Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

how about drinking?

Comments

• jazzygirl
    jazzygirl Member Posts: 11,972
    edited December 2020

Good afternoon friends- happy Xmas Eve. I am down with some ear issues this holiday, but did a telehealth visit yesterday (my first!) and got some steriods and an anti-B. The NP thought it could be something with the eutstachian tube (it has been blocked off and on this fall, I tend to be congested more in the winter months) but it also felt like something was changing. I woke up middle of the night before with pain in my ear and felt like crap yesterday am so I called for a virtual apt. I was able to work all day, but decided it was a good idea to get something going before the holiday weekend. Got some sterioids which she suggested I begin with and got those going last night and if things are not better in three days, then we move to the anti-Bs. My ear felt a bit better this am, but thing the steriods messed with my sleep. If one has to be sick with a new job and with no time off available yet, better for it to happen during a long holiday weekend during a pandemic when there are no plans to cancel anyways, right? I plan to spend the next few days just laying low and resting and probably my body needs that for so many reasons. Been running hard the past few monts with the start of this new job and all the rest......

Went to see the eye doc this week for my first regular check up since the cateract surgery last fall (feels like so long ago, probably because the past year feels like forever). Everything is good, vision is great and no other issues identified. That was the last of my wellness check ups, I am super thankful there were no issues this year, I am on cruise control......

First of all, before I get into some individual comments, I wanted to say I am sorry about our fellow BCO sister, Chrissy, loosing her battle. When I saw the name, my first thought was "Australia" and then remembered she was a common link to another woman on the singles thread who was not doing well (and let some of us know about that other Austrialian sisters passing years back). Just so sad to hear this news, and hugs to all who were close to her. Losses during the holidays are just extra hard too.

Goldie- I am sorry to hear about your brother, partner and related family all being diagnosed or waiting on results. I pray nothing serious comes from this. Are you doing better with this second infusion of the new meds?

Cami- I am glad you kept some of the cards for yourself. I am already seeing that the big Xmas sales are starting today! I hope you find some fun things to buy and have some good family time. I know Italian families do a huge feast for Xmas Eve and wish I were there to partake with you. I hope Joey is doing okay and dislike that Marty's family is mean to him. He is a smart young man (who is also a fab musician) and he has many good things ahead of him. Some people can't be happy for others who have real potential and options. The strawberries have been my fav gift this year, but got a lot of yummy food and other things too.

Chi- I like your star photo. Glad to hear Gordie and Leslie made it safely. It will be good when Bob has his second shot. I read many of the providers in the urban areas here have their vaxes, now they are getting them signed up and planned for part two. Hope you all have a great zoom chat and much to look forward to in 2021 with the wedding plans (if not the actual wedding....)

NM- well it is good you got started and probably good you will be home for a bit until things ease up a bit more. Sadie says yes to that, she likes you home! I hope your storm is not too bad, I heard it is packing a punch. We had really high winds yesterday that made everything super cold here, but no moisture with it. I saw it went to the teens here overnight and single digits up north. Pretty cold for here. I hope your mom does okay and does not loose power/heat.

Reader- your kitty is a cutie. We have a lot of cat and dog people on this thread as you will hear in time. I have no pets because of allergies and asthma, but love them all so much. I send Xmas gifts to my sisters dog and cats. She was out today to buy them more gifts and treats. I read something that pets have really helped people so much through this pandemic and many great adoptions took place this year with everyone remote short and long term.

Misteyes- I was re-reading your post about looking forward to Xmas this year, especially after a number of years now since the unexpected passing of your husband. I think that is a good sign of grief finding its way through and more forward movement (even in this crazy pandemic). Blessings to your family this holiday season with all that has been going on recently and before.

Ill- what are you eating this week? I got some tasty take out yesterday from Taco Cabana (you may know those from TX as they are headquartered in San Antonio). I have some delicious tortialla soup plus some green chili tamales from some local sources for my holiday eats. Keeping it simple.

MinusTwo, Celia C, Karen, Teka, Mema and others I may be forgetting, hoping your holiday time is going well.

Will be back on Sat with some updates and hope to be back out and about by then. Stay well friends and enjoy what you can this weekend. We are almost to a new year that is fresh with possibilities.

