Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited April 2020

Just me,

Oh Sandy poor Bob changing, showering, changing and showering all the time. His skin is going to be like an alligator but as long as he stays well that's what counts. Does he get tested every so often or only if they have any symptoms. Some of these are so scarce people say they barely knew they had it, and of course others are super sick.. Being exposed so much is there anyway they can build up some immunity to this horror???? I just wondered, it would seem logical, but I don't think it is. He's something Sandy putting himself in the thick of things daily.

JC my hair came in frizzy and white, well the white stay but grew out as straight as a string, and thin always had super curly and super thick hair. So don't rush to any conclusions yet.

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited April 2020

Cami, the doctors can't get tested if they don't have all the symptoms. He gets his temperature taken several times a day (especially when he enters a facility). We have plenty of moisture lotion. (When he stays in a hotel, he takes home the little sample bottles so there's always one in his overnight bag). And all that showering & changing is only for his every-other-weekend visits to Little Company of Mary. Nobody--neither staff nor patients--is allowed into the other facilities (including his office) with symptoms or a fever.

He got the idea for his plan from his nurse at Union Health--her daughter is an ICU nurse at Advocate Christ, and that's her routine (sleeping in the finished basement of the parents' house rather than a hotel). He will also keep a separate pair of sneakers in his car, only for wearing inside Little Company. At least I'm granting him full access to the kitties (Heidi utterly adores him): that ICU nurse's dad won't even let her touch the family dog. He will bring two sets of scrubs to wear in the hospital, and will change out of the second pair in the doctors' lounge men's room into his clothes--bringing the trash bag of scrubs & underwear straight upstairs to the hamper and showering, then changing into jeans & t-shirt. (Whole lotta laundry goin' on).

I really fear for my housekeeper--specifically her DH. He is a 65-yr-old brittle diabetic prostate cancer survivor with congestive heart failure and end-stage renal disease. Because he is too poor a surgical risk (nor a candidate for a kidney transplant), he is on 3x/wk outpatient dialysis at Hines V.A. Hospital. I don't know if the PPE shortages for nurses & staff at various V.A. hospitals across the country extend to Hines; but it used to be that at the start of the pandemic, patients' caretakers/significant others were allowed to remain in the dialysis room and had full access to surgical masks & hand sanitizer. Now, she has to drop him at the valet entrance for a transporter to bring him upstairs, and then vice versa when he's done. She'd love to come in here more often (especially to see us & the cats and break her routine, and keep me from screwing up her cleaning system)--but her DH is in such fragile medical condition that I fear she's taking a risk coming here for 3 hrs. every two weeks. I'll pay her in full no matter what, of course.

He went to Costco after Union Health tonight, and as hunter-gatherer brought home a full slab of St. Louis ribs. So DOTD was the rest of that Beaujolais Nouveau--we simply opened the bottle tonight rather than Coravin-ing it.

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,910
    edited April 2020

Having trouble with the internet connection at home so I have a post waiting to go out. Just arrived at work, didn’t pass screening. Now waiting for the Drs office to open to get tested and cleared for work. Temp was 99.3. Got a bit of a cough but nothing unusual for my asthma this time of year. Will keep you all posted. Prayers please

• nativemainer
    edited April 2020

Having trouble with the internet connection at home so I have a post waiting to go out. Just arrived at work, didn't pass screening. Now waiting for the Drs office to open to get tested and cleared for work. Temp was 99.3. Got a bit of a cough but nothing unusual for my asthma this time of year. Will keep you all posted. Prayers please

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited April 2020

NM- praying for you. Hopefully nothing going on here, but glad they are testing you. Will wait to hear as you know more.....

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited April 2020

NM, only thinking of you right now. I understand about your asthma, but not the fever! Praying it's just the asthma. Oh dear. What else will they do to check. I hate this for you.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited April 2020

NM, I've been lurking on this thread for a while and am praying for your health! I'm long retired from nursing but do understand and appreciate all you have been doing. May you be well, have heat at home and snuggle with Sadie.

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited April 2020

Oh dear, NM! My thoughts are with you while you wait for the results. Stay strong

• MemaSue56
    MemaSue56 Member Posts: 2,061
    edited April 2020

rning Dahhhlinks,
    YES, it is I. Have missed you ladies A LOT!!

