'm your girl. Love! Enjoying Concrete Zin tonight. Very smooth, with lovely berry notes.

Genny, how was Christmas Eve? How did the lobsters come out? This weather is ridiculous in the best possible way.

Jazzy, hope you're enjoying a CA Christmas. And as someone who's lived there for the past 20 plus years, traffic certainly sucks.

• dara_diverse
    edited December 2015

• dara_diverse
    edited December 2015

Jazzy, have fun in Palm Springs.

NM, enjoy your day off, hope Saturday is not bad.

Genny, hope you enjoyed your Christmas eve sailabration. And yes, I will be going to my daughter's house and seeing baby Logan tomorrow. Then after that, I will head over to mese seester's house for dinner.

To all, have a Very Merry Christmas. Time for bed!

Christmas cheers!!!

• juliet62
    edited December 2015

Merry Christmas everybody,let the celebrations begin, enjoy the day

• maryland
    edited December 2015
  • goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited December 2015

Hey hey all. I'm home! We came back early and canceled our visit to Cali. Weather was a bit unpredictable, so just cut it short. Had a great time. Spent one afternoon at our cocktail waitress friend, Basia. She is Polish and her parents were visiting from Poland. Dad speaks no English. He and my DH were doing shots all day with some VERY strong vodka! DH hardly ever drinks. So he was in bed by 4:30! Went to the movies, Start Wars in 3D, I'm not a Star Wars buff, but it was good. Also saw Sisters. Super funny but very sexual humor.

Cami, I hope you able to enjoy the festivities at your house. And got your hair done. I sent Joey a text, but no response. Does he not have his phone anymore?

Mary, would love to see Emma at work, what a blessing. And I don't think Nora can get any cuter.

Wacko, PLEASE picture of you and Logan. Here is some JD for ye.

Jazzy, how is it you had to endure LA traffic on the way to Palm Springs?

LDB, so you are done with treatment now? Glad you were able to get it done.

All this cruise talk has me excited! Y'all will have so much fun.

Not going to address everyone, but I have read all. Just a typical day for us, as no family to share with. So just another day. Wishing you all a very blessed and Merry Christmas!

• nativemainer
    edited December 2015

Merry Christmas Loungettes!50 degrees and sunny, with a couple inches of snow predicted for next week.Crazy winter so far!Sadie and I had a nice sleep in.Leg of lamb in the crock pot, Annie playing on TV, it's a lovely ayem!

Genny--pretty drink, I'll have to find that recipe!

Juliet--Hmmm, if all 7 of us brought 2 bottles of wine we'd have 3 1/2 bottles per night to drink!No, I'm not suggesting that, I know some of us like beer better, it's just a fun thought.Oh my UK Roast Taties sound Tooo Gooood!And a hamper from home, what a treat!

Queen--love NORAD tracking Santa, such fun!Hmm, should I be admitting that I enjoy tracking Santa when I don't have any kids?

Love the Christmas Dragon!

Hsant--you like Blue drinks?I'll keep that in mind!

Dara--Sadie and I are enjoying the heck out of today, thanks.And plan to keep enjoying it all day long!And you are seeing little Logan!Yeah!

Goldie--that sounds like a great visit with Basia.I can just picture your DH and her Dad doing shots and getting very relaxed!Have a nice day and do something special for yourselves, whether you call it Christmas or just another day.

Candy McSparkle's DOTD:

Candy Cane-tini

3 ounces half & half
    2 ounces white chocolate liqueur
    1 ounce vanilla vodka
    1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract (We like Nielsen-Massey's because the flavor is fabulous and the label is just so chic!)
    White chocolate
    Peppermint flavored hard candy (preferably red)
    Crushed ice

Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously! In a double boiler, melt white chocolate and dip rim of glass into it. Immediately dip rim of glass into plate of crushed red peppermint candy. Garnish with a candy cane!

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2015

Good morning friends and Merry Xmas. I hope for those of you celebrating, today is off to a good start!

The reason I got stuck in LA traffic is because I flew into Ontario/LA vs. Palm Springs airport. It was very expensive to fly here for Xmas, so I used a FF ticket and flew into Ontario instead. About an hour plus drive, but as I got on the freeway up that way, the highway was stopped! I learned a few exits down that there was a bad accident at the I-10/I-15 merge that had three of the six lanes shut down. I was stuck there for a good 45 plus minutes but once it cleared, I zoomed down to PS. I arrived to a yummy bottle of red wine and felt a bit stressed from the day's travel, but the wine took the edge off.