• camillegal
    camillegal Member Posts: 15,711
    edited December 2020

Funny Christmas Gifs | Christmas cats, Christmas animals, Santa cat

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

Mornin ladies,

I think I'm a cat person, altho we now have an adorable dog, except for his barking. When I go to the bathroom in the middle of the nite he barks like I'm a burglar waking everyone up, every single nite. That's one thing a cat doesn't do. Anyway....

I really wish everyone a good day today whatever u celebrate. I like to think of the religious aspect, well I was raised that way, but it is exciting to start the day looking at a beautiful tree that we all got together and made that way. The fun of looking at the presents under the tree, then in no time it looks like a garbage dump.I don't like that. That's why I made the rule open one at a time and everyone has to watch and then thro the paper in a garbage bag, which everyone has <I'm not a clean nut>, I just think it's sad so I want to make it as long as possible. There're less presents this yr. tho, so we'll do it in slow motion.My new rule.

Jodie was here yesterday for breakfast and helped me with my shower. And she brought over the things from the grocery store, so everything is in the house. I'm the one that made all these plans and I'm already tired so this is going to be a struggle for me, I know it but I made the plans. The good thing is I'll wear PJ's all day cuz they are Christmas onesand maybe I'll allow my picture to be taken. Yea right.

I do hope u all have a good day however it's planned and of course I hope ur plans come thru. I feel like we're on minute by minute for planning. Jazzy good thing this is a long weekend for you so u should feel better.

Everyone is up now so it's time to get moving.

LUBS U ALL

• goldie0827
    goldie0827 Member Posts: 6,835
    edited December 2020

DOTD: Santa Claus-Mopolitan:

1 serving:

1/2 cup cranberry juice

1/2 cup white peach cranberry juice

1 ounce triple sec

1/2 ounce vodka

Shake with ice, pour into rimmed glass.

Garnish with fresh cranberries

For a crowd, easily serves 16 guests:

1 -64 ounce bottle cranberry juice (Ocean Spray)

1 -64 ounce bottle white cranberry-peach juice (Ocean Spray)

16 ounces triple sec

8 ounces vodka

Chill well for at least 3 hours before guests arrive.

• goldie0827
    edited December 2020

My brother lost his taste and smell yesterday, and now congested and the mom has tested positive now too, she is 78, sister is negative. No one has had a fever though, so his comment was "why do they check your temp when you go into places, cuz it doesn't mean anything". Also, my other brother said to me, how is it in less than a year they have come up with a vaccine for this virus, but they can't find a cure for cancer!

Karen, it was the first thing I saw as well when I opened FB. Chrissy was having kidney failure, so I assume that is what finally took her. I could see both of the planets, but it just looked like 2 stars to me, nothing special.

NM, you were up late those other nights cuz you were working, that doesn't count! I hope the weather doesn't play a role your Christmas with mom.

Cami LOL at keeping all your $$, but you gave Joey $50. Glad to know that "your men" are thoughtful and not coming near you. But do know it's tough, it's tough for all of us. We would do the one gift at a time as well, if everyone opens at the same time, it's over too quick and you miss what they all got.

JCS, so sorry to hear about your DS, I hope all is ok!

Oh gosh Jazzy, I hope the pain in the ear isn't too bad. I think ear and tooth pain are the worst! And yes, holiday along with pandemic makes it easy for sick time. I just hope you bounce back quickly. My second infusion was a piece of cake.

Pretty much just another day for us, but that's how it always is, so no big deal. Going to make ribs today. Did a facetime with my brother and his DD and her hubby. They are expecting in April, I'm so excited. This is more like a grand baby to me instead of a grand niece. I told my brother, maybe I should be Aunt Nana!

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2020

Jazzys Xmas breakfast

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717
    edited December 2020

No cell service yesterday. We’re boondocking at the beach for the holiday.

DOTD on 12/24 was fitting for our 20th anniversary. Cheers to all 🍾

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2020

Happy Anniversary 🍾🎊🥳

• illimae
    edited December 2020

Thanks! It’s a really big deal for me, not just being happily married this long but after my initial diagnosis at stage IV, I was pretty sure this day was unlikely at best. So big, big YAY!

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

Free Happy Anniversary Images Animated, Download Free Clip Art, Free Clip Art on Clipart LibraryIt's so nice to be together and to really be happy.