I didn't read much today as I sooo wanted to blog with you ladies. I have changed onco's, main reason is going back aand forth to Vegas was really taken its toll on us…especially mese hubs as he refuses to let me drive so he does it all. I feel bad, but not too bad. Hehe. So anyway, I'm with an onco in StGeorge and so far I like it. It's only 40 miles instead of 90. So I had to retake some of the tests got the EOB yest and it says 'I might be billed for $5193.' But my ins has not addressed it yet. Since I turned 65 am now Medicare and supplemental thru United Health Care. So far so good, hope they pay all or most of the $5K.

And with this CoronaVirus, unable to see my nails and toes gal. My nails are acrylic and getting wayyyy too long, so hard to type. Taken me 20 mins jes to do this much.

Also miss seeing our new grandaughter, Sofia, but it is for the best. She is 7mos old now and really trying to walk. Mike, my son, sends pics and videos often, so that's good.

So my Lovelies, got to get some stuff done around here.
    Just know that I think and prayer for all ya'll.
    LUBSLUBSLUBS ALL!

• chisandy
    edited April 2020

Oh, Kim--my prayers are going out to you that even that slight fever is due to allergies!

Sue, glad to see you back here! My own nails (gel polish "no-chip") have either been lifting off (3 so far) or ridiculously outgrown. I cut the left ones back to the quick so I could practice playing guitar & dulcimer. As the intact ones on the right hand get unwieldy, I'm trimming them back too (clip and then glass file). I'm lucky to have the same shade of regular polish as the gels (OPI Tickle My France-y). So far so good on the toes. (My podiatrist, whom I alternate with the mani-pedis isn't seeing patients, so keeping my fingers crossed).

My 15-y-o kitty Heidi started getting lethargic and anorexic again late last night--she threw up first hairballs and then her kibble all over our treadmill--and retreated to the radiator cover (her favorite perch except in summer because it's right beneath the window A/C). Emergency vet's overnight tech said to try to give her the gabapentin prescribed when this happened (sans puking) back in Dec. and let her sleep in our room so we could monitor her; and then call her vet today. I was able to get about 1/2 ml into her. This morning, when I went down to the basement to fetch & dust her carrier, she surprised me at the top landing of the cellar stairs. Followed me into the kitchen, ate a little (couple tsps.)and drank. Then she came back for seconds, and another couple drinks before retreating to the radiator. At 2:30 she came down into the front room and yelled at me for more food, so I obliged. She even played a little before going back up to nap. Vet says to bring her in tomorrow--not only is she due for shots, as a "super-senior" we need to keep an eye on her kidney & liver enzymes. In 2016 she had a kidney stone, so I'm wondering if that's an issue again.

• nativemainer
    edited April 2020

I should get the rest results tomorrow. I think I've scared myself into feeling like I'm coming down with something but no temperature since I got home. I think it's going to be a Xanax nite.

• chisandy
    edited April 2020

Me too--Heidi's in hiding again (she's extremely good at that); afraid if she pulls that tomorrow we may not be able to get her to the vet. No way she got out--neither of my cats are escape artists (her life as a street kitten was physically traumatic; Happy has known nothing but indoor human love).

• jazzygirl
    edited April 2020

Get shop rest NM. Sleep well & hopefully just an off day 🙏

• celiac
    celiac Member Posts: 1,260
    edited April 2020

NM - Hoping for good results. Prayers for you, as well. Sadie must be a great comfort.

• camillegal
    edited April 2020

Hey guys. Kim I'm just thinking about u too. We won't know til tomorrow now??? OK no fever now that must be a good sign. Ur so careful U can't get it. I know. Prayers for u tonight Kim an yes take Xanax just to relax. I'll be back

• camillegal
    edited April 2020

DOTD

Image result for cocktail recipes in memes | Alcohol drink recipes ...

• camillegal
    edited April 2020

Top 30 Cat Vacuum Cleaner GIFs | Find the best GIF on GfycatHe looks so sad, u just want to cuddle him.

• camillegal
    edited April 2020

Mornin ladies.

My cheer up drink. Kim I'm sorry but I think we're all going loopy waiting for ur results, of course said my prayers for you but like I said before I want to hear the good news. We all do. If u have a chance I hope u can post and tell us how you feel this morning. Someone pooped in to wish you well but I don;'t know who an I hope she comes back <another lurker> but she must know you, u've been around a long time and I'm sure lots of people know u and who couldn't like and care about you.