Yesterday we were out buying food for our Xmas meal today, and also had a fabulous breakfast at Sherman's jewish deli. The big thrill for me there was finding the most incredible sugar free desserts (I got rid of sugar a couple years ago with some issues with my blood sugar). We shared one yesterday that is called a San Jacinto Cake I will post a pic of when I can. OMG, so good.

Bit of shopping yesterday downtown and fabulous tuscan italian meal last night including a $100 bottle of bortolo. We are having fun!

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited December 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all my breasties. Hope all have a wonderful day.

Cami - I hope the D stopped and that u got ur hair done...(((Cami)))

Lowee - not stopping tx until April or May. Or sooner if my platelets don't stay in range. Sounds like u had a fun time even tho u cut ur vacay short.

I forgot who is having lamb...but yum yum. Haven't had a leg of lamb in years. I used to use Julia Childs recipe, turned out scrumptious.

Julie - ok ok, I'll stop worrying. Scared

Jazzy - Sounds just like Vegas freeway traffic...horrific, glad u made it safe and sound.

Love all the DOTD's and hot bodies you ladies have been posting. Great way to celebrate the weekend.

May God bless us all on this wonderous day...ENJOY!!

Lubslubslubslubs to everyone...MUAH!!!

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2015

Good Merry Christmas morning everyone.

Lori Joey has a new phone and no longer has u'r # but this is his so if u text him he'll get u'r , I just told him and he felt bad he missed u.

Everyone sounds like u'r having a joyous Christmas, so far I've made it thru last nite not eating, except for cheese appetizers and of course dessert, I wanted to cry (LOL) cuz everyone was raving about the Lasagna and Les was so nerveous, she hasn't made it for a while. She made other things too and everyone thought she couldn't cook, i don't know why, but they thought her MIL made things and told her it was her best ever...Hahaha It was funny to Les and me

I wish everyone here a super Christmas having all u dreams come true, and God blesses all of u double times. U all mean so much to me in so many different ways, u'r always in my thoughts and prayers. And if someone told me a few yrs back that I would feel so close to people I've never even met I'd tell them they were crazy, cuz that's really not me but I have. I always feel so much care and love from all of u. It's a beautiful thing and I thank you for always being there and letting me blab without judging me--I'm just sorry this is how we had to meet, but u have made a difference in my life. U've taught me not to run with scissors, like I dd before. Oh one more thing I got all kinds of skin stuff from Leslie and one is all natural ingrd. and in the face of the bottle is a Willie leaf--so my skin will feel great, it does say not to eat it but we'll see.

I LUBS U ALL

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited December 2015

Cami. indulge in the yummiest cheeses you can find, and all the basmati or jasmine rice, al dente pasta and artisanal French bread/brioche/challah we lo-carb lasses must avoid. (Binding deliciously).

Nearly over the jet lag--17-hr. trip home from Barcelona Tues. Posting pix little by little over at Crazy Town. DH still shuddering over the candy-in-a-martini-glass drinks they taught in the martini workshop.

Went out to our neighborhood restaurant (no, not the Chinese one, though that IS the traditional Christmas Eve custom of my people; have you seen SNL’s Peanuts parody cartoon “Christmastime For the Jews?” Hilarious!). Had apple salad (with cava), and rack of lamb/brussels sprouts/sweet potato gratin with an Edmeades old vine zinfandel. At home near midnight, broke off a hunk of and steamed up some plum pudding from England (that stuff keeps in the back of the fridge for years) and made DIY hard sauce (butter, sugar, rum, cream). Couldn’t get to the store in time to buy glogg, so rolled my own: 4 parts each non-alcoholic red wine and cheap merlot (Cupcake), 2 parts vodka, 1 part each sugar, Cointreau and the syrup from some Italian preserved cherries; season to taste with cinnamon, mace, whole cloves and cardamom pods; simmer 1 hr. Towards the end, add some raisins, dried cranberries, slivered almonds and about 5-6 of those preserved cherries. We drank it while opening gifts and again with the plum pudding (after flambeeing the latter with bourbon--my pyromaniac family turns out the kitchen lights while we groove on the blue flames till they go out).