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone had a good day. Lori that was great talking to ur brother. Do they all have the same symptoms??? Our day followed all my rules, the kids forced me, jeez was I tired.

Then I wen t to call my sister right then she csaled me to tell me my BIL came home from the hospital late yesterday but she's been in the hospital since Monday. She never told mecuz I get to dramatic. So after I finished yelling at her. she told me what was going on. Oy vey She has about 5 symptoms of covid but tested negative, I don't get it, it sounds just like covid and when we talked she never said she was in the hospital. They don't seem to have a clue yet. Her breathing is really bad, she can't eat, headache etc. WTF Of course I got so upset as she's whispering this is why I didn't tell you. She can have one visitor but the same one so all her DD's are using the same name taking turns. Now my Bil needs someone too so now the grandkids re taking turns. He ended up having a stent put in an there is nothing I can do to help either one of them. Well my mood changed pretty quickly but we kept on going. I said moment to moment before and that's about what happened. My kids were great with me cuz of my sister but I hate to keep on saying this Joey was my star...waiting on me making sure Ihad everything I wanted and when everyone left he came in my room to just keep me company to make sure I was all right. I know I brag about him way to much but he's always there for me as he puts it I was always there for him an it's the way it's suppose to be. I have to say the food Leslie made was delicious. The lasagna tasted so much like my mom's it was uncanny, great meatballs an garlic bread. I didn't get to the beef and peppers but everyone said our peppers had so much flavor, so Joey and I did it. And first time Jodie made cookies, and everyone like them.Well we'll have enough leftovers even with Jodie taking them home too.

Well Merry Christmas to all and all a good night.

LUBS U ALL

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

Good Night Seashore Gif - Dapper Dope

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited December 2020

I hope everyone had as great a Christmas as possible, given this year's circumstances,

Mazel Tov, Ilona! That bubbly was totally appropriate. Hope it was delicious.

I didn't know of Chrissy (guess I didn't follow the threads she was in). May her memory be for a blessing,

Turns out the ranch Leslie's family rented is not in Houston, but Fredericksburg, in the hill country between San Antonio & Austin. We Zoomed with them Christmas Eve. It was chillier than they'd expected (30F) but not like the 9F we hit here by the lakefront. (I chickened out about wearing my mom's mink--turns out my packable down puffer coat was perfectly adequate). They're fine (PCR-tested neg)--but I still worry about their trip home. 17-hr. drive each way--all meals were drive-thru, eaten in the car or at a roadside picnic table. The dog seems to be adapting to being away from home. They will re-test, quarantine 10 days (per Chicago ordinance), and re-test again to be sure. Fingers crossed.

My combined Chrismukkah-birthday present from Bob is a 1/2 ct. near-colorless solitaire diamond pendant on an 18" chain. I'm glad we didn't go bigger, because nobody would have believed it's real. I could have gotten away with a 16" chain (which is on my .20 ct. pendant, slightly yellow, he bought me at Penney's 30 yrs. ago) but I don't want to swap the chains out. The tiny one shows just above my collarbone, but the new one will show outside a higher-neck blouse if I want to dangle it over the blouse. I'm wearing both. He's previously bought me more ornate pieces--last year, a teardrop ruby on white gold, but as I learned the hard way, rubies are way too delicate to wear day in & day out without cracking.

We were unable to try out the Keurig Drinkworks I bought Bob: not only doesn't it come with any drink pods, but it is so heavy it'll take all 3 of us (including our HK) on Mon. to wrestle it out of the box (still by the tree) and on to the bar cart we set up for it. He's going to see if Binny's has any drink pods in stock--the ones I bought are back-ordered.

DOTD with prime rib dinner Christmas Eve & the leftovers tonight was 2018 Fess Parker Santa Rita Hills Pinot Noir. (And last night, glogg of course--the kids drank theirs in TX and we tried to clink our computer screens). Tonight, we killed off the Mumm Napa Grande Annee with the last of the whitefish & salmon roes as our app; and with dessert we had Nicolas Sauternes (I drank mine from a cordial glass).