• nativemainer
    edited April 2020

Here's yesterday's post that didn't get through:

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Hump Day! Gov. Mills extended the State of Emergency for another 30 days, until May 15th. Lots of talk about how the virus got into the 3 nursing homes that now have outbreaks. The CDC director did say that some facilities have had 1 person test positive, but no outbreak, it never spread past that person. Didn't say if the person was a resident or staff member, but at least that's hope that it can be contained. Nursing homes also got the ok to require a negativeCOVID-19 test in the hospital before accepting an admission.What I found most helpful was hearing that the residents and staff testing positive in these nursing homes are mostly asymptomatic.Some will go on to develop symptoms over the next couple of weeks, of course, about 1 in 5 will never have symptoms. I did find out that we are well supplied with PPE, I saw the Admin and one of the Maintenanceguys packing up boxes of gloves and found out they were being sent on to another nursing home without enough to work with right now, let alone if the virus gets in there. It's another small place like we are. On the even more upside of things, less than half the ICU beds are occupied right now, there are more than 200 ventilators available in the state, and only around 200 people hospitalized with the virus right now. There are 2 auxiliary treatment centers being planned for, almost ready to start setting up, but no plan to actually set them up just yet, cuz not needed.

I apologize for dumping all my COVID-19 info on you all. This is the only place I have where I can really talk about what's going on without having to carefully choose every word. It helps me process all the info getting thrown at us every day. I won't be offended if anyone wants to skip over those parts of my posts.

Cammy Cat--Actually, I was sitting in my car charging the phone, only went through the drive through for safety's sake. Not having power was NOT fun. Not terrible, but not fun and very inconvenient. I can understandyour niece wanting to see her new grandbaby. I so hope and pray that neither the new mom nor new baby gets sick. Neither will have any immunity to this virus right now.

Goldie--yes, part of my job is making sure everyone knows about the new rules and I am making rounds all day long looking to see the rules are all being followed. At least the big rain and wind storm has melted off almost all the snow. We are now in full flood and mud season. And lots of people still without power from the snow storm! Like the Positive Energy DOTD!Hmmm, I'd like to try Orange Juice with Vanilla Vodka, Lemonade with Capt Morgan Spiced Rum,Peach-Mango Lemonade with Peach Schnapps or Citron Vodka, Tea and Lemonade with Limoncello.

Librarian--zoom is getting to be quite the thing during all this! We've been using it at work to set up "visits" between families and residents. I lucked out yesterday, stopped to pick up milk at the health food store, found some ice wine from a local winery, snagged 2 bottles of it, now trying to wait for the weekend to open one. I hear you about it being scary looking forward. So much uncertainty.

Jazzy--in Maine we call the big fat snowflakes that come in April "Poor Man's Fertilizer"!

Chi--sounds like a workable plan you've worked out for DH's working weekends. I really doubt that the staff would think he was "trespassing" if he used the staff shower. Everybody knows how important it is to not take the virus home. If YOU get sick, HE can't work--unless he moves out. Has he thought through that part?Lots of offices around here are no longer allowing visitors in with patients during appointments, it's not a PPE thing, it's a strict "NO Visitors" mandate to minimize the chances of the virus being brought into the area. The more people going through, the higher the risk.

• goldie0827
    edited April 2020

Sue, aka LDB (lil doyty butt), my pet name for her. So so happy to see you poop in. Glad you like your new onc, that is so important. If it is not safe for you to drive, then I'm glad your DH won't let you. Oh my gosh, can we see a picture of Sophia or could you send me one privately. I guess you won't be coming to Phoenix any time soon, eh. Any plans on visiting after all this BS has passed?

NM, I hope you were able to get some rest last night and I hope you don't have to wait all day for your results. And hoping you are still fever free. Are you home for the day then, I assume? I will be checking in all day long!

• goldie0827
    edited April 2020

NM, you bumped me right into that warm pewl. I will meet you at the swimup bar for some Electric Lemonade that Cami so graciously had the Tenders make! I don't mind your Covid posts at all, we can all learn so much from you. And if helps you to talk about here and if it helps you to process it a little better, well then! Wowsa, you are spot on the mixing the Positive Energy drinks, you go girl. The orange juice and vanilla vodka probably tastes like a cream cycle.