BTW, I say Merry Christmas to people I know celebrate it, and Happy Holidays if unsure. I don’t see it as “PC,” just practical.

• dara_diverse
    edited December 2015

Hello Ladies!

I hope you have all had a very Merry Christmas. My dad was really nice, full of laughs and love.

Lori, welcome back home, I missed ya here. I will post some pics of Logan but do not have any of me and Logan together. Sorry your trip was cut short though. Selfish me is glad though.

NM, it was also quite mild here, went up into the 70's, been warm like this for the past week or so. It will be a rude awakening when winter finally does arrive. So happy to hear that you and Princess Sadie planned a leisurely day. I too love the movie Annie. Great DOTD, looks berry yummy.

Jazzy, glad you are treating yourself well and enjoying your trip. I look forward to seeing a pic of your hundred dollar bottle of likker. Must be uber delish to cost so much. Sounds like a great Christmas eve for you.

Suz, is it a good ting that you will be done with your tx's? I hope so. Nice to see your face in here as always. Hey girl, jest one month from today until our trip, wooo hooo, I will have mese arms around yer bootiful self soonly! When are your overnights with your grandbaby?

Cam, such sweet words, you have me tearing up here. I too am baffled over the deep friendships that we have all established here over the years. It is surreal how much I can care for a person that I have never met. And when we do meet each other, it is as if we have known each other forever. Was your D under control today? I sure hope so. Sorry you had to pass on the good eats, poor dear. Love you lady! Uhhh, you might want to take down Joey's phone number, remember that this is a public forum silly goil.

Julie and Genny, thanks for the CHristmas wishes, hope you goils had a beautiful day. And yes, Nora is jest so adorable, how does she keep gitting prettier and prettier, I can't stand it and do not know how you handle her beauty. I have a hard time handling the joy of being around little LOgan, my heart jest swells up in such a way ...

Chi, you sumtimes speak another language when talking about your food and dwink lol. Sounds like you had a very enjoyable day. What is cava? I have never heard of that. Good point in saying Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays and that it is practical vs PC. Our PC world is jest too much for my liking.

I am looking very much forward to having the rest of the weekend off from work. I am so very overwhelmed at my job right now. i jest can't explain why it is so hard but trust me, it is. I pray that I get moved from the source of business that I am processing but do not tink it is berry likely. Chit goils, say a prayer that I get moved to somewhere, anywhere else within the company. I have changed business sources at least a half dozen times in my nearly 15 years at the company and can hold onto hope...it is what gits me through each day, that lil glimmer of hope.

Well enjoy the weekend ladies, I will try to check back again for some more dwinking.

cheeRs!

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited December 2015

Cava is Spanish (more precisely, Catalan) sparkling wine, made in the “traditional method" (the French get really pissy about anyone using the term “methode champenoise" for sparklers made outside the Champagne A.C. region--sparklers from elsewhere in France are called “cremant"). In that method, the wine is fermented twice in the original bottle, which is very heavy & thick with a deep depression in the bottom to keep it from exploding. The two fermentations over a couple of years or more produce a natural carbonation with tiny bubbles that last a very long time in the glass. Champagne and most decent (>$10) sparkling wines from the US, Down Under, Spain, Italy, etc. are made this way. There's a cheaper, faster method called the Charmat, or bulk, process. Wine is fermented in a tank and then injected with CO2 gas, just like soda or seltzer. The resulting sparkler is immediately bottled in much lighter glass bottles with shallower depressions. Cheap CA & NY “champagnes" like J. Roget, Cook's. Andre, Taylor, etc. are made like this--but so is prosecco, which is an inexpensive but much better sparkler from Italy that's only a notch or two below “metodo tradizionale" in quality and is a popular aperitif or everyday sparkler. Bulk-carbonated domestic sparklers have larger, coarser bubbles that dissipate fairly quickly and taste one-dimensional. They're good for cocktails like mimosas and kir royales. Prosecco's bubbles are a bit smaller than the American cheapos, and it isn't as sparkly as its traditionally-produced counterparts.