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited December 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Boxing Day! Had a nice day with Mom. Despite the crazy wind never lost power. The torrential rains never really materialized, but what rain we got did blow around pretty well. Got a call from Dick in the evening, his son came and took him out of the assisted living facility for the day, took him to the son's home for dinner, then drove him around to car visit with some of the grandkids, one of whom lives with a boyfriend who has tested positive for COVID. Supposedly everyone was wearing a mask and stayed 6 feet from the car, but still. His daughter, who has been crying about not being allowed to visit her dad, did NOT join them for dinner or for any of the visitations, which makes me wonder what's going on since she works in a doctor's office and knows the COVIDstuff as well as anyone. There have been 24 people test positive, with seven deaths in the outbreak in the assisted living facility where Dick is living now. Had a quick chat with my brother, his wife was asleep at the time.

Sadie says Woof to everyone

Cammy Cat--sounds like it's been busy at your place, that's a good thing for a holiday! I bet Bob loved the gift card. LOL at you giving Joey some of your gift card! Nothing wrong with too many desserts, they'll get eat eventually!

Librarian--so sorry to hear about your youngest DS. I know it's hard to cancel plans like that, but better to celebrate next weekend with everyone healthy than risk exposure. And the kitty got in on the action, too! I'd stay in my PJ's too!

Karen--thanks for the link, I've been looking for those posts since I heard about Chrissy passing.

Jazzy--sorry to hear your ear is acting up. This is a better time for something like that to happen than others, I suppose, but still inconvenient. Glad the eye check went well. The storm had lost some of it's punch when it got here, lots of wind, some power outages, not anywhere near as much rain as predicted, and temps hovering around 60. Much colder this ayem, 36 degrees, still some wind but not like it was. I've got quite a few more branches down in the yard but nothing has hit the house. Mom never lost power, either. It was pretty amazing watching the trees whipping around at times, though!

Cammy Cat--oh, my, your house has a new dog that alerts every time you go to the bathroom! What fun! What kind of doggo? His/her name? Maybe the dog will get used to you getting up and stop barking? Hope you had a good day.

Goldie--LOVE the Santa Clausmopolitan! Sorry to hear your brother lost taste and smell, that's practically diagnostic of COVID these days. Congrats on the new baby coming in April. Aunt Nana would be too funny! That is exciting news.

Jazzy--that looks amazing!

Illi--HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Cammy Cat--so sorry to hear about your sister being in the hospital. Glad it's not COVID, but it would be a relief to know what is going on, I imagine. Glad to hear BIL is better, sorry to hear he neededa stent. Talk about a roller coaster ride for Christmas for you! And you have every right to brag about Joey, he is a real wonder.

Chi--Glad to hear the kids are still healthy, and praying for a safe trip back when it's time for that. Your gift sounds absolutely amazing! So sorry the Keurig couldn't be christened, it must be a pretty big machine to be that heavy. I'm surprised it would come without pods. I hear virtual glass clinking is a bit of a challenge, hope yours went well!

Boxing Day Plum Pudding in a Glass

Ingredients:

1½ oz Plymouth gin*

¾ oz St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram

½ oz Pimm's No. 1

1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract

3 dashes Fee Brothers plum bitters

¼ oz honey syrup (1 part honey dissolved in 1 part hot water)

1 egg white (or 1 oz vegan equivalent like chick pea liquid)

Turbinado sugar (Sugar in the Raw) and grated allspice for garnishing

Instructions:

Add all the ingredients (except for the garnish) and shake vigorously without ice. Add the ice and shake again. Strain into a cocktail coupe or a goblet and garnish with sugar and grated allspice. Enjoy!

*I was deliberately looking for a milder gin here because I wanted the St. Elizabeth's to really be the star. If you'd like more of a gin presence, feel free to substitute Beefeater or Tanqueray, both equally British!

• JCSLibrarian
    JCSLibrarian Member Posts: 548
    edited December 2020

Happy day after Christmas! DS#2 finally tested negative late Thursday evening. We cancelled the dinner for that night and got together for Christmas morning brunch and presents. Everything went well. Food was good and people seemed to like their presents. Kids got a kick out of the staplers and staples in their stockings. The puppy, while nervous, did allow some petting and was well behaved. All in all, the event was a success. We will get together on Tuesday to eat the beef tenderloin.

Sounds like everyone had good holidays. Sandy, that necklace must be beautiful. Cami, your family adores you and wants to make many memories. Happy Anniversary, Illimae! Goldie, I do hope your brother and family recover from Covid with no lasting effects. NM, enjoy your break and get some rest.