• nativemainer
    edited April 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Thirsty Thursday! Well, here I am at home, isolated until my test results come through. That should be sometime today. Not sure exactly what is going on, no temp here at home, but I now have a sore throat and dry cough. BUT, that's not unusual during the spring melt off due to mold allergies. I'll admit to feeling kind of tired, but that's hardly a new or unusual thing right now and I sure as shooting did not sleep well last night.So, I'm off work for at least 72 hours from yesterday ayem, need 72 hours without a fever with no medications and I'm not taking any Tylenol or Advil or whatever. If the test is positive I think I'm out 7 days, with the last 3 needing to be symptom free. If the test is negative, I think it's just the 3 days, but that's working from memory. Either way I have plenty of earned time to work with, and plenty of supplies in the house. But I feel like crap for going out on Saturday and going through the drive through twice, and for going into the store to pick up milk on Monday afternoon. I was masked, and kept my distance, but, dear God, what if I picked it up somewhere and took it into the nursing home? The very thought makes me sick to my stomach. I had a nightmare about that last night. I've only told one person in the family so far, a cousin and she will keep it quiet until I get the results, and then I'll have to call and tell Mom and let other people know.

Going through the testing process was interesting. Had to call my doc's office, go through a rather extensive questionnaire to determine if I qualify for testing(health care workers, especially Nursing Home related) are Tier 1 in Maine, I should get the test free, (not that I care so much about the cost), the doc has to put an order in to the testing site, I wait 60 minutes to call a number and pre-register, they locate my doc's order, another questionnaire, instructions where to go. Drive to the testing area-- a big tent in the parking lot of the big local auditorium, go through a police manned check point that I'm there for testing. Drive to another checkpoint with police and a registrar, more questions, verify the insurance info, etc,, drive to the tent, --BTW all this time I have to keep my window up until I'm instructed to put it down, so it's been going up and down, up and down--again verify the insurance info, again the questionnaire but in a bit more detail, including the name of the nursing home I work at, get the swab done (NOT comfortable, but very brief), handed some written instructions, and sent on my way.

And now there is a lot of talk about opening up the economy, maybe starting with states with less than 1000 cases. Maine has 770, with the numbers going up daily, sometimes jumping double digits. To stop everything we are doing now will just lead to an explosion of spread and the very thought scares me.Okay, I'm teetering on the edge of a meltdown, so I'm going to stop this here and move on to ketchuping with every one else.

Sorry 'bout the duplicate posting, not sure how that happened.

Thanks, Jazzy

Goldie--Nothing much else to do right now. If it's asthma or allergies the COVID test will be negative and I'll just have to deal with the asthma and allergies as usual. Not sure what to think about the temp, I rarely ever run a temp even when I'm sick, so who knows? Right now it's cuddle with Sadie and wait.

Thank You, Beaverntx, I do have heat and Sadie and will hunker down and wait it out.

Thanks, Librarian.

Mema!So good to hear fromyou! Glad to hear the new doc is working out well for you, 40 miles is a lot better than 90 for driving. Sorry you are missing out on time with Sofia, but glad you get to see videos at least.

Chi--I'm praying for allergies, too! Thanks for the prayers. Oh, dear, so sorry to hear about Heidi, I hope that the improving trend continues.

Celia--Yes, Sadie is a wonderful comfort right now. She knows something is up and is keeping a very close eye on me!

Cammy Cat--That electric lemonade sounds VERY YUMMY!!

Goldie--I will be home today and tomorrow at the very least based on my nursing home's policy. The test results (and whether or not I develop any more/different symptoms) will be the big variable. I'm hoping to be back to work on Monday. I did get some sleep.I'll be back on as soon as I hear results.I was thinking the Orange juice and vanilla vodka would taste like a creamsicle, too!

• nativemainer
    edited April 2020

IT'S NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962
    edited April 2020

NM, YEEAAAHHH!!!! Now hoping for some good rest before you go back to being "hall monitor".

• goldie0827
    edited April 2020

OMG, thank you sweet Jesus. BIG SIGH OF RELIEF!

I thought for sure we would be waiting all day!

• nativemainer
    edited April 2020

And I go back to work tomorrow!

• goldie0827
    edited April 2020

Because they NEED YOU! And so do we! You are one special lady, that's for sure. I love you!

See the source image

Heart

And it looks like I need to go back to school to learn to spell. Cream Cycle = Creamsicle

• jazzygirl
    edited April 2020

NM- that is some very good news. Prayers answered. Please get some rest today which I think should be easier now that you have the results.

• camillegal
    edited April 2020

Claire And The Crosbys Good News GIF - ClaireAndTheCrosbys ...We all were on the edge of our seats, oh now please relax. This seemed like a long 24 hours KIM. And don't ever apologize about what u talk about u are so informative and interesting and remember our rule no saying I'm sorry. Whew Thanks be to God.

• camillegal
    edited April 2020

animals kitten bunny dailyanimals •LOVING