I find good cava tastes and feels much closer to Champagne than does prosecco. Entry-level ones are Freixenet & Codorniu for $10 or less and Segura Viudas for $12-15 or so; better ones start at about $15, and are made as brut, extra dry (sweeter finish) or (my fave) brut rose. If you want an American sparkler made in the traditional method, decent budget ones are Korbel and Ch. Ste. Michelle (WA) or Culbertson--all available for $10 or below. Many Champagne & cava companies have US outposts--good affordable ones range from Domaine Chandon (Moet-owned) and Mumm Cuvee Napa (CA), and Gloria Ferrer, which is the US version of Freixenet (though it tastes more like champagne than it does cava). Cava is made from grapes grown in Catalunya outside Barcelona: Viura (aka Macabeo), Xarel.lo, and Parellada. Sometimes they throw in Pinot Noir & Chardonnay. For rose cava they add Garnacha (which we know as Grenache). In the US, Gloria Ferrer uses primarily Pinot Noir & Chardonnay and a little Grenache for its roses, because the Spanish varietals don't grow here. Domestic “champagne" fermented traditionally is made from the same grapes they use in Champagne: Pinot Noir, Pinot Meunier, and Chardonnay (some make their blanc de blancs out of not just Chardonnay but Pinot Blanc or Pinot Gris--same as cremant d'Alsace across the pond). A little pricier is Domaine Carneros (Taittinger), Roederer Estate (Louis Roederer), Artesa (Codorniu) and Piper Sonoma ($17-25). In that price range (or less, on special) you can also find the indies Argyle (OR) and Gruet (NM). Pricier indies, which can reach Champagne prices, are Iron Horse, J by Jordan, Schramsberg, and Scharffenberger--as well as the higher-end stuff from Chandon & Mumm (the latter has one produced in close cooperation with none other than Carlos Santana--a $30 regular “Santana" and a $50 “Santana Supernatural").

By now you've guessed I'm an oenophile--which is a wino with a credit card and storage space.

• nativemainer
    edited December 2015

Good Morning, Loungettes! Happy Boxing Day!Hope everyone is well and had a good time visiting with family and friends, or a peaceful time in your own home or space.Sadie sends reminders to all her BC doggy friends to be extra good today cuz there are probably extra goodleft overs available for sharing!

Jazzy--Yikes, that kind of delay is NOT fun and makes traveling a pain.At least it sounds like it was after the flights, so you didn't have to worry about missing one.A $100 bottle of wine?You go, girl!

Mema--I had the lamb, and it was scrumptious!And will be, have enough for a few more meals!I didn't do anything fancy, just oiled the crock pot and dropped it in, turned it on high long enough to get things good and hot and then down to low until I was ready to eat.Yum, yum, yum!

Cammy--sounds like Les is a pretty good cook, why wouldn't anyone think so? Funny to think of people complimenting her MIL.Hmmm, don't eat the skin lotion with the Willie leaf, sounds like a challenge to me!

ChiS--Welcome home, glad you had a great trip!Wow, what a meal, dessert and drinks!Love the pyromaniac family comment.

Dara--Yup, warm here, too.Matched the record high for day in recent years.BUT, there is snow coming next week, or so the weather guessers say.I suppose it was inevitable, but sure isn't wanted!Glad you Dad was having a good day, that makes things go more smoothly.Prayers for a change at work, I know what it's like when things are overwhelming and unpleasant.

ChiS--WOW--fascinating info!

Candy McSparkle's DOTD:

The merry muddler

The Merry Muddler - Easy Christmas Cocktails

Ingredients

The 'Merry Muddler' is filled with satsuma juice, sharp lime and a splash of vodka; all topped with deliciously dry Cava.

• 50ml vodka
    • 2 peeled satsumas
    • 2 lime wedges
    • 20ml mulled wine syrup (available at Waitrose; see 'Tips' to make your own)
    • Cava (here Freixenet Cordon Negro is used)
    • Redcurrants

Method

1. Muddle the vodka, satsuma pieces and lime wedges, drizzle on the mulled wine syrup, stir, and top with crushed ice and Cava. Finish with redcurrants and dust with icing sugar.

Satsuma Marmalade Recipe - culicurious

• goldie0827
    edited December 2015

NM, you kid is Sadie! We didn't do anything out of the ordinary. But it's ok. Been doing it for 15 years!

Ahhhhh Jazzy, that explains it! I take it you didn't want to drive? I HATE California traffic. They do 90 in the slow lane! Glad you arrived to a nice bottle of wine and glad you were able to poop in.

LDB, I thought you had mentioned before that it was your last treatment. Will you be stopping all treatment come spring? That's almost scary to me. No, not almost, IT IS!