Take care everyone!

• goldie0827
    edited December 2020

Jazzy, pancakes? Looks pretty, but I'm not a fan of pancakes, waffles or french toast. I guess too sweet and I'm not a sweet person, and not much a breakfast person either. Well, I'm sweet! I might snag a berry or two. Any news on your SIL?

BG, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH on 20 years. I'm like you, altho I wasn't De Novo, nor had the mets you did, but I never expected to be here today, especially after I was told I probably only had 1-2 years. It's been 6 1/2 years!

Cami, I haven't talked to my brother, I will today. Oh my, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your sister and BIL. Where was the stent? Just because Lu tested negative, doesn't mean she doesn't have it, but I pray she doesn't. Glad everything else went well for your Christmas and don't ever stop bragging on Joey. So any stories on FF?

Sandy, your pendants sounds lovely. I know your worried about the kids, praying all will be ok with them.

Oh my NM, with all of those positive tests where Dick is, I can't believe they let him out or that the family even took him, yikes! Glad your time with mom was nice. Cami's dog is not new new, just their newest one. It's wiener dog and his name is Lucky. And he is a wild one, let me tell you!

Just another day for us yesterday, however I burnt dinner. I made ribs, was charring them on the grill and came in the house for about 3 minutes. Long enough for the flame to get bigger and char my ribs black! Picking this up on Monday, will be my first time making filets! A bit nervous as I don't want to ruin them.

Image may contain: text that says 'December Specials PRE-ORDER IS REQUIRED PRE-PAYI PREFERRED! CALL 928-243-5933 For an additional $50. you get this 4-6oz Filet Mignon 4-8ozNewYork Strip 4 Bacon Burgers 1 Lbs Sausage Lbs Ground Beef Package ofStew Meat Lbs Chicken Breast 2 Lbs Bacon 2-12 oz Ribeyes 2-6oz Filet Mignon $100.00 Special'

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

73 Good Morning Wishes for Cat Lovers

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2020

Hi ladies- happy day after the holiday. I have been home laying low for a few days but going out today for some groceries, and a few other errands. It's been good to slow down, my ear problems made this girl take it easy for a few days. I love having these four day weekends. I have had times in my life where I worked a part time job (even contracting) for three days a week and it is my favorite schedule! I got lots of nice texts yesterday, did a few phone calls, a family Zoom later in the day with cousins (sister participated too) and talked to an old friend from grad school days last night before bed. I am still enjoying all kinds of good treats from my Xmas goodies I got this year.

Goldie- I got a pancake mix gift set for Xmas from a family member and rarely eat them either, too many carbs, but enjoyed the treat yesterday. The set came with a blueberry jam which I had on toast today which was also yummy. My SIL is the same, still in long term care and my sister mostly facetimes with her these days. CA has a very serious situation with Covid right now and some of the residents at the MIL's place near her now have it, but supposedly nothing at the rehab where my sister's partner is from what I have heard. I really hope your brother and his family come through their Covid stuff without problem. Glad to hear your infusion went better this time, whew!

ChiSandy- I lived in TX in the 1980s and also traveled to TX a lot into the 1990s for work. Fredricksburg is a lovely spot and an area that has grown with the huge expansion of the Austin area the past decade. I loved Austin back in the day, it's become too big for me now (was there for SXSW in 2012) but has such a great music scene. If the wedding ends up being that way in another year or so, I think you guys will enjoy your time there. Your diamond necklace sounds amazing!

Cami- I am sorry to hear about the family being in the hospital and all the rest. I pray everyone is better soon. You had some good eats and that Joey is a shining star for sure. You two have a special bond, I had one with my paternal grandmother like yours. It's a special thing, keep that going. Did you get any more gifts from your boyfriends?

NM- glad you and mom had a good day together. I talked to some folks in CT yesterday and heard they were getting pounded with rain along the coast. The story about Dick's place having Covid, them taking him out, eek. I hope you are enjoying your weekend time. You have your new job started and can really relax a bit this weekend I think?

JCS- your Xmas morning breakfast and gift exchange sounded wonderful.

Jazzy is going out to get some things done and will be back tomorrow with more updates before she returns to another busy three day work week.

Have a good day and if you are doing post Xmas shopping, shop until you drop!

Beth

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

Mornin ladies,

I'm baaack.

Lori u burn't ur dinner. Wow that doesn't sound like you. The December "menu" sounds inviting tho.. I'm glad ur talking to ur brother today, it'll be good for u.I had to LOL how u explained Lucky ur so on point, more than I can be. My BIL had 2 arteries??? completely blocked so they didn't do anything to that, but 1 90% and that's where they put the stent. He's a mess. Did u get to talk to ur son an DD, I hope so.

Sandy that sounds beautiful and so thoughtful. Glad ur kids are doing good and I know u can't wait til they come home soon. Sounds like Bob is feeling pretty good.

JC whew great ur son testd negative and u had a nice Christmas,

I started this hrs. ago, kept falling asleep. Coffee isn't helping today.

LUBS U ALL

• illimae
    edited December 2020

Thanks for the anniversary well wishes. Back at home just relaxing. Advent calendar is done, so no DOTD but maybe something tomorrow.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited December 2020

Happy 20th anniversary illimae!

Sandy - your necklace sounds beautiful.

Forgot today is Boxing Day!!

The weather was lovely today - sat outside ready - tomorrow it will start cooling off to the 40s then colder. Can't complain as it is late December.

Cami - sorry to hear that your sister is in the hospital

Jazzy - hope your ear is better

Nice to read about everyone's Christmas celebrations.

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

Best cute kitten GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,909
    edited December 2020

Good Morning, Loungettes!Happy Sunday Funday! Nothing much going on here yesterday or today. Temps are back in the cold range, wet stuff is frozen up again. Sadie is nothappy with the frozen ground out there, she gives me very dirty looks when I shoo her off the deck to go piddle in the morning. Not sure what's going to get accomplished today, if anything. Maybe some laundry. I need clean clothes! Mom was funny on Christmas, her new apartment came with a washer and dryer and she was going on about how HUGE they are, and how she has to go through almost all her clothes before there is enough tomake a full load! I suggested that she could set the water level lower and wash a half a load, but that "would just waste money". Now sure how that would waste money, but there's no moving Mom's mind once she's decided something will waste money.

Librarian--Hooray for the negative test for DS#2! Glad the brunch and presents and new puppy went well. Beef tenderloin sounds yummy!

Goldie--There is a little known fact that residents of nursing homes and assisted living facilities cannot be prevented from leaving the facility to visit with family if they want to and family want to take them. That would be violating their rights, holding them against their will, equivalent to kidnapping. It can be discouraged, staff can educate the resident and family about the risks, but staff cannot actually stop the family from taking the resident out. I suspect Dick's daughter told Dick and her brother this, and Dick's son caved in to his Dad who has been desperately trying to get anyone and everyone to take him out anywhere. It would also explain why she didn't go and visit while Dick was out. She doesn't want to be exposed and have to quarantine and lose work. Nice looking meat package! I'd say sorry about burning the ribs, but I really like them that way, so I'd be happy with them!

Jazzy--the new job has really started, I've worked a whole 2 and 1/2 days! Got one paycheck for the first day already. Weekly pay is nice, I must admit, and I'm glad that is continuing. We are on break this week, will be back to school full time on the 4th of Jan. I do feel much more relaxed now, though. The desk lamp and wall clock I ordered from amazon for the office came in already, so those will go with me on the 4th. While I can understand the temptation to take Dick out for Christmas dinner, taking him around to visit with people who are known to have COVID is just insane. Even if he did stay in the car and everyone wore masks and stayed 6 feet apart. I agree that a 3 day work week is a great schedule. I'm happy with my 5 day a week schedule right now, though. I am so looking forward to establishing a new, steady, work routine.

Cammy Cat--Ithought you folks had a brand new puppy! Shows how much I remember, right? How many doggos are there in your house?

Morning, Illi!