Cami, I got Joey's number, now please go back and delete it!!! How come you couldn't have any lasagna? Or other things? Just trying to keep the D away? Funny about the Willie leaf in the bottle. Keep it away from you know who! You are such a sweet friend and thank you for the sentiments. I think we all feel the same.

Sandy, Martini class sure sounds fun. Welcome home! Funny about being an oenophile.

Wacko, so glad you had a nice Xmas. How can you NOT have pics of you with Logan. Please get some, as you can't have those days back. Our weather has been SOOOO weird! Been quite cold here, and warm out East. Can you ask for a transfer at work? I hate that it takes you away from us. I miss you girl! Praying that things improve at your work.

Nuttin new here today. Having a nanner (no, not a nooner) and taking mese FU pills. I'm so thankful that there is something for me take, but damn…I hate them! Happy day after loungettes!

• maryland
    edited December 2015

Good morning to all my lovely breasties. We had a very nice Christmas, Nora was so friggin' aNorable I can't stand it. She ended up being my little elf and I told here who each present went to and she took it and said okaaay, and caried it to them. With some she said "it's heavy". Then she opened a baby doll I got her and said "Holy Moley, a baby!" We were all just cracking up, I didn't even see anyone opening their presents cause I was so busy watching her. I got her a Sophia princess sticker book and markers and she said "Oh my gosh, Sopia crayons!!" And I didn't get a single picture! Just forgot! The lobsters were good but I dried them out a tad bit. Should've taken them out of the oven 5 minutes sooner. The spaghetti loaf my DH made was outstanding! Next year we are doing just that and bread and salad so we don't have to do any cooking when the guests are here. Then yesterday I made pork chops and we had MIL over and we watched the movie No Escape on pay-per-view. Good movie, very suspenseful. I don't remember which one of you asked me how old Nora is but she will be 2 on January 6. So today I don't have to do anything which is good. DH has been golfing everyday, this weather is crazy but I love it. Emma saw 12 kids at the hospital yesterday, only the sickest ones there on Xmas day and some were in isolation so they couldn't go in. DH hands out these stuffed german shepherds so he was able to give them one. So that's about it around here, love when I have no agenda for the day, I haven't run since Thanksgiving so I may lace up the sneakers and see if I can burn off some of these Christmas calories, ugh I feel bloated. Time to get back on the low carb for me as well, at least until New Year's Eve. We are going bowling with Molly and Rocky again. There is this very posh french restaurant about 30 minutes from here that we like but it's very expensive and usually a once a year kinda place, well nobody ever knows what to get us for Xmas so we keep getting gift certs for there so we have now accumulated $300 worth! So tomorrow is my birthday and I'm thinking maybe we should make reservations for there...or save it for anniversary, not sure. We've got about $150 to Outback now as well. Anyway, blah, blah, I'l stop talking about me now.

Cami, so sorry you had to pass on the lasagna, hope you got to enjoy some fixins yesterday. So did Joey have any one big thing that he wanted for Xmas? I agree with you about our relationships that we have formed on this thread. Lori is the only one that I have met in person but you are all my very good friends. You have seen me through the hardest year of my life and I don't know how I would've made it without you. And now we have so many great new girls on board, wish we could get that spaceship for real and all meet up on it, wouldn't that be fun.... anyway, just love you to pieces!

Dara, so good to see you back in the lounge now that you have a few days off from work. I've had jobs that I hated and it is a terrible feeling to be stuck like that. I hope something else comes along for you, I know you are a bit younger than me so a long time till retirement. Can't wait to see some pics of Logan, I'm sure he is lots of fun now. Has SD been getting visitation? Is he giving your DD any trouble? I'm hoping by now he has a new gf and has moved on. Anyway, glad to her you had such a good time with your dad. I'm getting really nervous about the trip, just feel like I'm forgetting something. Next weekend I'm going to make sure all my ducks are in a row for that, I need to make a list.

Lori, glad you had a nice vacay, sounds like you were ready to come home. DH doing shots all day, was he hungover? I'm not a huge Star Wars fan either but I would like to see it at the theater so I can take in all the special effects. Hope you and DH had a nice day yesterday. How is your mom? Is she back home?

Jazzy, sounds like you are having a wonderful time, so glad you decided to go. Hope getting back home is easier, when do you leave?