Morning, to you, too, Karen!

layered dalgona coffee cocktail

Ano Nuevo Horchata

Ingredients

• 3 Tbsp. coarse sanding sugar
    • 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    • 4 oz. tequila
    • 2 oz. Kahlua
    • 4 oz. almond milk, ice cold
    • 3 oz. dark agave syrup
    • 4 Tbsp. hot water
    • 4 Tbsp. espresso powder
    • 1/4 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg

Directions

1. Combine the sugar and cinnamon on a plate or glass rimmer.
    2. Wet the rims of two highball glasses and dip into the sanding sugar mixture.
    3. In a shaker filled with ice, combine the nutmeg, kalua, tequila and dark agave. Shake to chill.
    4. In a large glass, combine the hot water and the espresso powder. Using a milk frother, whip the coffee to stiff peaks.
    5. Fill the glasses with ice. Strain equal amounts of the tequila mixture into each glass.
    6. Pour 2 oz. of almond milk into each glass.
    7. Top the almond milk with the whipped Dalgona coffee mixture and serve immediately.

From <https://www.webstaurantstore.com/blog/1576/the-12-drinks-of-christmas.html>

It looks like Dalgona Coffee is another name for whipped coffee, also known as Korean coffee:

"Dalgona coffee is a beverage made by whipping equal proportions of instant coffee powder, sugar, and hot water until it becomes creamy and then adding it to cold or hot milk.[3] Occasionally, it is topped with coffee powder, cocoa, crumbled biscuits, or honey.[4] It was popularized on social media during the COVID-19 pandemic, when people refraining from going out started making videos of whipping the coffee at home, by hand without using electrical mixers.[5] The name is derived from dalgona, a Korean sugar sweet, due to the resemblance in taste and appearance, though most dalgona coffee doesn't actually contain dalgona. "

From <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalgona_coffee>

• goldie0827
    edited December 2020

JCS, we bumped one another into our cement pond! But it's fun and the Tenders take very good care of us! Glad your son tested negative, praying it stays that way! Staples and staplers, do tell. Who got the puppy and what kind?

Jazzy, sounds like you had a delightful day. It seems like your SIL is doing pretty good, especially if she's able to facetime. Is she off the ventilator? I think she was on one before. And gosh, when this first happened, it seems like no one expected her to live. If I remember right, they were there visiting you when this happened. My step DD and her family are in CA, near San Diego.

Cami, I talked to my kids, of course and to my 2 step DD's. Lucky is a wild one, he is all over the place. Is Lu still in the hospital? I'm still pissed at Marty's family and how they think of Joey and Leslie, how dare they.

Karen, I think your weather along with mine and Jazzy's can be similar. It's been nice here too, again to today and then getting cold tomorrow with high winds and perhaps snow M-T.

NM, maybe the waste of money on a smaller load is the electricity? That's the only thing I can think of. Do we all get so bullheaded when we get older like that? Seems like it. Ahhhhh, makes sense about those being able to leave the homes. Just like they can't use rails anymore on the beds. And I see you laughing at my ribs, but still liking them! Sorry Sadie is not happy about the weather, I don't blame her. I think xtra belly rubs will help. Praying that Dick stays safe. Do him and your mom talk often? Interesting cocktail, looks really yummy. I'm going switch out the Kahlua for some Bailey's.

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

Mornin Ladies,

Oh Illi u'll think of something fun to do u always do, so start thinking.

Karen It's nice to hear what everyone did even tho this was a crazy year, first and hope last one of a kind for any of us. u have any thing going on for the New Year??? I usually stay up all crazy hrs, but on New Year I tend to fall asleep around 10pm.

In fact no one I know have any plans going on.Christmas was a stretch. But does anyone have any type of plans. It Doesn;t bother me not to but again I'm planning a bunch of apitizers, which I know I will have to order myself, cuz for Christmas I had a spoonful of dip and some olives after I wanted a bunch of stuff. But I have to have my herring for good luck. I did n;t have it last year and look what happened to the whole world. So I'd better have it this year. The one yr I don't have it and a whole pandemic went thru the world, I can't take that chance again. I forgot to tell u FF was pretty good this year.

I was up a lot last nite an forgot to order all my personal stuff, so I did that and sometops and pants to wear around. I'm like addicted to online shopping,, I only use gift cardsI guess it could be worse, I don't go into any cards or the bank.

Everyone have a good day.

LUBS U ALL

• goldie0827
    edited December 2020

How my ribs turned out! 🤣🤬 Here ya go NM! image

• jazzygirl
    edited December 2020

Good morning friends- happy Funday Sunday as NM would say. I got out of the house yesterday after two days at home to get some groceries and other errands done. It was warmer here so I went down during my time out to one of the nearby nature preserves to look for some of the wintering birds (specifically the sandhill cranes that come from late October to February). Saw lots of Candian geese and a few sandhills. I need to spend more time outdoors, and am going to do a socially distanced walk today with a friend. We picked a good day to do it. Our temps were a low of 30 last night vs. being in the teens here. I don't mind the cold but if it's going to be cold, I would like some moisture. It's dry here.

Goldie- my SIL is both on a vent and feeding tube. I think she has a very limited quality of life in this situation and don't think anyone expected her to live this long. Perhaps my sister was trying to help her with some pallliative care at the end, similar to the way people with Covid sometimes are on a vent to the end to help their breathing. But it has gone down a different path. I think my sister talks more on Facetime than her partner does, but think in the new year, my sister will be able to get a vax from her job (she still works PRN at her old healthcare group, but not working right now) and her partner will be getting a vax sooner with being in a facility. Then they can resume in person visits, and I know they need to spend time together in person. Thanks for asking about them.

NM- I did realize you had started the new job and already got paid, whoot! Were you paid biweekly in the past? When I worked directly for client in the past on big projects, I used to invoice monthly (usually their requirement) and for large sums, but then had to wait another month to get paid. Required careful money management in times between. When I subcontracted, I usually got paid weekly (and it's nice, that was my last two projects I worked on before I went back FT). Now I am bi-weekly and always look forward to payday friday. I hope this next week goes really well for you.

Oh and about washing machines, I replaced mine this year and this front loader is much larger than the last one I bought when I set the house up in 2004. I find I like to really like to fill up that tank before I do a wash now and it can take longer to do so. I am the same way with my dishswasher. In my case, I am being careful with water because of being here in the desert and we are in a drought again. Your mom is a depression era baby, correct? If you need to do a wash, do a wash!

Karen- my ear is doing better, thanks for asking!

Cami- yes, nothing for New Years here either, but I rarely do anything. Last year, a BCO sister/friend was in Santa Fe for the holiday weekend and we met up there to celebrate the holiday there. Really fun and enjoyed doing that, something different for last year. They shoot guns off here at midnight as I may have shared in the past here, so you don't want to be out at midnight to catch a stray bullet. They don't call it the wild west for nothing friend. I have NY Eve day off from work and some errands and other things to do but will be home by late afternoon to be home for the evening and probably will get some take out to bring home for dinner. Not sure about the rest of the weekend, but have some home projects to get finished around here (oh the paperwork drama.) Hope things continue to improve with the family.

Mistyeyes, Celia C, Teka, MinusTwo, and others- hope you have had a nice holiday weekend!

Just wanted to let you know I am going to be taking a social media break starting New Years Day. Probably for a month, not sure yet, but I am going off everything to be able to focus on this new phase of work I am heading into that will be more intense (they actually called it an "intensive"). I like to take breaks a couple times a year and it's time. For those of you on FB with me, I posted it there too. I like to let you know because I know when people disappear, we worry about each other sometimes. I plan to be back on Thursday to wish you all a good start to 2021.

Until then friends, stay well and enjoy the final days of 2020. A year all of us will remember for a long, long time....

• chisandy
    chisandy Member Posts: 11,408
    edited December 2020

Jazzy, hope your ear is on the mend! We saw sandhill cranes flying south earlier this week. Prayers for the peace & comfort of your SIL, as well as for the comfort of your sis.

Bob worked very late last night, will again tonight, and the rest of this week (but will make it home before midnight New Year's Eve). So it'll be dinner for one for the foreseeable near future--and no need for a DOTD. (Unless, as he said last night, he wants hot glogg tonight, in which case that'll be today's DOTD).

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606
    edited December 2020

Cami - no plans for New Years Eve - its just a Thursday!

• camillegal
    edited December 2020

Hi ladies.

I'm here again...what a lazy day, well more than usual.

Lori could u eat those or ribs are not edible like those. I honestly don't knw I've never had ribs before.

Jazzy hope ur all OK now sounds like ur better.

My sister is in the hospital still, they took more tests and all the tests have been fine. In other words they don't have a clue but she does feel much better and her voice is a lot stronger. So she's hoping to go home by Tuesday with no answers. But one of her DD's has covid now...this is all crazy. She dowsn't feel super bad, so she's not in the hospital at least.

Well that's my news feed for the night.

LUBS U ALL