NM, hope you enjoyed your leg of lamb and Sadie got some good bits and pieces too. I got a pressure cooker for Xmas so can't wait to try it out, I may start today. We still have no snow in the forecast, it'd be ok we me if it stays that way. Anyway, I think you have this weekend off so enjoy, you certainly deserve it.

Sandy, glad you enjoyed your dinner. I know that Saturday night live skit you are talking about, it's funny. You do know your wine, I don't know much beyond open and drink, oh and swirl and sniff but since most of my bottles are under $10 and we go through a bottle a day it's just as well that I don't have a developed palate.

Suze, hope your Christmas was fabulous, you were home I think? When is g-kid time?

Julie, are you working this weekend? Anyway hope you Christmas was relaxing and nice.

hsant, yes this weather is wonderful, took Junior out for a long walk yesterday with a windbreaker on. It can stay this way all winter as far as I'm concerned. How long are you here for?

Hello to anyone I missed, time to get it into gear, going to go make myself some nice low carb eggs..hope you all have a great day!

• maryland
    edited December 2015
  • maryland
    edited December 2015

Wow, I got pushed in the pool twice! Water is great, thanks for the swim Lori and Kim!

• goldie0827
    edited December 2015

Weeeeeee! No I didn't pee mese pants! Swimming wif Mary. Oh how I love to hear about our aNORAble little girl. I can hear and see her passing out gifts and opening her own. I knew you had a birfday coming up! We shall start the sailabrations NOW! Taking Emma to the hospital has to be so rewarding, but sad too. Can you send me the spaghetti loaf recipe? Or a link to it. I guess I could Google it too. DH did NOT have a hangover, and yes mom is home…..for now anyways! She had a friend that she had met when she was in the nursing home for rehab come over with Chinese food. And they had a wonderful afternoon. I sent that lady a private message, thanking her for being my mom's friend and spending her Christmas with her. She is a single lady.

• maryland
    edited December 2015

Applying her lipstick from a pretend make-up kit. Everyone in the room got made-up.

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2015

Good morning ladies- rolling along out here in Palm Springs. Someone here asked when I head back, and it will be tomorrow evening by flight. So I will be heading out of the PS area around 1 p.m. tomorrow to head back up to the airport. Pretty short trip, but have new work that just started (and a month late too), so I will be back to work on Monday through the rest of the week. No high pressure this week though, just need to get some things going along further before we come into the new year. Cash flow is a good thing for a girl like me, so happy to be working this coming week!

We had a laid back Xmas with dinner here at the house. My sister and I went out later to see the movies, Sisters, which is just so funny (love Tina Fey and Amy Poehler). If you like a good comedy, you will be laughing the whole time at this one. Second time I have gone to the movies in my life on Xmas, kind of fun!

Going down to the shopping area this morning for awhile on my own, later to a zoo/botanical garden with my sister. A friend told me the biopark here it is fabulous and checked it out on line, and think it will be a better day.

Funny the things you worry about will happen, and then other stuff happens. It is far colder here than I expected, therefore, I don't have enough of the right clothing. There is a cold wind that came through that has everything very nippy. But I figured I could wash some of the things I have already worn. But the washing machine here broke or is clogging or something. Loopy

Cami- love you too sister and thanks for your kind words. Anyone who has not been here and received the support we provide to one another cannot understand. Most of the time, I get the "well you are all done with that now" comments when it comes to my dx. Done trying to make some people understand (who won't anyways!)

And sorry you could not eat everything you wanted to. I hope you had a good time with family none the less. Love that little Joey too and the way he cares for you.

Genny- that little girl is just too cute. Love that dress and that she gave everyone a nice professional make up job!

Wishing you all a good day after Xmas. Time for post Xmas sales!

• juliet62
    edited December 2015

happy boxing day everybody, had a lovely Christmas day, went to s friends house , took a xmas pudding and brandy sauce to add to the food. loots of food to eat, didn't drink too much as driving but had some when i got home ,spiced egg nog, wish you had some lasagne cammi but joey is such a wonderful boy ,he's a delight any day

sounds like every body had a good day,nora is so cute ,my friend has a 3 year old grandson dalton so he was shooting everybody with his paws patrol toy! and what did nana get logan for christmas?

hope sadie is having fun with the leftovers! last time i made sheperds pie put some mint in with the lamb and gravy